Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Surprised CAF hasn't linked this yet. Apologies if p*ssed I'm doing it first

Rasher f*n sandwiches LMFAO

Sorry just upping my post count to 200 :D;):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Posted this in the New Years thread but this will be of interest in here too:)
    Old Skool rules the roost in London this year with 3 massive events on, Moondance http://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Lond...2010/11403918/
    The legendary RAINDANCE http://www.dontstayin.com/parties/raindance
    and Earthquake Warehouse Rave http://www.facebook.com/pages/earthquake/69516583488

There are a lot of other events (as in new music) that appeal to me too but when you have 3 massive Old Skool events like this on the same night there's only gonna be one choice for me - has to be Old Skool,Raindance would be the logical choice the last ever event @ SE1 which is a legendary venue but tickets not cheap @ £30, Earthquake is only a tenner and the line up for that is immense so im leaning towards that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

This is one of my favourites from those days. Suprising how many people have never heard of it.

Does this count asylum/oldskool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    This is one of my favourites from those days. Suprising how many people have never heard of it.

Well i certainly loved this track back then & still give it an airing regularly.

• Advertisement

Love the track but personally would consider it more ambient/chill out.

It's funny someone should mention The Orb as i was just listening to the absolute classic Live 93 this morning, a timeless masterpiece everyone should own this classic.:)

51VLi0G52mL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Anyone into Juno Reactor?

bible of Dreams, High energy protons and the likes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zzdcnqgdcw

quality stuff,look at the dancing you just dont see that anymore too much like robots thesedays:confused:

the first comment sums it all up well

It really captures the essence of what Britain was becoming in the 90's , but also shows how the generation of the naughties "00's" has failed to take the leap . This part of musical history, will be with mankind forever. What a marvelous triumphant era.
    ;)

excellent stuff used to love Goa Trance:)

SteoL wrote: »
    Anyone into Juno Reactor?

bible of Dreams, High energy protons and the likes

• Advertisement

Love most of it meself but for some reason could never get into Infected Mushroom :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

george kranz-din daa daa(the moon and the sun clunmix)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?52vyn2l3h131s1w enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

http://www.mediafire.com/?e4yxytxziiy

lookin 4 this yrs lads any1 know it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Yes this is a classic! Reminds me of Rush (as in the Location:)) , where we use to go and stay at a mates caravan on some campsite.There was about 10 of use with a nice sound system on the beach at night and on acid :D
    Amazing ;)

But this is my favorite Orb Track

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Sending this one out for es-cee to add to the collection:pac:

nice track to start off the week on the cheese factor lol, on another note and way down the other end of the spectrum heres an evil little number on the nightstalker E.P. quality track ;)

es-cee wrote: »
    nice track to start off the week on the cheese factor lol, on another note and way down the other end of the spectrum heres an evil little number on the nightstalker E.P. quality track ;)

I have to say i can kind of understand where yer coming from now when expressing your distatse for the 'cheese' you mentioned a few days ago, i would feel like mashing the DJ's head into the turntable should this be played at any self respecting Rave nowadays......dont get me wrong, i aint putting Grace or Nicolai into the same category of cheese as that last tune but i now see your point.:D

Have to say it, Warren Kiernan was(is) THE best DJ ever put out there. F**K the "superstar" DJs, they aint got a patch on our homegrown talent.

Have to say it, Warren Kiernan was(is) THE best DJ ever put out there. F**K the "superstar" DJs, they aint got a patch on our homegrown talent.

I would prefer Jay Careys stuff meself over Warren K's to be honest but the point is valid.......hyped up superstar international celebrity bullsh.it.

I would prefer Jay Careys stuff meself over Warren K's to be honest but the point is valid.......hyped up superstar international celebrity bullsh.it.

Unfortunately I never got to experience Jay DJing in a club, mores the pity. My first night in Sides Warren wrecked the place and I more or less followed him around (not as a stalker mind :D ) till my dying days of raving.

I have to say i can kind of understand where yer coming from now when expressing your distatse for the 'cheese' you mentioned a few days ago, i would feel like mashing the DJ's head into the turntable should this be played at any self respecting Rave nowadays......dont get me wrong, i aint putting Grace or Nicolai into the same category of cheese as that last tune but i now see your point.:D

i'd point blank walk out if that sh1t was played in a rave i was at man, dead straight. hate cheesey soundin stuff, wrecks me head. hardcore went the same way after 94 but the break beat stuff has been decent the last 10 years or so. but yeah that tune ya upped is cheese with a capital "C", and i know ya like nikolai and grace but they give me the same vibe man, nikolai just aggrivates the fcuk outa me now at this stage, grace not so much i could actually listen to that but not out ravin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

I was born in '75 but this week found this flyer belonging to an uncle of mine, stamped in March '76 in Tiffany's, Chapel Lane. Thought it might be of interest in this retro thread...

spoonface wrote: »
    I was born in '75 but this week found this flyer belonging to an uncle of mine, stamped in March '76 in Tiffany's, Chapel Lane. Thought it might be of interest in this retro thread...

good to have a look at alright, was prob a place me ma & da frequented bitd lol, wouldn't be my scene tho. ain't big on 70's disco music at all man, would be more into the rock and emerging metal scene from that era, led zep, the stones and the like.

crackin tune from the ormond era, upped by G over on YT, good man yourself ;)

would have to agree with you there mate,alongside Liam Dollard as well both are my favourite Irish DJ's ever,Liam for House and Warren for Trance/Techno.:)

dont suppose any1 has a tracklist for mick walsh neutrailise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ..REACH..

Howye lads! Great thread. Some great tunes inside.

We have Tango&Ratty coming over on the 19th of this month for our 4th birthday. They plan on laying down a Hardcore set to beat them all.

Hope ya dont mind if i lash up a flyer.. Feel free to bin it, Mods.

Hope some of ye can make it down :)

150281_159968377375862_100000881017988_271633_1292405_n.jpg

tango? didnt he play at asylum? name is familiar, dont know about ratty tho

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Think I asked before but was wondering if there was a tracklistings for the DJ Pressure - Wanted. Have looked around but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ..REACH..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Might not be but this popped into my head reading the lyrics you posted,

Thats exactly what I thought too;)

Oh yeah free cheese for all
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1327429/Irish-Government-laughing-stock-cheddar-cheese-need-scheme.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Think I asked before but was wondering if there was a tracklistings for the DJ Pressure - Wanted. Have looked around but no joy.

I asked a while back about a particular track too on that legend of a tape but all I got was.....

Tumbleweed.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement