Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

JCarey70 wrote: »
    If you can find a copy of this EP then I will eat my shorts. MW was the only one to have it. He called it the 'Too long gone EP' for reasons I can't go into here :D He used to play it all the time but it never got old, always sounded fcukin brilliant. Top tune. I had the other mixes off the EP done out as well but I must have deleted them by mistake. Will have to get the vinyl off Mick again and re-mp3 it. The pic I used is for the other (weaker imo) versions of the same tunes, but I had to use something ;)

is this what you are looking for?

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=214476&ev=rb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

francois wrote: »
    ha ha, mocked by Discogs. I used to think I owned a few records that were worth something... not anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

is this what you are looking for?.... http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?release_id=214476&ev=rb
    joker77 wrote: »
    ha ha, mocked by Discogs. I used to think I owned a few records that were worth something... not anymore.
    Lad's... you've got the wrong end of the stick... Jay is talkin' about an 'in house' Nr:Gex joke here,.... I could'nt even try to explain... it's a long, long story. :D

Anyway. Jay, as I said, that's the best upload ever... I cant see anything toppin that1. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

No, that's the bog standard EP (as far as I know). The one I ul'd was taken from a white lable, the same tracks but different (and much much better imo) mixes, I might be getting confused between this and with MB's Afro Indian release so forgive me. I'm gonna try and get the EP off Mick again and ul all the mixes again.

Gen:FX wrote: »
    Lad's... you've got the wrong end of the stick... Jay is talkin' about an 'in house' Nr:Gex joke here,.... I could'nt even try to explain... it's a long, long story. :D

Anyway. Jay, as I said, that's the best upload ever... I cant see anything toppin that1. ;)
    fair enough - that's put me back in my box :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Iv'e put together samples of 24 tunes i'm trying to have Id'd.Its pretty long (just under an hour) and contains tuneage off old mixtapes,Jay Carey,MW,Warren,Dilly,Ed Case and some unknown DJ's.
    Maybee some of the regs/usuall suspects might DL and see if you's can help us out ??Tnx...

http://www.mediafire.com/?d6aeouvzktjtbuq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Just been listening to es-cee's latest mix there & was given a shiver down my spine when i heard this one again, nothing new but man i tell ya, the memory of the bottom floor of the ASYLUM, neon lights making everything glow, red lasers flying, smoke & stobes going full on, ecstasy surging through your blood & this menacing sound roaring out of the speakers.......unbelivable feeling i can still feel now in the pit of my stomach,

Any chance of a tracklist sean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Just been listening to es-cee's latest mix there & was given a shiver down my spine when i heard this one again, nothing new but man i tell ya, the memory of the bottom floor of the ASYLUM, neon lights making everything glow, red lasers flying, smoke & stobes going full on, ecstasy surging through your blood & this menacing sound roaring out of the speakers.......unbelivable feeling i can still feel now in the pit of my stomach

You forgot to mention your - everybody's jaw looked like a cash register;):D

You forgot to mention your - everybody's jaw looked like a cash register;):D

Lot of cash registers alright but if you were giving it 120% it was deffered somewhat due to the expending of energy:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

used to see people in some states in the temple as well, never got a mad jaw meself, think its the gum that gets ya that way.

Nah I think some people are more prone than others. A mate of mine used to gurn after about 20-25 minutes. He had a lightning fast metabolism, is only a short fella (about 5 foot). Whenever we had new yokes, after dropping we'd all turn to him to see when he started coming up. He was always first - so it was our way of telling if they were duds or not :)

Cash register jaw after a half hour for him, his cheeks used to be in bits the next day

joker77 wrote: »
    Nah I think some people are more prone than others. A mate of mine used to gurn after about 20-25 minutes. He had a lightning fast metabolism, is only a short fella (about 5 foot). Whenever we had new yokes, after dropping we'd all turn to him to see when he started coming up. He was always first - so it was our way of telling if they were duds or not :)

Cash register jaw after a half hour for him, his cheeks used to be in bits the next day

Used to chew them meself to get them to come up faster.....ahh that bitter taste if it was food or drink you would spew out in revulsion but when it hit the back of your tongue, mmmmmmm savour its pure ecstasy bitterness:cool:

Used to chew them meself to get them to come up faster.....ahh that bitter taste if it was food or drink you would spew out in revulsion but when it hit the back of your tongue, mmmmmmm savour its pure ecstasy bitterness:cool:

thats is disgustin key :( i hated and still hate the taste of yokes, its sickens me. anytime i'd take 1 and that taste hit me tonge i'd literally heeve, and it got to a stage were i had to take em with yoghurt or a yop to mask that hidious flavour. still have to swallow em with coke or lemonade or cider, cant take em with water or lager, sickens me right out, and gives me a weak stomach for the rest of the night, horrible horrible taste off em, one of the worst i've ever experienced.

es-cee wrote: »
    thats is disgustin key :( i hated and still hate the taste of yokes, its sickens me. anytime i'd take 1 and that taste hit me tonge i'd literally heeve, and it got to a stage were i had to take em with yoghurt or a yop to mask that hidious flavour. still have to swallow em with coke or lemonade or cider, cant take em with water or lager, sickens me right out, and gives me a weak stomach for the rest of the night, horrible horrible taste off em, one of the worst i've ever experienced.

As with all things fine.....you have to aquire a taste for them:P

As with all things fine.....you have to aquire a taste for them:P

i've forced meself to like things in the past (aquire a taste if you will) but they really turn me green man, i used to hate when i'd get handed dusty yokes years ago, the ones with a hard shell were great but dusty yokes man eeeewwwwwwwww :( used to take about a half hour to swallow one of em, then it would get caught in the back of your throat and lodge there givin of about an hours worth of rechid flavour and i used to be sick as a dog.
    theres another thing for ya, ya always new when ya had good ones years ago as they nearly always made ya spew up your dinner or whatever you had consumed be it alcohol or whatever. remember one time think i was bout 16 and was in the local field knacker drinkin as ya do, popped a couple of pills and me and my mate like clockwork walked off in the same direction from the crowd bout 20 ft maybe and spewed up lol. syncronized vommetin lol. they hit to of us at the exact same time and that was the end of whatever dinner n stuff i had inside me lmao!!!!
    ah good times pmsl!!!

the prodigy - narayan

tune!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Iv'e put together samples of 24 tunes i'm trying to have Id'd.Its pretty long (just under an hour) and contains tuneage off old mixtapes,Jay Carey,MW,Warren,Dilly,Ed Case and some unknown DJ's.
    Maybee some of the regs/usuall suspects might DL and see if you's can help us out ??Tnx...

1st tune on it is "Energy Raver - Heaven Seven"

another on it is "RMS - Energy Pump" around 13 mins I think it was. Cant find it on youtube.

http://www.discogs.com/RMS-Energy-Pump/release/149823

Have been having a look through my vinyl collection on discogs, using the stats view to see what's worth what (when logged in, go here - http://www.discogs.com/mycollection?layout=stats). A couple of surprises - didn't think these would be worth what they are:

Sound Crowd - Second EP (with Energy Rush) - starting from over 20, a few for 40 and 1 loon looking for 60

SPQR - Unlimited Dreams - 2 copies - both over 70 euro. Bizarre, didn't think it would be that rare.

Joe T Vanelli - Playing with the voice - around 20 euro

A&E Dept - The Rabbit's Name was - 20 to 30 euro

As usual - there's quite a few in there I would have thought would be worth more, like this...

Cosmic baby - loops of infinity - can pick up this double pack for well under a tenner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

towards the end of the 90's when my tolerance levels on the persian rugs was especially high i sometimes used to chew 2 or 3 of the bad boys in order to get a buzz and then swallow another 7/8/9 as the night went on chewing them was vile though, dropping one or sometimes even 2 just wasn't giving me the buzz anymore and i used to top up with speed and charlie, jaysus if i took one yoke now id be on the floor:D

My teeth are completely ****ed from years of persian rug abuse, it would take thousands to get them fixed, price you have to pay i suppose:eek::)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

The 1 that starts ' 10'15 is

Alici & Ralphie Dee - Dancing In The Temple Of Lust

and what a ****ing track that is.Think the title says it all really :D.The other tracks on the vinyl are x c lent aswell.

The next 1 is Back ii front - Ibiza:

here http://www.discogs.com/Various-Thee-Album/release/138005

The 1 @ 32:36 is Big Ben

http://www.discogs.com/Suspecious-Lovewaves/release/235968

45:41 i'm sure is Obsesive - Turn on tune in.

And as usualy there's about another 3 there i know but can't remember at the minuate.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

No bother at all Ace!! Just found it there a while ago myself. Yeah its on Wonderland if i'm not mistaken.
    aceberg wrote: »
    Nice 1 Ger been tryin to get this mix for a while now nice 1.

Tnx to ace and tdv for the id's...

6 down/ALOT to go!!

any ideas on the tunes @20.20 ( dilly mix and is top tune)
    @28.38 ( Ed Case XXX)
    @46.40 and 42.30 (sfx/93)

Also the tune @41.10 i think might be Intrance Feat. D-Sign - Bang.Is this right??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

any ideas on the tunes
    @28.38 ( Ed Case XXX)

There's a track list of xxx on this thread. which i think has this as omega force the beast....but i dont think its that

Tnx to ace and tdv for the id's...

6 down/ALOT to go!!

any ideas on the tunes @20.20 ( dilly mix and is top tune)
    @28.38 ( Ed Case XXX)
    @46.40 and 42.30 (sfx/93)

Also the tune @41.10 i think might be Intrance Feat. D-Sign - Bang.Is this right??

Not sure but the 1 before it is Itche & Scratchy - Sweetness and light.

Ha ha just remembered the 1 at 46.40 is Cyborgs From Hell - Executive relief it's on that crowd control vol 2

knird evol wrote: »
    There's a track list of xxx on this thread. which i think has this as omega force the beast....but i dont think its that

The fact the tune is called 'The Beast' would sound right considering the vocals...
    also sounds like same guy in the other tune 'The rhythm' on that EP.

Ah fairplay to ya man your a legend.And a decent rip aswell.Interesting tho considering i was told it was Dj Seduction - Here it comes.:D

And below is the flip side and i also recorded this on the same tape so i defo recorded it from the vinyl.

Not a bad track either.

aceberg wrote: »
    Ah fairplay to ya man your a legend.And a decent rip aswell.Interesting tho considering i was told it was Dj Seduction - Here it comes.:D

And below is the flip side and i also recorded this on the same tape so i defo recorded it from the vinyl.

Not a bad track either.

no probs, i'll up it for ya now man, got it in 320 just there ;)

• Advertisement

The fact the tune is called 'The Beast' would sound right considering the vocals...
    also sounds like same guy in the other tune 'The rhythm' on that EP.

Not sure it is Omega Force - The Beast.

I have a rip of that track and it's different.Sounds a little like it alrite but the sample u u/l has a piano break and the 1 i rip i have does'nt.There's only 1 listed on discogs.Unless there's a mix outhere that just aint listed on discogs.
    no probs, i'll up it for ya now man, got it in 320 just there ;)

Cheers man super fairplay.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement