Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Germulhall??? :eek: :eek: :eek: GENIUS - fair fcuks to ya - thanks a lot... you don't know how long etc etc... :D

So far:

Title Artist
    1) ?????? ????????????
    2) Blitz Thrillseekers
    3) ?????? ???????????? (sample taken from Carlos Santana - Oye Coma Va)
    4) Dance among the stars Thrillseekers
    5) ?????? ????????????
    6) Keep Pumpin Thrillseekers
    7) Back Again - Run tings
    8) Terminator Goldie/Rifuge Cru
    9) Tough But Nice - Kev Bird & Wax Doctor
    10 Kemistry Goldie/Rifuge Cru
    11) Dark Matter - Kev Bird & Wax Doctor (Original Mix)
    12) ?????? ???????????? (Sample taken from DJ Unity - Macka B, Tony Rebel)
    13) ?????? ????????????

5 more to go :pac:

....... i have been chasing these tracks for....!! Lol I know exactly what ya mean man. Anytime Jay!! No bother at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

And this cracker on Jack Smooth's label Smooth Recordings of which Basement was a Parent label to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

ya cant beat them tony de vit mixes,real party tunes, tony de vit r.i.p. must get some fergie mixes,tonys protiche.hes very good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

ya cant beat them tony de vit mixes,real party tunes, tony de vit r.i.p. must get some fergie mixes,tonys protiche.hes very good too

meh, he's alright, sold out like the rest of the hard house crew once they squeezed the genre dry.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

es-cee wrote: »

In case you ever wondered where the sample came from. His name was Jah Screechy - SL2 had to search the length and breath of England in order to get him onto TOTP and to appear in the vid.

Walk and Skank - Jah Screechy

Used to play this in the Fox and Pheasant pub just off Caple Street in the 80's when we were all Skins. Pity they haven't got a Reggae forum in here - I would swamp it with tunes :D

In case you ever wondered where the sample came from. His name was Jah Screechy - SL2 had to search the length and breath of England in order to get him onto TOTP and to appear in the vid.

Walk and Skank - Jah Screechy

Used to play this in the Fox and Pheasant pub just off Caple Street in the 80's when we were all Skins. Pity they haven't got a Reggae forum in here - I would swamp it with tunes :D

wouldn't know me reggae to well now jay i'm afraid but i had always wondered were they got the sample from. not that i hate ragga tip or anythin just think they brought out much better stuff, and ragga just gets the recognition coz it done the charts, the exact opposite of what the rave scene set out to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

wouldn't know me reggae to well now jay i'm afraid but i had always wondered were they got the sample from. not that i hate ragga tip or anythin just think they brought out much better stuff, and ragga just gets the recognition coz it done the charts, the exact opposite of what the rave scene set out to do.

They had another track called 'Way in my brain' that didn't hit the big time like 'On a Ragga tip', which sampled another Reggae track - 'Wayne Smith's 'Under mi sleng teng'

SL2 - Way in my brain

Wayne Smith - Under me sleng teng

They had another track called 'Way in my brain' that didn't hit the big time like 'On a Ragga tip', which sampled another Reggae track - 'Wayne Smith's 'Under mi sleng teng'

SL2 - Way in my brain

"it's way in my brain", best track they have imo man, great to know were that sample came from, thanks man ;):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Click the link below to DL the tape (just one side) and forgive the sound quality as it was ripped from a copy of the master tape)

Warren K - Breakbeat

Still one of my all time favorite mixed tapes.

That's one hell of a mix Jay! I love that type stuff!

Kind off reminds me of altern8 mix i heard over the weekend.
    A 2 hour mix live from Poland,recorded a few weeks back, will try and u/l it soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

i'm not tryin to start a debate................ from the supposed "classics" of the club that have been posted on here, the majority of em stink of cheese, case in point

Heres an old tape i converted ages back sean, im not sure if you grabbed this before? Anyway it has the original track that DJ Cerla track was sampled from on side A @ 20:30, some really oldskool gabber on it to i say you will like,

http://www.4shared.com/file/116509379/75facff4/Olympic_Asylum_Gabba_1993_Side_A.html
    http://www.4shared.com/file/116468026/66d4d919/Olympic_Asylum_Gabba_1993_Side_B.html
    i'm not tryin to start a debate................*bring on the abuse, i can take it* lol

I dont respond to trolls:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

germulhall wrote: »
    Track 9 is this. Another cracker of a tune!!

Fair play germulhall ! that tune has sent me right back :D

Needless to say it's going on repeat all day :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

SL2 - Way in my brain

Way in my Brain is a f***n deadly tune. Love it. Probably the only SL2 track I liked. Nice one Jay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I know I've posted this before, and others probably did before me but love it so much I have to post it again. One of the best "Gabber" tunes out there IMO. Also love the comment by speedybot200
    "oh orgasummm!
    love it on me speakers :D. i like the ding dong! parts"

Heres an old tape i converted ages back sean, im not sure if you grabbed this before? Anyway it has the original track that DJ Cerla track was sampled from on side A @ 20:30, some really oldskool gabber on it to i say you will like,

http://www.4shared.com/file/116509379/75facff4/Olympic_Asylum_Gabba_1993_Side_A.html
    http://www.4shared.com/file/116468026/66d4d919/Olympic_Asylum_Gabba_1993_Side_B.html

I dont respond to trolls:D:D:D

think i grabbed it before alright, not my cuppa all the same. trolls :pac::pac::pac::D

Whats the story with the plus besdie your name in the currently active users window?

136220.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

2 for 1 ...... just listening to these as i browse the interweb

Whats the story with the plus besdie your name in the currently active users window?

136220.JPG

dunno, wtf:confused:

dunno, wtf:confused:

lol it means your special Es lol :D:D

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    lol it means your special Es lol :D:D

Are we putting emphasis on the word 'Special' :pac::pac::pac:

lets not:rolleyes:

Maybe you win it for being a Brazen Ballsy bastard coming into an oldskool forum & telling everyone they are cheese loving plastic ravers & there rave of choice was nothing more thaan a cheese factory disco bar;)....maybe

Whatever about putting emphasis on words......it's putting the corks on the forks !!!!:D:pac::pac::pac::D

Whatever about putting emphasis on words......it's putting the corks on the forks !!!!:D:pac::pac::pac::D

biden_ruprecht.jpg?w=425&h=324

Maybe you win it for being a Brazen Ballsy bastard coming into an oldskool forum & telling everyone they are cheese loving plastic ravers & there rave of choice was nothing more thaan a cheese factory disco bar;)....maybe

has some1 got the hump coz i don't agree with them?

has some1 got the hump coz i don't agree with them?

Mmmmm:D

i'm not tryin to start a debate................*bring on the abuse, i can take it* lol

Es I know how much ya like the aul tracklisting task lol :D
    Throw your hand at a tracklisting por favor ..... or anyone else who enjoys compiling tracklists for sets for that matter

Not a bad little set (it's even got some grated cheese on) :o

DJ Kieran live at Prism in Oxford 31.5.91
    Part 1
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/VSYtJZK1/Prism__1_-_Oxford_OldSkool_-_3.html
    Part 2
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/Qh9fasXC/Prism__2_-_Oxford_OldSkool_-_3.html

Mmmmm:D

:D there were times as well to be fair when i just plain walked out of the temple for the same crap, so i think all clubs (well most lol) are guilty of the same carry on. don't agree with commercial music in raves, it totally goes against what the rave scene set out to do way back when:)

• Advertisement

Es I know how much ya like the aul tracklisting task lol :D
    Throw your hand at a tracklisting por favor ..... or anyone else who enjoys compiling tracklists for sets for that matter

Not a bad little set (it's even got some grated cheese on) :o

DJ Kieran live at Prism in Oxford 31.5.91
    Part 1
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/VSYtJZK1/Prism__1_-_Oxford_OldSkool_-_3.html
    Part 2
    http://www.4shared.com/audio/Qh9fasXC/Prism__2_-_Oxford_OldSkool_-_3.html

i'll grab it when on me laptop later, stuck usin this bleedin ps3 at the mo till i get me room back to normal.
    hardcore is it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement