Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    just to add to ger's post above (at the risk of turning the thread into a political debate lol)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blogs/ireland/ireland-in-crisis-the-stories-theyre-not-telling-you-p184.html

Wonder will we see Vincent "the voice" Browne do a Howard Beale anytime soon?

Great film!!!!

I've previously posted this tune here but it's a Great tune influenced by above mentioned,great sampling.

This should be the tune we march to on Saturday!!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Have this one on vinyl meself:D

And the flipside...

These guys are still gigging regularly all over the UK.

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Have this one on vinyl meself:D

And the flipside...

These guys are still gigging regularly all over the UK.

there a good act man, i'm still convinced they invented real jungle. i know the term jungle has been thrown round in the rave scene since 91 or so but if ya listen to the likes of living in darkness its got a reall jungle vibe goin on there even tho jungle has only been a recognised genre since the split in 93

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Well done ger , great post, isn't it a shame that we typically wait until the horse bolts before looking at the swinging barn door? The government and their cronies lost the run of themselves whilst the rest of us just lost our way...dare I say it again....the founders of our state n those that fought and died in its name must be rotating furiously in their graves,as are those who fought & died over the course of 2 world wars to stop them lot taking control of all Europe,less than 100 yrs down the line and here we are handing it to them on a fookin golden plate.:(

Re: Sean's post,will I be seeing some of you on wood quay this coming Saturday morning? wrap up warm!! ....I don't know what it'll achieve if anything at all but atleast a show of solidarity ......i'm pissed off been pissed off n doing nothing to show how pissed off I am.....and i'm seriously pissed off with the lack of alternatives...Enda Kenny n co?? :rolleyes: Gilmore?? Rabbitte?? the Greens??? there's not one stand out alternative to show faith in....we must be the laughing stock of the world how things have gone these past few years.....bring on the clowns....oh sorry ,we already have ,messers Cowen,Lenihan and Aherne before them.

Rant over:o

Well that makes 3 of us then Sean and G as i will definitely be going in myself as well. I cant stand it anymore. We have been lied to for years. I agree with you G. It might not change anything but at least we have tried something in honour of what our forefathers fought so hard for nearly a hundred years ago. It is absolute madness to let the IMF or ECB take over our country and sovereignty. We need to follow in Argentina's footsteps by defaulting on our debt. And then leave the Euro and set up our own currency once again. You see see in here how the IMF "even used bogus projections that consistently under-predicted Argentina's growth in the hope of undermining confidence" to sabotage Argentina when they defaulted. They are absolute scum!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/nov/22/ecb-ireland-bailout-argentina

Thats me done for the moment!! lol

Here's another "early jungle" tune ....

Classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

LECTROSOUL - Zeitgeist Tír Na Saor (Land of the Free Mix)
    Homegrown Stuff - Warren K, Richie Rock & Mark SOUND. ;)

Play it LOUD first thing getting dressed Sat morn. :)

Gen:FX wrote: »
    LECTROSOUL - Zeitgeist Tír Na Saor (Land of the Free Mix)
    Homegrown Stuff - Warren K, Richie Rock & Mark SOUND. ;)

Play it LOUD first thing getting dressed Sat morn. :)

Nice 1 Caf .....so will ya be marching to the beat yourself come Sat? ......thinking we should arrange a meeting point for "Oldskoolers against political oppression" ..... demand our right to rave again lol .....lets ignite the Raveolution....

Nice 1 Caf .....so will ya be marching to the beat yourself come Sat? ......thinking we should arrange a meeting point for "Oldskoolers against political oppression" ..... demand our right to rave again lol .....lets ignite the Raveolution

Spiral Tribe " FFWD THE REVOLUTION"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Nice 1 Caf .....so will ya be marching to the beat yourself come Sat? ......thinking we should arrange a meeting point for "Oldskoolers against political oppression" ..... demand our right to rave again lol .....lets ignite the Raveolution....

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Germulhall??? :eek: :eek: :eek: GENIUS - fair fcuks to ya - thanks a lot... you don't know how long etc etc... :D

So far:

Title Artist
    1) ?????? ????????????
    2) Blitz Thrillseekers
    3) ?????? ???????????? (sample taken from Carlos Santana - Oye Coma Va)
    4) Dance among the stars Thrillseekers
    5) ?????? ????????????
    6) Keep Pumpin Thrillseekers
    7) Back Again - Run tings
    8) Terminator Goldie/Rifuge Cru
    9) Tough But Nice - Kev Bird & Wax Doctor
    10 Kemistry Goldie/Rifuge Cru
    11) Dark Matter - Kev Bird & Wax Doctor (Original Mix)
    12) ?????? ???????????? (Sample taken from DJ Unity - Macka B, Tony Rebel)
    13) ?????? ????????????

5 more to go :pac:

J, do you have a discogs link to track 6?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

J, do you have a discogs link to track 6?

Cheers

Why yes sir just click the pic below: Absolute MONSTER of a tune!!!

R-20488-1284145553.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Fight the Power - Public Enemy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Howdy G. Na, wont make it, I'm leaving the Big SHmoke and heading down to Spud Gobbler Country for a few days.

We cant forget this 1 now, can we?
    This is from a time when the English Government tried to repress dance music. Take a peek here - The NRB (No Repetitive Beats) Clause 58
    Extract - "In 2009, Section 63 of the Act was used by police to shut down a birthday barbecue held on legal property for 15 people" .... mmmm, now where did I hear that one before ? ;-P

Sorry folks just noticed Embedding is Disabled.

Spiral Tribe (Full Version) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdOAUjbWjxI

Seriously,where the fook is everyone? ....... Jeez H please dont say peeps are sat in front of sheeples information boxes watching brain numbing media whores craving attention in their "do you know who I am" condition which is nothing short of vile money making bull**** cleverly disguised as entertainment???? ...or are they watching I'm a Celebrity??? :D

Not too long now before we're all like this .....

For those of you interested in the original adaptation (1954)
    Here's the complete film :rolleyes: the irony ...."get away from your TV , come ere n watch this" lol :o sorry :o it's actually a great watch ....and real oldskool!! ;) Timeless

...or are they watching I'm a Celebrity??? :D

;):p:D

;):p:D

Jesus Sean tell me you weren't,you don't n you wouldn't?!?
    :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

That's taking "Jungle" love just a tad too far !!!
    :pac::pac::pac:

That's taking "Jungle" love just a tad too far !!!
    :pac::pac::pac:

nah i was only jestin mate, been up to me tits in me gaf sortin out me room and (most importantly) gettin me decks set back up thank jaysus!!!!
    happy camper now, time to do a little light shoppin at discogs lol :D

.......And now for something completely different......or atleast back towards the music side of things!

:D

nah i was only jestin mate, been up to me tits in me gaf sortin out me room and (most importantly) gettin me decks set back up thank jaysus!!!!
    happy camper now, time to do a little light shoppin at discogs lol :D

Ah m8,nice 1 :D delighted for ya,musta been a killer having them boxed away like that.....Sean before ya go near discogs have a butchers at the ads on adverts.ie pages , some vinyl going there,ranging from €5-10 yoyo's ,some are looking for mad money but there are some there offering bundles for decent prices....t'is a buyers market these days,everyone wants a sale! .... fookin chuffed for ya been set back up man!! :D

Here,check these out......anyone got a spare €2000?
    http://www.adverts.ie/317583/other-music-instruments-and-equipment/rare-gold-plated-technics-pics-added/

Ah m8,nice 1 :D delighted for ya,musta been a killer having them boxed away like that.....Sean before ya go near discogs have a butchers at the ads on adverts.ie pages , some vinyl going there,ranging from €5-10 yoyo's ,some are looking for mad money but there are some there offering bundles for decent prices....t'is a buyers market these days,everyone wants a sale! .... fookin chuffed for ya been set back up man!! :D

yeah i'll have a gander alright, bought a few from discogs already coupla weeks back, 'kee mo - visions' also has 'the mooger' on it, 'marine boy - fluid' and 'gary d & martink - monoliner ep'. got em for cheap enough to was chuffed when i came across em, have a good seller from germany for the trance as well so happy days :)

Back now G and with a little present for all!! Just got Crowd Control Vol. 1 sent to me earlier today. Hope it will somewhat help ease the pain in todays depressing climate. Send me a PM and i'll happily send her on!!

germulhall wrote: »
    Back now G and with a little present for all!! Just got Crowd Control Vol. 1 sent to me earlier today. Hope it will somewhat help ease the pain in todays depressing climate. Send me a PM and i'll happily send her on!!

nice1 ger, sent ya pm there mate :)

nice1 ger, sent ya pm there mate :)

Just sent it on there to ya Sean my friend!! Hope ya got it safe and sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    But I could list nearly 100 tracks from The Olympic which are all brilliant. .

In your own time seany;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement