Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

aceberg wrote: »
    1.Triangle - Sweet Harmony
    2.Deep Creed - Warrior's Dance (remixes)
    3.Astronuts - The Nasa EP Voyager
    ah nice 1 ace, was just about to do a 15min vid of the mix on youtube and post it, love that 2nd track, been lookin for that for yrs,thanks man

sorry i got that wrong.its the 3rd track i been lookin for, nice 1. dont suppose u know tracks at 15min and 18mins, gona look to see if i can buy or get a good bitrate track of that nasa ep, version on youtube aint great,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

sorry i got that wrong.its the 3rd track i been lookin for, nice 1. dont suppose u know tracks at 15min and 18mins, gona look to see if i can buy or get a good bitrate track of that nasa ep, version on youtube aint great,

The 1 at 18 is HARDBAG - CEASEFIRE

Quality track love it.

• Advertisement

been lookin for that remix for fookin yrs.same remix it just had a vocal in it saying daruta.had it on a very old tape.which i found on the street yrs ago, it said dance mix on it.so i brought it home.no wonder i cudnt find that mix coz its unknown. nice 1

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Not heard this in years...quality tooon..

check yer man out @5.33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

The 1 at 18 is HARDBAG - CEASEFIRE

Quality track love it.

love it meself man, great track :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Some of you may have heard this one before , but here it is again, cracking set from Aphex Twin himself Mr Richard David James (an Irishman no less)

Aphex Twin Live @ Avalon in Boston - September 8, 1997
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mznkzmfzyie

250px-Aphex_Twin_2.jpg

N-Joi :D

Excellent, nice one. Have you seen this gig from 1993? - Credited as being Dublin but don't think it is... unreal though, seriously bangin stuff in his early days, dark as fck.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32qpd_aphex-twin-live-1993_music

Any Boardsies got the longer '98 version of this??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Thats the same footage thats on the primetime programme aint it.

It is Ace but there was only snippets on that show, i retreived the entire stock of the footage that was taken on that night & made the very viideo in question, someone only upped 10mins of it to youtube, heres the entire original i made which was my very first post on Boards no less,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=55676062&postcount=2401

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Remember reading this a few years back and came across it again tonight while surfing ....made me think of all you peeps that keep this thread alive today....we have used to thread to talk about the scene and the tunes n the DJ's and the memories, we've shared all of the above,well on reading this again tonight I felt it was high time to say a heartfelt thanks to you all for "never losing your hardcore" each and everyone of you have played your part in keeping the vibe alive....take a bow! Rgds G

Ravers Manifesto

Our emotional state of choice is Ecstasy. Our nourishment of choice is Love. Our addiction of choice is technology. Our religion of choice is music. Our currency of choice is knowledge. Our politics of choice is none. Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be. You may hate us. You may dismiss us. You may misunderstand us. You may be unaware of our existence. We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you. We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naive children. We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself. We are The Massive. One Massive.

We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother’s heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring. We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it, we came to accept that we are all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal. And somewhere around 35Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world. It is in that very instant, with these initial realizations that each of us was truly born.

We continue to pack our bodies into clubs, or warehouses, or buildings you’ve abandoned and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. Strong, throbbing, vibrant life in it’s purest, most intense, most hedonistic form. In these makeshift spaces, we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us. We seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselves from the shackles and restraints you’ve put on us for your own peace of mind. We seek to re-write the programming that you have tried to indoctrinate us with since the moment we were born. Programming that tells us to hate, that tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenient pigeon hole possible. Programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops, and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. Programming that tells us to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourish ourselves with our own capable hands. Programming that tells us to close our minds, instead of open them.

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you’ve created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

Our enemy of choice is ignorance. Our weapon of choice is information. Our crime of choice is breaking and challenging whatever laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celebrating our existence. But know that while you may shut down any given party, on any given night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can never shut down the entire party. You don’t have access to that switch, no matter what you may think. The music will never stop. The heartbeat will never fade. The party will never end.

I am a raver, and this is my manifesto

Dont answer their questions,question their answers! Keep on keeping on,slave to the rave,rave to the grave!! :)</B></I></EM></STRONG></U>

Dont suppose you know who the author was G?

I googled the first paragraph & it pops up all over the web without reference to the origin:( Loved it immensley, really articulates a lot of how i would feel about the ASYLUM except i would omit God pushing me in the back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

.........and on that note , it's now time for me to go collect my offspring for another day of been reminded of just how young I aint!!!! :D

Laters chaps!!!

Love the B side of that. the Mozart track. Animal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

es-cee wrote: »
    thanks for the mention there G, appreciate your kind words mate :)

it'll be wurthers and horlics for me soon enough as well man lol, big 28 tomorrow lol, were does the time go.

You're only 28? :eek: yet you made it into The Asylum? Jaysus man, well done. At 16 I had to sneak into Sides by pretending I was going to an under 18's gig. Got in for free and all (unintentionally - walked straight past the pay hatch and was suddenly on the dance floor. "Where do I pay" says I. "STFU" shouts me mate. ha ha.

Anywho, Happy Birthday man. 33 meself next month and can't f'n believe it.:mad::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Right, Was handed a tape last week titled Mad Sound Disease.

Its a Demo Tape that was sent to 2fm back in 1993 - 02/04/93 to be exact.

9 tracks in total.

1.This is in
    2.Count to Ten
    3.A step inside
    4.Missing in words
    5.(remix) This is in
    6.Escape remix
    7.Green remix
    8.In your hands
    9.three minutes to go

I will try and convert it later or during the week,depends what the work flow is like :)

Edit : does anyone know the tracks or know if its any good?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Dont suppose you know who the author was G?

I googled the first paragraph & it pops up all over the web without reference to the origin:( Loved it immensley, really articulates a lot of how i would feel about the ASYLUM except i would omit God pushing me in the back.

Nah man, after i posted it I went on the hunt too (googles your only man lol) and saw it pop up all over the shop, it's credited as "author unknown" or "anonymous".I seen it a few years ago and cant think for the life of me where:confused: but i had copied and pasted it into a self addressed email to keep it, i was tidying up my email account the other night and came across it and thought i'd stick it up here....funny thing is as i was reading it it conjured up Mark Kav for some reason and that had me thinking was it him that wrote it,then Caf posted the mags and it got me thinking had i read it in one of his columns...i've no idea,but like yourself m8 i thought it was a beautiful read ....of course ,without the hand of god!!! :D we all know "God is a DJ" lol ....nonetheless a nice read! There's also another "Ravers Manifesto" i discovered the other night but doesnt catch the sentiment quite as well as this one.

Written by DJ Karma Sutra of Seattle known in the grand aul USofA as "the god of rave" :rolleyes: (dontcha just love their superiority ego's)

Raver's Epitath, The New Raver Manifesto

[SIZE=+0]We are Ravers.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]Not the best of happy, cheerful, Drug-enduced ravers that the world has stereotyped, lining our world with translucent and irridescant colors to illuminate our irreality that supposedly flows in our glow stick infused blood streams, downing energy drinks to fuel our manic movements across the dance floor. We are human, as well as ravers. We bleed and bruise, sing and dance, and play at being people while the rest of the world mulls about the world, succeeding in their personal suicide, while we welcome the whim of accepting the defeat of the common week, taking part of the normal ritualistic society created on the hell bent repetative monitary system, with a government who's selfish interest creates more problems before fixing the old, causing more pain and tourment.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]

[SIZE=+0]We believe in PLUR. Peace, Love, Unity, and Respect. We believe that if the world held these values in retrospect, that the world we live in would truely be a better place. Our delusion is time and time again proved by the sound flowing out the speakers as we revel in our moon-lit festivals every weekend to every day.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]

[SIZE=+0]We are noctournal, enjoying every ravinous sunless fleck of time, minute to minute, second to second, beat to beat, ear-drinking in the lilting and savage primal sounds that flow from our favorite music makers, the Disk Jockeys that save us from inner tourment.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]

[SIZE=+0]We become fuel.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]We become power.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]We become Energy.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]We become sound.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]We become PLUR.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]We are existance.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]And we create a world where the universe can join and co-exist.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+0]I am a Raver.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]Not a junkie, not a whore, not a drug-user, not a pusher, not a seller.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]I am a Raver.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]I am a person of intelligence, intellect, passion, and knowledge.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]I learn, I breath, I exist.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]I am not fake.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]
    [SIZE=+0]I am not dead.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+0]

[SIZE=+0]I am a Raver, and proud to be one.[/SIZE]
    Not a patch on the original "unknown authors" Manifesto!!
    [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

OK boardie's time to bring it down a notch and gather round the man of the day ......step up EsCee :D (still partying hard or sleeping at this point in time??)

ok ,everybody on the count of 3 ......1 ,2 , 3....

Happy Birthday buddy ......have a belter!!! the oldskool salutes ya :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

SteoL wrote: »
    You're only 28? :eek: yet you made it into The Asylum? Jaysus man, well done. At 16 I had to sneak into Sides by pretending I was going to an under 18's gig. Got in for free and all (unintentionally - walked straight past the pay hatch and was suddenly on the dance floor. "Where do I pay" says I. "STFU" shouts me mate. ha ha.

Anywho, Happy Birthday man. 33 meself next month and can't f'n believe it.:mad::rolleyes:

was about 12/13 at the time, and supposed to be baby sat by me older cousin who me ma and da didnt know at the time was on smack lol, anyway long story short, she needed her medication and decided to drag me into the place and give me half a pill. was soon thrown back out onto sackville place to spend the next few hours out of me head surrounded by a load of homeless cu.nts. not a great place and state to be in at that age as ya can imagine, but don't regret it now as nothin happened me.
    cheers for the bday wish mate ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Leftfield live at the picnic !

http://plus2.info/elpis/ipod.htm

:D

Excellent, nice one. Have you seen this gig from 1993? - Credited as being Dublin but don't think it is... unreal though, seriously bangin stuff in his early days, dark as fck.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32qpd_aphex-twin-live-1993_music

:D Deadly watch that ScubaD , nice 1 , lol i couldnt make out if he was building a spliff,chopping coke,twiddling with knobs or falling asleep !!! ,something tells me he's fond of the aul acieeed or two he looked like he was in a trance throughout it!
    I'm with you on thinking that aint Dublin , for starters the dancers looked & moved a little too "European"

any1 id these tracks? tracks at 6 mins and the very last 1 at 14:37
    and this

and this

Dunno first,second is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

and this
    HOWYA HOLY DAT LAS TUNE IS ON FRANKFURT BEATS I HAV IT ON VINYL IF U PM ME YOUR NUMBER U CAN HAV IF U WANT I DONT LIKE IT LET US KNW ....:) ITS CARDIAC INFRACTION FLYIN BA DA DA...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement