Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Kev k

does anybody no the name of the 5th or 6th tune in Mark kavanagh - last night of the ormonde? its a mans voice saying " good evening folks...(not sure what this says)..nd ive a tune thats got so much rhythem in it that i may have 2 dance part of it(sounds something like that:P..and does anybody know if The M experience - Rock your body (mark kavanagh and allen pullen mix) was released on record?

• Advertisement

Kev k wrote: »
    does anybody no the name of the 5th or 6th tune in Mark kavanagh - last night of the ormonde? its a mans voice saying " good evening folks...(not sure what this says)..nd ive a tune thats got so much rhythem in it that i may have 2 dance part of it(sounds something like that:P..and does anybody know if The M experience - Rock your body (mark kavanagh and allen pullen mix) was released on record?
    upload a sample or the mix so ppl can have a listen n see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Good call there Kev , liked M Kavs remix alright (see below) but still think the original was better.As for it been released on vinyl, i dunno m8 but it's not listed on discogs anyway.

:D Nice giving this a listen again after all these years!!

upload a sample or the mix so ppl can have a listen n see

This is the one he's on about Holy (full set)......it's on the tip of me fookin tongue!!! :confused: can hear it now :o...going to have a listen to it now too

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmqmdmzeamn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

5th tune - global bassline - bassline beat

6th tune - dastrix - aquarius

:D:D

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »

:o The shame ............. i've got both on vinyl!!!

lol as it was in school is now in oldskool ....... my report should read "needs to study harder" :D

On MD Records ....

On Redparrot recordings...

'kin tunes !!! :D

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :o The shame ............. i've got both on vinyl!!!

lol as it was in school is now in oldskool ....... my report should read "needs to study harder" :D

D- has all the potential in the world but lacks necessary motivation:p

yeah 2 killer tunes man, any chance of ripping dastrix for me? all i have is asmelly 128kbps:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

:o lol as it was in school is now in oldskool ....... my report should read "needs to study harder" :D

As it was in school,

Teacher on report: He seems distant, like his mind is somwhere else.

In my head during class: Where i was at :D

yeah 2 killer tunes man, any chance of ripping dastrix for me? all i have is asmelly 128kbps:(

I'll need to make a trip into Maplin's for some cables (RCA to USB) as the only ones i have (well ,that i have access to) are ....offsite ;) ,I should be in around town this weekend so i'll pop in then.

LADS IM CHASIN AN ID OFF THIS TAPE ITS THE VERY LAST TUNE ED CASE PLAYS BEFORE PARSLEY STARTS OFF WITH ANGEL 5 SIGMA E.P. SOUNDS LIKE THERE SAYIN OVER THE SIDE IN THIS TUNE?? THE TAPE STARTS OFF WITH GOD THEN BITS N PIECES.....NICE 1 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

This is the tune Rocky's talkin' bout...

http://soundcloud.com/sgtbilko77/tune-id

:o In fairness, i have the motivation ........just lousy time management :( always something/someone/somewhere else taking up my time.

I'll knuckle down to some study soon lol :D .....and some practical!!

I'll need to make a trip into Maplin's for some cables (RCA to USB) as the only ones i have (well ,that i have access to) are ....offsite ;) ,I should be in around town this weekend so i'll pop in then.

RCA to USB for ripping vinyl:confused:

You would only really be going down that route if yoou were looking to import video into yer PC G,

All you need is your audio RCA to 3.5mm jack going from mixer out to line in on PC which you can pick up for abou €2 in power city,

image(2535).jpg&t=1

were bouts is maplans in town lad?

........just lousy time management :( always something/someone/somewhere else taking up my time.
    !!

No time for revolution eh G :p:pac:

The revolution will not be televised, the revolution will be live! ;)

• Advertisement

As it was in school,

Teacher on report: He seems distant, like his mind is somwhere else.

In my head during class: Where i was at :D

For me,daydreaming in my school daze, it was more like .......

......and i dont mean dreaming of been black n working in a corner shop :D thats the dream these days....:rolleyes:oh to have a job!!

Central Bank on a Saturday :o

Central Bank on a Saturday :o

Ahh ye, time to be goin in breakdancing but not...............;):D

No time for revolution eh G :p:pac:

The revolution will not be televised, the revolution will be live! ;)

Always time for the revolution m8 just hope the revolution gives me enough notice !!!

Ahh ye, time to be goin in breakdancing but not...............;):D

I didn't breakdance m8 I body popped!!! :cool: a b-boy standing in my b-boy stance! Yo! :cool:

Always time for the revolution m8 just hope the revolution gives me enough notice !!!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69299297&postcount=11340

A Fortnight perhaps in advance of any guerrilla manoeuvres in future G :p

RCA to USB for ripping vinyl:confused:

You would only really be going down that route if yoou were looking to import video into yer PC G,

All you need is your audio RCA to 3.5mm jack going from mixer out to line in on PC which you can pick up for abou €2 in power city,

image(2535).jpg&t=1

I got one of them during summer as thats what i was told i needed,actually paid £6.99 for one in UK,anyway it didnt work!!!:mad: so it's sat in a drawer in sheffield doing nothing...then i was told to get an RCA to USB cable as "thats what i shoulda been told i needed" ....anyway,anytime i've wanted something converted (or more rather tunes Natz wanted converted from vinyl,her bro uses what looks like an RCA to USB cable going from his mixer to a usb slot on his laptop.....another alternative i was offered was a ion usb turntable...but i dont know what they turn out like.......any idea?

were bouts is maplans in town lad?

Coming from O'Connell street,walk up mary street past jervis and pennys,turn right,its on the left about half way up that street.

I got one of them during summer as thats what i was told i needed,actually paid £6.99 for one in UK,anyway it didnt work!!!:mad: so it's sat in a drawer in sheffield doing nothing...then i was told to get an RCA to USB cable as "thats what i shoulda been told i needed" ....anyway,anytime i've wanted something converted (or more rather tunes Natz wanted converted from vinyl,her bro uses what looks like an RCA to USB cable going from his mixer to a usb slot on his laptop.....another alternative i was offered was a ion usb turntable...but i dont know what they turn out like.......any idea?

G i told ya how to do it ages ago mate, is it not just a case of elsctronics phobia???? :D

• Advertisement

NNot sure why i didnt work for ya G but dont go splashing out unesscessary funds on new gear, most likeley it was the controls on your PC volume levels i would imagine that caused the trouble or a duff cable.

Trust me G, get yerself a €2 cable from powercity & set it up, i converted all my tapes this way & it just needs tweaking of the volume levels to get it right.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement