Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Raftor!

Link fixed, lol:

dublinclassics.net

Can you dl from there?

Oh and if anybody has a 320 for the air tattoo mix of punchella san tracisco i would be forever in your debt cannot find it anywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Link fixed, lol:

dublinclassics.net

You can't actually download anything from the site can you?

Plus a good few artist names/track tittles seemed to be spelled wrong.
    "13th Floor Elevators" "tecknokrath" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Just calling on you all again with my lefty aims:D
    PROTEST
    [FONT=Book Antiqua,Book Antiqua][FONT=Book Antiqua,Book Antiqua]

[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
    Wednesday 15[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]th [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Dec
    Outside
    Dáil Eireann
    6 P.M.
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua,Book Antiqua][FONT=Book Antiqua,Book Antiqua]

[/FONT][/FONT]
    OPPOSE THE I.M.F.
    SELL OUT
    CALL UP YOUR LOCAL
    T.D. TO VOTE NO!
    We can default; understand how money is created on the link below.

Fractional reserve lending
    [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
    Supported by
    [/FONT][/FONT]
    / T.U.I. / T.E.E.U. / UNITE / I.N.T.O. / P.B.P.A. / U.L.A. /

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 oldskooltunes

tdv123 wrote: »

Yeah you can download by right-clicking on the flash player that plays the songs. This is explained a bit more in the about section.

But yeah, feel free to just listen if you dont wanna dload

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

tdv123 wrote: »

wouldn't let me dl anything either, kept gettin an error mesage, which makes me wonder about the quality of the tunes tbh. most likely low bitrate mp3s that are useless on everythin bar your ipod.
    also about the "rare classics", i'm lookin for a properly rare track in a post above, any ideas were to get a 320 mp3 or wav of that by any chance since ya's deal in rarities?

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    wouldn't let me dl anything either, kept gettin an error mesage, which makes me wonder about the quality of the tunes tbh. most likely low bitrate mp3s that are useless on everythin bar your ipod.
    also about the "rare classics", i'm lookin for a properly rare track in a post above, any ideas were to get a 320 mp3 or wav of that by any chance since ya's deal in rarities?

I'm working on a fix for the download thing, sorry about that.

Thanks for the feedback dude, I normally would've copped it...

Most of the d'loads are 128 - 320 kbps.
    Some of the songs are ripped from vinyl though so that affects their quality...

Again, I'll keepyou posted about the dloading thing...

Okay people, after a few tweaks and modifications, everything seems to be running smoothly. I fixed the download issue. You no longer have to right click on a track. Just download the text files with all the URLs contained in them, and you'll be fine.

Let me know what you think. Do I need to fix something badly with this site?

Here's the link:

www.dublinclassics.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Okay people, after a few tweaks and modifications, everything seems to be running smoothly. I fixed the download issue. You no longer have to right click on a track. Just download the text files with all the URLs contained in them, and you'll be fine.

Here's the link:

www.dublinclassics.net

Fair Play Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

not a great selection of tracks there really,its the rare tracks that ya really want, i think the lot are on mediafire

• Advertisement

have this on vinyl, perfecto label double ep. love the casa de angelus mix, fcukin classic!;)

not a great selection of tracks there

Yeah but you have to at least like ONE of the songs listed there. If that's the case, my work has been done.

Don't forget, when it comes to oldskool / Asylum / Sides classics, there is too many tracks to choose from. With the site, I picked the ones relevent to me.

f_uck anyone else who wants the whole lot there, cause it's not going to happen. That costs money to host, plus is pisses people off because everyone's musical tastes are different....

I got this line from people before:
    'These songs are not hard to find'

Does it matter? A song is a song. It is not a good song just because you hunted it down on a hundred underground oldskool sites....
    (Well maybe the song is good, but just because of the 'exclusive' nature of it, it doesn't make it MORE special than any other tune)

There is no ONE tune to rule them all, well hyperlogic - only me is a rare exception: (mediafire)
    3r4e3957122do4d

Peeece

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Yeah but you have to at least like ONE of the songs listed there. If that's the case, my work has been done.

Don't forget, when it comes to oldskool / Asylum / Sides classics, there is too many tracks to choose from. With the site, I picked the ones relevent to me.

f_uck anyone else who wants the whole lot there, cause it's not going to happen. That costs money to host, plus is pisses people off because everyone's musical tastes are different....

Does it matter? A song is a song. It is not a good song just because you hunted it down on a hundred underground oldskool sites....
    (Well maybe the song is good, but just because of the 'exclusive' nature of it, it doesn't make is MORE special than any other tune)

There is no ONE tune to rule them all, well hyperlogic - only me is a rare exception.

Peeece

I for one appreciate what you are trying to do mate but you got to offer people more if you want to stand out.

There's a ton of sites out there like your one that have basically the same selection of songs.

I mean "ton di bart" "baby D" "n-trance" etc... are big huge well known commercial dance tunes overall Europe. There not exactly rare hard to find asylum classics mate.

But I think I got close to showcasing to PPL how well up I am on my knowledge of this little 'scene' / bubble we find ourselves in on B.IE

(Well maybe the song is good, but just because of the 'exclusive' nature of it, it doesn't make is MORE special than any other tune)

There is no ONE tune to rule them all, well hyperlogic - only me is a rare exception.

Peeece

just out of interest mate, have ya got the means to get other tunes for people or is it just the list? i'd be very interested in underground hard trance from the asylum era meself more than house or whatever if you can aquire them handy enough?

just out of interest mate, have ya got the means to get other tunes for people or is it just the list? i'd be very interested in underground hard trance from the asylum era meself more than house or whatever if you can aquire them handy enough?

If it's been released on vinyl or CD, it also exists in MP3 format somewhere on the vastness of the net my friend (probably on a dormant FTP server). This I know to be true, because I continue to come across tracks I convinced myself did not exist.

On the subject of that list - "There's a ton of sites out there like my one", apparently, so I hope that's true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Raftor!

ANybody happen to have a 320 of Le Voile Le Soleil?

Or the instrumenal mix of spqr unlimited dreams, was realesed on the ep but is impossible to find

If it's been released on vinyl or CD, it also exists in MP3 format somewhere on the vastness of the net my friend (probably on a dormant FTP server). This I know to be true, because I continue to come across tracks I convinced myself did not exist.

On the subject of that list - "There's a ton of sites out there like my one", apparently. And yes I'm glad it's true...

there was an FTP server set up by one of the lads on here ages ago, think it crashed or was taken down??? dunno but it was pretty god damn good while it lasted anyway.
    i've done some extensive searchin for stuff meself and came up trumps with alot but some tunes aint out there, infact some people don't even like sharin track names let alone copies of their beloved "babies" which is just sad IMHO!!! swear some tracks were made exclusively for them and no1 else.
    anyway mate thanks for sharin what ya've got, we could do with more like ya around, especially with oldskool hard trance, cheers:)

there was an FTP server set up by one of the lads on here ages ago, think it crashed or was taken down??? dunno but it was pretty god damn good while it lasted anyway.
    i've done some extensive searchin for stuff meself and came up trumps with alot but some tunes aint out there, infact some people don't even like sharin track names let alone copies of their beloved "babies" which is just sad IMHO!!! swear some tracks were made exclusively for them and no1 else.
    anyway mate thanks for sharin what ya've got, we could do with more like ya around, especially with oldskool hard trance, cheers:)

I loved goin' out every week hearin' new tunes and asking about 'WTF is that tune called'.Certain amount of mystery attached..
    Some Dj's used cover up centre of the vinyl so no one could sneak a peak at Id!!
    I don't mind them keepin' tune Id's to themselves tbh...Just tell me!
    I'm goin' Rare-track hunting in new year and will deffo be posting any old-vinyl purchaces:D

(Well maybe the song is good, but just because of the 'exclusive' nature of it, it doesn't make it MORE special than any other tune)

There is no ONE tune to rule them all, well hyperlogic - only me is a rare exception: (mediafire)
    3r4e3957122do4d

Peeece
    well that put me in my place lol

• Advertisement

hangon, i cant hear the difference, the 1st 1 is the mix 1,anyway.. great track

its on one of the trance mixes i did that i gave you a while back, think its labelled oldskool mix or oldskool mix 1, was the 1st one i recorded this year anyway lol. love it with a bit more tempo up around the 140 mark its a pumper! did i not give you all the rips from that mix???

hangon, i cant hear the difference, the 1st 1 is the mix 1,anyway.. great track

i know lol, there the same track was just lettin ya know what mix it was haha.:D

Off one of the SFX mix's

And to quote a YT post 'This is a masterpiece, future techno robot music on mushrooms... evergreen classic'

its on one of the trance mixes i did that i gave you a while back, think its labelled oldskool mix or oldskool mix 1, was the 1st one i recorded this year anyway lol. love it with a bit more tempo up around the 140 mark its a pumper! did i not give you all the rips from that mix???
    oh u did, had 2 go 2 me messages there 2 check, forgot to have a propa look at them,im very lazy these days, nice 1

Super tune..One that takes you somewhere else for ten mins...

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Super tune..One that takes you somewhere else for ten mins...

yes it took me to yt for a few min as the embeddin is turned of lol:D

great track tho mate was worth the trip lol:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Here's the link:

www.dublinclassics.net

Credit where it's due , fair play t'ya m8, you took the jesting in good form and you corrected the errors and even tweeked things abit after some "constructive" criticism , ok so alot of the tracks are well known but i tip me cap to ya for doing something more constructive than copying & pasting YT links into a forum to keep the vibe alive. :D

It's a shame but it's true ,as Irish,we have an ingrained ability (or defect) to slate rather than support when one of our own tries anything,be it sport,music,acting or whatever.

...........and on that note (also in doing my bit for the movement ;))

Our very own ............

:D \o/ \o/ Foooookin Tune \o/ \o/ :D

• Advertisement

what mix of jx son of a gun is on gradiation does any1 know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement