Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    any1 wanna have a go at a trackilst on this one, theres a few in there every1 knows but theres a few i dont tbh. already asked keno himself and bein the very helpfull bloke he is told me i that should know them all :confused: anyway, if ya's wanna have a go its a pretty stompin mix of house and trance from around late 90s up till 04.

cheers, es.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e79b66h2v3h45wn

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there Es? lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there Es? lol :D

;):p:D

not for house n trance mate, know alot of em but ace is the main man for those kinda ID's. hardcore n jungley darkness would be more my end lol

Yeah man, ace is quick off the mark with the ID's too , tdv is tops for ID's too but insists on vocals (he must have a secret source for id'ing tunes from some lyrics lol ) :rolleyes: , as for me, if i can recall the tune i'm happy lol "ye know the one that goes duff duff whoomp whoomp der der der der der der" :o ..... or the penny drops waaaaay after one of the aforementioned have enlightened the seeker and there it is sat in a box all along! oh the shame!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 123MEE

What was the version played in Sides of .......in the beginning there was jack and jack had a groove....... 1992ish

;):p:D

Speaking of Kens ...... have ya had a browse through this lot? some cracking tunes up for grabs!!
    http://www.adverts.ie/324022

Just consult with me before ya buy lol

...........just wondering now ,maybe i shouldn't be sharing this info till i've grabbed all the ones i want lol :o

• Advertisement

Speaking of Kens ...... have ya had a browse through this lot? some cracking tunes up for grabs!!
    http://www.adverts.ie/324022

Just consult with me before ya buy lol

...........just wondering now ,maybe i shouldn't be sharing this info till i've grabbed all the ones i want lol :o

wont be doin anymore vinyl shoppin meself till after crimbo man, wanna get traktor setup 1st. nice list of tunes tho :)

heres MK's set from that night, tracklist as well if ya's wanna put one together please :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?2a545vaj4toc0l9

any1 wanna have a go at a trackilst on this one, theres a few in there every1 knows but theres a few i dont tbh. already asked keno himself and bein the very helpfull bloke he is told me i that should know them all :confused: anyway, if ya's wanna have a go its a pretty stompin mix of house and trance from around late 90s up till 04.

cheers, es.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e79b66h2v3h45wn

Given that i'm usually ****e at this game lol and its 01.45am .....

From the start I recognized alot of them but couldnt tell ya the names of them
    but
    From 52mins in ....

Natural Born Grooves - Groovebird (Baby Doc remix)
    Sunglasses Ron - Feel the beat (Tall Paul )
    ???? memory blank....and i have it on vinyl ....somewhere lol:o
    Groovezone - Eisbaer (Freeez mix)??
    Vigo - to be house (Vigo reconstruction mix)
    ???? know the tune but cant name it lol :o:o
    Elevator - Shinny
    ???? as per above :o:o:o

Thats my contribution........or lack there of lol

:D

wont be doin anymore vinyl shoppin meself till after crimbo man, wanna get traktor setup 1st. nice list of tunes tho :)

:( I know the feeling m8 , wont be buying anything of worth till after the pudding!!! I'm considering applying for a job in McD's .... my polish is improving and these sunbed seasons are given me a nice tan so i'm covered on two fronts!!! "can i take order please" :D ah no but seriously , i need to start earning some tax soon.....

....suppose worst comes to the worst ,could always gel me hair down flat,throw on a trackie top over a ben sherman shirt,pair of levi's n kickers n stand over by the local centra tapping for odds with the rest of the 'mopeds'...
    "here bud would ya have 50 cent for me busfare,i wooden ask only for i need t'go down d'clinic for me meds y'now so i dont get sick yeh,im trying t'get clean ......"
    .....works for all the gear heads up our way,they've the best of everything on them!!! :D

Given that i'm usually ****e at this game lol and its 01.45am .....

From the start I recognized alot of them but couldnt tell ya the names of them
    but
    From 52mins in ....

Natural Born Grooves - Groovebird (Baby Doc remix)
    Sunglasses Ron - Feel the beat (Tall Paul )
    ???? memory blank....and i have it on vinyl ....somewhere lol:o
    Groovezone - Eisbaer (Freeez mix)??
    Vigo - to be house (Vigo reconstruction mix)
    ???? know the tune but cant name it lol :o:o
    Elevator - Shinny
    ???? as per above :o:o:o

Thats my contribution........or lack there of lol

ok this is wha i can contribute

1. ??????????
    2. david h - passion (pure seduction mix)
    3. ??????????
    4. some remix of joe inferno????
    5. ?????????
    6. ?????????
    7. mauro picotto - its like this its like that
    8. phi phi & greg d - l'odysseys of love ep
    9. i know this one well, fukkin memory loss lol
    10. groovebird (baby blue remix)
    11. sunglasses ron
    12. baby blue - child
    13. Groovezone - Eisbaer (extended mix)
    14. Vigo - to be house (Vigo reconstruction mix)
    15. trancewave 1
    16. Elevator - Shinny
    17. ?????????

• Advertisement

What would ya be wanting with that? I've a hefty aul Massey Ferguson there out in the yard ye can use :D

I'm obviously either too old fashioned or too clueless but a guy in adverts was trying to flog me "time coded vinyls" ......time coded vinyl thingy's are like DJ Marcel Marceau is in da house!! ..... atleast thats what it looks liek to me from what ive seen of it .....check this little gimp out por exampla

WTF is he doing to the pitches? and whats with the €120 technics RP DH1200's round his neck? (suppose he got them from the money saved buying fookin gemini decks n no fookin vinyl lol) just looks like an elaborate hoax .... i'm starting my son off on DJ Hero for the PS3

Guess its true , ya cant teach an old dog new tricks :p

I've no idea what traktor is or wheter its the same scenario as seratto or what , fook it , gimme a **** load of back breaking vinyl and 2 heavy as fook decks and i'm happy to spend eternity trying to master all the tricks that these new computer aided devices can do lol ..... or atleast beatmatch :o lol

"Bah Technology" :mad:

Wonder how many of todays "superstar" DJ's would fare out going back to basics? :rolleyes:

1. ??????????
    3. ??????????
    5. ?????????
    6. ?????????
    11. sunglasses ron
    12. baby blue - child
    15. trancewave 1
    16. Elevator - Shinny
    17. ?????????

:o Baby Doc mix lmao the utter shame......i have it there too lol I seriously need to get some cod liver oil or something for the aul braincells lol..... fookin jump leads!!!

:o Baby Doc mix lmao the utter shame......i have it there too lol I seriously need to get some cod liver oil or something for the aul braincells lol..... fookin jump leads!!!

:D i know the feelin G, too many narcs and not enough braincells left haha :pac:

:D i know the feelin G, too many narcs and not enough braincells left haha :pac:

lol suppose some sleep would help too lol :o i'm up in 3 hours lol

Right m8 .....going to get the head down..... take it handy ........going to start callin ya DJ Farmer with yar Traktor :p lol

I'll have a listen to the Mark K mix and post up my list of "?"'s lol

Laters .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

1. ??????????
    3. ??????????
    5. ?????????
    6. ?????????
    11. sunglasses ron
    12. baby blue - child
    15. trancewave 1
    16. Elevator - Shinny
    17. ?????????

1. Is "Elli Mac - Celebrate (Tall Paul Mix)"
    9. Is "Billie - Because We Want To (Tall Paul Mix)"
    17. Is "Sunscreem - Pressure Us"
    4. deffo sounds like updated mix of Tribal Chruch
    3. sounds like a remix of vengaboys tune (i know :confused:)

Heres what i got for the kavangh mix

1.??? either somthing by steve thomas or a b-side on "Do Not Bend records"
    2.Floorshow - Don't Hold Back
    3.Hyperlogic - Only Me some updated mix of it.
    4.Knuckleheadz - Up Front
    5.Knuckleheadz - House Rocca (F1 Mix)
    6.Phlash! - Get A Life (Frantic Theme)
    7.Cortina - Higher (BK Mix)
    8.Mix Factory - Take Me Away
    9.Proud & Mary - Midijump
    10.?
    11.?
    12.OD404 - Let Me Tell You Something
    13.M-Experience - Rock Your Body
    14.Paul King - Odyssey Part 2
    15.Gonzalo - Attitude 2001 (Mark Kavanagh Baby Doll Mix) Sounds like something else is mixed over the top of it
    16.Age Of Love - Age Of Love (Tony De Vit Mix)

Att: Es Cee .................and whoever else wants them,:D

Dastrix - Aquarius
    http://www.mediafire.com/?enlx886x44adxkf

DJ Quicksilver - I have a dream (de donatis mix)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?s2xpl979is3jpg9

Svenson & the dentist - Jacobs Ladder (BZ Cong)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ys44zae2cwn24gq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i know its a vague long shot but someone might know the track im talking about.
    copeyhagen wrote: »
    no, but it used to be on the kiss fm ads for the temple theatre oldskool nights, where they used to play a sample from a few tracks!

Heres a tape i converted that was recorded off the radio back around the time of the temple theatre, ads from the station at 22:20, is this the track your after as it is similar in your description with a bouncy beat & a spin back,

http://www.4shared.com/audio/BlkwX0Ek/temple_theatre_tape_SIDE_A.html

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

• Advertisement

any1 got a decent rip mp3 or wav of knuckleheadz - house rocca (f1 mix) they could up please?

tdv123 wrote: »
    3. sounds like a remix of vengaboys tune (i know :confused:)

well i'll tell ya what man, just listenin to this tune now meself and it SUXXX tbh!!!! and if it is a vengaboys tune he deserves stick for playin that sh1t at a temple gig :p

sgtbilko01 wrote: »

have this in 320kbps mp3 from the rave mission albums if any1 wants it?

good post man, top tune :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

well i'll tell ya what man, just listenin to this tune now meself and it SUXXX tbh!!!! and if it is a vengaboys tune he deserves stick for playin that sh1t at a temple gig :p

haven't listened to the mix to see if this is what's really going down but Positiva used to send out unlabelled promos to Djs to see what the reaction was to the tune itself, rather than the name of the Dj/act etc. I know some the Vengaboys promos came out this way (as I was on the mailing list) but to me, you'd spot shoyte like that a million miles away.......I'll check later the mix later for the craic!

haven't listened to the mix to see if this is what's really going down but Positiva used to send out unlabelled promos to Djs to see what the reaction was to the tune itself, rather than the name of the Dj/act etc. I know some the Vengaboys promos came out this way (as I was on the mailing list) but to me, you'd spot shoyte like that a million miles away.......I'll check later the mix later for the craic!

good man, its bit on the cheesey side but has no vocals so it aint 'extra mature cheddar' but its still not one i'd want to own on vinyl never mind play out live lol. cheers man, maybe ya can fill in the couple of blanks we have too, cheers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

have this in 320kbps mp3 from the rave mission albums if any1 wants it?

good post man, top tune :)

Ye,sound ess,send it on mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 oldskooltunes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Heres a tape i converted that was recorded off the radio back around the time of the temple theatre, ads from the station at 22:20, is this the track your after as it is similar in your description with a bouncy beat & a spin back,

http://www.4shared.com/audio/BlkwX0Ek/temple_theatre_tape_SIDE_A.html

jesus fair play man, im downloading now. ill reply back..cheers

rob

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Ye,sound ess,send it on mate!

will do mate, just need to up it, give me a few minutes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

it inat on any of them ads man, the ad it was on was the ad for the old skool nights. i have about 40 tapes here off kiss fm recordings from around the same time.

fook it might have a listen to a few if i can find a tape deck at home!!

cheers anyways, the hunt continues.

jesus, i could probably play it on a keyboard, its only like 3 different notes then im 90% sure its not a spinback, its someone rubbin the length of a piano in a roll like!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement