Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

germulhall wrote: »
    For sure Bilko!! This would get anyone going!!

is it ok if i say i don't like it? hide.giffoxes_241.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

oldskool hardcore all the way. went through a phase of buyin tunes from 92-93 a few years back. no decks anymore though :(
    foul play - finest illusion (illegal mix)

dj seduction - djs unite vol 2

dj seduction - come on

zero b - lock up

cloud 9 - back to detroit ep, gonna be alright

acen - trip ii the moon part 1

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Imo if the music of the last 10 years odd was a food i would say it was stale..
    It just seems to me to be missing something..It's all prim and proper.The old stuff had very little profits for producers,there was the whole 'Rave' movement etc..Maybee my memorys of the Asylum,sides,Waterfront etc just makes me biased,but the old stuff seemed to have that extra something...Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

es-cee wrote: »
    is it ok if i say i don't like it? hide.giffoxes_241.gif

Lol Sean!! Actually i cant stand it either!!!:D

Lol Sean!! Actually i cant stand it either!!!:D

lol i think i just got leveled....

• Advertisement

BIG FCUKIN TUNE THIS!!!!!! lol :D

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Imo if the music of the last 10 years odd was a food i would say it was stale..
    It just seems to me to be missing something..It's all prim and proper.The old stuff had very little profits for producers,there was the whole 'Rave' movement etc..Maybee my memorys of the Asylum,sides,Waterfront etc just makes me biased,but the old stuff seemed to have that extra something...Rant over.

yeah its called originallity and excitement ;)

producers nowadays are too hung up on production as opposed to the fun element of it, its just bland over produced tripe for the most part.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    oldskool hardcore all the way. went through a phase of buyin tunes from 92-93 a few years back. no decks anymore though :(

zero b - lock up

cloud 9 - back to detroit ep, gonna be alright

Had a Carl Cox mix i bought in little clothes shop just of Talbot street with the 2 above tunes and these on it...My bro converted it to cd long ways back and of course i played it till it was in bits..Used to be my fav'come home from the rave and nod of to mixtape'!!!

And a remix of this,not sure tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

haven't listened to the mix to see if this is what's really going down but Positiva used to send out unlabelled promos to Djs to see what the reaction was to the tune itself, rather than the name of the Dj/act etc. I know some the Vengaboys promos came out this way (as I was on the mailing list) but to me, you'd spot shoyte like that a million miles away.......I'll check later the mix later for the craic!
    good man, its bit on the cheesey side but has no vocals so it aint 'extra mature cheddar' but its still not one i'd want to own on vinyl never mind play out live lol. cheers man, maybe ya can fill in the couple of blanks we have too, cheers ;)

Case in point.....
    Vengaboys Kiss (Airscape Mix) Positiva 12TIVDJX-122

:o I only know this coz a bloke over on adverts is flogging it in amongst a plethora of top tunage (sent ya the link the other day Es) ...I was like "wtf is that doing in there" lol .... thanks to ButtersSuki i now know wtf its doing in there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Bukem has a gift when it comes to dnb. When I first heard his stuff I was blown away. I get bored easily though, so don't find his stuff as exhilerating as it used to be. But topper tune either way.

On the subject of DNB, anyone hear of DJ Hype? He's only the guy who brought drum and bass from under the carpet in the last few years. He played temple bar music center. Proper rave to be had there. A bit like the asylum. Just a dark room and music nothing else!

'Kin Tune !!!! :D

Another 'kin tune :D:D

Yet Another 'kin tune :D:D:D

Hyper HypeR ......chap's a fookin leg end !!!!

Andy C is another dnb champion ....... dnb is the dogs ..... i prefer jungle but like most of ya here I'll listen to anything left of Elton John n the like lol

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Case in point.....
    Vengaboys Kiss (Airscape Mix) Positiva 12TIVDJX-122

:o I only know this coz a bloke over on adverts is flogging it in amongst a plethora of top tunage (sent ya the link the other day Es) ...I was like "wtf is that doing in there" lol .... thanks to ButtersSuki i now know wtf its doing in there :D

i wonder if that track on that mix is a vengaboys tune tho lol, would keno really stoop to those levels of cheese and call it a classic? its a pretty bad tune tho i must say, gone are the days of pumpin house sets from him lol, all good things must come to an end haha:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

......so we want some Drum and Bass do we......here's a personal fav:

Ah feck it the A side's ok as well though personally prefer Orient Express

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Would anyone have a rip of this one!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Anyone able to fill in any gaps on this one?

1.???
    2Global Control - Crazy (KGB Energize Mix)
    3.Bounce - Get Off The Floor
    4.Untidy Dubs - Funky Groove
    5.Armand Van Helden - Witch Doctor (Greenfields Megablast)
    6.Junior Camp - Clap Your Hands (F1 Mix)
    7.Dyewitness - What Would You Like To Hear Again (Ian M's Trade Mix)
    8.???
    9.Mark Nrg - Brain Is The Weapon (Floorshow Mix)
    10.Wild Child - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)

Part 2

1.Wildchild - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)
    2.Tall Paul - Rock Da House (Experts Mix)
    3.sounds like a remix of Cadenza - Rock Your Enemies
    4.Brain Bashers - Feel The Rush
    5.??? would love to know the name of this one.
    6.V-Tracks - Subway 26 (Tony De Vit Trade Mix)
    7.???
    8.Tony De Vit - Get Loose (Trade Mix)
    9.DMB - If We Lose Our Lovin
    10.???

tdv123 wrote: »

i'll grab these later, that 4shared kip really is a wind up! went to dl part 1 of this and it said i had to wait 337 seconds??? thats over 5 1/2 minutes just to grab one side of a mix, SHOCKIN :eek::eek::eek: RS doesn't even make ya wait that long and i hate that place too!

Would anyone have a rip of this one!!

think this is what your lookin for ger

http://www.4shared.com/audio/8XhUUWsf/Westwon___Control_Dominator_mi.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

that 4shared kip really is a wind up! went to dl part 1 of this and it said i had to wait 337 seconds??? thats over 5 1/2 minutes just to grab one side of a mix, SHOCKIN :eek::eek::eek:!

Rant Rant Rant....4shared 4shared 4shared......heres one from my 4shared account,

doh-homer-simpson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

im looking for ed-case live on club fm if sum 1 can put it up cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Lds have yiz seen this:eek::D wow 2 Rave legends for a tenner, im there this will be an amazing night:cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056121742

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Lads doing another kitchen reunion this saturday
    line up includes
    Francois (Genius), Podje (Fever), Shay Hannon (Blue), Hugh Scully (Blue) Joe McGrath (Genius) Gordon Maher (Genius) Richie Rock (Genius)

Rant Rant Rant....4shared 4shared 4shared......heres one from my 4shared account,

doh-homer-simpson.jpg

shoulda checked the link before ya commented key, its warrens account (olympicheadzreturnz) not mine, bein the helpful bloke i am :rolleyes: i did a search to help ger in his hour of need and came across this with the aid of trusty ol google ;)
    i packed up my 4shared account ages ago :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

shoulda checked the link before ya commented key, its warrens account (olympicheadzreturnz) not mine, bein the helpful bloke i am :rolleyes: i did a search to help ger in his hour of need and came across this with the aid of trusty ol google ;)
    i packed up my 4shared account ages ago :p

doh-homer-simpson.jpg

doh-homer-simpson.jpg

;):D

francois wrote: »
    Lads doing another kitchen reunion this saturday
    line up includes
    Francois (Genius), Podje (Fever), Shay Hannon (Blue), Hugh Scully (Blue) Joe McGrath (Genius) Gordon Maher (Genius) Richie Rock (Genius)

Where man where?????? Nice line up. But why the f*k is Warren K not on a kitchen reunion.

Anyone know of any gigs Warren might be doing soon? I made a solemn oath to myself at the amazing night that was Heiko Laux that my next gig would be a WarrenK one (subject to some green Camels or some other amazing stimulants I can get my hands on):p

turks wrote: »
    im looking for ed-case live on club fm if sum 1 can put it up cheers

the one from 96 is it? think i have it here if you want it.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Lds have yiz seen this:eek::D wow 2 Rave legends for a tenner, im there this will be an amazing night:cool:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056121742

Nice one Jonnny...,.......but......does anyone if that chick bouncer that did the door in The Ormonde is still on the door there? She hated me with a passion and the one night I tried to get into The Temple Bar Music Centre (as it was known as at the time) b***h wouldn't let me in!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

not sure if you could upload it il let you know cheers tvd...
    tdv123 wrote: »
    the one from 96 is it? think i have it here if you want it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement