Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

is this a joke?
    better off alone by dj jurgen (or what ever the fcuk his name is) = oldskool classic?
    am i missin somethin here?
    havent tried any of links yet as im on me ps3 now and cant copy & paste, but seriously, dj jurgen???
    G what are you listenin to in private at all man :rolleyes:
    talk to frank before its too late and theres no way back mate:pac::pac::pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    is this a joke?
    better off alone by dj jurgen (or what ever the fcuk his name is) = oldskool classic?
    havent tried any of links yet as im on me ps3 now and cant copy & paste, but seriously, dj jurgen???

:o ......it was an impulse buy, it was near the till.......honest!!! lol ..... eh ....I dunno how that got in there m8..... as I said, i dont use my MF file much :o ...guess it needs some housekeeping done on it lol ......im sure there's someone?? out there who'll like it lol

"I'll get my coat" :o

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :o ......it was an impulse buy, it was near the till.......honest!!! lol ..... eh ....I dunno how that got in there m8..... as I said, i dont use my MF file much :o ...guess it needs some housekeeping done on it lol ......im sure there's someone?? out there who'll like it lol

i'm shocked and appalled G:D thought it was this poxy fever i have makin me hallucinate when i 1st seen it lol

ya get that link i pm'd ya last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Advertisement

better off alone? beachball? wtf?

i remember when better off alone was 1st released, i was at a gig in the SFX and that dublin "legend" dj kaos was rippin it up :rolleyes: anyway he dropped that tune and the whole place erupted............................. into a full scale riot and he had to be rushed out the back exit lol.
    nah wasn't that bad but he did get stuf thrown at him haha, back in 98/99 think it was now, long time ago anyway.

escee did u have a listen to that track, the post i did, ull see it if u scroll up, track at 14:08.im sure uve heard it b4

escee did u have a listen to that track, the post i did, ull see it if u scroll up, track at 14:08.im sure uve heard it b4

i'm on me ps3 now mate, cant grab anythin from MF with it, i'll have a gander later or early tomorrow for ya mate when back on me lappy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

is this a joke?

Yeah i'm with ya man but the thing is it's so hard to define a ''classic''.Who decides what a clasic is.I suppose we all do.But what might be or not be a classic to you or me might be or might not be for somebody else.I had an argument with Devo before as he pulled me up for slaging of somebody for calling (if memory serves me correctly) JX - Young belong to me a ''classic''.looking back on it now Dev was bang on as who am i to decide weather or not JX - Young belong to me is not a classic.It's all a matter of taste and age i suppose.Just thought i'd throw that out there.:D

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »
    Yeah i'm with ya man but the thing is it's so hard to define a ''classic''.Who decides what a clasic is.I suppose we all do.But what might be or not be a classic to you or me might be or might not be for somebody else.I had an argument with Devo before as he pulled me up for slaging of somebody for calling (if memory serves me correctly) JX - Young belong to me a ''classic''.looking back on it now Dev was bang on as who am i to decide weather or not JX - Young belong to me is not a classic.It's all a matter of taste and age i suppose.Just thought i'd throw that out there.:D

i agree totally ace, but bout the age thing, that was brought out in my era not asylum times, in 98/99. and when it was released it was regarded by most my mates and aquaintances as tripe, and me havin no mind of me own and wantin to fit in and be cool went along with em. now here we are 12 years later and i'm an old man of 28 and too set in me ways and stubbern to change my views on anythin:pac::pac::pac: god to be a carefree 16 year old again lol:D

ya get that link i pm'd ya last night?

I did m8 but I've not had a listen as yet, is it his own stuff?

Sorry, i've been away from the PC ........ out in the driving snow beating myself with snow sodden socks for having the "temporary loss of sanity" which led to me having such cringeworthy "tunes" amongst my files :o ....the utter shame of it!

That said, I have to fess up here......I like the beachball tune :D ya have to take into account I was washed up n burnt out by the time this was released and had "retired" to Fri/Sat nights in the local nightclub , inevitably the mellower stuff began to stagnate in the cells I had left......I just cant explain the Jurgen one lol I think it was planted there in an elaborate attempt to destroy my character lol

I did m8 but I've not had a listen as yet, is it his own stuff?

Sorry, i've been away from the PC ........ out in the driving snow beating myself with snow sodden socks for having the "temporary loss of sanity" which led to me having such cringeworthy "tunes" amongst my files :o ....the utter shame of it!

That said, I have to fess up here......I like the beachball tune :D ya have to take into account I was washed up n burnt out by the time this was released and had "retired" to Fri/Sat nights in the local nightclub , inevitably the mellower stuff began to stagnate in the cells I had left......I just cant explain the Jurgen one lol I think it was planted there in an elaborate attempt to destroy my character lol

the link i sent ya is a 320 rip of "'BIG HARD HATS - ON E' as i remembered you requestin it a little while back mate ;)
    i like the tall paul remix of beachball, always reminds me of back in gafs in the late 90s after the temple just chillin with a can and spliff windin down after a great night.
    can't say i like that dj jurgen tune too much tho but did remind me of that night in sfx and make me laugh tho so thanks for that mate lol :D

is this a joke?
    :o ......it was an impulse buy, it was near the till.......honest!!! lol ..... eh ....I dunno how that got in there m8..... as I said, i dont use my MF file much ...guess it needs some housekeeping done on it lol ......im sure there's someone?? out there who'll like it lol

i'm shocked and appalled G:D thought it was this poxy fever i have makin me hallucinate when i 1st seen it lol
    i remember when better off alone was 1st released, i was at a gig in the SFX and that dublin "legend" dj kaos was rippin it up :rolleyes: anyway he dropped that tune and the whole place erupted............................. into a full scale riot and he had to be rushed out the back exit lol.
    nah wasn't that bad but he did get stuf thrown at him haha, back in 98/99 think it was now, long time ago anyway.
    i agree totally ace, but bout the age thing, that was brought out in my era not asylum times, in 98/99. and when it was released it was regarded by most my mates and aquaintances as tripe, and me havin no mind of me own and wantin to fit in and be cool went along with em. now here we are 12 years later and i'm an old man of 28 and too set in me ways and stubbern to change my views on anythin:pac::pac: god to be a carefree 16 year old again lol:D

Just to clarify :o ......I DONT consider any of the 3 aforementioned to be "classics" , I fess up to liking the Beachball tune, I'm aghast at the Jurgen one been in there (its a plant) and the "Better on the bone" tune was ripped n mp3'd for my sis .......not defending them in any way but I agree with that Ace said.....and what Es just said in his last post .... I have another excuse lol ....I'm old (very) and i have kids ....i'm begining to think these offending tunes made their way into my files for purposes of CD burning for my son...it's the only logical explaination!!! :D

the link i sent ya is a 320 rip of "'BIG HARD HATS - ON E' as i remembered you requestin it a little while back mate ;)
    i like the tall paul remix of beachball, always reminds me of back in gafs in the late 90s after the temple just chillin with a can and spliff windin down after a great night.
    can't say i like that dj jurgen tune too much tho but did remind me of that night in sfx and make me laugh tho so thanks for that mate lol :D

Ah fair balls t'ya man, when i read "got this from Baz" I thought it was one of his tunes!! :o .....man i seriously need to get my craneum sorted lol i'm all over the shop lately!

These are the folders I sent to oldskooler for "Mirroring" if he wanted them , you'll see that the extremely embarrassing ones are very minimal at best lol ........jeez my creds gone down quicker than a FF Redpoll rating!!! :o

http://www.mediafire.com/?3hlnqugq380i8

http://www.mediafire.com/?ttcb2v432jcqv

http://www.mediafire.com/?oxfr9vjbjs81f

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ekv92j8soi0m

http://www.mediafire.com/?18z0gt5n8l78q

http://www.mediafire.com/?h4o0hviw5kywb

http://www.mediafire.com/?c0iy4jedpgw5d

Maybe my latest uploads to YT will save my fall from Grace.....got some more new ones (1st time up's for YT) coming soon too.

is this a joke?

just to clarify this post.
    when i asked wether this "= oldskool classic?", bein from '99 i don't regard this as bein oldskool altho i take into account peoples perception of oldskool varies with age but i regard oldskool as late 80s - 95, anythin newer i don't class as oldskool (just my opinion) and i wouldn't regard this as a "classic", infact the last time i even heard this tune was around '99/'00 and classics are ment to be timeless pieces of work that are never forgotten if i'm not mistaken.
    so if i offend any1 by this post and my review of the track in particular, sorry, but i hated it then and still do and think most of jurgens stuff is muck tbh.

just to satisfy myself ive gone to yt, brought up the track and listened in full, still don't like it.

just to clarify this post.
    when i asked wether this "= oldskool classic?", bein from '99 i don't regard this as bein oldskool altho i take into account peoples perception of oldskool varies with age but i regard oldskool as late 80s - 95, anythin newer i don't class as oldskool (just my opinion) and i wouldn't regard this as a "classic", infact the last time i even heard this tune was around '99/'00 and classics are ment to be timeless pieces of work that are never forgotten if i'm not mistaken.
    so if i offend any1 by this post and my review of the track in particular, sorry, but i hated it then and still do and think most of jurgens stuff is muck tbh.

just to satisfy myself ive gone to yt, brought up the track and listened in full, still don't like it.

:eek: He had other releases? not a one hit wonder? and you've heard them? ...... now whats your excuse for that??? :D , man you got a sick mind lol you went n listened to the tune in full!!! I took your word for it Es , th minute i seen the name n track it sent shivers down my spine ...... i wont be listening to it any time soon ........ im still listening to my Scooter CD lol :D

Lets get off this topic and back on track .......

And some homegrown ........
    Fookin Chooooon
    Fookin Choooon too !!

:cool: Cooler than a polar bears piss!!

yeah sadly G he wasn't a one hit wonder infact i think he still produces tbh, was mainly commercially oriented trance that he made back then, dunno what he does now. holy posted a vid on the last page of him, not too sure how old it is but sounds fairly newish, could be wrong tho???

have to go rootin for a frank de wolfe discog somewere, like his stuff, and other are good too, never heard em before, if i did can't remember anyway lol.

forgot to tell ya earlier its xmas special of techno tues on oos mate, place is still hoppin!!!! drop over f ya get this mate

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmlfbwwtcni

any1 know track at 14:08?

]
    Westbam - Wizards Of Sonic

• Advertisement

tdv123 wrote: »
    ]
    Westbam - Wizards Of Sonic
    nice1 tdv,sometimes its hard 2 id a track when its in a mix, knew i knew it, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

:eek: He had other releases? not a one hit wonder? and you've heard them? ...... now whats your excuse for that??? :D , man you got a sick mind lol you went n listened to the tune in full!!! I took your word for it Es , th minute i seen the name n track it sent shivers down my spine ...... i wont be listening to it any time soon ........ im still listening to my Scooter CD lol :D

Lets get off this topic and back on track .......

And some homegrown ........
    Fookin Chooooon
    Fookin Choooon too !!

:cool: Cooler than a polar bears piss!!

Yo EarlE you wouldn' happen to have "104 rapid pulses" and the B side of that one (Well on the White label I had it on) "I need You"

'tis on this album which my nephew has

http://www.discogs.com/MDMA-The-Final-Induction/release/1509119

It's down as Hard House but that's utter bollocks! That 104 Rapid Pulses is a Rapid Tune. Amazing with some build/break/build. Billy in Abbey Discs told me it was a tune that Warren produced so for years I was looking for this tune (another precious gem nicked by some wanker at a houseparty) by Warren Kiernan when my nephew came in with this album and handed it to me. Nearly dropped when I saw those two tunes on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

i agree totally ace, but bout the age thing, that was brought out in my era not asylum times, in 98/99. and when it was released it was regarded by most my mates and aquaintances as tripe, and me havin no mind of me own and wantin to fit in and be cool went along with em. now here we are 12 years later and i'm an old man of 28 and too set in me ways and stubbern to change my views on anythin:pac::pac::pac: god to be a carefree 16 year old again lol:D

fair point es-cee but there may be somebody out there who is of the opinion that the track is a classic as it was part of what they knew and listened to when growing up.Sorry with the age thing i meant with both the age of the person and the age of the track.for instance a kid growing up now will probably have a totally different perception of what a classic is when they get older as opposed to what we consider a classic.As they will have more and different music to choose from.

Personally i think that track is tripe aswell as your m8s.so does that mean it aint a classic cause we said so.:D

i recieved a comment while bk on an old skool track i did on youtube,kee mo the mooger, he said it sounded like an 80s fag track,looked on his own site n he had every track by dizzy rascal n other ****heads like em,different generation,we dont know how kids listen to that crap, and im sure they dont know how we like oldskool tracks.which is our generation.which was influenced by drugs.theyre influenced by watever is on radio and in clubs today,they dont know anything else.i guess we are glad we had our times listening n dancin around off the head to them classics, n im sure in afew yrs they will look bk themselves and say"ah those were the days.they dont make music like that anymore.im glad i was around n experienced all those mostly dutch tech/house tracks between 93 to 96 give or take a yr or so.it was end of an era for that music after that.i had a great time. n fuk wat ever else came after it, coz it was muck to me :)

tony de vit at trade 92 any1 id track at 4:04? http://www.mediafire.com/?9xv2zzoadon
    has that quick vocal in it that been in a number of tracks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

which was influenced by drugs.

Most definitely, and quality drugs at that.
    i guess we are glad we had our times listening n dancin around off the head to them classics,

I certainly am glad of the memories, best years of my life were age 15-19 give or take. Although I am going to this CJ Bolland Old Skool night and hopefully will be able to relive those times just one more night. And given there are decent pills floating about it's actually a possibility.
    .im glad i was around n experienced all those mostly dutch tech/house tracks between 93 to 96 give or take a yr or so.it was end of an era for that music after that.i had a great time. n fuk wat ever else came after it, coz it was muck to me :)

Nah late 80's is when I start listening to electronic music, would've only been 11 or 12 at the time. No drugs needed to enjoy the music. And there are still some quality producers out there today. Old Skool (esp breakbeat hardcore) is most definitely my favourite but I wouldn't dismiss newer stuff either as there is still some quality tunes being made. The likes of Green Velvet, Chris Liebing, Speedy J, Felix da Housecat, Luke Slater, Laurent Garnier.........I could go on and on.....but I won't and will stop now.

wasnt around for the house music of the 80s n very early 90s, but but its still much appreciated.its where it all started, just remember tracks like humanoid.only a kid, but loved it, think at that age i was just waiting my turn,didnt think it wud of influenced me into popin pills tho.i sure found out tho

all them djs are great esp liebing slater n felix.seen slater do an amazing set 1 night at temple of sound,brilliant techno, sirens n records goin backwards.real heavey bangin stuff, unlike his minimal techno stuff he has out on cd,depends on the country n club tho i guess

fair point es-cee but there may be somebody out there who is of the opinion that the track is a classic as it was part of what they knew and listened to when growing up.Sorry with the age thing i meant with both the age of the person and the age of the track.for instance a kid growing up now will probably have a totally different perception of what a classic is when they get older as opposed to what we consider a classic.As they will have more and different music to choose from.

Personally i think that track is tripe aswell as your m8s.so does that mean it aint a classic cause we said so.:D

a classic of the commercial scene probably, disco bars and under 18s events.
    i deffo agree with what your sayin ace, who are we to judge?
    won't be gettin any air time from me for a long time tho haha:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 oldskooltunes

Raftor! wrote: »
    Anybody know of sites that have mp3 download of old skool tracks, been looking for gemini iv jump and moonchild voat cant fidn them anywhere :(
    http://mfi.re/file/l1g2cxk6dot1391/v.o.a.t-moonchild.mp3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement