Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

nice tune that, love anythin dark meself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Has anyone heard anything about Sides opening again:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Nope, but i doubt it will be opened in the same style it was when it was running if it is:(

Just not the same if it opens in the same venue unless it has the same edge to it.

Nope, but i doubt it will be opened in the same style it was when it was running if it is:(

Just not the same if it opens in the same venue unless it has the same edge to it.

Just heard on Facebook, its Mick walsh's club in Dundalk !
    Currently called Kinetic DC. I think there changing the name to Sides DC. I believe it's a great night up there! haven't ventured up yet myself.

• Advertisement

Just trying to embed sound cloud links... but i don't think its available here?

Anyway.. Just converted one of the many Tapes i found.
    This is from Jay Carey, There might be a name to this mix but i don't have any of jay's mixes anymore.Maybe somebody here might recognize this mix or else it could be just a recording from a session :)

http://snd.sc/gkZKOC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

if it does itl be raided 1st nite it opens,esp if its named sides dc lol
    place be full of 30 odd and 40 yr olds.the old crew.
    wont be like it was before,no club would get away with what the old clubs got away with now,from when back then.
    id say next rumer will probly be"that they selling the old white doves and mad bastards too,ha

is sides not a boozer now? if its just kinetic thats changin its name to sides i would hardly call that sides reopenin lol, its in dundalk ffs.

just seen this on FB, were bouts did you see the info paddy?

163870_485771998316_540253316_6060607_2373525_n.jpg

es-cee wrote: »
    is sides not a boozer now? if its just kinetic thats changin its name to sides i would hardly call that sides reopenin lol, its in dundalk ffs.

Yeah but the Sides crew are running the place and it's full of Dubs :P

• Advertisement

Yeah but the Sides crew are running the place and it's full of Dubs :P

thats great anall but, thats like sayin the temple theatre is back open coz the good bits is holdin the reunions lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

Does any pva wood glue work?
    LADS TRIED THIS THE OTHER NIGHT IT DEFO WORKS JUST MAKE SURE 2 PUT PLENTY OF GLUE ON ITS EASIER FOR WHEN YOUR TAKIN IT OFF ALSO MAKE SURE ITS FULLY DRY, DOES THE JOB THO.....:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Ah, a man's vocal, i was thinking a woman,second line was a great help too.....

It's this, Havoc - The Rising Sun

:D

Earl u legend thats the 1 alrite.Stomper.

Here ya go Ed Case tunes for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

It was rebuilt into a snobby bar years back, the inside's where ripped out and it was rebuilt totally different , I cant' see them closing the bar, to reopen it as sides. it would be nice though. :D:D:D:D

es-cee wrote: »
    thats great anall but, thats like sayin the temple theatre is back open coz the good bits is holdin the reunions lol.

I'll pass on your words of encouragement to the Lads...:)

It was rebuilt into a snobby bar years back, the inside's where ripped out and it was rebuilt totally different , I cant' see them closing the bar, to reopen it as sides. it would be nice though. :D:D:D:D

It sure would be nice! but as most of us agree the atmosphere would never be the same.... but would like to try anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

This old skool classic was rerelased the other day.
    It's supposed to be a revamped version,
    see what you think.

The video is not bad but i don't think much of the track tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

LADS TRIED THIS THE OTHER NIGHT IT DEFO WORKS JUST MAKE SURE 2 PUT PLENTY OF GLUE ON ITS EASIER FOR WHEN YOUR TAKIN IT OFF ALSO MAKE SURE ITS FULLY DRY, DOES THE JOB THO.....:):)

Of course it works!!! :rolleyes: I'd hardly recommend it to peeps if it didn't !!! ...... now,who's up for helping with the canvassing for Fianna Fail? :D ....

But seriously,glad you tried it Rocky, it's by far the best way of "deep cleaning" your precious vinyls.....and whats more ...The Safest as no residue gets left behind as would with a liquid based cleaner,nor chemicals as would with same (no prizes for guessing what that does to delicate grooves over a period of time) ...I was told once about using alcohol, not the consumable stuff we all know n love but the real sh1t (anything above 75/80% vol - as it evaporates) but i'd be weary of the long term effect this might have, all well and good for cleaning the contacts in the tone arm & needles though!

And yeah, use plenty, a good coating,leave for a good few hours then your good to go.....and if you mange to peel the layer off in one go without stretching it too much slap it down on the turntable and have a listen!!!! mental :D

..some of the "abuse" i've seen posted on YT as a great cleaning method for vinyls :eek::eek: blokes using power drills and sinks full of water!!! then rigorously buffing the sweet bejeezus out of the record with a household dishcloth....might look quick n easy but sure as sh1t it'll have long term damage!

Right i'm off to buy shares in "Evo-stik wood adhesive" before the rush :D .....

Wasn't it "The Mercantile" or something? I wouldnt have called it "snobby" lol I was in it a few times with workmates over the years but suppose more "up market" in comparision to how we'd all have remembered it.

Though i'm with ya on the wishful thinking lol but as has been said already, no matter what they did or how they did it it just wouldnt be the same now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Wasn't it "The Mercantile" or something? I wouldnt have called it "snobby" lol I was in it a few times with workmates over the years but suppose more "up market" in comparision to how we'd all have remembered it.

Though i'm with ya on the wishful thinking lol but as has been said already, no matter what they did or how they did it it just wouldnt be the same now.

Ne don't think it was the Mercantile,Sides was further up dame street.

Vicious Delicious - Hocus Pocus (Magical Trance Mix)

:D Shaking me tune tin tonight lads ..... I have the vinyl of M/D/M/A - The Creator/Karma Chant (fookin savage tunes!!!) but i'm chasing their other stuff, namely the tunes they released on the 1996 compilation "Final Induction" .....anyone out there got it? or got any other tunes from these 2 Dublin lads?

Nice 1

R-1509119-1224961944.jpeg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

:D Shaking me tune tin tonight lads ..... I have the vinyl of M/D/M/A - The Creator/Karma Chant (fookin savage tunes!!!) but i'm chasing their other stuff, namely the tunes they released on the 1996 compilation "Final Induction" .....anyone out there got it? or got any other tunes from these 2 Dublin lads?

Nice 1

R-1509119-1224961944.jpeg

I have this one somewhere and pretty sure I ripped the tracks off it along the way, can dig them out if you haven't got or not provided by anyone else!

http://www.discogs.com/MDMA-The-Legalise-EP/release/430722

I have this one somewhere and pretty sure I ripped the tracks off it along the way, can dig them out if you haven't got or not provided by anyone else!

http://www.discogs.com/MDMA-The-Legalise-EP/release/430722

Nice 1 SD , top man!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Its called O'Briens lads, Mercantile is just beside it though so we will forgive you G, as you were most certainly mashed upon entering the premises many moons ago:D

(from the back lane)

146110.JPG

This is what the DJ Box looks like now,

146111.JPG

Here it is from the back lanne which we used to go in through after the OLYMPIC before the ASYLUM, befor the ASYLUM became the only venue of choice, many a narcotic bought in this laneway.:)

146112.JPG

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement