Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Remember this classic :D

Who used this as a sample in another tune from bitd????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

germulhall wrote: »
    Not sure if this mix has been done already but hoping to get it IDed. Heres what i have so far.

http://soundcloud.com/fancypants74/warren-k-november-1993

1. Paragliders - Paraglide (Blue Sky Mix)
    2. (Nearly sure its on Eye Q)
    3. Goahead - Free Beach (Candolyn Mix)
    4. House Of Usher - The Autumn Dream (Indian Summer Mix)
    5. Resistance D - O-Conga
    7. Empirion - Narcotic Influence 2
    10. Brainchild - Synfonica
    11. Sven Väth - L'Esperanza (Visions of Shiva Mix)
    12. Sunshower - Seven
    13. CJ Bolland - Mantra
    16. 3 Phase - Rota

Nice one Scubadevils for tracks 4 and 12. Top man!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nice one Scubadevils for tracks 4 and 12. Top man!!

No worries, 2 others doing my head in but the names just won't come to me! One of them sounds very Hardfloor like but not certain.

No worries, 2 others doing my head in but the names just won't come to me! One of them sounds very Hardfloor like but not certain.

I know man they are doing the very same to my head. Yeah could be Hardfloor alright. Found that House of Usher track just there. Can't believe i haven't got the second track yet. Sounds very familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

I know man they are doing the very same to my head. Yeah could be Hardfloor alright. Found that House of Usher track just there. Can't believe i haven't got the second track yet. Sounds very familiar.

im on me ps3 here so cant play the link but judgin by the tracklist so far it looks like WK live in asylum nye 93/94 and if im right the 2nd track is discovered theme by virtual symmetry

• Advertisement

Ger,not sure if it's the same WK Nov 93 mix but Bilko did his own mix awhile ago that was tracks from a WK Nov 93 mix (see below) may not be same one ,may not be n same order,it sprang to mind when i saw your post n just thought I'd throw it your way.May or may not be of some use to you in your quest,he may even have a full tracklisting for the mix you posted.
    sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Mix tunes iv'e put together off the Nov '93 WK mix...

http://www.mediafire.com/?82fn3fw6gp1dgdj
    One Dove - Breakdown (Secret Knowledge Dark Mix)
    The Delorme - Beatniks (Dharma Bums Mix)
    Vinyl Blair - Scratch N Sniff
    Death Before Disco - Ministry
    Vinyl Blair - The Trancepotter
    Trance Induction - N
    E-Motion 4 - Rising Energy
    Country & Western - Reincarnation
    Graylock - Acceleration By T.R.A.N.C.E.
    The Grid -Texas Cowboy (High Plains Prankster Mix)
    Quartermain - Flow Motion
    3Phase - Rota
    Union Jack - Two Full Moons And A Trout
    Renegade Legion - The Weeping Waste

2. virtual symmetry - discovered theme
    4. House Of Usher The Autumn Dream (Indian Summer Mix)
    6. acrid abeyance - dynamique twins
    8. acrid abeyance - exposure track
    12. Sunshower - Seven
    13. CJ Bolland - Mantra
    16. 3 Phase - Rota

i have this tracklist complete somewere, not sure if its on a HDD or if its written down somewere but i deffo have it anyway, i'll look for it tomorrow, the 2nd tune is deffo discovered theme on eye q records tho ;)

EDIT: heres another 2 off it as well

es-cee wrote: »
    im on me ps3 here so cant play the link but judgin by the tracklist so far it looks like WK live in asylum nye 93/94 and if im right the 2nd track is discovered theme by virtual symmetry

Ah right so it must be then mate cause the second is definitely The Discovered Theme. Do you have the full tracklisting handy. Can you send it on tomorrow or whenever you get a chance man. Cheers.

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Ger,not sure if it's the same WK Nov 93 mix but Bilko did his own mix awhile ago that was tracks from a WK Nov 93 mix (see below) may not be same one ,may not be n same order,it sprang to mind when i saw your post n just thought I'd throw it your way.May or may not be of some use to you in your quest,he may even have a full tracklisting for the mix you posted.

Cheers G!! Appreciate it man. Yeah i musta got it mixed up. And it is NYE 93/94 as Scubadevils rightly pointed out.

got another 2 ger, acrid abeyance, check above

• Advertisement

12. Sunshower - Seven
    13. CJ Bolland - Mantra
    16. 3 Phase - Rota

i have this tracklist complete somewere, not sure if its on a HDD or if its written down somewere but i deffo have it anyway, i'll look for it tomorrow, the 2nd tune is deffo discovered theme on eye q records tho ;)

Ah fair play to ya Sean. Looking forward to it. Cheers mate.

12. Sunshower - Seven
    13. CJ Bolland - Mantra
    16. 3 Phase - Rota

just found that tracklist there, need the missing ones that are left meself to complete it, maybe ace would be the man for the job :cool:

just found that tracklist there, need the missing ones that are left meself to complete it, maybe ace would be the man for the job :cool:

Sweet as Sean. I will give Ace a shout. Nice one.

love the piano in this :cool:

12. Sunshower - Seven
    13. CJ Bolland - Mantra
    16. 3 Phase - Rota

Ah Dynamique Twins, that was one that I knew but wouldn't come to me... fckin brilliant track.

& the other was Exposure track, I was thinking that was a Hardfloor tune, another great track.

Jesus my memory is getting so hazy trying to ID a lot of tunes these days, its gas because at times now I listen to stuff and I have the bloody tracks, know them well but just can't put a name to them!

• Advertisement

I've been listening to feck all harder stuff lately or not very much oldskool in general but got the goo on me again after listening to some bits over the last week or so...

Remember that label Hyper Hype? Some right belters on that...

Gamma Loop - Eclipse (Sun's Mix)

Gamma Loop - Imperpetuate

i have this vinyl from Hyper Hype.....

Quadripart - Joy

Exit EEE Remix

Ah Dynamique Twins, that was one that I knew but wouldn't come to me... fckin brilliant track.

& the other was Exposure track, I was thinking that was a Hardfloor tune, another great track.

Jesus my memory is getting so hazy trying to ID a lot of tunes these days, its gas because at times now I listen to stuff and I have the bloody tracks, know them well but just can't put a name to them!

Lol. I'm the very same as ya man. Its great getting older isn't it!! :D
    I've been listening to feck all harder stuff lately or not very much oldskool in general but got the goo on me again after listening to some bits over the last week or so...

Remember that label Hyper Hype? Some right belters on that...

Gamma Loop - Eclipse (Sun's Mix)

Gamma Loop - Imperpetuate

Love that label alright. Especially these 2.

Here's is a bangin Sasha Essential mix that i uploaded to Soundcloud last night from Kelly's, Portrush 1999. The first hour was Darren Emerson from The Red Box with 2FM and Radio 1. When i find a decent copy of it i will post it up also.

http://soundcloud.com/germulhall/sasha-essential-mix-live-from

:D Sorry to go slightly off topic here *ahem*
    Gen:FX wrote: »
    Hey! J- This aint no hell hole, this is my city, this is where my family is, this is where my friends live, this is where I've grown up, it's like any place you live... you make the most of what you have, you dont run away when things get tough,... recession my Fookin' Hole... the only folk moanin' about 'A' recession are the *greedy* fookers who grabbed more than their fair share during the first wave and now they realise their going to have to ACTUALLY do a bit of graftin' to make ends meet. You didnt even need a leaving cert to figure that out 12months ago (let alone a degree in rocket propulsion...ahem) - My moto always was (and always will be) Believe half of what you see & NOTHING of what you read. - Adverts are Invented to entice you to a product, you need to do your homework b4 you take a jump, if you dont...we'll , we all know the score. ;)

Anyway... Nice1 for the videos, but I'm gettin' a bit long in the tooth for the day-glow air filled props and big indoor venues,... I still love my tight dark and sticky sweat box's, and if the only bass bin in the shop has a 5" rip in it, it's even sweeter. ;)

this is more my bag / Fantazia 1992 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPpKQEe-3gM
    RaverRo808 wrote: »
    Your right there Caf,if everyone goes round with the attitude 'this hellhole',thats what it will be,thats because nobody has any pride in this country or this town,this recession talk,its aload of sh*te,an invention of the media and the government to stop people borrowing due to the credit crunch in the banks around the world,the only people affected by the ''recession'' are anyone in the building trade and complete greedy misers,who milked hard working people dry during the 'celtic tiger',Ive no sympathy,this 'recession' is working out great for me,got approved for big loan,two years ago during the 'boom',I would have being laughed at if I had applied for one,loadsa mullah for CDjs and new stereo system lol
    stephen_n wrote: »
    Think Bono said it best in that all cities have their good and bad and Dublin is no different! To say that the recession is just a creation of media hype is a wee bit wide of the mark. Yes the media are scare mongoring to sell papers but realistically, economics are cyclical and as such recessions are inevitable for corporate culture to keep a check on it's expenses. This one was created by greed in the financial institutions and now is being sustained by their fear and unwillingness to lend to each other and to business. It has been strengthend by succesive weak govenments in this country thinking the gravy train would never end! We live in a rip off culture where english owned companies charge us 50% more than they do our northern cousins across the border for the same products so it's easy to see why people are once again looking for a way out!!

In terms of the thread we have going here look at the times that existed in Ireland when our beloved clubbing culture exploded. interest rates were 17.5% unemployment stood at 20% 60,000 people a year were emigrating. We were raving :) In 1993 I lost my job, was working in a factory and a few nights a week behind a bar to make ends meet. Funnily enough these were the happiest times of my life while going raving at the weekends. The country was ****ed far more of ****hole than it is now but do any of you who were there remember a better time in your life?

In short recessions come and go it's part of life, I grew up in the 80's and I can assure it was far worse than now. But Irealnd was then and is now my home my country and I'll stick by it thick and thin! As long as I can get a bit of sunshine every year :cool:
    jonny68 wrote: »
    good points man yeah the 1980's were worse than now but it's looking quite bleak out there and at my age i cant be dealing with it so hopefully ill get sorted soon or ill have to consider my options, sure in the early 1990's it was bad but i must have went a year without working at all,the only working i wanted was getitng mad out of it at weekend in Sides and the likes, well i had my own "business";);):D as it were which involved meeting a lot of people and going out Raving:D ;);)
    Yep & they are really showing their true colours as of late....all the problems surrounding the banks & its officials is simply being ignored but not because the Government has no balls (altough they havnt any) but because for the last 50 years in this country its the cosy relationship with pals in power that has run this country......all the major money makers had the government in their pocket & vice versa....its not that they are afraid to take action but that it doesnt suit the elite & politicians for this to happen.....an example of this related to the 'Recession' we are now experiencing is obvious when you think about it.......the banks say they are in trouble because of all the money that they have lent out.... but the money hasnt dissapeared it has just made a load big business men very rich & you can be sure thay are all mates of the government & the bank officials that lent them the money so you have to ask yourself the question do you think the government/bank officials really give a sh.it about the state of the country when they obviously willingly created the current economic climate to reap the rewards when the economys of the world were on the up.......Bertie, Harney, Cowen etc. dont give a flying fu.ck about the state of country or you they are the epitamy of free market capatalists.....pi.ss all over you if your at the bottom happily & hope you die soon;)
    Sorry about that a bit off the subject of this thread but i cant stand the scumbags running our country & claiming to be republicans....they really are a disgrace to the liberators of this country & all honest working people of this country:mad:

Just wondering,2 years on, has anyones opinions changed regarding the state of affairs in Ireland today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MarcG74

Just to say lads i posted this mix on Soundcloud and i can tell u all for a fact this mix was released in Nov 93. I got it from the man himself... he may have played the same set on new years eve.. but i had the original tape in my hands well before that. It was a black cover with a yellow smiley face on it......and in the inside of the cover it said November 93. Hope this clears up any confusion??

Sickboy74/fancypants74/marcg74

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MarcG74

Here is my 1st gift to Boards.ie..Hope some of you out there havnt got some of these?

MarcG

http://www.mediafire.com/?gryieg4uhc9e2

MarcG74 wrote: »
    Here is my 1st gift to Boards.ie..Hope some of you out there havnt got some of these?

MarcG

:D M8 ,top man! what an introduction ,fair play t'ya!! and welcome to the "Greatest Book Never Written" lol be sure to read back over the 800 odd pages (when it's quiet & you have a few weeks to spare lol) ....Nice 1 for the shares ,WK - legend!!!

Right,time to go grab some of those sets!!

:D Top one,Nice one,Got sorted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭a148pro

Here's is a bangin Sasha Essential mix that i uploaded to Soundcloud last night from Kelly's, Portrush 1999. The first hour was Darren Emerson from The Red Box with 2FM and Radio 1. When i find a decent copy of it i will post it up also.

http://soundcloud.com/germulhall/sasha-essential-mix-live-from

Ahh, I was at this, the Redbox part. Four leaf clovers. Jesus. Higher than I've ever been. First time I heard Xpander.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

MarcG74 wrote: »

MarcG

That's a lot of warren k mixes:D going start downloading this asap!

Cheers buddy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement