Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

can some1 give me an ID on this bad ass tune please?

http://soundcloud.com/es-cee/track-id

cheers, es.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

What do people here use to record vinyl, tapes etc? I had an MP3 player with a record input and it could do up to 320kbps which was great but it no longer works... need to find an alternative now. I'm thinking Audacity and run a 2 phono from one of the outs on my mixer and into the 3.5" on the computer... is this the best way to do it???

What do people here use to record vinyl, tapes etc? I had an MP3 player with a record input and it could do up to 320kbps which was great but it no longer works... need to find an alternative now. I'm thinking Audacity and run a 2 phono from one of the outs on my mixer and into the 3.5" on the computer... is this the best way to do it???

thats the way i do it SD, phone to 3.5 from the rec out on me mixer to input on lappy, and audacity.

es-cee wrote: »
    thats the way i do it SD, phone to 3.5 from the rec out on me mixer to input on lappy, and audacity.

Nice one, I've just ordered a 3m cable to run from the mixer, I have a 1.5m cable but not long enough!!! I've a load of vinyl to rip still so will have to get cracking once this cable arrives...

Another Prolekult belter...

Bad Man - Lover Man

• Advertisement

Another Prolekult belter...

Bad Man - Lover Man

quality track from a quality label

Nice one, I've just ordered a 3m cable to run from the mixer, I have a 1.5m cable but not long enough!!! I've a load of vinyl to rip still so will have to get cracking once this cable arrives...

are ya rippin them to use with cdjs or some other digital mixing format, or just to thro on your ipod lol.

are ya rippin them to use with cdjs or some other digital mixing format, or just to thro on your ipod lol.

It would be to stick up on my youtube channel really but would want decent quality... also for listening in general I suppose!

I've a sh1t load of old mixes too that I want to rip for sharing, listening etc.

Carl Cox played this when he played with Orbital in the Point, 1996... brilliant track.

Tim Taylor & Dan Zamani - Planet Of Drums 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

SD I picked one up in the Sony centre in the Square for 18 yoyo's (gold plated plugs) but they have them all over the shop , Maplins,Pete's,even Power city and possibly Argos .....why order n wait you'd grab one on a trip out tomorrow!

Looking forward to hearing some of your tunes! Es Cee is the man who cured me of my "Technophobia" .... guided me through the Audacity process , top bloke or as I say "A Leg End!" :D

• Advertisement

love this tim taylor track as well, this remix in particular

EarlERizer wrote: »
    SD I picked one up in the Sony centre in the Square for 18 yoyo's (gold plated plugs) but they have them all over the shop , Maplins,Pete's,even Power city and possibly Argos .....why order n wait you'd grab one on a trip out tomorrow!

Looking forward to hearing some of your tunes! Es Cee is the man who cured me of my "Technophobia" .... guided me through the Audacity process , top bloke or as I say "A Leg End!" :D

Yeah just as I hit the 'checkout' button on amazon, I was thinking I could have just grabbed one somewhere local tomorrow! Although I got a 3m cable, gold plated etc delivered and all for less than 10 so worth the couple of extra days wait! Plus with work I won't get near it till next weekend anyway.

On a chilled note, this is one of my favourite ambient tracks, stunning... was another of the MTV Chill Out Zone tunes.

Have to say, when it comes to chill out time , i prefer to chill out to softer sounds than just ambient, i love ambient but love the meditive state of mind I feel with these......i fookin love just laying back n letting Lisa Gerrard's voice do it's magic :D

And this guy...Hans Zimmerman

I actually have a nice "chillout room" on my YT channel in my playlists......plenty of room for improvement so if anyone has suggestions for good chillout tunes let us know,thanks

not into ambient or any of that stuff, when i wanted to chill bitd i just stuck on some bob or a bitta ub or somethin along those lines.
    but since i knocked the smoke on the head 3 years ago i'm just not into chill out tunes at all tbh, haven't listened to anythin lighter or more chilled than indie rock in i don't know how long at this stage lol.

Ah yeah - Lisa Gerrard is most certainly magic!!!

I fooookin love this live performance of Rakim by Dead Can Dance...

Then of course this incredibly moving piece - 'The Host of the Seraphim'. I watched this a while back and have to admit to my 3 year old son asking why did I have tears in my eyes!

not into ambient or any of that stuff, when i wanted to chill bitd i just stuck on some bob or a bitta ub or somethin along those lines.
    but since i knocked the smoke on the head 3 years ago i'm just not into chill out tunes at all tbh, haven't listened to anythin lighter or more chilled than indie rock in i don't know how long at this stage lol.

I listen to and buy a lot of ambient, been into it along with dance or basically any electronic music since my early teens... I seriously don't know what life would be without it all!

I listen to and buy a lot of ambient, been into it along with dance or basically any electronic music since my early teens... I seriously don't know what life would be without it all!

just a matter of each to their own i guess, chillout stuff does nothin for me, i love any kind of heavy music, from electronic to rock/metal.
    love synth pop and sh1t like that too, but ambient/chill out sounds just annoy me at best for some reason?

Es buddy even without smoke this stuff just soothes the mind,i used to love Bob n the 40 (still do) I never bought into the chillout thing when i was out raving, always wanted to be peaking, best chillout i ever had was after spending a weekend on nothing but a diet of yokes n speed ,back at a gaff n listening to Pink Flyodd Dark Side of the Moon :D:D:D fookin WOW!!! i then realised the benefits of pressing pause on the aul rush chase n having a breather, just a lovely way to ease the comedown,a smoke,some soft tunes n a cup of scaldy!!!! also helps if its a sunny morning :)

Es buddy even without smoke this stuff just soothes the mind,i used to love Bob n the 40 (still do) I never bought into the chillout thing when i was out raving, always wanted to be peaking, best chillout i ever had was after spending a weekend on nothing but a diet of yokes n speed ,back at a gaff n listening to Pink Flyodd Dark Side of the Moon :D:D:D fookin WOW!!! i then realised the benefits of pressing pause on the aul rush chase n having a breather, just a lovely way to ease the comedown,a smoke,some soft tunes n a cup of scaldy!!!! also helps if its a sunny morning :)

ah i'm not a 24/7 party mad fcuker or anythin, but chill out stuff bores the life outa me, would rather sit thru mass lol.

A Luke Slater belter...

Planetary Assault Systems - Starway Ritual

• Advertisement

I actually have a nice "chillout room" on my YT channel in my playlists......plenty of room for improvement so if anyone has suggestions for good chillout tunes let us know,thanks

I could seriously spend all night recommending stuff, I really have had a serious passion for ambient since I was about 16 or so... trips and ambient were just perfect together!

Here's one for starters anyway, a real classic piece of ambient music on the Fax label.

Silence - Omid Hope

ah i'm not a 24/7 party mad fcuker or anythin, but chill out stuff bores the life outa me, would rather sit thru mass lol.

:D I know .....you like to grab an hours kip and ya stop for dinner :pac::pac::pac:.....maybe just 22/7 lol ......you'll learn to love it when ya hit gereatric status like me!!! slippers,cardigans n wurther originals!!! :D

Right I'm off to me leaba... some acid techno to send me off to sleep :pac: 4.26 minutes :eek:

DJ Skull - Acid Wiss L

few hard trance ID's needed please if any1 can help me out

http://soundcloud.com/es-cee/track-id-2

http://soundcloud.com/you/sets

cheers, es :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

the second 1 sound a bit like twisted systems volume 1. cud be a different mix or else i think its jus speeded up a good bit.

the second 1 sound a bit like twisted systems volume 1. cud be a different mix or else i think its jus speeded up a good bit.

just checked on yt, its deffo that track alright, just pitched way up.

thanks mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

A few Chi town classics

Remember Richard Fearless droppin this at the second Homelands as I was comin up on a couple of benny hills. Fckin deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

• Advertisement

few hard trance ID's needed please if any1 can help me out

http://soundcloud.com/you/sets

few more to add to these up already if ya's could take a listen and see if ya's know any of em please.

http://soundcloud.com/es-cee/sets/trance-ids/

cheers, es :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement