Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Hope the interview went well G !
    Have one meself next week, bag of nerves at the thoughts of it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Amazing when faced with the prospect of assuming the task of downloading the pages of this thread beginning at around the 400 mark how fast you found employment G :D

Good luck with it chief, can i be a nosey cúnt & ask if its in the same field of expertise you were in your last employment?

lol funny you say that Key, i was sat having a cuppa this morning and thought "just when i was about to embark on the task to end all tasks" :D nevertheless I will give it a bash albeit at a slower pace than antisipated!

It's more or less the same field, basically logistics planning (raw materials,end product,stock control,transport planner etc - basically the same all inclusive do whatevers needed role I had with the SK) just different product!
    Any joy with this? what is the job?

The Interveiw went well (I had an initial telephone interveiw last week so this was like a 2nd round lol)
    I got the head down early last night, up at 7am this morning, shower/shave and bit of brekkie,smoked like a trooper ,checked my CV's and stuff and just got my head into as positive a state as I could.
    I felt good in my clobber, I was early but not too early (trying to look eager but not overly so lol)I fell into my stride,very comfortable,got a good vibe off the interveiwers so hopefully I sold myself well *touch wood* but i'll not count chickens just yet, all things going well i'll be hearing from them Monday/Tuesday latest.
    derra wrote: »
    Hope the interview went well G !
    Have one meself next week, bag of nerves at the thoughts of it !

Cheers D , best of luck with yours next week, I know how ya feel m8, i've been a year on the search (almost to the day) and this was the first interveiw I managed to get, all others were letters/emails "thanks but you've been unsuccessful ....but we'll keep you in mind".
    So even if this one comes to nothing atleast it was a step further and got me past that daunting stage of the interveiw process.

Best bit of advice I can give ya m8 is to get a good nights kip the night before and get a good brekkie into ya on the morning,and dont stress on what they'll ask,just be confident in what you have to offer and sell your product as best you can

..... and as my dad says "make sure you've a good polish job done on your shoes and dont foget there's a fine line between confidence and cockiness" :)

Thanks for the support lads, it means alot! I'll keep y'all informed as to how things pan out.

....... jaysus,just thinking aul FG/Lab not even got their feet under the table and things are looking brighter already :eek:

Alex Ferguson demands two goal head start for all future games

Sir Alex Ferguson has hit out at the FA for allowing his team to lose a game of football that they would have liked to win. Chelsea’s victory over Ferguson’s Manchester United in midweek has displeased and disappointed the fiery Scot, who says that the FA had better ensure it doesn’t happen again.

“Firstly they had the audacity to even consider punishing Wayne Rooney for elbowing that Irish lad. Don’t they know Rooney should be let do whatever he wants? Thankfully they saw sense at last and let him off. Then Nemanja Vidic was sent off for two bookable offences, and we had a penalty given against us. Against us! Man United! It’s a disgrace. Everyone knows that my players shouldn’t be punished for breaking the rules. Ridiculous.”

Wayne Rooney commented on the elbow incident by saying “erm” and awkwardly scratching the back of his head.
    Sir Alex has since gone on to order the FA to give his team a two goal headstart at the beginning of every game, stating that “It’s only fair. I’m sick and tired of having to win games on merit. How much more intimidating, criticising and whinging do I have to do here before I get my way?”

Nani, meanwhile, tried to discuss the matter, but ended up floundering on his words while trying to use excessively tricky and complicated sentences, and got nowhere in the end, just like how he often plays on the pitch.
    Carlo Ancelotti responded to post-match questioning by raising his eyebrow and telling reporters that “Chelsea is good at football and we win because of this”

FERGUSON250.JPG

:D A damn right too!!! ....... "I'm Man U till I die, I'm Man U till I die,i know i am i'm sure I am I'm Man U till I Die" ..... 'Kin Super Reds!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

EarlERizer wrote: »

Cheers D , best of luck with yours next week, I know how ya feel m8, i've been a year on the search (almost to the day) and this was the first interveiw I managed to get, all others were letters/emails "thanks but you've been unsuccessful ....but we'll keep you in mind".
    So even if this one comes to nothing atleast it was a step further and got me past that daunting stage of the interveiw process.

Best bit of advice I can give ya m8 is to get a good nights kip the night before and get a good brekkie into ya on the morning,and dont stress on what they'll ask,just be confident in what you have to offer and sell your product as best you can

..... and as my dad says "make sure you've a good polish job done on your shoes and dont foget there's a fine line between confidence and cockiness" :)

Thanks for the support lads, it means alot! I'll keep y'all informed as to how things pan out.

....... jaysus,just thinking aul FG/Lab not even got their feet under the table and things are looking brighter already :eek:

Will bear that in mind G, i'm to start a job at the end of the month but got a call from this place for an interview which is a job i eventually wanted to get.

The plan was to work for the few months and get experience and hopefully get a call from the other place but now they have rang and asked me to come in for interview, bolt out of the blue, bad timing ! (was told not to expect to hear anything for few months)

One is a CE scheme job and the other is cover work with possibility of full time in the future.
    Been out of work ages doing courses and now a possibility of having to decide one over the other, don't wanna shoot meself in the foot either and make a bad call if it comes to that.

Clearer picture after next week anyway with some advice along the way hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

http://www.ustream.tv/user/TechRadioDublin 9-12 old skool click the link:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

just thinking, my heads kinda wrecked, well not wrecked,but something as simple as wanting a tracklist for a mix,is doin my head in, lol, ed case 97, i want them tracks.no1 knows them,

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I met my now wife 15 years ago today :eek: It was after a night in the Temple of Sound, back at a party in a gaf and I was swigging away on a 2 litre of Linden Village still buzzing on some nice doves... I knew how to charm a lady :pac:

Earlier that night Fabio Paras (RIP :( ) was playing in the Temple of Sound and he played this track, I had only got it a couple of weeks before and it was always great hearing something you'd only recently picked up, has always stuck in my head as being the night I met my wife :o

Project X - Hardhouse Heaven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

:o Right peeps .... in little over an hour I should know if I'll be joining the rank & file of the workforce!! interveiw @ 10.30am ..... wish me luck!!!

nice1 G, hope all goes well for ya mate ;)
    just thinking, my heads kinda wrecked, well not wrecked,but something as simple as wanting a tracklist for a mix,is doin my head in, lol, ed case 97, i want them tracks.no1 knows them,

ed never got back to me on fb, dont know wether he's been in or not but no reply anyway,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭francois

I met my now wife 15 years ago today :eek: It was after a night in the Temple of Sound, back at a party in a gaf and I was swigging away on a 2 litre of Linden Village still buzzing on some nice doves... I knew how to charm a lady :pac:

Earlier that night Fabio Paras (RIP :( ) was playing in the Temple of Sound and he played this track, I had only got it a couple of weeks before and it was always great hearing something you'd only recently picked up, has always stuck in my head as being the night I met my wife :o

Nice one congrats!

Used to love fabio paras, great DJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

The Interveiw went well (I had an initial telephone interveiw last week so this was like a 2nd round lol)
    I got the head down early last night, up at 7am this morning, shower/shave and bit of brekkie,smoked like a trooper ,checked my CV's and stuff and just got my head into as positive a state as I could.
    I felt good in my clobber, I was early but not too early (trying to look eager but not overly so lol)I fell into my stride,very comfortable,got a good vibe off the interveiwers so hopefully I sold myself well *touch wood* but i'll not count chickens just yet, all things going well i'll be hearing from them Monday/Tuesday latest.

Thats great to hear the interview went well G!! The very best of luck now for Monday/Tuesday mate!!

A few more Ided of Ed Case - Trance Elevation. Cheers Paul!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Very good!

Check this bird out in the pool:D

Very good!

Check this bird out in the pool:D

:eek: :mad: Now there's just no call for that whatsoever!!! thats absolutely fookin disgraceful so it is!! ffs come on, it's one thing to get lost in the moment on holiday, we've all been there, few too many, searing sunshine,music, it can and does all go to the head and we can excuse to a degree.....but this??? jesus h ......ya cant even call it dancing :D no co-ordination at all, not even in time to the music :rolleyes: I dunno, the youth of today,they just dont get it

She's obviously wasted money at the same school of dance as this knob!

Unlike our generation of precision beat synced movers bitd :D

It's clear this guy has nailed those classic moves "The Lawnmower" & "The Punchbag" ...Respect!!!

......But there's only one master of the madness moves!!! The Flately of Fantazia , the Sinatra of Sundance , the Elvis of Eclipse, the Ozone of Obsession.....

:cool: cooler than a polar bears pi$$:cool:

:) m8 thats class!! congrats SD (and Mrs SD ) ...still on the love buzz 15 years on, proper quality doves!!! Nice 1 m8.

Crackin tune too , liking the break at 3.57 and then the return at 4.25!! :D chuuum on!!

es-cee wrote: »
    nice1 G, hope all goes well for ya mate ;)

Nice 1 bruvva :D I'll let ya know soon as I hear anything back from them! Hows things with ya m8, ya taken a bit of a break from the boards?
    ed never got back to me on fb, dont know wether he's been in or not but no reply anyway,

See, exactly why i dont do fb , all these supposed "friends" and all they do is let ya down :rolleyes: .... you should write a strongly worded note on his wall!!! ..... or tell him your removing him from your friend list, the cheek :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

See, exactly why i dont do fb , all these supposed "friends" and all they do is let ya down :rolleyes: .... you should write a strongly worded note on his wall!!! ..... or tell him your removing him from your friend list, the cheek :D

Yep i said it before & i'll say it again, Facebook is Gay, & yes i am spelling it,

'GAY' as opposed to 'GHEY' which i see quite a bit on boards and other forums.

Spelling it 'GHEY' is 'GAY':D

Thats enough gayness round here, back to the music........G

Nice 1 bruvva :D I'll let ya know soon as I hear anything back from them! Hows things with ya m8, ya taken a bit of a break from the boards?

yeah man, i'm on a new skool d'n'b buzz lately so would feel like a bit of traitor to the cause commentin on oldskool when i haven't been listenin to any in ages :D

:D:D:D

yeah man, i'm on a new skool d'n'b buzz lately so would feel like a bit of traitor to the cause commentin on oldskool when i haven't been listenin to any in ages :D
    :D:D:D

:eek: NUUUUUUUU SKOOL!!!! OMG ........ It's that fookin facebook again isnt it?? :mad: right , thats it, get up to your room, no computer privilages for a month!! I'll give ya nu-skool *pfft* whatever next :rolleyes: , frankly the very utterance of the word here on this hallowed thread saddens me!

.....atleast its DnB :D aint nothin wrong with DnB \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

:eek: NUUUUUUUU SKOOL!!!! OMG ........ /

And you can fúck off with your...'OMG'....more facebookey type shít:D

• Advertisement

:eek: NUUUUUUUU SKOOL!!!! OMG ........ It's that fookin facebook again isnt it?? :mad: right , thats it, get up to your room, no computer privilages for a month!! I'll give ya nu-skool *pfft* whatever next :rolleyes: , frankly the very utterance of the word here on this hallowed thread saddens me!

.....atleast its DnB :D aint nothin wrong with DnB \o/

yeah man i all over new dnb like a cheap suit lol

this is a fcukin tune man, only released this year, QUALITY!!!!

And you can fúck off with your...'OMG'....more facebookey type shít:D

:D

yeah man i all over new dnb like a cheap suit lol

this is a fcukin tune man, only released this year, QUALITY!!!!

:D

I'm actually loving this one at the mo, play it alot lol ..... vid is class!!

p.s. ....the OMG was for your fb vocabulary!!! seen as you've become so assimulated to the place :D lol g'wan outta dat!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 slim

Kicking Off Todays Schedule Is Techmeister Stu Massey With Some Tech Treats from 3-6 followed by Mr Old Skool Himsef Ken Brady Serving Up Some of The Most Sought After Hard To Find Old Skool Tunage From 6-9 Leaving It With Myself Winnie Dillon From 9-12 Dusting Off The 12inch Plastics To Finish The Night On An Old Skool Tip.Hope You Can Join Us Folks On Commercial Free Radio www.techradio.org The Home Of Dance Music New And Old.

:eek: :mad: Now there's just no call for that whatsoever!!! thats absolutely fookin disgraceful so it is!! ffs come on, it's one thing to get lost in the moment on holiday, we've all been there, few too many, searing sunshine,music, it can and does all go to the head and we can excuse to a degree.....but this??? jesus h ......ya cant even call it dancing :D no co-ordination at all, not even in time to the music :rolleyes: I dunno, the youth of today,they just dont get it

She's obviously wasted money at the same school of dance as this knob!

Unlike our generation of precision beat synced movers bitd :D

It's clear this guy has nailed those classic moves "The Lawnmower" & "The Punchbag" ...Respect!!!

......But there's only one master of the madness moves!!! The Flately of Fantazia , the Sinatra of Sundance , the Elvis of Eclipse, the Ozone of Obsession.....

:cool: cooler than a polar bears pi$$:cool:

Yeah the aul The Lawnmower must of been on cloud 9.:)

So what type of new stuff are you listening to?

So what type of new stuff are you listening to?

Listening to slot of jump up and darkstep, and some liquid funk as well.

Go on ya genre junkie lol ......... i'm still listening to ....... Tunage!!! :o quite a bit of HardDarkLiquidRaggaTranStepJungleTechcore :D

cool, are you into any Techno thats around today? Some really good stuff around. Have a few ben sims mixes in the car amongst others stuff..

Not sure if this is your bag but no harm in trying this out.

http://soundcloud.com/ben-sims/ben-sims-presents-funk-you-first-edition

http://soundcloud.com/ben-sims/ben-sims-presents-funk-you-002

A lot of the Techno DJ's today are playing "Funky Techno", I know.. the whole genre names thing keeps rolling :)

Go on ya genre junkie lol ......... i'm still listening to ....... Tunage!!! :o quite a bit of HardDarkLiquidRaggaTranStepJungleTechcore :D

lol i know!

• Advertisement

cool, are you into any Techno thats around today? Some really good stuff around. Have a few ben sims mixes in the car amongst others stuff..

Not sure if this is your bag but no harm in trying this out.

http://soundcloud.com/ben-sims/ben-sims-presents-funk-you-first-edition

http://soundcloud.com/ben-sims/ben-sims-presents-funk-you-002

A lot of the Techno DJ's today are playing "Funky Techno", I know.. the whole genre names thing keeps rolling :)
    I,m into most stuff paddy not too fussy tbh, once it's not cheesy or comercial I listen to it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement