Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Go on ya genre junkie lol ......... i'm still listening to ....... Tunage!!! :o quite a bit of HardDarkLiquidRaggaTranStepJungleTechcore :D

lol, ya know me G, down with the scene :D

cool, are you into any Techno thats around today? Some really good stuff around. Have a few ben sims mixes in the car amongst others stuff..

Not sure if this is your bag but no harm in trying this out.

http://soundcloud.com/ben-sims/ben-sims-presents-funk-you-first-edition

http://soundcloud.com/ben-sims/ben-sims-presents-funk-you-002

A lot of the Techno DJ's today are playing "Funky Techno", I know.. the whole genre names thing keeps rolling :)

just grabbed these nice1 paddy, had a quick flick thru them, some nice stuff there cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

lol i know!
    es-cee wrote: »
    lol, ya know me G, down with the scene :D

:rolleyes:Next we'll be sat around small aluminium tables outside some arty farty cafe,with ponytails in our hair,talking about the merits & socioinclusive syncronisaties between Techstep,Jump funk and Noveau Vox Trance in comparision to the solocratic elitist oldskool Jungle versus House whilst sipping expresso's and smoking eviromentally friendly faux cigarettes intoxicated in the exubberance of our own verbosity!!:D

And going home to try the latest sounds on one of these fookin contraptions :rolleyes:

This thing is fookin hideous........"cap'n I'm experiencing anomolies in the main deck" lol

:rolleyes:Next we'll be sat around small aluminium tables outside some arty farty cafe,with ponytails in our hair,talking about the merits & socioinclusive syncronisaties between Techstep,Jump funk and Noveau Vox Trance in comparision to the solocratic elitist oldskool Jungle versus House whilst sipping expresso's and smoking eviromentally friendly faux cigarettes intoxicated in the exubberance of our own verbosity!!:D

well i can tell ya that trance after the mid 90s sucks balls anyway lol, cheese merchants took it over and we get "oldskool mixes" like the one i gave ya from the lad who will remain anonymous ;) for obvious reasons seen as this is an open board which any1 can view :rolleyes:
    house is very good these days tho, i really like new house, some brilliant tunes been released in the last coupla years, like this little number

future classic imo :)

tech step or whatever step of dnb your into is all good with me, as i said before i FCUKIN LOVE dnb in all its shapes and forms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Unlike our generation of precision beat synced movers bitd :D

It's clear this guy has nailed those classic moves "The Lawnmower" & "The Punchbag" ...Respect!!!

Check out this lad. Although it turns out very well for him in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

I met my now wife 15 years ago today :eek: It was after a night in the Temple of Sound, back at a party in a gaf and I was swigging away on a 2 litre of Linden Village still buzzing on some nice doves... I knew how to charm a lady :pac:

Earlier that night Fabio Paras (RIP :( ) was playing in the Temple of Sound and he played this track, I had only got it a couple of weeks before and it was always great hearing something you'd only recently picked up, has always stuck in my head as being the night I met my wife :o

Project X - Hardhouse Heaven

Are u sure that track is not Raindance.I had a loan of it on vinyl once and ripped it.I have it as Rainforest - Raindance.

Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music

Funny, i was looking at that gob****e earlier (when i posted the other ones), i thought "knobhead" i'd say he's just a pilled up camera loving ego maniac and a good swift kick in the boll.ox would sort him!! :D....ok ,so who's going to have a go? :D
    germulhall wrote: »
    Check out this lad. Although it turns out very well for him in the end.

Yeah Ger,watched this one earlier today,fair fooks to him lol look what he started.....everyone looking at him and laughing but behind the laughter everyone of them wishing theyy were up giving it socks and not caring what anyone thought....they couldnt get up quick enough as soon as a few others joined in lol :D

Brings this one to mind...

:eek: which reminds me of this one lol .....

• Advertisement

wudnt mind knowing the track at 2:10 lol.and lol at the guy that gives him the water.the lil gay nazi

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

aceberg wrote: »
    Are u sure that track is not Raindance.I had a loan of it on vinyl once and ripped it.I have it as Rainforest - Raindance.

Yeah could be alright, I just looked up the names off discogs till I found this one, I'd need to dig out the vinyl to see which is which - but its this track anyway, whatever the name is!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Finally got around to picking up a copy of this - I heard it first on the David Holmes Essential Mix from 1993 and really wanted to hear the full track but it wasn't appearing on YT so I had to sort that!

Up Above The World - Trying To Reach You

:D:D:D 'kin choonage m8

the one at the top of the page is a monster as well, love the beats in it ;)

pinkie's playin some early 90s stuff here on oos now as well

• Advertisement

i like his style and livin life in the fastlane,hes funny too, but like any A list celeb.detatched from reality.he doesnt give a ****,id say he"ll be dead in a year or 2

i like his style and livin life in the fastlane,hes funny too, but like any A list celeb.detatched from reality.he doesnt give a ****,id say he"ll be dead in a year or 2

i love two and a half men mate, watch it every week, but the sh1t he's been comin out with in the last coupla weeks and the way he's been actin is just pathetic imo. it's one thing to have an addiction and not acknowledge it, but he's a fcukin fruit loop altogether.

Quote: "A rock star from Mars, full of tiger blood, riding his mercury surfboard through the tsunami of winning".

get a life charlie!!!

lol, yea, thats the crack.heres another vid.this one goes out to warner brothers and other film production companies.coz they all ****ed him out.if it wasnt for that he wudnt bother doin 2 and a half men.ya see in the video him portraying hes all fit working out and gettin clean,as for the women"hes another hugh hefner.or wants to be.but hes a great actor.platoon.which is my fav war film.wall street.and im just about to watch young guns now.ah well, i like em coz of the movies hes done, but sure talks some bollox.lol.thats how he rolls ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

lads does anybody have ED CASE - Dec ''96''

or

does anybody have an ED CASE mix with these tracks on it.

disco storia - the creators - first event,
    scorpio rising - nagasaki,
    sjef van leeuwen - voices of k a (angeles voices of eden remix)
    Nikolai - I'm Back

I have the first 1 on tape it's just a matter of converting but if somebody already has it,it will save me the hassle.I'm sure i did rip it b4.The other i'm sure does exist but i can't find it.

:eek: Dont want to come across as a "tree hugger" but was made aware of this earlier tonight, it's not just the obvious issue that concerns me but more rather the knock on effect, if this is going ahead and the Irish public are been kept in the dark about it, then whats next up for grabs? It just strikes me that NOTHING seems sacred anymore here in The Former Republic of Ireland :mad:

http://www.woodlandleague.org/

sorry for steering off topic again!

lol, yea, thats the crack.heres another vid.this one goes out to warner brothers and other film production companies.coz they all ****ed him out.if it wasnt for that he wudnt bother doin 2 and a half men.ya see in the video him portraying hes all fit working out and gettin clean,as for the women"hes another hugh hefner.or wants to be.but hes a great actor.platoon.which is my fav war film.wall street.and im just about to watch young guns now.ah well, i like em coz of the movies hes done, but sure talks some bollox.lol.thats how he rolls ha

i'd never take it away from him with the actin, been in some great films and shows over the years and always delivered on screen.
    but i can't help but feel the way he's headin he'll be dead before his 50th birthday, sad really coz i do like him and would love him to get his sh1t together but i can't see it happenin tbh.

:eek: Dont want to come across as a "tree hugger" but was made aware of this earlier tonight, it's not just the obvious issue that concerns me but more rather the knock on effect, if this is going ahead and the Irish public are been kept in the dark about it, then whats next up for grabs? It just strikes me that NOTHING seems sacred anymore here in The Former Republic of Ireland :mad:

http://www.woodlandleague.org/

sorry for steering off topic again!

yeah thats true alright G, heard it a while back the forrests were up for sale, scum bags we have in power in this country man, every one of them!!!

:D Thats what i'll watch!! nice 1 m8, been thinking, "theres fook all on, what'll I watch" ....class films, love them! some laugh when "Chavez" gets them whacked out on mushies lol ..... think i'll dig them out n have a modern old western night lol .....
    Platoon is another cracking flick! poor aul Charlie boy.....Charlie by name n nature!! ......s'funny that the rave scene for many began n ended with Charlie (or Charly) but I dont think we could take the advice of this Charlie lol "Charlie says ......a while lotta **** lately" lol a proper Charlie :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement