Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

JCarey70 wrote: »
    More Old Skule - did this last Friday night on my Hecules DJ Control MP3 E 2. Turned out alright... Jay Carey - Rainbow Spirit - click link below... http://snd.sc/ebkIoF

That's a sexy waveform Jay.... ;) - lovin' it. Proper Job,..... (now dig out that ' You Dont Get Stop ' WAVE...... not that tape dupe you posted last time ;) ... the tape dupe was a dead give away,, you can hear the motor from the deck running after the tune ends. :eek: )... it still blew me away though. (Post a track list, some of them are eluding me)

PS- Ahhh Jay... your killing me, WTF is that at 54mins.... Warren i'll love this, though the Wick Malsh will most likely try a copyright hit on you, not that he can, he might try it on though knowing him...... It's all good. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

Straight from the VHS archive... nice1 J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music

Have this little pic of that a good while now:D

131994.jpg
    EarlERizer wrote: »
    :eek: Dont want to come across as a "tree hugger" but was made aware of this earlier tonight, it's not just the obvious issue that concerns me but more rather the knock on effect, if this is going ahead and the Irish public are been kept in the dark about it, then whats next up for grabs? It just strikes me that NOTHING seems sacred anymore here in The Former Republic of Ireland :mad:

http://www.woodlandleague.org/

sorry for steering off topic again!

It will be resisted:mad:

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Haven't a clue. Sort of stopped digging on Hard Trance around 94 so anything released after then I'd be very sketchy on indeed, sorry bout that... :confused:

I refuse to hear it:eek:.......probably the greatest tape ever made in my opinion is IGNORANCE,

Less of your trolling Jay:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

ha do you copy the url video or embed codes?how do i download? wat do i click?

Alright Holy , The way I did it was thus ....

1. Hover over the top right hand corner of the vid, you get a 'download this video' option to download to realplayer.Clck it!
    2. Download realplayer when prompted (if you've not already got it)
    3. When it downloads to realplayer you can then convert it from there to a 'wmv' file and save it to your pc.
    4.Open the newly created wmv file with 'Windows Live Movie Maker' or whichever tool you usually use to make a vid.
    5. (In Windows Live Movie Maker).Select 'edit' -'set volume' and move the volume bar to '0' or its lowest point.
    6. Go back to the 'home' tab , choose 'Add Music' , select the track/mix you want to use. *note* Be sure to crop/edit/trim the vid to fit the track/mix.
    7. Preveiw your 'new' video and if your satisfied with it, click the down arrow on the first tab (top left hand side) and save it to whatever format you want from the menu...... or alternatively you can go straight to youtube download option from the main screen (top right hand side - you'll see the YT logo)

Hope that helps.
    :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Alright Holy , The way I did it was thus ....

1. Hover over the top right hand corner of the vid, you get a 'download this video' option to download to realplayer.Clck it!
    2. Download realplayer when prompted (if you've not already got it)
    3. When it downloads to realplayer you can then convert it from there to a 'wmv' file and save it to your pc.
    4.Open the newly created wmv file with 'Windows Live Movie Maker' or whichever tool you usually use to make a vid.
    5. (In Windows Live Movie Maker).Select 'edit' -'set volume' and move the volume bar to '0' or its lowest point.
    6. Go back to the 'home' tab , choose 'Add Music' , select the track/mix you want to use. *note* Be sure to crop/edit/trim the vid to fit the track/mix.
    7. Preveiw your 'new' video and if your satisfied with it, click the down arrow on the first tab (top left hand side) and save it to whatever format you want from the menu...... or alternatively you can go straight to youtube download option from the main screen (top right hand side - you'll see the YT logo)

Hope that helps.
    :cool:

G the local tech whizz-kid :D what happened the technophobia :rolleyes:

es-cee wrote: »
    G the local tech whizz-kid :D what happened the technophobia :rolleyes:

:D lol yeah , all this idle time put to good use lol, i have a great step by step guide for anyone looking to get hooked up with Audacity too!!! lol

Nah m8, i just tried it there a while back when i was doing that DJ Crack vid for YT, liked it, glad it turned out and all but fook me it took nearly 45 mins just to upload to YT lol ...... tech whizz i aint but the technophobia is slowly coming under control (he says :o) ..... "hmmm wonder what that button does"

I'm that confident with technology now, if anyone has tapes or vinyls they want converted,giz a shout!! :) lol

:D lol yeah , all this idle time put to good use lol, i have a great step by step guide for anyone looking to get hooked up with Audacity too!!! lol

Nah m8, i just tried it there a while back when i was doing that DJ Crack vid for YT, liked it, glad it turned out and all but fook me it took nearly 45 mins just to upload to YT lol ...... tech whizz i aint but the technophobia is slowly coming under control (he says :o) ..... "hmmm wonder what that button does"

I'm that confident with technology now, if anyone has tapes or vinyls they want converted,giz a shout!! :) lol

:D:D:D

i have a nice detroit techno mix on the upload atm, will post it soon as shes finished, from 1988 - 1992, just have it playin here now, absolutely love the stuff now haha.

Crackin mix of oldskool techno from the home of techno too :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?tyv0oz2deqmdqc3

Tracklist:

1. Reel By Real- Aftermath (Album Version) 10 Records 1990
    2. Rhythim Is Rhythim- Feel Surreal (Subconscious Mix) Transmat 1988
    3. R-Tyme- R-Theme (Mayday Mix) Transmat 1989
    4. Rhythim Is Rhythim- Beyond The Dance (Bizarro Mix) Transmat 1988
    5. Mayday- Freestyle (Bongo Mix) Pheerce City 1988
    6. Shakir- Sequence 10 (10 Records 1988)
    7. Juan- Techno Music (10 Records 1988)
    8. States Of Mind- Elements Of Tone (Richie's Dream Mix) Plus 8 Records 1990
    9. We R Who We R- Derivative (Kirk Smith Techno Mix) 2020 Records 1990
    10. Mayday- Wiggin' (Master Reese Mix) Pheerce Citi 1988
    11. Shake- Sonar 123 (Interface Records 1990)
    12. Reese- Inside Out (Fragile Records 1991)
    13. Cybersonik- Technarchy (Plus 8 Records 1990)
    14. States Of Mind- Destiny (Champion Records 1991)
    15. Cybersonik- Cabaret 7 (Champion Records 1991)
    16. F.U.S.E.- Refused (Champion Records 1991)
    17. Bfc- Evolution (Fragile Records 1990)
    18. Cybersonik- Carousel (Plus 8 Records 1990)
    19. Reese And Santonio- Groovin' Without A Doubt (Re-Mix) Kool Kat Records 1988
    20. Kevin Saunderson- The Groove That Won't Stop (Kool Kat Records 1988)
    21. Octave One- I Believe (Magic Juan Mix) Transmat 1990
    22. Octave One- Nicolette (430 West 1991)
    23. States Of Mind- Audio Q-5a (The Zone Out Mix) Plus 8 Records 1990
    24. Reese- Just Want Another Chance (Mix 3) Incognito Records 1988
    25. Yennek- Serena X (Inner Zone Mix) Buzz Records 1992
    26. Kenny Larkin- Manik Man (Champion Records 1991)
    27. World 2 World- Greater Than Yourself (Underground Resistance 1992)

:D:D:D

i have a nice detroit techno mix on the upload atm, will post it soon as shes finished, from 1988 - 1992, just have it playin here now, absolutely love the stuff now haha.

:D:D:D lol man you change your "tune" every coupla days lol I thought you were presently loving dark dnb or dubstep or ........ fook I cant keep up!! lol

Good stuff Es!

• Advertisement

:D:D:D lol man you change your "tune" every coupla days lol I thought you were presently loving dark dnb or dubstep or ........ fook I cant keep up!! lol

Good stuff Es!

i change dependin on me mood G lol, nice sunny days like today deserve up beat classic tuneage like this and house. crackin stuff this is tho, only really got into detroit stuff in the last year or so as its a pox to find singles for dl anywere on the net from 80's to early 90's, but came across this mix and a few others that i will upload later on, some newer detroit stuff there as well that i found yesterday thats well worth a listen ;)
    anyway, i'm off out now to get some fresh air, till laterz bro :)

i change dependin on me mood G lol, nice sunny days like today deserve up beat classic tuneage like this and house. crackin stuff this is tho, only really got into detroit stuff in the last year or so as its a pox to find singles for dl anywere on the net from 80's to early 90's, but came across this mix and a few others that i will upload later on, some newer detroit stuff there as well that i found yesterday thats well worth a listen ;)

Like they say .....a change is as good as a rest!!! lol ,you know if ya weren't such as fussy fook you could nab all the classic 80's early 90's stuff ya wanted from YT lol you n your 320kbps insistance lol :rolleyes:

nah bothers buddy, chat ya laters!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Gen:FX wrote: »
    That's a sexy waveform Jay.... ;) - lovin' it. Proper Job,..... (now dig out that ' You Dont Get Stop ' WAVE...... not that tape dupe you posted last time ;) ... the tape dupe was a dead give away,, you can hear the motor from the deck running after the tune ends. :eek: )... it still blew me away though. (Post a track list, some of them are eluding me)

You're dead right it was a tape. What I did was I got a lend of a load of 12"s off MW and just recorded them on cassette tape, then ran the tape through the software and cut them all up into separate tracks. When I last spoke to you about it I forgot that was how I did it. Excuse the confusion. Will have to get a lend of the 12" again and do it straight in from scratch to get the best possible quality. That's if he'll lend it to me now :D

See below for the track listing as requested:

Jay Carey - Rainbow Spirit

Artist - Title

1. The Hypnotist - Rainbows in the sky
    2. Incubus - Spirit
    3. Investigator Base - Murder one
    4. Investigator Base - To be continued
    5. Latour - Blue (Hermes Trance mix)
    6. Joey Beltram - The Reflex
    7. Frequency - Where is your evidence
    8. Timebase feat. Kromozone - Unity
    9. Tigers In Space - Untitled Revolution
    10. The House Crew - We Are Hardcore (Magic Fantasy mix)
    11. Sy Kick - Nasty
    12. Sy Kick - The Journey
    13. Manix - Hardcore Junglism
    14. NRGex - Acid Rain
    15. 4 hero - Burning
    16. Kev Bird & Wax Doctor - Dark Matter
    17. Goldie - Kemistry (Original 1992 Version)
    18. Sun Electric - --) And --(
    19. Sven Vath - An accident in paradise
    Gen:FX wrote: »
    PS- Ahhh Jay... your killing me, WTF is that at 54mins.... Warren i'll love this, though the Wick Malsh will most likely try a copyright hit on you, not that he can, he might try it on though knowing him...... It's all good. ;-)

Knew it wouldn't be long before you twigged it. One of my fav NRGex tracks, I'm sure MW won't mind :pac: Sort of a tribute to NRGex from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

thanks earl for those step by step instructions.this is the video i wanted to copy and put own music to it.nowonder i couldnt download vid.have 2 download real player thanks.if the guy with video complains..he can kiss my ass.ha.nice1 buddy...look at him go!!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Good stuff Es!

Not only that, but most of that era of detroit techno wouldn't push much past 125bpm! :pac:

Quality track from 1994...

Department of Dance - Dear Mate

Two really good comps below you might want to check out if you're into the Detroit stuff. Just click the images to go to their respective Discogs pages.

True People: The Detroit Techno Album

R-12123-001.jpg

Tresor II - Berlin & Detroit - A Techno alliance

R-48297-001.jpg

Not only that, but most of that era of detroit techno wouldn't push much past 125bpm! :pac:

think thats what i like about it most tbh SD, not into really repetative techno with earthquake beats lol, hate hardcore-techno/gabber, drives me fcukin mad that sh1t. but detroit stuff especially 80s stuff is nice tuneage with a decent bpm that ya can chill out to as well as get your dance on in a club to. a bit of minimal is good too, bit weird but good none the less if your into trippier kinda sounds.

not oldskool but a monster track!!

• Advertisement

think thats what i like about it most tbh SD, not into really repetative techno with earthquake beats lol, hate hardcore-techno/gabber, drives me fcukin mad that sh1t. but detroit stuff especially 80s stuff is nice tuneage with a decent bpm that ya can chill out to as well as get your dance on in a club to. a bit of minimal is good too, bit weird but good none the less if your into trippier kinda sounds.

Yeah agreed, I'm a huge fan of detroit techno and listen to it a lot more than most other genres. Its probably what has me most broke in terms of being a complete anorak and going after as many rare and hard to get albums from over the years!

Can't beat a bit of 'Desire' by Carl Craig... on the more chilled side of detroit from the mid 90s.

Another fckin gem, this from Kenny Larkin and of the much more bangin variety... quality track.

Kenny Larkin - Loop 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Billy Mays wrote: »

Jupiter Jazz is one of all time fav tracks. Classic UR.

Yeah UR have some of the best alright, absolute quality stuff.

And then of course Red Planet, every single release a gem.

The Martian - Star Dancer

The Martian - Lost Transmission From Earth

The Martian - Sunchaser

Then some detroit electro from Drexciya - terrible the crap in more recent years using the name electro, nothing remotely like it.

Drexciya - Digital Tsunami

Drexciya - Birth Of New Life

Drexciya
    James Marcel Stinson, Gerald Donald
    Profile:
    Detroit electro-techno outfit Drexciya was conceived in 1989, but first came into the public eye in 1994 with "Aquatic Invasion" - the first of a thematic series of releases. Drexciya's James Stinson and Gerald Donald remained hidden behind their alias for much of the group's existence, communicating a complex personal mythology of a "Drexciyan" race of underwater dwellers descended from pregnant slave women thrown overboard during trans-Atlantic deportation. Within this fiction, their music - which they claimed was recorded "live in the studio" rather than programmed - was imagined as a "dimensional jumphole" between their black African roots and the contemporary USA.

Sadly Stinson died suddenly on 3rd September 2002 of a heart condition. Donald continues to produce music under other names.
    http://www.discogs.com/artist/Drexciya

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Yeah UR have some of the best alright, absolute quality stuff.

And then of course Red Planet, every single release a gem.

The Martian - Star Dancer

The Martian - Lost Transmission From Earth

The Martian - Sunchaser

Fckin love that Stardancer track. As good as it gets for me. Would love to hear it on a big system. Mike Banks = genius

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Back from London after an epic weekend, thought I'd share a little of Saturday...

I went record shopping on Saturday afternoon - was staying with a mate who's living in Bethnal Green, we only got back to his gaff at 3pm after a night boozing in town, then back to Clapham where some other mates are living, 5 hours sleep there so was feeling a little rough.

Had a shower and was himming and hawing about whether to go down to Phonica or not, decided fúck it - I'm only here for the weekend so had a can of coke and off I went. Got to Phonica, pulled a dozen or so to listen to, getting into it again (haven't been record shopping like that in a while, usually only online) and came across this cracker:

As I was listening to it, my eyes caught sight of a flyer on the wall "Carl Craig playing today in the shop, 6-8pm, Free Tiger beer". I knew he was playing a gig later that night, a 20 years of Planet E event (I'd been looking up resident advisor to see what was going on, we were undecided whether to go to that gig or Fabric). So after finishing listening I got chatting to the counter staff, it was 5.30 and sure enough the man himself was coming to the shop to play some music at 6pm, they'd be closing the doors soon as it was beginning to fill up. They said they'd loads of Tiger to get rid of, so stick around!

So I hung around, the shop was packed by 6 with a queue down the road. The beer was flowing, and when he showed up there was a real atmosphere building. He said a few words - thanked everyone for their support over the last 20 years, here's to another 20 kind of thing. Here's a shakey camera phone snap of himself, the ginger guy on the left is Matt Edwards (Radioslave) who was also due to play at the gig, would be a big fan of his as well.

150812.jpg

He then started to play some excellent music, atmosphere building with the likes of this:

Decision was made then we were going to his gig later on. It was in a place called Ewer Street car park, or "the warehouse in SE1" as everyone called it. It was a proper old school warehouse rave. A big main room, and one smaller room, bar, smoking area, portoloos for toilets, huge sound systems. Went on the hunt for some recreationals, nearly giving up and came across some scousers - 30 quid for a gramme of m d m a. Now I've been doing a few yokes over the last year since they've started making 'real' ones again, but after taking that stuff last Saturday I'm pretty dubious again about what's in those pills, because this stuff... oh... my... god. Haven't had that feeling in a long long time. Really loved up, that sense of perspective and clarity, was feeling the music inside me as well as hearing it. Lots of visual and audio hallucinations during the night - went to the jacks and coming back every second person I thought was the mate that was with me, trippy. At the same time not paranoid, just enjoying the buzz, felt very clean and natural. Those kind of nights don't come around very often at all.

There was one particular track that blew me away on the night. I'll be on the hunt now for the next while trying to find out what it was...

In the meantime, here's another 69 (Carl Craig) one:

Edit: Found the track
    Nic Fanciulli - Caller Id
    It was during Radioslave's set, and it was slightly different to what he played (his own unreleased remix I'm sure), it sounded unbelievable on a loud system

Last Edit: Here's a vid of Carl Craig dropping Falling Up

• Advertisement

:D Love this tune!

.....and it's a goodnight from him! :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement