Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

hmm i do malware scans and my videos are grand.download (superantispyware) free edition.its great and free.oh and a program called (regsofts.com) also free and very good, its a registry cleaner,either one of them will sort ur system out,
    http://www.superantispyware.com/ do a full scan.then ull have to reboot to to apply the changes. then log back on and click (manage quarantine) to get rid of the spyware.you can do a costom scan too.and same again. it sounds like u have spyware alright.the regsofts is very good too. speeds up your pc.all the other reg cleaners are chargin 50 euros and more.2 very good programs those

Cheers Holy Mac ill give it a bash now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Any one ever make The Mrs Woods or Blu Peter gigs in The Ormonde?

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

I heard in the grape vine, that the Sound Crowd are having a once off gig in 2012, has anybody heard anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I heard in the grape vine, that the Sound Crowd are having a once off gig in 2012, has anybody heard anything?

Nope not heard anything but I would definitely go to that! Keep us posted if you hear anything else. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Where is this grape vine you heard this on?

Planning a gig for 2012 in early march 2011 doesnt sound plausible to me:(

• Advertisement

Where is this grape vine you heard this on?

Planning a gig for 2012 in early march 2011 doesnt sound plausible to me:(

Check out Pierce Rooney's post on his Facebook page,
    scrool down till you see the green Sound Crowd Youtube link.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Yeah looks like its definitely going ahead as Jason Dee has announced it on his RTE Pulse radio show earlier on today!!

Love this Version of this tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

:mad: for the benefit of those of us 'allergic' to Farcebook (albeit a small minority of seemingly 1 :o) could someone post a link to the youtube link (not the arseaboutfacebook one) relating to this reunion?

Thanks
    G

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slim

Old Skool Fridays Kick Off @ 8.30-12 With Myself Winnie Dillon Live On The Decks.Tune In Folks.Live Webcam Broadcast
    www.techradio.org

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :mad: for the benefit of those of us 'allergic' to Farcebook (albeit a small minority of seemingly 1 :o) could someone post a link to the youtube link (not the arseaboutfacebook one) relating to this reunion?

Thanks
    G

There is no link mate, Pierce Rooney posted a Sound Crowd vid on his page, and put on the top, SOUND CROWD **REUNION** once off gig is coming in 2012 .. Roll On !!

There is no link mate, Pierce Rooney posted a Sound Crowd vid on his page, and put on the top, SOUND CROWD **REUNION** once off gig is coming in 2012 .. Roll On !!

Cheers m8!

Might not be everyones cuppa but ......One of the finest albums of a generation is to be re-released (re-mastered edit)on CD & Vinyl!! special edition box sets on Monday to mark it's 20th Anniversary.

I still have my original copy bought waaaaay back in '91 (bought on the strenght of 1. Loaded & 2. reading that the lead vocalist was a passionate Bhoys fan)......no not Rod Stewart lol

:cool: Coooooler than a polar bears pi$$!!

sample taken from this film ....

.....and a cracking mashup of same tune with Public Enemy's 'Dont believe the hype'

so , Just what is it you wanna do??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

es-cee wrote: »

:D jaysus Es , ya only discovering that now? lol .......absolute killer tune , pity it's on the Moody Shadow label *spits*

Here's a coupla others that compliment the above 'inda mix'

*note* 'inda mix' as witnessed by me not practised by lol :o

Might not be everyones cuppa but ......One of the finest albums of a generation is to be re-released (re-mastered edit)on CD & Vinyl!! special edition box sets on Monday to mark it's 20th Anniversary.

I still have my original copy bought waaaaay back in '91 (bought on the strenght of 1. Loaded & 2. reading that the lead vocalist was a passionate Bhoys fan)......no not Rod Stewart lol

Love that track, Loaded, one of my Favs,
    Brings back some memorys,
    Come Together is another good track off Screamadelica.

Love that track, Loaded, one of my Favs,

There was a wicked pumped up remix of it bitd, a faster stomping version aimed at the 'ravers' but fooked if i can find it on YT :confused: i'm not sure if it was a one off or what and again not sure if it was by DJ Andy Wheaterall before he joined the band (he used to DJ the raves in Brighton and was a mate of Gillespies - a hardline space cadet of the brighton rave scene during 'screams formative years 87-90 )

talk-to-frank.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

:cool: Coooooler than a polar bears pi$$!!

sample taken from this film ....

.....and a cracking mashup of same tune with Public Enemy's 'Dont believe the hype'

I'll defo pick this up on vinyl, have the CD since back then but would have to celebrate the anniversary and grab the vinyl. Andy Weatherall is da man!

Actually, on the subject of Andrew Weatherall, another production gem of his was 'Morning Dove White' by One Dove... brilliant album and a real typical Weatherall sound, up there with Screamadelica but much less famous.

http://www.discogs.com/One-Dove-Morning-Dove-White/release/73461

Fallen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

LOL Word does travel, thought if was top secret. Had lunch with Mark and tim and Brian today. There at the very beginning stages of planning it. Venue etc.. There very serious about it and if it was a success there would be more..

• Advertisement

LOL Word does travel, thought if was top secret. Had lunch with Mark and tim and Brian today. There at the very beginning stages of planning it. Venue etc.. There very serious about it and if it was a success there would be more..

Nice 1 P , Be sure to keep us all informed as it developes :D ...........gotta love that secret society "Farcebook" lol :D

I stuck this up on YT when the duration limit was lifted, the feckers have me back at 15 mins now!!! :(

Anyway, its James VS The Sabres of Paradise so keeping on the Weatherall theme. The track is the 2 sides of the EP and over 30 mins long so you'd need to plan the time to listen, its absolute quality though and develops into so many different elements as it progresses... perfect for a stone :pac:

James vs Sabres of Paradise - Jam J (Arena Dub - Sabresonic Tremelo Dub)

As one does on a Friday :pac: :D

I'd say there'd be a big crowd keen to see them again alright - seems quite a way out though to be planning for 2012... why so long?

Nice 1 P , Be sure to keep us all informed as it developes :D ...........gotta love that secret society "Farcebook" lol :D

Yeah i know, Have to say i was surprised to see it mentioned here and FB :)
    Seems to be creating a bit of a buzz though...

Will keep you posted on any developments...

As one does on a Friday :pac: :D

I'd say there'd be a big crowd keen to see them again alright - seems quite a way out though to be planning for 2012... why so long?

LOL yeah i know. to be Honest i never met Mark untill today, I know Tim years and brian is there Manager i think or Tim's manager? Sound lads!

Just D/L the movie the Fighter, any good anyone?

LOL yeah i know. to be Honest i never met Mark untill today, I know Tim years and brian is there Manager i think or Tim's manager? Sound lads!

Are they still involved in music in any other form?

:rolleyes:Next we'll be sat around small aluminium tables outside some arty farty cafe,with ponytails in our hair,talking about the merits & socioinclusive syncronisaties between Techstep,Jump funk and Noveau Vox Trance in comparision to the solocratic elitist oldskool Jungle versus House whilst sipping expresso's and smoking eviromentally friendly faux cigarettes intoxicated in the exubberance of our own verbosity!!:D

And going home to try the latest sounds on one of these fookin contraptions :rolleyes:

This thing is fookin hideous........"cap'n I'm experiencing anomolies in the main deck" lol

I knew it :rolleyes: lol .......... so ,how was lunch? :P

Just D/L the movie the Fighter, any good anyone?

It's watchable,certainly not the box office smash the critics raved about,but a good watch for free :D

I watch them here,without downloading
    http://www.solarmovie.com/

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Favourite track on Screamadelica. Love the piano at 3:25. Think they're touring England at the moment playing the full album. Would love to catch them. Hopefully they'll pencil in a gig over here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement