Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

hahahaha, thats a good one :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

does anyone know what mix of Joe t vanelli - Play with the voices is the speeded up mix...heard it a couple of times on rhythm fm 94.2 few years ago...they used to always play it there....its like the version in germany but much faster especially th last 2 minutes more uplifting tempo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

When Rave ruled - 1992

Lads - check out this TOTP video from 1992, in the countdown to the top 10 there are 4 Rave tunes ALONE, you'd never see that thesedays, live PA is Istonik - Different Strokes.:)

WHAT A RAVE THIS WAS, ONE OF MY TRIPS ACROSS TO ENGLAND BACK IN THE DAY :)

check out all 10 vids from that Rave cant be ars*d posting them all, cant see myself in any of them mind you there was a couple of thousand there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jonnny68 wrote: »
    When Rave ruled - 1992

Lads - check out this TOTP video from 1992, in the countdown to the top 10 there are 4 Rave tunes ALONE, you'd never see that thesedays, live PA is Istonik - Different Strokes.:)

Ahh yes, roobarb & custard:D

I remember them as being a world apart from most of the other e's around at the time, yellow & redish capsules,

istockphoto_5656287-red-and-yellow-capsule-pills.jpg

Never thought twice about necking capsules back then but wouldnt touch em with a barge pole now.

Ahh yes, roobarb & custard:D

I remember them as being a world apart from most of the other e's around at the time, yellow & redish capsules,

istockphoto_5656287-red-and-yellow-capsule-pills.jpg

Never thought twice about necking capsules back then but wouldnt touch em with a barge pole now.
    ahhhh yes i remember them well:D one of the first ever yokes i done was a red and black capsule a New Yorker, pure MDMA :)

• Advertisement

Another long gone gem, not the track (but it is a good un also) the pink champagne was simply marvelous stuff, lasted for literally hours & hours, went down great with purple ohms lsd,

purple-ohms-thumb.jpg

Or ying yangs,

95068a.jpg

Mostly the good stuff was off white yellowish in colour and smells odd.....Mmmmmmmm.

I wonder what tune was about then :pac::D:D

Another long gone gem, not the track (but it is a good un also) the pink champagne was simply marvelous stuff, lasted for literally hours & hours.

Mostly the good stuff was off white yellowish in colour and smells odd.....Mmmmmmmm.

theres been a, well not a debate but a general conversation on another site i'm a member of about pink champagne and, the general consensus is that it was great stuff indeed. apparently the best stuff was out in 1990/91 but the pink colour is a red food colouring which means the off white stuff your talking about would be purer and better i think. i can't speak from 1st hand experience as i've never done the stuff and was little more than a baby in 1990 when it was supposed to be at its strongest so i'm guessing some of you on here can fill me in. was it as good as base or not?

I wonder what tune was about then :pac::D:D

i think happy stuff from 94/95 is decent tunage, some gems from
    that time, after that it really got silly :D

i like this tune musically, but i hate chipmunk vocals with a passion.
    they can be alright if its just a quick phrase or one word thrown in
    every now and then, but i hate verses of it, really gives the track
    a cheesy quality that even a good musical track like above can't
    recover from imo. would love to get an instrumental version of this
    track tho, because the music is tops in it, its just the vocals that
    stop me playin it more often :(

es-cee wrote: »
    theres been a, well not a debate but a general conversation on another site i'm a member of about pink champagne and, the general consensus is that it was great stuff indeed. apparently the best stuff was out in 1990/91 but the pink colour is a red food colouring which means the off white stuff your talking about would be purer and better i think. i can't speak from 1st hand experience as i've never done the stuff and was little more than a baby in 1990 when it was supposed to be at its strongest so i'm guessing some of you on here can fill me in. was it as good as base or not?

Well the stuff i would be referring to would have been base speed, it was kind of moist when you got it & yellowish, by jaysus it was great stuff, its not a long gone product either just have to know someone who will sell you it before its cut to bits, guy i got it off only a couple of years back reckoned most speed you get on the street was cut at least 10 times & he reckoned the stuff he was getting was only cut twice or once.

It twas powerful stuff i can tell ya & would induce rushes like E's of old, hallucinations if you ate enough of it:pac: (we did:D) & panic attacks if you were that way inclined.(wreck everyones buzz)

Ahh, four boxes of beer, a half ounce of base speed & some mushrooms or acid depending on time of year was the staple diet for the first half of the 2000's every weekend.

Well the stuff i would be referring to would have been base speed, it was kind of moist when you got it & yellowish, by jaysus it was great stuff, its not a long gone product either just have to know someone who will sell you it before its cut to bits, guy i got it off only a couple of years back reckoned most speed you get on the street was cut at least 10 times & he reckoned the stuff he was getting was only cut twice or once.

It twas powerful stuff i can tell ya & would induce rushes like E's of old, hallucinations if you ate enough of it:pac: (we did:D) & panic attacks if you were that way inclined.(wreck everyones buzz)

Ahh, four boxes of beer, a half ounce of base speed & some mushrooms or acid depending on time of year was the staple diet for the first half of the 2000's every weekend.

base can still be gotten if ya know the right people as can acid and decent acid at that. few mates of mine were off their nuts on them a few weeks back lol, funny lookin at others out of it when your just drinkin.
    but a mate of mine had base last november i think it was, wasn't yellow more a greyish colour and was like a fine putty texture to feel. apparently it was decent stuff but i didn't do it as i hate bein left without sleep for days on end :D

can some1 do me a favour and see if you can dl these without them timing out?
    after tryin bout 5 or 6 times and each time it fookin stalls on me :(

http://www.ableton.com/able10-artist-packs

http://www.ableton.com/minus

they are ableton live packs for the ableton programme.

cheers, es :)

can some1 do me a favour and see if you can dl these without them timing out?
    after tryin bout 5 or 6 times and each time it fookin stalls on me :(

http://www.ableton.com/able10-artist-packs

http://www.ableton.com/minus

they are ableton live packs for the ableton programme.

cheers, es :)

Its downloading now for me no bother?

• Advertisement

they get to about 600MB for me then time out, even tho i'm getting 2MB dl speed :(

did the dl complete or time out key?

did the dl complete or time out key?

Wont get to tell ya today, im on a seriously slow line here & its only at 400MB now & i have to go, will give it a lash in the morning but seeing as it has been downloading for ages now without timing out i would imagine the answer will be its something your end.

Wont get to tell ya today, im on a seriously slow line here & its only at 400MB now & i have to go, will give it a lash in the morning but seeing as it has been downloading for ages now without timing out i would imagine the answer will be its something your end.

i'm after getting the 1.4GB file down thanks god lol, i have the 1.3 file downing now, hopefully it completes this time round.

cheers man.

*EDIT* i got the other one down too, cheers man.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Another long gone gem, not the track (but it is a good un also) the pink champagne was simply marvelous stuff, lasted for literally hours & hours, went down great with purple ohms lsd,

purple-ohms-thumb.jpg

Or ying yangs,

95068a.jpg

Ha yeah I remember that pink champagne alright, mad stuff - many a time went into the Saturday or Sunday early shift still buzzing away on that stuff, crap though when the ultimate come-down kicked in half way through the day. Cats piss and snow coke were another two I remember back then :pac:

Listening back over some of my YT favs and saw this gem, smooooth.

Technomania - Let The Energy Flow

Another from my favourites on YT, fckin great track this - a real head fck in the right state of mind :pac:

Exit 100 - Circuits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i42x_A0XyHI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

anyone have a rip of
    Global Cee - Crazy (Sean Dexter's Extentions mix?might buy it.so just thought id ask if any1 has it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement