Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

Subject wrote: »
    BH Sunday June 5th at The Twisted Pepper

Stage:
    SL2 [DJ Slipmatt & MC Jay J] - Old Skool DJ Set 1988 - 1992 [XL - London]
    & support

Basement:
    Octave One - Live [430 West - Detroit]
    & support

Mezz & Cafe:
    Tbc

Full details soon...

www.subjectevents.com
    www.facebook.com/subjectevents

Facebook Event Page: http://on.fb.me/fTuW7A
    Advance tickets: http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/store | http://www.tickets.ie

SL2 - On A Ragga Tip:

SL2 - Drumbeats:

SL2 - Way In My Brain (Remix):

SL2 - DJ's Take Control:

Psychotropic - Hypnosis (SL2 Remix):

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Subject wrote: »

thinkin bout goin the this meself, slipmatts a savage dj, rocked the temple theatre in 2002 i think it was. felt sorry for pressure gettin on after him haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

senan s wrote: »
    didn't fathers day was that late in june, i'll only be back from 2 weeks in Ibiza, must see can i get it off lol

Don't think it is that late meself Senan but that'll be my Fathers Day.Will have to stay good.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

aceberg wrote: »
    Don't think it is that late meself Senan but that'll be my Fathers Day.Will have to stay good.:D

It's usually the first week in June .....the week before my birthday :D so i'll most definitely be banking "going out" points that month!!!

EarlERizer wrote: »
    It's usually the first week in June .....the week before my birthday :D so i'll most definitely be banking "going out" points that month!!!

slipmatt in the twisted pepper ;)

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    slipmatt in the twisted pepper ;)

Same nite is it es.

used to love this 1.

aceberg wrote: »
    Same nite is it es.

don't know if its the same day ace, maybe the day before i think?

slipmatt tho, if ya'v never seen this lad live before, ya really need to!!!

he's fcukin unreal mixin up an oldskool set, pissed all over keno flanagan &
    pressure that night in the temple. was an oldskool gig and keno was playin
    house and stuff as usual then slipmatt got on and ran riot with hardcore,
    the place was mental. i'd say out of all the people there at least half wouldn't
    have heard any of the tunes he played before as they were never big over here
    but he had every1 rockin their socks off lol. great night, one of the many i'd
    love to relive. coulda done with another hardcore dj on after him tho,
    pressure slowed the tempo right down again to a crawl and the energy was
    gone. but the 2 hours or so slipmatt played were one of the best times i've
    ever had at a rave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

best version ive seen/heard so far ha what track is that?

some1 left a comment on the vid, saying this is how the interview went in his head ha

he's meant to be collaborating with snoop dogg on makin a new track, seriously now no mess lol.
    what a sell out that snoop dogg is, from gangsta rap to lady gaga videos and beyond,
    he's an inspiration to money hungry cúnts everywere :D

• Advertisement

he's meant to be collaborating with snoop dogg on makin a new track, seriously now no mess lol.
    what a sell out that snoop dogg is, from gangsta rap to lady gaga videos and beyond,
    he's an inspiration to money hungry cúnts everywere :D
    totally,switched on the box other day and he was rappin with a bunch of kids who were some ****** lookin boyband.yea hes a big sell out

heres a house mix i did on oos radio last night, just in case any of you are into a bitta nu-skool :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7crbjnv5a44zib6

http://www.youtube.com/user/charliesheen welcome to charlies world.lol, are u on anything right now? yea ofcourse im on a drug,,,its called charlie sheeennn,hes a mad pig,mad as 3 buses is charlie,lol

thats fcukiin gas man lol, what a fruit loop he is haha.

yea ah hes lost the plot.he must be wacked out of it every day.his latest gig was mad,shame,id like to see him in a new film or 2,but that ship sailed long ago,but it is very funny,lol

yea ah hes lost the plot.he must be wacked out of it every day.his latest gig was mad,shame,id like to see him in a new film or 2,but that ship sailed long ago,but it is very funny,lol

apparently he was boo'd out of it in detroit a coupla weeks back while on tour doin somethin or other haha.

they all kept shoutin loser at him, don't look like he's a winner in dertoit anyway haha.

I've changed my opinion on him, at first I thought it was a hilarious two fingers to the media, y'know , the actor playing up to the camera and been the clown the media were painting.............but now, I just think he's a pathetic joke that he doesnt get.

The leeches surrounding him and creaming off his 'episodes' are just typical money whores, his 'friend' & Agent "Bob" is quite happy to take his bull$hit and a fat cheque whilst agreeing with his babble, the two little slappers he's shacked up with are just free loading and encouraging his downward spiral.

I think poor Charlies heading towards a disastorous natural conclusion .....

"Reports just in that the actor & well known drug user Charlie Sheen was found dead today at home in his Calafornian Hillside mansion,it is believed he was found dead in his bedroom,a spokesperson for the Calafornian Police Dept said "It's too early to say what exactly was the cause of death but we were not surprised by the scene we found and we will have to wait for toxicologists to confirm any findings" .......and in other news today, X Factor rejects Jedward have announced a new sponsorship deal with Brylcream blah blah blah .......

........... and then it's all yesterdays news :rolleyes:

Here's how most will remember him.

Charlie Sheen - Platoon :cool:
    Charlie Sheen - 2 1/2 men :D
    Charlie Sheen - Torpedo of truth :eek:
    Charlie Sheen - R.I.P. :rolleyes:

Now, back on topic , so June's looking like an interesting month :D:D Slipmatt @ TP , Asylum reunion @ vaults :D , Has it been confirmed if slipmatt is playing an oldskool hardcore set and not his more recent 'stuff' (hope so)

Now, back on topic , so June's looking like an interesting month :D:D Slipmatt @ TP , Asylum reunion @ vaults :D , Has it been confirmed if slipmatt is playing an oldskool hardcore set and not his more recent 'stuff'

he;s playin an 88 - 92/3 set G, should be bangin mate ;)

asylum reunion should be good buzz, hope they play hard trance, hate listenin to the same house tunes over & over & over again. variety is the spice of life after all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Liking the sound of that !!! :D

asylum reunion should be good buzz, hope they play hard trance, hate listenin to the same house tunes over & over & over again. variety is the spice of life after all :rolleyes:

Hmmm

OK You lot, so there's an Asylum reunion gig on the horizon, should we sit back and wait n see whats in store for us on the night? or should we mount a campaign to see if we can sway the sounds of the night? lol

Should it be "house music all night long" or should we be "trancing together" or get a right mixed bag of magic?

Caf, can you throw any light on whats in store for us? have you been talking to messers Mr.K,Mr.Walsh,Mr.Pressure n co? any idea's on how the nights sets are going to play out?

No doubt this one's going to be a biggie!!! should have a good gang from here getting out for the night, a possible future "legend" night we'll all keep talking about for the next few years :D

Don't know about anyone else but i'd love it if it was a strict over 30's policy at the door, nothing worse than an oldskool night full of pissed n coked up 20 yr olds with no 'connection' as to what the night should be (who more than likely were only conceived during our "summer of love" ) .... they just dont get it like we did,granted they may like the sounds n spend like its going out of fashion but for a true 'Asylum' feeling you just have to have been there..........i'm not discriminating i'm just an old fart!! :o

Hmmm

OK You lot, so there's an Asylum reunion gig on the horizon, should we sit back and wait n see whats in store for us on the night? or should we mount a campaign to see if we can sway the sounds of the night? lol

Should it be "house music all night long" or should we be "trancing together" or get a right mixed bag of magic?

Caf, can you throw any light on whats in store for us? have you been talking to messers Mr.K,Mr.Walsh,Mr.Pressure n co? any idea's on how the nights sets are going to play out?

No doubt this one's going to be a biggie!!! should have a good gang from here getting out for the night, a possible future "legend" night we'll all keep talking about for the next few years :D

Don't know about anyone else but i'd love it if it was a strict over 30's policy at the door, nothing worse than an oldskool night full of pissed n coked up 20 yr olds with no 'connection' as to what the night should be (who more than likely were only conceived during our "summer of love" ) .... they just dont get it like we did,granted they may like the sounds n spend like its going out of fashion but for a true 'Asylum' feeling you just have to have been there..........i'm not discriminating i'm just an old fart!! :o

I'd say the music styles will very on the nite.Bit of house bit of hard trance bit of progressive and i'd say the lads over on Tech radio will get onto the Djs that are playing on the nite and try sway them into playing proper Asylum sounds.

Hmmm

thats me fcuked so :D

can it be strict 28's and over hahahahaha ;):D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

I seen slipmat @ the 1st or 2nd R3volutions in the vaults in the old skool room he was the headliner & he was so disappointing as i was really looking forward to seeing him play, he played a lot of new re-mix's of old tunes but Pilgrim (Kenny) was on before him & he played a proper 89-92 set , it wud put me off going to see him but i might go id love 2 see lime play iv a few of his mix's from some old skool gigs over the last few yrs and there animal

DUB33 wrote: »
    I seen slipmat @ the 1st or 2nd R3volutions in the vaults in the old skool room he was the headliner & he was so disappointing as i was really looking forward to seeing him play, he played a lot of new re-mix's of old tunes but Pilgrim (Kenny) was on before him & he played a proper 89-92 set , it wud put me off going to see him but i might go id love 2 see lime play iv a few of his mix's from some old skool gigs over the last few yrs and there animal

he played a stormer in the temple man, oldskool to the core and he rocked the place ;) 2000+ punters rockin to the hardcore!!!! was a fcukin savage night.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

don't know if its the same day ace, maybe the day before i think?

slipmatt tho, if ya'v never seen this lad live before, ya really need to!!!

he's fcukin unreal mixin up an oldskool set, pissed all over keno flanagan &
    pressure that night in the temple. was an oldskool gig and keno was playin
    house and stuff as usual then slipmatt got on and ran riot with hardcore,
    the place was mental. i'd say out of all the people there at least half wouldn't
    have heard any of the tunes he played before as they were never big over here
    but he had every1 rockin their socks off lol. great night, one of the many i'd
    love to relive. coulda done with another hardcore dj on after him tho,
    pressure slowed the tempo right down again to a crawl and the energy was
    gone. but the 2 hours or so slipmatt played were one of the best times i've
    ever had at a rave.

pressure started out as a harcore breackbeat dj, my m8 got 4 of his mix's from 91/92 i ripped & U/L them a good few yrs ago i lost them a good while ago when my old laptop crashed but still hav the tapes so when i get the tapedeck back il re-rip them u wud b well into them :D

pressure started out as a harcore breackbeat dj, my m8 got 4 of his mix's from 91/92 i ripped & U/L them a good few yrs ago i lost them a good while ago when my old laptop crashed but still hav the tapes so when i get the tapedeck back il re-rip them u wud b well into them :D

let us know if ya get em ripped man, would be interested in hearin em, cheers.

• Advertisement

Never heard them ones Mark i must have missed that u/l.Have the WK ones alrite.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement