Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

isnt that bouncer there sayin ur names not down.... a famous london gangster or use to be,which they got to actually say that for that sample in that track, i seen him on a programme on tele talkin about gangsters and his life as 1,

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

i need help.had a dream last night i bumped into edcase and he gave me loads of track ids lol
    Come on then...share the Id's with fellow Boardsies:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I did not join any of them kay, have you joined The dark side yet that is FB?:)
    !

Having to join fúcking facebook to gain access to a gig to me is as bad as being stopped for ID on the door of the ASYLUM, i wont bbe joining anny facebook wánk just to go to a gig, you may as well be asking me to adopt capitalism as the way for mankind:eek:
    JCarey70 wrote: »
    They're late night jobbies them. But if the mood is right they will be spun. :)

Theres always one more you would like:(, this would be the most memorable track for me from the ASYLUM of all,

i need help.had a dream last night i bumped into edcase and he gave me loads of track ids lol

I hope you wrote em all down:D

(you do need help, i recomend a session of ASYLUM classics in a Rave as therapy:D)
    EarlERizer wrote: »
    Of the few i threw up there, Mantra would be a very close 2nd to my fav .... Country & Western - Reincarnation , man that tune gives me goosepimples every time!!

Ah jesus, like i said so many to choose from, the sounds in this track epitomise the ASYLUM 100%, Good track to have played at your funeral - Reincarnation;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Having to join fúcking facebook to gain access to a gig to me is as bad as being stopped for ID on the door of the ASYLUM, i wont bbe joining anny facebook wánk just to go to a gig, you may as well be asking me to adopt capitalism as the way for mankind:eek:

Over 500 million people would tend to disagree with you on that one :D Plus you don't have to join FB to go to the gig, who said that you should? :confused:
    Theres always one more you would like:(, this would be the most memorable track for me from the ASYLUM of all,

Yeah love that track too. I'm sure that will probably be played a few times in the various Vaults on the night.

Here's another one:

Hardbag - Ceasefire

Over 500 million people would tend to disagree with you on that one :D

So what your saying in essence is that 500 million people cant be wrong, i will stand alone against it so:D

I woul imagine there are more than 500 million heroin addicts in the world, just because it is addictive doesnt make it a great choice.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Over 500 million people would tend to disagree with you on that one :D Plus you don't have to join FB to go to the gig, who said that you should? :confused:

Yeah love that track too. I'm sure that will probably be played a few times in the various Vaults on the night.

Here's another one:

Hardbag - Ceasefire

Yeah love Skiddy Wah and Hardbag

and this aswell

Pure Erotmania

So what your saying in essence is that 500 million people cant be wrong, i will stand alone against it so:D

I'm sure most people are wrong about most things inclduing thinking that you need to be on FB in order to go to the gig. You don't ;)
    I woul imagine there are more than 500 million heroin addicts in the world, just because it is addictive doesnt make it a great choice.;)

Good point. I'm deleting my FB account right now :D

aceberg wrote: »
    Yeah love Skiddy Wah and Hardbag

and this aswell

Pure Erotmania

And this:

Progression - Reach Further

Good point. I'm deleting my FB account right now :D

Salvation, another one cured:D

• Advertisement

Just want to make sure, is this gig on the 25th june?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Just want to make sure, is this gig on the 25th june?

yup

187610_100002253774149_4648095_n.jpg

es-cee wrote: »
    yup

187610_100002253774149_4648095_n.jpg

Good stuff sean, maybe entry should be reserved for those who still have their original ASYLUM membership cards:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Has the line up been confirmed? Good to see Jay playing, never had the pleasure of catching a set of his bitd. Would defo love to get into this one, will be me first gig of 2011 if I do go in.

EDIT and apologies if that's a flyer in one of the last few posts but in work so all I can see is the usual 'X'.

Looks like they've rescheduled till next year :(

Asylumdud.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Asylumdud.jpg

A misprint I hope. Although given the talk of Sound Crowd playing in 2012 who knows.

Asylumdud.jpg

Yep cant see the attachment here, any chance you want to attach it to a boards post jay please, the attachment buttons at the bottom if you scroll down when making a post & it will be up on the boards then.

Only messin lads. That was my feeble attempt at humour :rolleyes:

Only messin lads. That was my feeble attempt at humour :rolleyes:

Good man, glad you noted it was feeble as i wasnt laughing:D

Good stuff sean, maybe entry should be reserved for those who still have their original ASYLUM membership cards:eek:

in that case are you any good at forging stuff via pc key :D

• Advertisement

intrance - te quierro ;)

needs to be sped up a bit this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Don't wanna pour cold water on this night folks but isn't there enough Sides/Asylum/Olympic Ballroom old skool nights doing the rounds, your just gonna hear the same tunes again, at the CJ Bolland and Frank De Wulf gig there was tunes played that i literally hadn't heard since the early/mid 90's,anyone who was there that night will testify how good it was, you seriously need some variety in Old Skool nights like more Acid House or Hardcore for example as opposed to the same 50 or so classics you always hear at Sides/Asylum/Olympic Ballroom nights.

Rarely get out clubbing thesedays myself so if i do head out i wanna make sure it's a good one.

I am going to this next week in Manchester, cant wait,what a line up.

http://www.fac51thehacienda.com/news/2011/03/manchester-japan-love-x-sankeys-22-april/1961

es-cee wrote: »
    in that case are you any good at forging stuff via pc key :D

Tenner:D

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Don't wanna pour cold water on this night folks but isn't there enough Sides/Asylum/Olympic Ballroom old skool nights doing the rounds, your just gonna hear the same tunes again, at the CJ Bolland and Frank De Wulf gig there was tunes played that i literally hadn't heard since the early/mid 90's,anyone who was there that night will testify how good it was, you seriously need some variety in Old Skool nights like more Acid House or Hardcore for example as opposed to the same 50 or so classics you always hear at Sides/Asylum/Olympic Ballroom nights.

Rarely get out clubbing thesedays myself so if i do head out i wanna make sure it's a good one.

http://www.fac51thehacienda.com/news/2011/03/manchester-japan-love-x-sankeys-22-april/1961

i agree with the hardcore and acid house nights jonny, but i'm headin to this asylum gig in june. i know theres been nights of so called "oldskool classics" before that are just the same crap time & time again but i'm hopin this night will break the mold and we can actually get tunes that were played in the asylum as opposed to the dj's puttin on gigs, claimin they're oldskool when its just the same bullsh1t as last weeks gig. in fairness i think there are way too many oldskool gigs on in dublin at the min, nearly every time you here on add on radio or see a flyer its 'oldskool vs this' and 'oldskool that', and when ya go to the gig its complete and utter tripe, serving up for the kids that haven't a clue what oldskkol is let alone the tunes that were actually played bitd apart from a select few "classics".
    as i said i'm lookin forward to this gig, at least we have got the proper line up of dj's that actually played the asylum so this should be a belter.

jonnny68 wrote: »

icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif

Booooooooo, Hssssssssss, Booooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

icon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gificon13.gif

Booooooooo, Hssssssssss, Booooooooo

haha:D come on man you cant JUST be into the same old tunes you hear time and time again at these nights, that is why i rarely ever attend these nights cos your just gonna hear the same tunes as you did at the last night and the one before that and the one before that it's a merry go round and it's monotonous

Give me an old Skoolnight where there is a combination of Acid House / Rave/Hardcore / House / Techno /Trance,etc and im there.

• Advertisement

Any ideas lads which mixtape this is off,if any... maybe played in Waterfront reg?My memory is shot to bits:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement