Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jonnny68 wrote: »
    haha:D come on man you cant JUST be into the same old tunes you hear time and time again at these nights, that is why i rarely ever attend these nights cos your just gonna hear the same tunes as you did at the last night and the one before that and the one before that it's a merry go round and it's monotonous

If you dont just go any old shíte gig thats on because it has 'oldskool' in the title you will find you enjoy it more when you wait for that special gig, last time i went for an ASYLUM night was in 2008 in the ASYLUM, time before that was 2006 i think with Pressure & Mick walsh in the belvedere.
    Give me an old Skoolnight where there is a combination of Acid House / Rave/Hardcore / House / Techno /Trance,etc and im there.

Sounds pretty much like one of your nights jonny:D your gonna have to put on a gig so to be happy & entertain us all.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

can some1 tell me the best way to download youtube videos please?
    i'm have that dvdvideosoft suite but it keeps comin back sayin
    'some links not copied' or somethin like that. and nothin downloads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

If you dont just go any old shíte gig thats on because it has 'oldskool' in the title you will find you enjoy it more when you wait for that special gig, last time i went for an ASYLUM night was in 2008 in the ASYLUM, time before that was 2006 i think with Pressure & Mick walsh in the belvedere.

Sounds pretty much like one of your nights jonny:D your gonna have to put on a gig so to be happy & entertain us all.;)

big time man i defo plan on doing an old skool gig sometime and it'll be across the board and be a Sides/Asylum/Olympic anthems free night, ill look into getting a place with 2 rooms with Acid House in the main room and Rave/Hardcore/Techno in the second room.

Mad coming from someone who used to frequent all 3 clubs particularly Sides but when you've hear the same tunes time and time again it gets tiresome.:)

es-cee wrote: »
    can some1 tell me the best way to download youtube videos please?
    i'm have that dvdvideosoft suite but it keeps comin back sayin
    'some links not copied' or somethin like that. and nothin downloads.

Use that site i told ya about a while back,

http://www.convertfiles.com/

Paste in the link in the second box,

'or download it from'

and bang in your email & choose what format you want it in & you will have it in a minute or two.

'or download it from'

and bang in your email & choose what format you want it in & you will have it in a minute or two.

cheers man, thanks :)

• Advertisement

'or download it from'

:( the file is too big lol, says max file size is 202MB thats can be converted.

:( the file is too big lol, says max file size is 202MB thats can be converted.

Did you ever install that Super converting program on yer PC?

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

You have to go through three pages to get to the link at the bottom but its freeware & has an option to paste in a link to any streaming media & it will down it to yer PC.

Did you ever install that Super converting program on yer PC?

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

You have to go through three pages to get to the link at the bottom but its freeware & has an option to paste in a link to any streaming media & it will down it to yer PC.

no man, i dont think i've ever seen it before but i'll grab it now thanks.

did any1 ever download this successfully without it timing out?

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Le-Best-The-Ultimate-Collection-Of-Le-Petit-Prince/release/156457

http://www.filestube.com/3hLVqxQS5zRewL7qWxKhsz/VA-Le-Best-The-Ultimate-Collection-Of-Le-Petit-Prince-1997-FLAC.html

just tryin it now myself again, but it kept timing out when i
    first tried, bit of a pain in the hoop it was , but its a great
    download if any1 can grab it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Don't wanna pour cold water on this night folks but isn't there enough Sides/Asylum/Olympic Ballroom old skool nights doing the rounds, your just gonna hear the same tunes again, at the CJ Bolland and Frank De Wulf gig there was tunes played that i literally hadn't heard since the early/mid 90's,anyone who was there that night will testify how good it was, you seriously need some variety in Old Skool nights like more Acid House or Hardcore for example as opposed to the same 50 or so classics you always hear at Sides/Asylum/Olympic Ballroom nights.

Rarely get out clubbing thesedays myself so if i do head out i wanna make sure it's a good one.

I am going to this next week in Manchester, cant wait,what a line up.

http://www.fac51thehacienda.com/news/2011/03/manchester-japan-love-x-sankeys-22-april/1961

To be fair Acid House was never really played in the Asylum. The type of stuff that was first played there (as far as I remember) was the early DnB Breakbeat stuff. Then the likes of 'NRG - I need your lovin' and all that hardcore stuff, it then went from that to the Hard Trance and Hardhouse sound. I used to find that there was too much of this type of stuff played there so anytime I played I used to try and lighten things up by playing more clubby tunes. Variety is the spice of life and all that. But I take your point in that there should be more Acid house and Hardcore breakbeat played at these types of events but as far as the Asylum Reunions go you can only expect stuff that was released after 1992 to get played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

isnt that bouncer there sayin ur names not down.... a famous london gangster or use to be,which they got to actually say that for that sample in that track, i seen him on a programme on tele talkin about gangsters and his life as 1,

Yeah HM, it's Dave Courtney, he used to be 'muscle' for the Krays bitd, he was associated with that other hired heavy that was in Lock Stock & 2 smoking barrels, they were proper 'ard boys back then but given this video it would seem he's gone a tad soft lol :D

JCarey70 wrote: »
    To be fair Acid House was never really played in the Asylum. The type of stuff that was first played there (as far as I remember) was the early DnB Breakbeat stuff. Then the likes of 'NRG - I need your lovin' and all that hardcore stuff, it then went from that to the Hard Trance and Hardhouse sound. I used to find that there was too much of this type of stuff played there so anytime I played I used to try and lighten things up by playing more clubby tunes. Variety is the spice of life and all that. But I take your point in that there should be more Acid house and Hardcore breakbeat played at these types of events but as far as the Asylum goes you can only expect stuff that was released after 1992 to get played.

Gospel according to Jay, your spot on their chief, the video i have of the place that i upped i put a soundtrack over, the original sounds are just as you said, more early DnB breakbeat, i will have to try & get it upped in its original format sometime with original sounds.

Gospel according to Jay, your spot on their chief, the video i have of the place that i upped i put a soundtrack over, the original sounds are just as you said, more early DnB breakbeat, i will have to try & get it upped in its original format sometime with original sounds.

in essence it should only be a window of what, bout 2 - 2 1/2 years of tunes shouldn't it for a true asylum reunion gig? i mean it opened when, late 91 was it? and was closed by summer 94, so it is a very small window of tunes there altho alot did get produced in that time frame and no doubt played in the asylum.
    i wouldn't be expectin a breakbeat gig goin to an asylum night even tho 90 - 94 hardcore/jungle is my fav music from the time period. hard trance, techno and house would be the order of the day i would suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

in essence it should only be a window of what, bout 2 - 2 1/2 years of tunes shouldn't it for a true asylum reunion gig? i mean it opened when, late 91 was it? and was closed by summer 94, so it is a very small window of tunes there altho alot did get produced in that time frame and no doubt played in the asylum.
    i wouldn't be expectin a breakbeat gig goin to an asylum night even tho 90 - 94 hardcore/jungle is my fav music from the time period. hard trance, techno and house would be the order of the day i would suspect.

I'm all for playing anything from 88 to 95 :D

BPM???? That fairly slow for the ASYLUM:D

i'll get my coat

well try throw in this bad boy jay ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Seen the Dalai Lama this morning :) spiritually uplifting !

Carry on :pac:

• Advertisement

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Francois played the flip side to this at the Kitchen reunion last year, I had never known it as for whatever reason never actually picked up that 12" but had it on some mix... I was straight over to ask once it came on, fkcin cracking track.

Gypsy - Varisuvia

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Seen the Dalai Lama this morning :) spiritually uplifting !

Carry on :pac:

Did you go yeah? I had planned but ended up in feckin Limerick for work, plus had kinda forgotten too.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

iv'e been after this monster for years off the Mu Tazz mix....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Francois played the flip side to this at the Kitchen reunion last year, I had never known it as for whatever reason never actually picked up that 12" but had it on some mix... I was straight over to ask once it came on, fkcin cracking track.

Gypsy - Varisuvia

Two crackin tunes. Have that on vinyl meself. Always a bonus when you bought a record and discovered the flip side was a cracker you never knew the name of. Released on Limbo aswell if I'm not mistaken. Consistently quality label in the early-mid 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement