Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Brilliant old school mix from Mick Chillage available again -

to stream here:

http://www.mixcloud.com/mickchillage/mick-chillages-old-school-classics-megamix/?c=200279

or download for a limited time only here in 320kbps: https://www.yousendit.com/download/VnBwTXRhU1BUWUJjR0E9PQ

tracklisting:

Tracklisting:
    Inner city : Good Life
    Humanoid : Stakker Humanoid
    L.F.O : L.F.O
    Sweet Exorcist : Testone
    A guy called gerald : Voodoo Ray
    Meat Beat manifesto : Radio Babylon
    Future Sound of London : Papua New Guinea
    Depeche Mode : Happiest girl (Orb mix)
    Orbital : Chime
    Joey Beltram : Energy flash
    Hardfloor : Acperiance
    Slam : Positive education
    Jam & spoon : Stella
    Luke Slater : Love (Mick chillage extended edit medley)
    808 state : Pacific 202

Love it, very well done, will store it in me vaults :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Altern 8's best tune (in my humble opinion)

This would be my pick!

or this ...

or this ... (sorry,cant chose lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Just whirled through it there, nice timing on the mixing es... ;)

nice1 jay, appreciate it mate :) have another couple here ya might dig too, did these on me decks a while back, the 2nd mix is all asylum hard trance.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1pq1m0dgoc6cb

Love Infiltrate 202 as well..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIzSZH6oqeM

Nother Asylum jobby... Don't recall anyone ever putting this up before but I could be (and most likely am) mistaken..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0ief-Bpzg

Same with this one...

Doi Oing - Surreal God - 1995

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iZe1V4xmo0

And another...

Djum Djum (Leftfield really) - Difference (Steng mix) One of the best ever, genius...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edS4urkN9Pc

:D Agree with ya on Altern8 pick

The 'Away the throttle' was only thrown up there the last week or so but not seen it before then , class tune!! :cool:

Doi-Oing .... *ahem* think that's been up here a coupla times ....

Not a bad YT channel http://www.youtube.com/user/EarlERizer73#g/u
    some cracking uploads & thoroughly nice bloke!!:D:D

Djum Djum tune
    not heard that one before,nice 1,like it :cool::D:cool:

Last night of the Ormond tune :)

Brilliant old school mix from Mick Chillage available again -

to stream here:

http://www.mixcloud.com/mickchillage/mick-chillages-old-school-classics-megamix/?c=200279

or download for a limited time only here in 320kbps: https://www.yousendit.com/download/VnBwTXRhU1BUWUJjR0E9PQ

tracklisting:

Tracklisting:
    Inner city : Good Life
    Humanoid : Stakker Humanoid
    L.F.O : L.F.O
    Sweet Exorcist : Testone
    A guy called gerald : Voodoo Ray
    Meat Beat manifesto : Radio Babylon
    Future Sound of London : Papua New Guinea
    Depeche Mode : Happiest girl (Orb mix)
    Orbital : Chime
    Joey Beltram : Energy flash
    Hardfloor : Acperiance
    Slam : Positive education
    Jam & spoon : Stella
    Luke Slater : Love (Mick chillage extended edit medley)
    808 state : Pacific 202

super stuff mate cheers :)

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :D Agree with ya on Altern8 pick

The 'Away the throttle' was only thrown up there the last week or so but not seen it before then , class tune!! :cool:

Doi-Oing .... *ahem* think that's been up here a coupla times ....

Not a bad YT channel http://www.youtube.com/user/EarlERizer73#g/u
    some cracking uploads & thoroughly nice bloke!!:D:D

Djum Djum tune
    not heard that one before,nice 1,like it :cool::D:cool:

Last night of the Ormond tune :)

love polaris G, got the ID from the main man MK over on facebook a while ago fair play to him.

yeah that channels alright aint it :D:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 revamped

Have mark archer from altern8 over in june really looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 NIG.

http://soundcloud.com/nig-1/sets/sides-mix

JAM &SPOON - Follow me
    BRAINCHILD - Symmetry c.mix
    COLOURED VISION - Violet rain
    VINYL BLAIR - The Trancespotter
    VISIONS OF SHIVA - How much can you take
    CAPRICORN - Harakari
    SPIRITUAL NORTH - Superman
    QUENCH - Dreams
    VERNON - Vernon wonderland
    COSMIC BABY - Fantasia outro mix

es-cee wrote: »
    love polaris G, got the ID from the main man MK over on facebook a while ago fair play to him.

yeah that channels alright aint it :D:D:D;)

lol yeah it's one of the best on YT tbh :D

Here man that house mix is deadly!! fair balls t'ya man, i was downlaoding it n it was taking ages (laptop running slow as fook these days:confused:) thought to myself 'hope this isn't one of the legendary 7hr sets like bitd on pos radio' :eek: lol ......

bn messing about with VDJ here meself when i'm at a loose end.....tried to record meself the other week but fooked if i can find wherever it was saved too lol :o or if it even saved atall lol ....'kin hopeless me! (hard to believe i've a working background in computers lol although to be fair it was in production of computers not IT or programmes - thats my excuse n i'm sticking to it! lol)

EarlERizer wrote: »
    lol yeah it's one of the best on YT tbh :D

Here man that house mix is deadly!! fair balls t'ya man, i was downlaoding it n it was taking ages (laptop running slow as fook these days:confused:) thought to myself 'hope this isn't one of the legendary 7hr sets like bitd on pos radio' :eek: lol ......

bn messing about with VDJ here meself when i'm at a loose end.....tried to record meself the other week but fooked if i can find wherever it was saved too lol :o or if it even saved atall lol ....'kin hopeless me! (hard to believe i've a working background in computers lol although to be fair it was in production of computers not IT or programmes - thats my excuse n i'm sticking to it! lol)

cheers man, was bored stiff yesterday with nothin to do and no money to buy cans so i said fcuk this, and just got the laptop out and made that mix lol.

they usually get saved in your documents folder G, thats were mine gets put anyway.

when ya open vdj ya'll see just under the decks theres 4 different tabs, browser, sampler, effects & record, click the record tab and on the left you'll see 4 boxes, the top one is the record option, click it and then click the config tab in the centre just over the start recordin button. a box will pop up and it'll say file and C:\users\documents\whatever your gonna type in as the name of your mix or track. always need to change the name of your recordin otherwise it'll overwrite what ya had recorded before.
    thats the info were the recordins get save, in my case its documents as ya can see above but ya can change it to were ever ya want as well by deletein documents and typin in music for example.

any trouble with it let me know ;)

EDIT: sorry man gave ya some wrong info there lol, ya don't delete the word documents and type in whatever ya click the little box just to the right and a box will pop up and you just select where you wanna put it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Good old BPM i even remember this episode :o:D

Remember this episode meself funnily enough. Used to record BPM most Saturdays then watch it the next day while the folks would be reading the Sunday papers. Looking back I can only imagine what they were thinking when an episode like this one above would be on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

aceberg wrote: »
    Yeah remember that 1 Steo.By the way i9 working with your cousin Garreth

Story man, he's my nephew and he was saying you started working with him alright. He gave me a loan of a few Warren/Ed Case mixes you did for him so nice one ;)

EDIT: He said there's a 7 hour Warren mix on that cd you gave him. Where was that recorded man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Yeah remember this programme well.Actually have this particular episoode on vhs in the attic.
    SteoL wrote: »
    Story man, he's my nephew and he was saying you started working with him alright. He gave me a loan of a few Warren/Ed Case mixes you did for him so nice one ;)

EDIT: He said there's a 7 hour Warren mix on that cd you gave him. Where was that recorded man?

Sorry nephew,yeah he did say his uncle.

No probs for the mixes

He did mention to me about a 7 hour mix.I doubt there is 1 tho,not that 1 know about anyways.I'd say who ever recored the mix forgot to stop the recording on the software on the pc and it ran for 7 hours.Would be a big file tho.Thats my geuss anyways.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Remember this episode meself funnily enough. Used to record BPM most Saturdays then watch it the next day while the folks would be reading the Sunday papers. Looking back I can only imagine what they were thinking when an episode like this one above would be on.

anyone know the track that breaks at 2.38....savage.

better if i use this 1

anyone know the track that breaks at 2.38....savage.

got it.Took me about 60 secs later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

timeless classic, one of my all time favs, great track ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Nother Asylum jobby... Don't recall anyone ever putting this up before but I could be (and most likely am) mistaken..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO0ief-Bpzg

Classic platipus thats the sort of stuff i hope gets played @ the Asylum gig in june & not all the usuall tunes they all play i think they do it to b safe theres a lot ore 2 the asylum than the tunes on the few live asylum mix's as the place was open 4 nearly 3-4 yrs & thouaands of tune were released & played in there id love if Warren's playing to play 1 of his real dark progressive house/Trance sets inc. the tune above i hav a brill warren @ The asylum wit that tune on it & he dosent go to heavey it starts off trancey then it gos nito progressive & 1 or 2 house tunes thats y i loved warren in there as his sets were always so varied he cud bang it out or house it up,so i hope all the djs playing @ the gig will dig deep in to there collections & think about wat there playing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

This is my Fav Alltern-8 tune & 1 of my all time fav's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

I hope they play this,

:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

WTF? Anyone tried this place?

jm00001 001.jpg

jm00001 002.jpg

jm00001 001.jpg

jm00001 002.jpg

Anyone that has the neck to put 'Disco bar' after it obviously is just trying to cash in & wont have the first idea what it was like!

156102.jpg

I wont be legging it out to clonee to this anyway;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

That's blasphemy jaysus is nothing sacred thesedays :o:D

That's blasphemy jaysus is nothing sacred thesedays :o:D

I love it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Anyone that has the neck to put 'Disco bar' after it obviously is just trying to cash in & wont have the first idea what it was like!

Nor me. I just wrote as me place of work to get cheaper car insurance!

jm00001 001.jpg

jm00001 002.jpg

156102.jpg

looks like a stable or somethin lol, the cheek!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

es-cee wrote: »
    looks like a stable or somethin lol, the cheek!!! :D
    i take it the asylum residents will be playing there yea? ha does look like a stable alright.wonder if its all black inside with no air conditioning,ha

i really commend this lad for his efforts and, i feel sorry for him at the same time, as it looks like his efforts have been in vein with music formats these days that just don't compare to vinyl.

http://www.vimeo.com/1546186

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I hope they play this,

:D:pac:

Hope not. Pure cheese that tune

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement