Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

detroit techno should stay in detroit,never liked it,derek carter was ok, but other than that its not my cuppa tea,rather minimal,acid or hardtrance,just felt like puttin that out there.............

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

detroit techno should stay in detroit,never liked it,derek carter was ok, but other than that its not my cuppa tea,rather minimal,acid or hardtrance,just felt like puttin that out there.............

Derek Carter??? He's not from Detroit and he doesn't play techno, he's a House dj from Chicago. In my opinion hardtrance is awful sh*te and Detroit techno wipes the floor with it. Just felt like puttin that out there.....:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

did i say detroit techno was ****e? did i?? no,it shud stay in detroit tho, coz it aint that popular,well not in europe it isnt,i was givin my view of detroit techno and my taste.ya plank!! just puttin that out there...did i offend you with my view on detroit techno, obviously i did,when u criticised my taste, infact, you criticized other ppls taste on this too.if you cant take other peoples opinions.. muppet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

harryenfieldscouse_228x480.jpg

F*ckin hell man, lighten up will ya. That's a lot of anger over a posting on a messageboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i love detroit techno (home of techno i might add) and also love hard trance, whats with all the hostilities? so people have different tastes in music, its all oldskool in one form or another and this is an oldskool thread not just asylum tunes thread, grow up lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    i love detroit techno (home of techno i might add) and also love hard trance, whats with all the hostilities? so people have different tastes in music, its all oldskool in one form or another and this is an oldskool thread not just asylum tunes thread, grow up lads.

Too much Sun!!! :pac::pac::pac:

.........As for me, I'm strictly one genre meself .....It's called 'TUNAGE' :D

aka HardDubTechRagBreakDrumTranceHouseJungleStepCore :cool: cooler than a polar bears pi$$ !!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMQ_1mJOxTizB-kxuTe6HGQ51a5jXj3Vos33DH_zYCl1zoO0e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

can't wait for this now, check out the line-up :):):)

http://www.asylumdublin.com/#/thereturn/4550798787

**** me man that is 1 savage line-up.Feels like i'm waiting on christmas now....lol :D

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Too much Sun!!! :pac::pac::pac:

.........As for me, I'm strictly one genre meself .....It's called 'TUNAGE' :D

aka HardDubTechRagBreakDrumTranceHouseJungleStepCore :cool: cooler than a polar bears pi$$ !!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTMQ_1mJOxTizB-kxuTe6HGQ51a5jXj3Vos33DH_zYCl1zoO0e

i'm the same G, i love all aspects of music and hate to see when peeps fallout over it, just plain ridic man :D
    aceberg wrote: »
    **** me man that is 1 savage line-up.Feels like i'm waiting on christmas now....lol :D

i'm on the reunion bus anyway ace, be good to see ya there mate ;)

can't wait for this now, check out the line-up :):):)

http://www.asylumdublin.com/#/thereturn/4550798787

:D Is it wrong that I'm excited about this? I mean really really looking forward to this,cant believe it's happening......I just hope (as i've expressed in a previous post) that it attracts those that know n not those for show!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVCh2AGEVoWT9_0lPh6ofx1pmQtutqc6JNhHmPPqHC0vZ1M8Llf2ofwhr8

Now! recent 'hostilities' amongest the faithful have moved me to don my collar and reach once agaqin for the good book, this recent manifestation of negativity has prompted me to the pulpit to trawl back to another past post in order to restore our plateau of peace & harmony :)

I look out amongst you all gathered here today and it fills my heart with joy,I look out amongst you my brothers and sisters and i see it,it's there,that unequaled of forces,the very force of our being,no stronger emotion, i know you feel it, i know some of you are feeling it right now,I know some of you never stop feeling it ....

remember brothers n sisters we're all here as lovers of all kinds of dance music from bitd,no one genre is better than another,each serves it's purpose if it provokes the right feel good feelings in whomever is touched by it's beat & rhythm,we all have differing tastes.

Respect the decks,respect the DJ,Respect the tunes but most importantly respect yourselves & eachother...now I want ya all to raise up on your feet,raise up,stand up n be proud,look to your left,look to your right and see your brothers n sisters stood next to you,I want you to look them in the eyes and with every ounce of the conviction your hold in your soul I want you to say .........."I may not like what you like but I like that you like it,I may not feel what you feel but i feel that you feel it and i may not know what you know but i know that you know it"

AMEN!! :D
    Ravers Manifesto

Our emotional state of choice is Ecstasy. Our nourishment of choice is Love. Our addiction of choice is technology. Our religion of choice is music. Our currency of choice is knowledge. Our politics of choice is none. Our society of choice is utopian though we know it will never be. You may hate us. You may dismiss us. You may misunderstand us. You may be unaware of our existence. We can only hope you do not care to judge us, because we would never judge you. We are not criminals. We are not disillusioned. We are not drug addicts. We are not naive children. We are one massive, global, tribal village that transcends man-made law, physical geography, and time itself. We are The Massive. One Massive.

We were first drawn by the sound. From far away, the thunderous, muffled, echoing beat was comparable to a mother’s heart soothing a child in her womb of concrete, steel, and electrical wiring. We were drawn back into this womb, and there, in the heat, dampness, and darkness of it, we came to accept that we are all equal. Not only to the darkness, and to ourselves, but to the very music slamming into us and passing through our souls: we are all equal. And somewhere around 35Hz we could feel the hand of God at our backs, pushing us forward, pushing us to push ourselves to strengthen our minds, our bodies, and our spirits. Pushing us to turn to the person beside us to join hands and uplift them by sharing the uncontrollable joy we felt from creating this magical bubble that can, for one evening, protect us from the horrors, atrocities, and pollution of the outside world. It is in that very instant, with these initial realizations that each of us was truly born.

We continue to pack our bodies into clubs, or warehouses, or buildings you’ve abandoned and left for naught, and we bring life to them for one night. Strong, throbbing, vibrant life in it’s purest, most intense, most hedonistic form. In these makeshift spaces, we seek to shed ourselves of the burden of uncertainty for a future you have been unable to stabilize and secure for us. We seek to relinquish our inhibitions, and free ourselves from the shackles and restraints you’ve put on us for your own peace of mind. We seek to re-write the programming that you have tried to indoctrinate us with since the moment we were born. Programming that tells us to hate, that tells us to judge, that tells us to stuff ourselves into the nearest and most convenient pigeon hole possible. Programming that even tells us to climb ladders for you, jump through hoops, and run through mazes and on hamster wheels. Programming that tells us to eat from the shiny silver spoon you are trying to feed us with, instead of nourish ourselves with our own capable hands. Programming that tells us to close our minds, instead of open them.

Until the sun rises to burn our eyes by revealing the distopian reality of a world you’ve created for us, we dance fiercely with our brothers and sisters in celebration of our life, of our culture, and of the values we believe in: Peace, Love, Freedom, Tolerance, Unity, Harmony, Expression, Responsibility and Respect.

Our enemy of choice is ignorance. Our weapon of choice is information. Our crime of choice is breaking and challenging whatever laws you feel you need to put in place to stop us from celebrating our existence. But know that while you may shut down any given party, on any given night, in any given city, in any given country or continent on this beautiful planet, you can never shut down the entire party. You don’t have access to that switch, no matter what you may think. The music will never stop. The heartbeat will never fade. The party will never end.

I am a raver, and this is my manifesto

Dont answer their questions,question their answers! Keep on keeping on,slave to the rave,rave to the grave!! :)

:D Is it wrong that I'm excited about this? I mean really really looking forward to this,cant believe it's happening......I just hope (as i've expressed in a previous post) that it attracts those that know n not those for show!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVCh2AGEVoWT9_0lPh6ofx1pmQtutqc6JNhHmPPqHC0vZ1M8Llf2ofwhr8

Now! recent 'hostilities' amongest the faithful have moved me to don my collar and reach once agaqin for the good book, this recent manifestation of negativity has prompted me to the pulpit to trawl back to another past post in order to restore our plateau of peace & harmony :)

I look out amongst you all gathered here today and it fills my heart with joy,I look out amongst you my brothers and sisters and i see it,it's there,that unequaled of forces,the very force of our being,no stronger emotion, i know you feel it, i know some of you are feeling it right now,I know some of you never stop feeling it ....

remember brothers n sisters we're all here as lovers of all kinds of dance music from bitd,no one genre is better than another,each serves it's purpose if it provokes the right feel good feelings in whomever is touched by it's beat & rhythm,we all have differing tastes.

Respect the decks,respect the DJ,Respect the tunes but most importantly respect yourselves & eachother...now I want ya all to raise up on your feet,raise up,stand up n be proud,look to your left,look to your right and see your brothers n sisters stood next to you,I want you to look them in the eyes and with every ounce of the conviction your hold in your soul I want you to say .........."I may not like what you like but I like that you like it,I may not feel what you feel but i feel that you feel it and i may not know what you know but i know that you know it"

AMEN!! :D

AMEN!!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

That's just too funny es :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

timeless classic, one of my all time favs, great track ;)

'kin tune!! :D:D:D 1:15 love it

Mr Kirk's nightmare @ 0:17 below is sampled at 2:41 above :D (possibly the most insensitive techno track ever made.. fcuk sake 4 Hero , what were you thinking???)

Rhythm Invention - Ad Infinitum (nother one of me favs from bitd...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Mr Kirk's nightmare @ 0:17 below is sampled at 2:41 above :D (possibly the most insensitive techno track ever made.. fcuk sake 4 Hero , what were you thinking???)

Here's a re-work of sorts of Mr Kirk's Nightmare. It's a hilarious tune

my god jay, the blasphemy :D

that is a quality tune mate without doubt ;)

next i'll be told tango & ratty were sampling other tunes to make classics such as this :D

don't think i could take it :rolleyes:

:D:D

What a tune...

Leftfield - Melt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Remember this from the Party Zone from 95, video is hilarious :D

just listenin to an oldskool mix by sl2 and this is on it, love the break @ 1.15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

sgtbilko01 wrote: »

The above tune is a very very rare tune, from Scotland.
    Don't think it was ever officially released,
    Does anybody have a copy of this tune, not a YouTube rip.

Two more Q-Tex tunes.

The above tune is a very very rare tune, from Scotland.
    Don't think it was ever officially released,
    Does anybody have a copy of this tune, not a YouTube rip.

Ye,tis good tune,i deffo had a mixtape with it on it,but can't remember what it was:(

lol true Jay, a tad on the insensitive side but a crackin tune it has to be said, though i never took to the video on MTV :confused:

Here's another one that uses samples from and works well with the above.
    :D

lol true Jay, a tad on the insensitive side but a crackin tune it has to be said, though i never took to the video on MTV :confused:

Here's another one that uses samples from and works well with the above.
    :D

haha, love that lad at the start with all the moves lol, seen that before, its like he's tryin to start a lawn mower at one stage :D

haha, love that lad at the start with all the moves lol, seen that before, its like he's tryin to start a lawn mower at one stage :D

My sentiments exactly bruv
    :eek: :mad: Now there's just no call for that whatsoever!!! thats absolutely fookin disgraceful so it is!! ffs come on, it's one thing to get lost in the moment on holiday, we've all been there, few too many, searing sunshine,music, it can and does all go to the head and we can excuse to a degree.....but this??? jesus h ......ya cant even call it dancing :D no co-ordination at all, not even in time to the music :rolleyes: I dunno, the youth of today,they just dont get it

She's obviously wasted money at the same school of dance as this knob!

Unlike our generation of precision beat synced movers bitd :D

It's clear this guy has nailed those classic moves "The Lawnmower" & "The Punchbag" ...Respect!!!

......But there's only one master of the madness moves!!! The Flately of Fantazia , the Sinatra of Sundance , the Elvis of Eclipse, the Ozone of Obsession.....

:cool: cooler than a polar bears pi$$:cool:

Actually I wonder is he Mr Kirks son Robin? :D

My sentiments exactly bruv

Actually I wonder is he Mr Kirks son Robin? :D

your man outa the prodigy is the sh1t alright, remember every1 tryin to copy him bitd lol.

the classic moves, the lawnmower & the punch bag hahahahah pmsl!!!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement