Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Had a read of this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=71872720#post71872720 and got the aul head thinking back (and getting mixed up lol - fookin oldage :o) ..... anyway where i ended up on it was with these two classics

:D Deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

es-cee wrote: »
    can't wait for this now, check out the line-up :):):)

http://www.asylumdublin.com/#/thereturn/4550798787

Well done!!!!!!! The line up is animal there'll b sothing for everybody but Room 2 appeals 2 me the most but more than likly il b bbouncing from 1 room till the nxt really looking forward to it & i javnt been out in ages il hav 2 go out soon & get some prep work done before hand LoL :pac::pac:
    I really hope this gets played & its the flip to the Andormeda track posted above but i prefare this track but both letal

And maybe this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

DUB33 wrote: »
    Well done!!!!!!! The line up is animal there'll b sothing for everybody but Room 2 appeals 2 me the most but more than likly il b bbouncing from 1 room till the nxt really looking forward to it & i javnt been out in ages il hav 2 go out soon & get some prep work done before hand LoL :pac::pac:
    I really hope this gets played & its the flip to the Andormeda track posted above but i prefare this track but both letal

And maybe this

Yeah love that Andromeda track Mark

Would love to hear this 1 aswell

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

aceberg wrote: »

Will she let you go Acea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

can't wait for this now, check out the line-up :):):)

http://www.asylumdublin.com/#/thereturn/4550798787

Nice one for the link sean, all looks great apart from this,

156615.JPG

To use a phrase the good reverend has in the past which is an old family tradition in the 'Vaughn' manor,

What a load of bolloxology!!!!

I certainly wont be buying a ticket for that ****e anyway,

Seats with a table, table cloths, candles & waiter bringing you wine from the exclusive wine bar..........a little bit of Sade from 1993, a romanian gypsy with a violin selling single roses etc etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

VIP @ an Asylum night ive heard it all now,what next cocktail barmaids an an Olympic Ballroom reunion night :eek: boll*x to that indeed the Asylum couldn't be further away from any of that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Tis somewhat of a departure from the early 90s at Sackville Place alright, compare well dressed suits drinking at specially reserved wine tables to everyone mashed out of it on anything from 2 to 8 yokes, screaming, sweating, up bopping all night, no tops, no beer just water, banging hard trance all night, skag floor, shootings, stabbings, muggings, ah the good old days :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

lol @ 25 Euro's a go! remember we use to get a Dove at that price :pac: in pounds that is :)

How much is the normal price ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Tis somewhat of a departure from the early 90s at Sackville Place alright, compare well dressed suits drinking at specially reserved wine tables to everyone mashed out of it on anything from 2 to 8 yokes, screaming, sweating, up bopping all night, no tops, no beer just water, banging hard trance all night, skag floor, shootings, stabbings, muggings, ah the good old days :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

I suppose that was one thing that i really didn't like about the Asylum the junkie scum taking gear on the top floor,definitely not the place for it at a Rave we uses to just smoke hash but that poxy gear is disgusting.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I suppose that was one thing that i really didn't like about the Asylum the junkie scum taking gear on the top floor,definitely not the place for it at a Rave we uses to just smoke hash but that poxy gear is disgusting.

It wasnt a nice sight i have to say but i was more afraid of the looper with the sawnoff to be honest:D:D:D

It wasnt a nice sight i have to say but i was more afraid of the looper with the sawnoff to be honest:D:D:D

LOL i cant say i ever seen anything like that, well in fairness i was only ever there about 5 or so times over the years as i used to mainly stick to Sides and the Ormond you obviously went there all the time so would've seen a lot more of the madness than i would:D

LOL i cant say i ever seen anything like that, well in fairness i was only ever there about 5 or so times over the years as i used to mainly stick to Sides and the Ormond you obviously went there all the time so would've seen a lot more of the madness than i would:D

Ah i was only having a laugh, but i did see first hand one night a guy come onto the second floor with some kind of rifle of some kind, (could have been an air rifle for all i know & could have been sawn off or not,, i was wiped out of it) & he fired it into the ceiling, no body moved & the night rolled on:D

i was thinkin to myself, the vaults??? why on earth would they pick the biggest kip in town to have the reunion in, then it dawned on me, its a fitting place to have the asylum reunion from on kip to another lol :D only thing different is the closing time and lack of skag, but its nearly as open a drug policy, peeps do be openly selling and taking unmentionables lol.
    between this gig and the course i'm startin i feel like a kid waitin on crimbo and everyday is just draggin in, its poxy haha :D:D:D

i was thinkin to myself, the vaults??? why on earth would they pick the biggest kip in town to have the reunion in, then it dawned on me, its a fitting place to have the asylum reunion from on kip to another lol :D only thing different is the closing time and lack of skag, but its nearly as open a drug policy, peeps do be openly selling and taking unmentionables lol.
    between this gig and the course i'm startin i feel like a kid waitin on crimbo and everyday is just draggin in, its poxy haha :D:D:D

Ah but it wasnt just the open drugs policy that made it, i know it has been attempted to be explained before on here & it is very hard to do that, the entire set up made the music almost seem like a language that only could be translated in your minds eye once all the factors that made the ASYLUM came together that provided an epiphany in your life that once experienced could never be gotten rid of, almost like an addiction, once you really got that ASYLUM experience it was destined to stay with you forever.

Thats a bit harsh Jon "junke scum" what givs u the right 2 judge when uv tacking drugs urself im not having a go but thats life & not all Junkies r scum Fact, Jay well said lol i never had a problem in the place & im looking forward 2 the gig just a pitty it cant go on all nite :rolleyes:

Ah but it wasnt just the open drugs policy that made it, i know it has been attempted to be explained before on here & it is very hard to do that, the entire set up made the music almost seem like a language that only could be translated in your minds eye once all the factors that made the ASYLUM came together that provided an epiphany in your life that once experienced could never be gotten rid of, almost like an addiction, once you really got that ASYLUM experience it was destined to stay with you forever.

Well said!!!!!!!!!1

aceberg wrote: »

Thats a whooper Ace & these 2 i wud love 2 hear as they remind me of when i first started going

My last nite in there the only tune thats clear in my mind is this & it was @ around 12:30 b4 i was mashed, so wat tune stand out for anyone on there last nite in sackvile place...?

• Advertisement

To be honest I never seen anyone banging up on the scag floor. When I say scag floor I mean people usually went up there to scag out on their yokes (usually the guys who took about 8 of them - and these were the proper jobbies) and when they'd come up on them proper they'd be back down to the ground floor boppin till the wee hours off the face and then probbaly for the rest of the weekend after the place would close. Sides was just the same except they didn't have a floor dedicated to it. Gas :D

what was your fav venue bitd jay? i'm a tad bit younger than most on here so temple theatre was my haunt from 98 - 04, miss that place :(

what was your fav venue bitd jay? i'm a tad bit younger than most on here so temple theatre was my haunt from 98 - 04, miss that place :(

Had some really great nights in all the venues I frequented but I think that some of the best nights I had was in a club in Phibsboro called G1. What a great ****in place that was. The acoustics were perfect for a club. It was situated above the ice rink on the current Des Kelly premises there on the North Circular Road. At the start of the night it was that cold that you could see your breath but by the middle of the night everyone would have tops off. Used to close at about 7am and we used to walk to Finlglas, only up the road. Great venue, probably me fav, Sides and The Asylum, being very close seconds, The Olympic, Groucho's and others being close thirds. Never went to the Temple of Sound :D

Had some really great nights in all the venues I frequented but I think that some of the best nights I had was in a club in Phibsboro called G1. What a great ****in place that was. The acoustics were perfect for a club. It was situated above the ice rink on the current Des Kelly premises there on the North Circular Road. At the start of the night it was that cold that you could see your breath but by the middle of the night everyone would have tops off. Used to close at about 7am and we used to walk to Finlglas, only up the road. Great venue, probably me fav, Sides and The Asylum, being very close seconds, The Olympic, Groucho's and others being close thirds. Never went to the Temple of Sound :D

went to the temple of sound a few times to under 18's back in 96 and 97 then got a fake ID in 98 and it was temple theatre from then until 04 when it was shut down :(

Hope no one like this turns up :eek::D

:D G1 , man, that was my first real experience of an 'illegal' rave feeling, I remember the antisipation going to it n hearing things like "the garda are watching the place" or "it's a model for a raid" then the anxiety once inside n the yokes where flowing through the bloodstream,feeling the rushes,closing your eyes n letting the bass seep into every pore sending tingles all over you,the brief interludes of 'normality' n then thinking "jaysus they could come bursting in at anytime" and the heart pounding 'buzz' when they did lol .... man i left that night buzzing like a nutter on a pogo stick! ..... I'd gone there that night as a guy we met invited us along (hadnt heard of it before) , he was DJ Christian Coates,a sound bloke,and a friend of a friend type thing developed after been invited to parties n gigs he was doing out Blanchardstown way.

.........and then came our mecca and the rest as they say :cool:

Another blok ei 'knew' from back then was Latin Wolfe, again a friend of a friend from Palmerstown,parties n the like, another sound chap so he was, furnished me with a few tapes bitd.

"If i had a time machine for one night" - i'd just need enough time to go home grab all my old tapes,flyers n $hite n bring them forward to today :(

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :D G1 , man, that was my first real experience of an 'illegal' rave feeling, I remember the antisipation going to it n hearing things like "the garda are watching the place" or "it's a model for a raid" then the anxiety once inside n the yokes where flowing through the bloodstream,feeling the rushes,closing your eyes n letting the bass seep into every pore sending tingles all over you,the brief interludes of 'normality' n then thinking "jaysus they could come bursting in at anytime" and the heart pounding 'buzz' when they did lol .... man i left that night buzzing like a nutter on a pogo stick! ..... I'd gone there that night as a guy we met invited us along (hadnt heard of it before) , he was DJ Christian Coates,a sound bloke,and a friend of a friend type thing developed after been invited to parties n gigs he was doing out Blanchardstown way.

.........and then came our mecca and the rest as they say :cool:

Another blok ei 'knew' from back then was Latin Wolfe, again a friend of a friend from Palmerstown,parties n the like, another sound chap so he was, furnished me with a few tapes bitd.

"If i had a time machine for one night" - i'd just need enough time to go home grab all my old tapes,flyers n $hite n bring them forward to today :(

and 100 small fellas too :pac::pac::pac:

and 100 small fellas too :pac::pac::pac:

:eek: How d'fook could i forget them lol ........... right that settles it, if i get one, your coming with me :pac: make sure i dont forget anything!! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Pentatonik rarely gets a mention anywhere and I'd genuinely rate some of his music up there and of a similar ilk to that of Orbital. His album 'Anthology' from 1994 has some stunning tracks, this being a great example. Not banging by the way, more 5am with a few spliffs material as you greet the rising sun :pac:

Pentatonik - Movements Part 2

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :eek: How d'fook could i forget them lol ........... right that settles it, if i get one, your coming with me :pac: make sure i dont forget anything!! :D

we'll also need to rob a bank and get some real money as the yoyo sh1te wont do in 94 :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement