Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

Kali135 wrote: »
    Oh i hope it doesent go down ,its been great seeing and reading about the old days.:):):)..bear with me but can someone show me how to get into those tones Derra:confused:..........thanks:)

it will never go down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Kali135

senan s wrote: »
    it will never go down

i meant tunes...well im glad its alive and well...............:):) allways was

it will never go down

Does anyone have a tune..i tink its A man called Adam,:confused:theres a girl in it singing ONE MORE TIME,..Havent heard it and would love to get my hands on it...anyone have any idea...last heard the real version in Sides 95/96

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Oh i hope it doesent go down ,its been great seeing and reading about the old days.:):):)..bear with me but can someone show me how to get into those tones Derra:confused:..........thanks:)
    yeah just click on the link and that will take ya to the divshare site and on the right hand side you will see"download original", click that and a box should pop up asking you to open or save it , just save to wherever ya have chosen for music or whatever and press play for a blast from the past :D welcome aboard the board kali :cool:
    it will never go down
    can't have those idm (intelligence dance music) threads taking over senan lol :)

what the fcuk is goin on with the dance scene these days , new genres popping up everyday :mad: ya see a mix described as "minimal tech-trance with a bit of funky techno and a tribally feel " :confused: by "dj lost the plot"
    lmao
    what happened to simplicity i.e.. house pressure ! ya knew where ya stood with them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 121 ✭✭KEN.G

derra wrote: »
    a liitle something to keep the thread afloat :) was on the verge of goin down the pages :eek:
    thyme & hevee in the asylum
    http://www.divshare.com/download/1436938-bdc
    http://www.divshare.com/download/1436939-587

thyme in the asylum

http://www.divshare.com/download/1549327-480
    http://www.divshare.com/download/1436939-587

Thanks for these Derra will have a new mix of
    Thyme's for yous during the week ;)

printmasternetlz9.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Harrys909

Does anyone have a tune..i tink its A man called Adam,:confused:theres a girl in it singing ONE MORE TIME,..Havent heard it and would love to get my hands on it...anyone have any idea...last heard the real version in Sides 95/96

A man called Adam, bearfoot in the head is the of track your looking for

Harrys909 wrote: »

Harrys909....i have been looking for that track for soooooooooo long...thanks for that..:Dstill gives me the shivers to tis day when i hear her scream....

Harry do u or anyone else have that track A Man Called Adam Barefoot in the head the one im after gettin is not it:(...pleeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeeeee...cmon lads one of you must have the original:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

http://rapidshare.com/files/98475098/A_Man_Called_Adam__Barefoot_In_The_Head.mp3.html

Just beat me to it but I might as well post it :D This is 8 minute long

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Harrys909

or krystal club, one more time on new age records

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

VIDEO : DJ Thyme @ Radio City 08th March 2008.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRE94V1qAyE

Deco played a blinder at the Rejuvenation Hard-Trance night in the Isaac Butt Bar on Saturday last. He put the sound system through a rigorous bench test, hehe. Check him out.

PS - Youtube seems a bit buggy this evening, it has been showing an error message 'video not available' on this video. However it is available, dunno what's up. If its still like that 2moro, I'll re-post a new version.

Gen:FX wrote: »

Deco played a blinder at the Rejuvenation Hard-Trance night in the Isaac Butt Bar on Saturday last. He put the sound system through a rigorous bench test, hehe. Check him out.

What a night thanks to the lads off the board that came in and for the Vid Caf quailty as always. We'll have the mixes up soon.

fair play 2 ken and dar another top nite was a ****ing class nite

or krystal club, one more time on new age records
    :):):):) thats it krystal club.....at last ..i spoke to soon tinkin barefoot in the head was it...but tis is the real ting:D:D at last...now who doesent remember that tune.....thanks again

:):):):) thats it krystal club.....at last ..i spoke to soon tinkin barefoot in the head was it...but tis is the real ting:D:D at last...now who doesent remember that tune.....thanks again

HELP:(.... mediafire wont open 4 me...any ideas why:confused:

HELP:(.... mediafire wont open 4 me...any ideas why:confused:
    I got it ,ah tell me thats not a gud old tune....thanks...brings a smile to my face:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mcc

does anyone know this tune. Just stumbled on it on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC6Q6Wfh8Po&feature=related
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭daragh_k

2008_0309hardtrancerejuv0449.jpg

DJ Daranoid,Claire Browne,Daragh Kelly,DJ Thyme,Ken Gardiner and Francois

the Djs from last saturdays Rejuvenation was a great night and thanks to all again....for more pics check out http://bebo.com/XxREJUVENATIONxX

PS - Youtube seems a bit buggy this evening, it has been showing an error message 'video not available' on this video. However it is available, dunno what's up. If its still like that 2moro, I'll re-post a new version.

Excellant job CAF top man as always... Was a savage night and agreat video.... TURN DOWN THE GAINS LOL

daragh_k wrote: »
    Excellant job CAF top man as always... Was a savage night and agreat video.... TURN DOWN THE GAINS LOL
    Nice1 Darragh, Yeah, it was a great night. If it was up to me, i'd have left the gains up at 11.. haha, I was really enjoying that deep crunchy distorted sound. (and so was deco by the looks of things. ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickam

Nice1 Darragh, Yeah, it was a great night. If it was up to me, i'd have left the gains up at 11.. haha, I was really enjoying that deep crunchy distorted sound. (and so was deco by the looks of things. ;) )

Whats the story stevo any news any plans for the weekend.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

jonny68 wrote: »
    Has anyone got any tapes from Sides around 1990/91 or the Olympic around 1992,cheers :)

http://homepage.eircom.net/~rebuzzdefuzz/reissued/index.html

looks to be an excellent night..
    energize_backlo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

will be a wopper of a nite deadly spot!pitty its so far from me:(
    looks to be an excellent night..
    energize_backlo.jpg

turks wrote: »
    will be a wopper of a nite deadly spot!pitty its so far from me:(

never too far when a certain other DJ is playing!!! :D:D:D:D,

and not really appropriate, for the asylum thread anyway, shame on you derra:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

thanks mate but i cant see any mixes there from 1990/91?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

true that-never 2 far::rolleyes:

never too far when a certain other DJ is playing!!! :D:D:D:D,

• Advertisement

scan0001-8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

scan0001-8.jpg

nice 1 derra.todays star i take it.used to always buy the star on a friday for the clubmix pages.i see senan gets a mention.good stuff senan fairplay to ya.hope the nite goes well.have a ball.:D

aceberg wrote: »
    nice 1 derra.todays star i take it.used to always buy the star on a friday for the clubmix pages.i see senan gets a mention.good stuff senan fairplay to ya.hope the nite goes well.have a ball.:D

yeah thats out of the star ace , was a great night , super music all night by djs and in particular mark kavanagh , it was an unbelievable set, been waiting to hear a top class set like that for a long time, and i should have the evidence to justify it but at end of night when i went to save it on soundforge 9 it said i exceeded the limit in this format which was wav , saved it in mp3 that ended up with a couple of other files .sfk ,.sfao ,(cue caf:) )but when i went to open it and to convert ,it did not come up on soundforge and various other programs, absolutely gutted to say the least :mad always those sets that are not recorded , just have to be there :)
    apologies to folks that were expecting a copy including mr.k who knew himself he played a blinder :o

ken g , got some more eurodance to post soon for ya , was off a european radio show that night with various djs on it :)

ken g , got some more eurodance to post soon for ya , was off a european radio show that night with various djs on it :)

Good stuff out of ya Derra ;)

I also promised a set Thyme and Francois but looks like we only got 15 min of Thymes set and we ran out of space..Gutted. But have the full hour of Francois which is savage and I'll put up the bit of Thymes set but as you said you had to be there.

KEN.G wrote: »
    Good stuff out of ya Derra ;)

I also promised a set Thyme and Francois but looks like we only got 15 min of Thymes set and we ran out of space..Gutted. But have the full hour of Francois which is savage and I'll put up the bit of Thymes set but as you said you had to be there.

Since we lost most of Thymes mix ive decided to up this as one file . The first 63 mins is Francois and the last 10 or so mins is Thyme

Enjoy

http://www.mediafire.com/?ovjb9m0t1lm

Since we lost most of Thymes mix ive decided to up this as one file . The first 63 mins is Francois and the last 10 or so mins is Thyme

Enjoy

, hope yas didnt use up the space on hard disk from recording your set dar , haha oj mate :):)
    excellent stuff from francois , got it off ni , cheers lads :)
    did yas record your own sets ?

, hope yas didnt use up the space on hard disk from recording your set dar , haha oj mate :):)
    excellent stuff from francois , got it off ni , cheers lads :)
    did yas record your own sets ?

I know Derra raging ourselves mate.. I see u had some trouble on that score urselve loosing Marks set... It was actually our gig stick filled up although we cant figure out how we shoud have had more than enough space saving in MP3 format???

I know Derra raging ourselves mate.. I see u had some trouble on that score urselve loosing Marks set... It was actually our gig stick filled up although we cant figure out how we shoud have had more than enough space saving in MP3 format???

ah dont remind me dar :), havin nightmares over that , it was that good :mad:
    saw ya online on and all that night was gonna buzz ya for tips :rolleyes:
    a good 4hrs recording in wav. 44 1oo hz and 16 bit depth etc and follow cafs tips on his site , would of only used 2.5gb only. yas must of been running other programs etc where yas or sort out your virtual memory maybe .
    i fcuked up in the line in line out department on the laptop as microphone is the line in, saw the meter bounced up and down and looked fine but obvisously not,
    make sure i will have it right next time for sure ,ya learn by your mistakes :) ( cue senan : fcuk off derra lol )

.The Awakening.
    Always Say You Love Underground Music

MAYDAY - MAYDAY - MAYDAY - [Dot * Dash * Dot] :rolleyes:

FACT - Information on the 'GIG' will follow in the next few days.
    The first (working) batch of invites were received this evening at 9:15pm, the next batch is due in on Thursday (lunchtime) - There was a problem with the Security Tag / Hologram, so we needed to dump the entire previous package. The embeded data in the foil tag on the invite was encoded arse ways by - (***) .... Ahem :o

All Systems are Go - Countdown is Progressing.
    NR:GEX - Reconnected / True Skool House Music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Enjoy

Cheers Daragh, listening to this now. Was a top night in there. :)

• Advertisement

.The Awakening.
    Always Say You Love Underground Music

MAYDAY - MAYDAY - MAYDAY - [Dot * Dash * Dot] :rolleyes:

FACT - Information on the 'GIG' will follow in the next few days.
    The first (working) batch of invites were received this evening at 9:15pm, the next batch is due in on Thursday (lunchtime) - There was a problem with the Security Tag / Hologram, so we needed to dump the entire previous package. The embeded data in the foil tag on the invite was encoded arse ways by - (***) .... Ahem :o

All Systems are Go - Countdown is Progressing.
    NR:GEX - Reconnected / True Skool House Music.

top man caf will b a class nite

have a great night lads and go easy on the shortts senan :D happy birthday :)
    reactive12thofapril.jpg

Has anybody else noticed that this thread has 'jumped' up 40 pages? - I've had a look around the past few days, just cant seem to pin point where the '40' pages have come from... has something been merged ? (if that is the case, however proberly not, but just puttin' it out there)... what's up, anyone any ideas. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭oldstock

heard its in the asylum early may....... is it rumour, invite only !:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Has anybody else noticed that this thread has 'jumped' up 40 pages? - I've had a look around the past few days, just cant seem to pin point where the '40' pages have come from... has something been merged ? (if that is the case, however proberly not, but just puttin' it out there)... what's up, anyone any ideas. ?

Thank **** someone else said that thought i was going mad.
    used an old jump to in fire fox and that brought me top page 117 and thought that the thread had really taken off again I'd reckon about 40 pages as well.

There's always one!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

There's always one!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

bigtime m/8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

well any word :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Cheers to Derra for directing me to this board & his suggestion to post my video here of the ASYLUM in 1992.....
    Alright ravers......here is the only video that i know of from the ASYLUM, this is the entire footage that was taken for the primtime show that was already posted on this site which only uses about 5mins of actual footage from inside the ASYLUM as you will see if you compare them....now the camera man wont win any prizes for his 'feet shots' or how much of the place he explored crossjerk.gif but what can you do, in a time well before the digital age we are in now were lucky to have it i reckon....the place is not exactly packed either but lets face it if you remember the place you wouldnt have seen fu*k all from a camera if was taken on one of the packed nights later in the 90's.....anyway i have put my own photos on the start and sountrack to raise the hairs on the back of all you ASYLUM heads necks with a glimpse into the past of what once was sniff.gif

I left this video in mpeg format in two halves so there would be no messing around with it playing it straight away when you get it.....if you have trouble playing it you can download Videolan media player here http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ just select your operating system and choose from any of the locations listed and BINGO! you can play anything super.gifmegaupload.com links will expire after 90 days if not used ravers so dont use them in future....didnt know this until i had it uploaded sad.gif
    ASYLUM_FEB_92_THIN_ICE_PART_1_400mb

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIBFF723

ASYLUM_FEB_92_THIN_ICE_PART_2_400mb

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JCJ34QYS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement