Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

http://dnbshare.com/download/EdRush-May2011Mix.mp3.html

01. Noisia & Phace - Program (Vision/dub)
    02. Audio - Journey pt.2 (Virus)
    03. Maztek & Grotesque - Straight to Bad (Icarus Audio/dub)
    04. Rido - Poison (Obsessions)
    05. Spinline & Hydro - Blindfolded (Dispatch)
    06. Icicle feat SP:MC - Dreadnaght (Shogun Audio)
    07. Allied - N-Sphere (Rise Audio)
    >> Rockwell - Noir [Ulterior Motive Rmx] (Critical)
    08. InsideInfo - Honey Bee (Viper/dub)
    09. Kontrol - Forcefield (Optiv & BTK Remix) (Renegade Hardware/dub)
    10. Ed Rush - Arcadia VIP (Virus/dub)
    11. Optiv & BTK - Backlash (Virus/dub)
    12. The Upbeats - Undertaker (dub)
    13. Total Science & SPY - Magic Hour (CIA)
    14. Ed Rush & Optical - Point Blank (Mindscape Remix) (Virus/dub)
    15. Audio & Meth - Alone (Subtitles/dub)
    16. sounds like Ed Rush & Optical meets Audio to me
    17. Nphonix - False Flag (Lost Soul)
    18. Audio - Genesis Device VIP (Virus/dub)
    19. ?? - ??
    20. Cause 4 Concern - Remix
    21. Culture Shock - Footlose (RAM)
    22. Enei, Eastcolors & Noel - Cracker (Critical)
    23. Audio - Cybertrone (dub) not sure
    24. Noisia & Black Sun Empire – Infusion (Vision)
    25. Dose - Squander (Human Imprint/dub)
    26. Culture Shock - Cathedral (RAM)
    27. Audio - Sanctum (Virus)
    28. Audio - Stratosphere (Virus)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I'm reading this thread from the start again and fook it's the best thing on the internet for sure for sure ha ha. Getting really psyched up for the 25th of next month, looking forward to hooking up with all ye mad bastards.

Oh and just wondering if Cummo (aka DJ Friction as he was known in the asylum) is back from the UK if anybody knows. Was a good mate bitd. I've seen a John Cummins on a few flyers for recent old skool gigs and wondering if it's the same one.

aceberg wrote: »
    ffs.the state of some of them lads.don't recognize anybody,me been from finglas meself.thats how bad they looked lol lol.

was in beneavin meself.not in 86 tho.from 88 - 93 i think.

86 was the year the pool won the double and west tip won the national.first ever winner i had in the national.

was in de la salle in 86.:D

4 years since ya posted this one ace ;) but just wanted to say it was Patrician I went to along with Cummo and Micko tho I was a year behind them. Primary was finians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

SteoL wrote: »
    Oh and just wondering if Cummo (aka DJ Friction as he was known in the asylum) is back from the UK if anybody knows. Was a good mate bitd. I've seen a John Cummins on a few flyers for recent old skool gigs and wondering if it's the same one.

Now there's a blast from the past.Did'nt know John personally but he worked as a lounge boy in the Jolly Toper with a then m8 of mine.Remember my first ever nite in the Asylum we bumped into John.We wer on the dry but John said he had dropped 2 doves.I remember thinking but he looks so normal.Think i was expecting him to look like some sort of beast or monster or something.:pWas a little naive to the whole drugs thing at the time.I'd say he was literally only after dropping the doves thats why he looked so normal.:D

• Advertisement

4 years since ya posted this one ace ;) but just wanted to say it was Patrician I went to along with Cummo and Micko tho I was a year behind them. Primary was finians.

4 years bloody hell

Now there's a blast from the past.Did'nt know John personally but he worked as a lounge boy in the Jolly Toper with a then m8 of mine.Remember my first ever nite in the Asylum we bumped into John.We wer on the dry but John said he had dropped 2 doves.I remember thinking but he looks so normal.Think i was expecting him to look like some sort of beast or monster or something.:pWas a little naive to the whole drugs thing at the time.I'd say he was literally only after dropping the doves thats why he looked so normal.:D

Sound ace. Used to love knocking into Cummo and listening to him mixing up in the bedroom while indulging in a few spliffys. He was the one who introduced me to mixing, made me some cracking tapes back then. Remember one in particular kicking off with "Latour - Blue" then going onto the Grid but can't remember which feckin track. Sound fella he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

Sound ace. Used to love knocking into Cummo and listening to him mixing up in the bedroom while indulging in a few spliffys. He was the one who introduced me to mixing, made me some cracking tapes back then. Remember one in particular kicking off with "Latour - Blue" then going onto the Grid but can't remember which feckin track. Sound fella he was.

As far as I know John C is coming over for the gig. He was the first one to play Punchanella's - San Tranciscoin in Dublin. He had it on white label weeks before anyone else had it. He really should be on the line up. A sound bloke, very chilled out, but don't let that fool you, this guy can party hard :D

JCarey70 wrote: »
    As far as I know John C is coming over for the gig. He was the first one to play Punchanella's - San Tranciscoin in Dublin. He had it on white label weeks before anyone else had it. He really should be on the line up. A sound bloke, very chilled out, but don't let that fool you, this guy can party hard :D

Really???? Nice one Jay I'm delighted hearing that. Haven't seen or heard from him since he moved over to the UK. Yeah one of the soundest blokes you could meet. This is THE gig I've been waiting on for the past 16 years. Jaysus am I really that old now :eek: Scary stuff but I did always say I'd still be raving when I'm in my 30's.

Cheers for that info Jay, it's made my day! :D

Not sure if this was up'd before...

Black Girl Rock - The Theme (D-ream mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J35Ov2ak4gE

• Advertisement

Really???? Nice one Jay I'm delighted hearing that. Haven't seen or heard from him since he moved over to the UK. Yeah one of the soundest blokes you could meet. This is THE gig I've been waiting on for the past 16 years. Jaysus am I really that old now :eek: Scary stuff but I did always say I'd still be raving when I'm in my 30's.

Cheers for that info Jay, it's made my day! :D

There was an Asylum reunion on 3/4 years ago in the vaults Steo did ya not make that 1.Was'nt as big as this 1 but was still good.Warren and Ed case played can't remember who else.Do ya know Mick Kelly from Finglas.Mick only has 1 leg now,Mick was at the gig in his wheel chair.Was up on the 1 leg and all giving it socks.Mick was an Aslyum head.

got this together today with a few of me fav hardcore tunes from '92, hope ya's like it :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?4kyhv0o4sv3ftyc

tracklist:

mc lethal - ravedigger
    mk 13 - feel the magic
    mystery man - dj business
    urban shakedown - do it now!
    eq - total extasy remix
    the house crew - we are hardcore
    the ellis dee project 2 - dance factor
    soundcorp - dreamfinder
    kev bird - this is a trip
    4 hero - cookin up yah brain
    yolk - bish bosh
    dj seduction - hardcore heaven
    krome & time - this sound is for the underground
    mayhem - damage
    xenophobia - rushing the house
    neuromancer - pennywise
    nebula 2 - c.o.d rider
    tango - factor 5
    freestyle & djr - madness
    nebula 2 - flatliners
    the ellis dee project 3 - don't stop rockin
    oaysis - incredible bass remix

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Alright Earl. I put this mix up loads of times but here it is again:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7jwqnjtqwjr/Warren%20K%20-%20Breakbeat.mp3

Below is the track listing to date:

Warren K - Breakbeat 1992-93

1) ?????? ????????????
    2) Blitz - Thrillseekers
    3) ?????? ???????????? (sample taken from Carlos Santana - Oye Coma Va)
    4) Dance among the stars - Thrillseekers
    5) Destroy - Space Cube (nice one Ger M :D )
    6) Keep Pumpin - Thrillseekers
    7) Back Again - Run tings
    8) Terminator - Goldie/Rifuge Cru
    9) Tough But Nice - Kev Bird & Wax Doctor
    10 Kemistry - Goldie/Rifuge Cru
    11) Dark Matter - Kev Bird & Wax Doctor (Original Mix)
    12) ?????? ???????????? (Sample taken from DJ Unity - Macka B, Tony Rebel)
    13) ?????? ????????????

Thanks a mil if you manage track do the last four tracks. As for the sample you referred to, that's actually part of Track C and not part of Track A, that was a editing error on my part, but thanks for the other track ID regardless.

Firstly, thanks for the link Jay, I been the lacks fooker that I am obviously missed it first time round.

Now the tracklisting, i've put my rain mac on and lit up a cigar,my shirt looks slept in and my suit has seen better days ....I'm in Columbo mode!! :o

"excuse me mam,just a few more questions" ..... would Mr K have had many breakbeat hardcore vinyls in his bag back in 92/93?,from the tracklisting it appears he was in possesion of atleast these 4

Space Cube - Kool Killer Vol2
    http://www.discogs.com/Space-Cube-Kool-Killer-Vol-2/release/20487

Run Tings - Back Again EP
    http://www.discogs.com/Run-Tings-Back-Again/release/34345

Kev Bird - The Visit to 14B EP
    http://www.discogs.com/Kev-Bird-The-Wax-Doctor-The-Visit-To-14B-EP/release/2387852

Metalheadz - Teminator
    http://www.discogs.com/Metalheads-Terminator/release/32034

on inspection and without the aid of yt :( it would appear track B2 on Space Cube might be the track with the Santana sample (Sun Tana)....hmmmm now if thats the case maybe he just used these 4 EP's for this set?.....

I'm still working on it,.......i'll get back to ya,dont go leaving the country now....ya might want to clear your schedule.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuxtHs5nIOj8GBDkR4xnwzg6KsIKQnUqqA9Mok2d1Oi86R9G9Y

:cool:

Prefer this mix meself...:D

Prefer this mix meself...:D

yeah me too, just stuck the original on the mix for the intro.

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Firstly, thanks for the link Jay, I been the lacks fooker that I am obviously missed it first time round.

Now the tracklisting, i've put my rain mac on and lit up a cigar,my shirt looks slept in and my suit has seen better days ....I'm in Columbo mode!! :o

"excuse me mam,just a few more questions" ..... would Mr K have had many breakbeat hardcore vinyls in his bag back in 92/93?,from the tracklisting it appears he was in possesion of atleast these 4

Space Cube - Kool Killer Vol2
    http://www.discogs.com/Space-Cube-Kool-Killer-Vol-2/release/20487

Run Tings - Back Again EP
    http://www.discogs.com/Run-Tings-Back-Again/release/34345

Kev Bird - The Visit to 14B EP
    http://www.discogs.com/Kev-Bird-The-Wax-Doctor-The-Visit-To-14B-EP/release/2387852

Metalheadz - Teminator
    http://www.discogs.com/Metalheads-Terminator/release/32034

on inspection and without the aid of yt :( it would appear track B2 on Space Cube might be the track with the Santana sample (Sun Tana)....hmmmm now if thats the case maybe he just used these 4 EP's for this set?.....

I'm still working on it,.......i'll get back to ya,dont go leaving the country now....ya might want to clear your schedule.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTuxtHs5nIOj8GBDkR4xnwzg6KsIKQnUqqA9Mok2d1Oi86R9G9Y

:cool:

An excellent prognosis Lieutenant Rizer and I think I know what Ger M was getting at now in his post :pac: Now does anyone have that 12"??? :rolleyes: I know Warren had a lot of this stuff way back when and probably still has it all stashed away somewhere but as for Warren rooting it out and, ripping it and uploading it to YT or whereever, there will be snow ball fights in hell first ;)

columbo-played-by-peter-falk-playback-image-5.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

SL2...

SL2 [DJ Slipmatt & MC Jay J] play an old skool DJ set 1988 - 1992 on Bank Holiday Sunday June 5th at the Twisted Pepper. Full details: HERE.

• Advertisement

what a fcukin wally this chap really is To%20funny.gif

es-cee wrote: »
    what a fcukin wally this chap really is To%20funny.gif

Don't tell me, he had just seen the news and found out that Jens Lehmann was rejoining Arsenal? No no, that Arsenal are not buying any defenders in the summer? That they sold Fabregas to Barcelona? OK, tell me, what was it??? :pac:

He must've taken Bob Paisley's famous quote to heart: "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

think it was when they threw away a 4 goal lead haha, i can't fathom how any1 can get this emotional over a football match or team, its crazy lol.

think it was when they threw away a 4 goal lead haha, i can't fathom how any1 can get this emotional over a football match or team, its crazy lol.

Jesus e's thats not bad at all.I was expecting him to thrash the place and even at that it would'nt have surprised me. And ther i was thinking you wer a real UTD fan coming on here posting pictures and all that.Ya probably don't even like football do ya...lol.

Jesus e's thats not bad at all.I was expecting him to thrash the place and even at that it would'nt have surprised me. And ther i was thinking you wer a real UTD fan coming on here posting pictures and all that.Ya probably don't even like football do ya...lol.

ah no, i'm a staunch man u fan ace, but was just on the wind up the other day to see what reaction i'd get from the liverpool faithful, ya's didn't disappoint either ;):D

ah no, i'm a staunch man u fan ace, but was just on the wind up the other day to see what reaction i'd get from the liverpool faithful, ya's didn't disappoint either ;):D

E's i don'y get wound up anymore and i'm well aware you wer trying to wind us up,hence the reply it's like a reverse physcology,i was trying to reverse the wind up.Ok so it did'nt work this time sometimes it does sometimes it does'nt anyways i did congratulate yez.I wonder would u have done the same....:D

E's i don'y get wound up anymore and i'm well aware you wer trying to wind us up,hence the reply it's like a reverse physcology,i was trying to reverse the wind up.Ok so it did'nt work this time sometimes it does sometimes it does'nt anyways i did congratulate yez.I wonder would u have done the same....:D

yeah man, of course. i'm not a sore loser, if a team deserves it fair play to them, even if i'm not a fan. theres always gonna be a heated rivalry between utd and the pool, makes for good banter in the boozers imo lol. anyway, still need 2 more european cups atm, hopefully pick one of those up on the 28th :rolleyes:

...hopefully pick one of those up on the 28th :rolleyes:

Ehem, cough, ehem... :pac:

Hellfreezesover.png

• Advertisement

Ehem, cough, ehem... :pac:

Hellfreezesover.png

:D:D:D

anyway, back to the oldskool ;)