Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

tdv123 wrote: »
    Is the 3rd tune of Tony De Vit's Regression mix?

ye it is mate, havin trouble getin a tracklist sorted for that mix would ye believe:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ken1975

ye it is mate, havin trouble getin a tracklist sorted for that mix would ye believe:D

@ bluemoon2010 , dont know if you've seen this or not (but it looks like track 8 is the one your after...sorry i cant help more):

Tony De Vit Regression 98 Part 1

1.???
    2Global Control - Crazy (KGB Energize Mix)
    3.Bounce - Get Off The Floor
    4.Untidy Dubs - Funky Groove
    5.Armand Van Helden - Witch Doctor (Greenfields Megablast)
    6.Junior Camp - Clap Your Hands (F1 Mix)
    7.Dyewitness - What Would You Like To Hear Again (Ian M's Trade Mix)
    8.???
    9.Mark Nrg - Brain Is The Weapon (Floorshow Mix)
    10.Wild Child - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)

Tony De Vit Regression 98 Part 2

1.Wildchild - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)
    2.Tall Paul - Rock Da House (Experts Mix)
    3.sounds like a remix of Cadenza - Rock Your Enemies
    4.Brain Bashers - Feel The Rush
    5.???
    6.V-Tracks - Subway 26 (Tony De Vit Trade Mix)
    7.???
    8.Tony De Vit - Get Loose (Trade Mix)
    9.DMB - If We Lose Our Lovin
    10.???

Ken1975 wrote: »
    @ bluemoon2010 , dont know if you've seen this or not (but it looks like track 8 is the one your after...sorry i cant help more):

Tony De Vit Regression 98 Part 1

1.???
    2Global Control - Crazy (KGB Energize Mix)
    3.Bounce - Get Off The Floor
    4.Untidy Dubs - Funky Groove
    5.Armand Van Helden - Witch Doctor (Greenfields Megablast)
    6.Junior Camp - Clap Your Hands (F1 Mix)
    7.Dyewitness - What Would You Like To Hear Again (Ian M's Trade Mix)
    8.???
    9.Mark Nrg - Brain Is The Weapon (Floorshow Mix)
    10.Wild Child - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)

Tony De Vit Regression 98 Part 2

1.Wildchild - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)
    2.Tall Paul - Rock Da House (Experts Mix)
    3.sounds like a remix of Cadenza - Rock Your Enemies
    4.Brain Bashers - Feel The Rush
    5.???
    6.V-Tracks - Subway 26 (Tony De Vit Trade Mix)
    7.???
    8.Tony De Vit - Get Loose (Trade Mix)
    9.DMB - If We Lose Our Lovin
    10.???[/Quote/]

ye seen this tracklist numerous of times on the net in differnet forums and that seems to be the same though the gaps seem unlikely to be ever filled haha...ah well the search must go on i suppose:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

EarlERizer wrote: »
    surely the promoter of that gig is picking up the tab for flights/accommodation/entertainment/riders etc and i'd assume an act like SL2 would charge a fee in excess of what our boys will be getting....yet tickets for this gig are between €10-15.

Thats the nail on the head G, but i have to say as much as it is extortionate prices there is something niggling at me if i dont go, was listeninng to ed case triple XXX in the car yesterday & would just love to give it sox to a few off that again!

Dilemma:(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Yeah I was the one who posted the bit of the tracklist thats already up. Unfortunatley thats one of the tunes missing off it. Have a feeling it could be something on Shock Records by the sound of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Thats the nail on the head G, but i have to say as much as it is extortionate prices there is something niggling at me if i dont go, was listeninng to ed case triple XXX in the car yesterday & would just love to give it sox to a few off that again!

Dilemma:(

I know what ya mean Key, the head is telling me to stick to me guns but the heart is pleading with me to "just shut the fook up and go" :o .You know only too well how long we've spoke of a reunion with all the main acts from bitd and it'll kill me to let this one come n go......The aul head is 'melted' .....

I've already poisoned my mind with thoughts of it been a wham bam blink and you'll miss it affair,what with the time limit n the amount of lads playing.

..... coupled with the distaste of a 'service charge' on the ticket price (fookin galls me that!!:mad:) ...... but I just know I'll regret it if I miss it & it's a blinder of a night (which I have no doubt it will be)

As for in car entertainment ...... :( the 'heap' I've been driving ground to a halt on the way home today....one big bang n it spluttered to a stop ....managed to get it home but it'll lay there now until i have funds to have it looked at properly (I may as well be looking up a cows ar$e when it comes to engines lol)

"Life was so much simpler back in the '90's" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Yeah I was the one who posted the bit of the tracklist thats already up. Unfortunatley thats one of the tunes missing off it. Have a feeling it could be something on Shock Records by the sound of it.

T do ya have that mix for u/l please

And check your pm's over on NI :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 NIG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 djsk

Lads lookin to name a tune, deffo early 90s, with a bird singin ''no no no... can i get ahead'' or could be ..''can i get a hit..''

Any takers..?

Sorry if i posted this as a reply to something..

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »

Yeah man i'll get up first thing tomorrow for ya.

djsk wrote: »
    Lads lookin to name a tune, deffo early 90s, with a bird singin ''no no no... can i get ahead'' or could be ..''can i get a hit..''

Any takers..?

Sorry if i posted this as a reply to something..

This one I'd say.

aceberg wrote: »

Actually heres the links here for it. still working from the last time I upped it.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/mQrMN9ht/Tony_De_Vit_Regression_pt1.html

http://www.4shared.com/audio/9q8-reU9/Tony_De_Vit_Regression_pt2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I know what ya mean Key, the head is telling me to stick to me guns but the heart is pleading with me to "just shut the fook up and go" :o .You know only too well how long we've spoke of a reunion with all the main acts from bitd and it'll kill me to let this one come n go......The aul head is 'melted' .....

I've already poisoned my mind with thoughts of it been a wham bam blink and you'll miss it affair,what with the time limit n the amount of lads playing.

..... coupled with the distaste of a 'service charge' on the ticket price (fookin galls me that!!:mad:) ...... but I just know I'll regret it if I miss it & it's a blinder of a night (which I have no doubt it will be)

As for in car entertainment ...... :( the 'heap' I've been driving ground to a halt on the way home today....one big bang n it spluttered to a stop ....managed to get it home but it'll lay there now until i have funds to have it looked at properly (I may as well be looking up a cows ar$e when it comes to engines lol)

"Life was so much simpler back in the '90's" :D

Ok, so thats that sorted. where all going on the 25th then yeah? :) i'll get the first round! :)
    I Agree with everyones view on the ticket price for this upcomeing event but im sure there's a reason for it, or should i say i hope there theres a reason for it?. :)

And speking of car engines,I am getting my car fixed this morning - getting the egr valve replaced and a few others bits sorted.
    Its over a year late for the NCT cert. My car was serviced 3 weeks ago for 250 euro and it's going to cost me another 300 today:mad:
    Car's are a hugh drain on the aul cash..

few tunes.

Sides Tune

Just thinking.. we should look at this gig as a veterans reunion just like the ones thay have in the states - Vietnam and WW2 ones :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

I Agree with everyones view on the ticket price for this upcomeing event but im sure there's a reason for it, or should i say i hope there theres a reason for it?. :)

Lads, any question in relation to the gig should be directed to: info@asylumdublin.com. They will give you the whole run down on what is going into this event. I know the only way that they will make a profit is if they sell it out. If all tickets are not sold then there will be a €20 charge at the door. I can only get one person in on the GL so I can't even swing it for any of ye sorry :( I agree about the Ticket Master surcharge(s) though. Its well OTT at that stage.

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Lads, any question in relation to the gig should be directed to: info@asylumdublin.com. They will give you the whole run down on what is going into this event. I know the only way that they will make a profit is if they sell it out. If all tickets are not sold then there will be a €20 charge at the door. I can only get one person in on the GL so I can't even swing it for any of ye sorry :( I agree about the Ticket Master surcharge(s) though. Its well OTT at that stage.

Agreed, i heard the guy who ran the CJ Bolland , Frank De Wulf gig a while ago made - wait for it....50 euro Profit ! :eek: or something like that.
    I guess it's easy for us to critise but that whole business of promotion must be a tough business.

Any one remember this flyer ?

2vt2ibp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 djsk

Looks like the one alright cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

liquid dnb tune i'm workin on atm, no were near finished yet and will probably sound much different when its done arrangement wise as i just set out yesterday to make a few synths for bass and melody really, the arrangement i only did to get some sort of a working platform for today or tomorrow when i get some time to myself (whenever that is :rolleyes:) still need to do alot to it, as its nowere near the finished article but any criticism good or bad welcome ;)

http://soundcloud.com/es-cee/liquid-project-1

Just thinking.. we should look at this gig as a veterans reunion just like the ones thay have in the states - Vietnam and WW2 ones :D lol

Will there be some Purple Hearts then? :D

In 1995 Dublin seemed like just another forgotten rave,
    but it wasn't.
    It was different in many ways, as so were those that did the raving.
    In 1992 the average age of the combat raver was 26...
    In Dublin he was 19.
    In inininininin Dublin he was 19...........

Half of the Dublins Rave veterans suffered from what Psychiatrists call
    Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder
    Many vets complain of alienation, rage, or angst...
    Some succumb to suicidal thoughts
    Fifteen years after coming down almost eight thousand men are
    still fighting the Dublin rave war :D

...and here's an updated remix! :cool:

..........right, time to go polish up the whistle,dust off the cap and dig out the white gloves.....now where'd I leave that vicks? :D

• Advertisement

..........and on that note (and fitting to the thread at the mo - kinda lol)

The flipside to '19' (on the destruction remix release) another cracker of a tune from my b-boy days outside the central bank :o

:( Alright , I give up.....yis can all come out now, "all in all in the game is broke up" ..... where d'fook are yis all?

:( Alright , I give up.....yis can all come out now, "all in all in the game is broke up" ..... where d'fook are yis all?

lol, i'm just on my way out now down me mates G, good pasts btw ;)

es-cee wrote: »
    lol, i'm just on my way out now down me mates G, good pasts btw ;)

Ah yeah, using your m8 with his cdj's lol go on outta dat! ....chat ya laters buddy! :D

Will there be some Purple Hearts then? :D

In 1995 Dublin seemed like just another forgotten rave,
    but it wasn't.
    It was different in many ways, as so were those that did the raving.
    In 1992 the average age of the combat raver was 26...
    In Dublin he was 19.
    In inininininin Dublin he was 19...........

Half of the Dublins Rave veterans suffered from what Psychiatrists call
    Post-Traumatic-Stress-Disorder
    Many vets complain of alienation, rage, or angst...
    Some succumb to suicidal thoughts
    Fifteen years after coming down almost eight thousand men are
    still fighting the Dublin rave war :D

...and here's an updated remix! :cool:

..........right, time to go polish up the whistle,dust off the cap and dig out the white gloves.....now where'd I leave that vicks? :D

:Dlol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

es-cee wrote: »
    liquid dnb tune i'm workin on atm, no were near finished yet and will probably sound much different when its done arrangement wise as i just set out yesterday to make a few synths for bass and melody really, the arrangement i only did to get some sort of a working platform for today or tomorrow when i get some time to myself (whenever that is :rolleyes:) still need to do alot to it, as its nowere near the finished article but any criticism good or bad welcome ;)

http://soundcloud.com/es-cee/liquid-project-1

Well done. I like the clarity. What did you use? Ableton? Nice job even though its not finished yet.

Another very fitting tune for all of us the wrong side of 35 lol , an oldskool gem (rare) that Ratty used to drop back in 92 .........oh, and I have it on vinyl! :D

the vocal is a sample of Country & Western singer Merle Haggard's Okie from Muskogee lol fookin classic!!

So come on party people , get on the floor n sing along if ya know the words...........

"We dont smoke Marijuana , we dont take our trips on LSD" :D yeaaaaah Merle , ans thats why you guys are a little bit Country!!! :P

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Well done. I like the clarity. What did you use? Ableton? Nice job even though its not finished yet.

i'm using reason 5 jay, great bit of software, has all the vst's included, because they're all made by propellerhead (the makers of reason) its very easy on your cpu as opposed to ableton which uses vst's from all over the place.
    glad ya like it mate, hopefully get to sit down for a few hours tomorrow and get a bit more done to it, cheers mate, i'll keep ya posted :)

Ah yeah, using your m8 with his cdj's lol go on outta dat! ....chat ya laters buddy! :D

lol, just back now man, the mate i went down to wouldn't know a CDJ from a BLT haha. any plans for the weekend man?

• Advertisement

remember this tune from bak in the day..a gem is what it is..not sure on the name though:confused:

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/69163778/file.html

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement