Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭crispsandwiches

Hi lads

Any chance of putting up some of the old mixes as the links are dead, or is anyone hosting on a website?

Cheers

Crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

Hi lads

Any chance of putting up some of the old mixes as the links are dead, or is anyone hosting on a website?

Cheers

Crisp.
    Try this mate
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~rebuzzdefuzz/archive/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

Hi lads

Cheers

Crisp.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=268391&page=182 mediafire links most of them work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

hahaha thats if your lucky to get your hand on a wav/320kbps

See there's certain sites that u can get them on.But u need to share aswell.So if you u/l your stuff u can gain access to other peoples stuff.It's just to stop leechers thats all.Have'nt heard that word in a long time....:D

Jasus that reminds me.I have a Jay Thang mix from the top floor in the Asylum and it has this 1 on it

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

aceberg wrote: »
    See there's certain sites that u can get them on.But u need to share aswell.So if you u/l your stuff u can gain access to other peoples stuff.It's just to stop leechers thats all.Have'nt heard that word in a long time....:D

Jasus that reminds me.I have a Jay Thang mix from the top floor in the Asylum and it has this 1 on it

Fookin hell ace you just put an end to a story me and the mates had for about 18 years. Your from finglas as you told me before do you rember the disco in beniven college that was run by the garda, anyway we had that tune on a tape and went up there one night with it playin on a radio a mate of mine kept rewindin and playin "we have a warrant for your arrest" over and over again to the gards at the gate and got himself arrested breach of the peace hahaha. never knew what tune it was till now cheers man ... Im in teers laughin here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

es-cee wrote: »
    done a bit more to this today, added some light strings throughout, and did a bit more arranging and re-arranging :D but its taking shape nicely i think.
    as in my previous two posts, all criticism welcome good and bad ;)

http://soundcloud.com/es-cee/liquid-project-1-1

Great job es, lovely teasing vibe. You sort of think its gonna build up to something big but hope it doesn't, and you're glad it doesn't, your just happy enough that it just keeps going on it's merry little way. Lovely track man nice one... I'm a fan anyway... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

For all things old school...

Check out...The Riddler...

http://www.webm8.co.uk/riddler/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

Tonight at The Twisted Pepper... Full details: HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :rolleyes: ... lol , ohhhh we dont do YT rips round these parts Blue ;) wav/320kbps or nowt!
    hahaha thats if your lucky to get your hand on a wav/320kbps

lol that's what ya come round here for!! your almost always guarenteed to get proper quality wavs/320's from one of the lads (see below for hint ;))
    depends on what music your into. i get wavs all the time of the stuff i'm into, vinyl riped as wavs by uploaders, but probably wouldn't be your cuppa tho (the music that is).

:D Quality rips from a quality bloke!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Slates33 wrote: »
    Fookin hell ace you just put an end to a story me and the mates had for about 18 years. Your from finglas as you told me before do you rember the disco in beniven college that was run by the garda, anyway we had that tune on a tape and went up there one night with it playin on a radio a mate of mine kept rewindin and playin "we have a warrant for your arrest" over and over again to the gards at the gate and got himself arrested breach of the peace hahaha. never knew what tune it was till now cheers man ... Im in teers laughin here

I remember the Beneavin well,i went to school there.The disco was actually run by the No Name Club.I was a member of the No Name Club :D.We became members the first year it started up.I think i was called a host and the ladies were hostess:p.As far as i can remember it was 91 when it started up.Its where i meet the love of my life :o.Your man Paul Collins (DJ off FM or something)i think his name was did the opening nite.There was about 500 people at the opening nite.I remember bring some of my on vinly along to see if they would get a spin,and they did :D.Cubic 22 - Night in Motion,Channel X - Groove to move,DJ Professer - Rock me steady.It was good craic.

It was run in conjunction with the gaurds. the idea behind it was for young people to be able to go out and enjoy themselves without the aid of alcohol or drugs :eek:Obviously that did'nt happen :D

Anyways i remember 1 nite meself and me m8 at the time Lamby,we drank a litre bottle of Pernod between us ''straight''Well i remember getting to the front door and a chap that was in my class was inside and he shout over Asa.I remember throwing the hand in the air to give him a wave and alright Jim.Next thing i remember is been at home trying to climb out the sitting room window to get back up to the disco and my women :o.Apperently what happened was i put the hand in the air to salute Jim but i just fell forward straight on my face.So when the organisers realised the state i was in they put me into a car and drove me home. and the person that drove me home was none other than Sargent Eugine Gallagher from the Finglas Garda station.He was 1 of the gaurds involved in the running of the club.If anybody here watches crimeline they will know Eugine as he does appear on that programme :D

Ah the memories

By the way slates where ya from yourself.I know u told me but i cannot remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

10 second loop of a darkstep track i'm messin about with atm.

http://soundcloud.com/es-cee/darkstep-project-1

totally forgot bout this tune till just now, keno flanagan after postin it over on facebook, one of me fav temple theatre crypt tunes, absolute banger!!!!

totally forgot bout this tune till just now, keno flanagan after postin it over on facebook, one of me fav temple theatre crypt tunes, absolute banger!!!!

Not a bad tune that ...... and a fairly new one too (Y2K) ....liking the ICE T lyrics from 'Colors'

But it was mine, so let me define
    my territory don't cross the line
    Don't try to act crazy
    cause **** don't faze me
    if you ran like a punk
    it wouldn't amaze me
    cause my colors death
    thou we all want peace
    but our war won't end,
    till all wars cease.

:D Yo!

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Not a bad tune that ...... and a fairly new one too (Y2K) ....liking the ICE T lyrics from 'Colors'

But it was mine, so let me define
    my territory don't cross the line
    Don't try to act crazy
    cause **** don't faze me
    if you ran like a punk
    it wouldn't amaze me
    cause my colors death
    thou we all want peace
    but our war won't end,
    till all wars cease.

:D Yo!

think that track could have been done for this film sound track, watched this a coupla months back, good watch ;)

bit of a monster this tune, stompin!!!

think that track could have been done for this film sound track, watched this a coupla months back, good watch ;)

No could have about it m8 , it was! , fookin classic track & classic flick,one of my all time favs.

quirky link to oldskool ...... Sean Penn's character is known as "Pacman" :pac: coz of his motor lol

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Does anyone remember the Dublin dance band, Microrave
    They were around in the 1990's, I think they where from the north side
    somewhere, they used to be played alot on Sunset 106fm,

The only track I remember they done is the one where the guy says ,
    Yo, Get on it, with a real heavy drum drack,

I would love to here it again, :cool:

This is the only part of this tune , I found on an old tape from years back,
    As far as I know they where from the North Side of Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

aceberg wrote: »
    I remember the Beneavin well,i went to school there.The disco was actually run by the No Name Club.I was a member of the No Name Club :D.We became members the first year it started up.I think i was called a host and the ladies were hostess:p.As far as i can remember it was 91 when it started up.Its where i meet the love of my life :o.Your man Paul Collins (DJ off FM or something)i think his name was did the opening nite.There was about 500 people at the opening nite.I remember bring some of my on vinly along to see if they would get a spin,and they did :D.Cubic 22 - Night in Motion,Channel X - Groove to move,DJ Professer - Rock me steady.It was good craic.

It was run in conjunction with the gaurds. the idea behind it was for young people to be able to go out and enjoy themselves without the aid of alcohol or drugs :eek:Obviously that did'nt happen :D

Anyways i remember 1 nite meself and me m8 at the time Lamby,we drank a litre bottle of Pernod between us ''straight''Well i remember getting to the front door and a chap that was in my class was inside and he shout over Asa.I remember throwing the hand in the air to give him a wave and alright Jim.Next thing i remember is been at home trying to climb out the sitting room window to get back up to the disco and my women :o.Apperently what happened was i put the hand in the air to salute Jim but i just fell forward straight on my face.So when the organisers realised the state i was in they put me into a car and drove me home. and the person that drove me home was none other than Sargent Eugine Gallagher from the Finglas Garda station.He was 1 of the gaurds involved in the running of the club.If anybody here watches crimeline they will know Eugine as he does appear on that programme :D

Ah the memories

By the way slates where ya from yourself.I know u told me but i cannot remember.

HAHAHA I used to go to that No name disco in Beneavin. Took me first trip there. Remember falling around the place laughing reading an article in the Herald prasing the club for allowing the local kids to have discos in a "drug free environment". Everyone was off their heads at it ha ha.

Anyone there the night Micko and Cummo played? Man that was a great night. He was playing Trip 2 the Moon and Injected with a Poison amongst other gems. Deadly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

SteoL wrote: »
    HAHAHA I used to go to that No name disco in Beneavin. Took me first trip there. Remember falling around the place laughing reading an article in the Herald prasing the club for allowing the local kids to have discos in a "drug free environment". Everyone was off their heads at it ha ha.

Anyone there the night Micko and Cummo played? Man that was a great night. He was playing Trip 2 the Moon and Injected with a Poison amongst other gems. Deadly :D

Can't remember this Disco? What year was this?

Can't remember this Disco? What year was this?

92/93ish

• Advertisement

Oh and did any of you go the Scouts Den, Spanish convent and Oakwood discos back then?

Oh and did any of you go the Scouts Den, Spanish convent and Oakwood discos back then?

I use to live across the road from the Spanish convent:cool: But never attended the Scouts. I remember the Oakwood discos but never went to them.
    I went to the Erins isle disco around 87/88? :o

I use to live across the road from the Spanish convent:cool: But never attended the Scouts. I remember the Oakwood discos but never went to them.
    I went to the Erins isle disco around 87/88? :o

Too young for me, was only 10 in 88. Didn't know there was a disco in EI back then. I remember being at a night out in EI and the stage went on fire. Was at a FACE night out if any of you remember that club.

Too young for me, was only 10 in 88. Didn't know there was a disco in EI back then. I remember being at a night out in EI and the stage went on fire. Was at a FACE night out if any of you remember that club.

Haha, Have not heard of FACE in ages:) a few mates where in it.was it ran by a American priest? memory is a bit dodgy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Subject

there is a facebook page for FACE :)

Haha, Have not heard of FACE in ages:) a few mates where in it.was it ran by a American priest? memory is a bit dodgy!:)

Haha was in it meself. Loada headers in it, Jimmy M, Robbie S, Greg somethingorother. Yeah I was in that club and yeah it was run by a priest, not sure if he was American. Dennis something.

FACE= Finglas and Canton Exhange and there is (or was) a sign post on your way into Finglas about it. Welcome to Finglas, partnered with Canton USA or something like that.

Haha was in it meself. Loada headers in it, Jimmy M, Robbie S, Greg somethingorother. Yeah I was in that club and yeah it was run by a priest, not sure if he was American. Dennis something.

FACE= Finglas and Canton Exhange and there is (or was) a sign post on your way into Finglas about it. Welcome to Finglas, partnered with Canton USA or something like that.

Yeah! I remember that sign alright, It was around the time they started this twinned towns thingy.A lot of mates where in it - Mick Kearns, Jack bows, Rod hill.

Yeah! I remember that sign alright, It was around the time they started this twinned towns thingy.A lot of mates where in it - Mick Kearns, Jack bows, Rod hill.

Must know you so man, know all them or used to back then. I'm sure I know your face if not to talk to.

• Advertisement

Subject wrote: »

was there an audio recording of this night done? would be interested to hear how it went, slipmatt is a savage dj.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement