Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Can't remember this Disco? What year was this?

Doubt you would have been aloud in Paddy sure u were a Kevins head.:D

Actually come think of it there were a few Kevins heads in the no name club.Does Kevin Burns ring a bell.There's another name on the tip of my tounge this chap played for Tolka Rovers.
    SteoL wrote: »
    92/93ish

Well the no name club started in late 91.I'd say the disco's started early 92 as i meet my missus on Easter Saturday 92 and the disco's were up and running at that stage as far as i can remember.
    I use to live across the road from the Spanish convent:cool: But never attended the Scouts. I remember the Oakwood discos but never went to them.
    I went to the Erins isle disco around 87/88? :o

Yeah i remember the spanish nuns.Remember they tried to run a blind date type disco up there between some of the boys and girls schools.I know Beneavin was involved and St Micheals Girls school.Basically 100 boys and 100 girls were given numbers between 1-100.The boys stood on 1 side of the hall and the girls stood on the other.So number 1 was called out and the boy and girl with the number 1 came to the centre of the hall to meet there blind date.I think they got to about number 5 and it went belly up.Why i don't know but the disco did continue...:D

Where was the scouts den again Paddy.Also remember the oakwood never went to it either.I had advanced to the Appartmets at that stage...lmfao.
    Yeah! I remember that sign alright, It was around the time they started this twinned towns thingy.A lot of mates where in it - Mick Kearns, Jack bows, Rod hill.

Mick Kearns no thats ringing a bell wer did he live Paddy.I know Rod alright and Jack.I think Dodger was in that face aswell,along with some of his m8's from around that time.Mark Ryan,Stephen (Stepper) Walsh,Eoin (esser)Machaon.Did'nt Mick Byrne run that aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Must know you so man, know all them or used to back then. I'm sure I know your face if not to talk to.

You should know me Steo if you now them,i would say we definity crossed paths at some stage. Going back to your earler post i'm good mates with Micko Morrison and Cummo, you should know Noel Cox so :) Asylum veteran like ourselfs. do you know Eric Foran? we started going to the olympic around 91 with a few from finglas south. Actually Jay C would know another one - Roisin Mc Mahon?
    Another one from finglas that headed to the olympic with us . She always looked like the bird from dee lite.:)
    aceberg wrote: »
    Doubt you would have been aloud in Paddy sure u were a Kevins head.:D

Actually come think of it there were a few Kevins heads in the no name club.Does Kevin Burns ring a bell.There's another name on the tip of my tounge this chap played for Tolka Rovers.

Well the no name club started in late 91.I'd say the disco's started early 92 as i meet my missus on Easter Saturday 92 and the disco's were up and running at that stage as far as i can remember.

Yeah i remember the spanish nuns.Remember they tried to run a blind date type disco up there between some of the boys and girls schools.I know Beneavin was involved and St Micheals Girls school.Basically 100 boys and 100 girls were given numbers between 1-100.The boys stood on 1 side of the hall and the girls stood on the other.So number 1 was called out and the boy and girl with the number 1 came to the centre of the hall to meet there blind date.I think they got to about number 5 and it went belly up.Why i don't know but the disco did continue...:D

Where was the scouts den again Paddy.Also remember the oakwood never went to it either.I had advanced to the Appartmets at that stage...lmfao.

Mick Kearns no thats ringing a bell wer did he live Paddy.I know Rod alright and Jack.I think Dodger was in that face aswell,along with some of his m8's from around that time.Mark Ryan,Stephen (Stepper) Walsh,Eoin (esser)Machaon.Did'nt Mick Byrne run that aswell

Not sure where the scouts den was now? was it the one in the villege? or maybe they had it in the Hall at the spanish nuns?
    I remember Mick Byrne, wounder what he's up these days?

Ah, the good aul Appartmets, do you remember la mirage bar Ace? that was some place!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Muppet at 1.16 mins, at the Harcourt Street Luas Stop ,LOL.

You should know me Steo if you now them,i would say we definity crossed paths at some stage. Going back to your earler post i'm good mates with Micko Morrison and Cummo, you should know Noel Cox so :) Asylum veteran like ourselfs. do you know Eric Foran? we started going to the olympic around 91 with a few from finglas south. Actually Jay C would know another one - Roisin Mc Mahon?
    Another one from finglas that headed to the olympic with us . She always looked like the bird from dee lite.:)

Not sure where the scouts den was now? was it the one in the villege? or maybe they had it in the Hall at the spanish nuns?

Ah, the good aul Appartmets, do you remember la mirage bar Ace? that was some place!

Yeah certainly do Paddy.La Mirage on 1 side and Top Catz or Cool Catz or something on the other side.:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Yeah man I know Coxy alright and Eric Foran sounds familiar but can't place a face now. The Scouts Den was up beside the Hole in the wall chipper (Belly Busters nom nom nom) :D

I know Mick B as well. Do ue know Jimmy Maher or his ex Celine Spence or her current fella John Doody? I'm trying to get Spencer and Doody into the Asylum gig.

Yeah man I know Coxy alright and Eric Foran sounds familiar but can't place a face now. The Scouts Den was up beside the Hole in the wall chipper (Belly Busters nom nom nom) :D

I know Mick B as well. Do ue know Jimmy Maher or his ex Celine Spence or her current fella John Doody? I'm trying to get Spencer and Doody into the Asylum gig.

The names are not familiar but I would say i know them to see. ha, i remember Hole in the wall chipper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

got my ticket this mornin, lookin forward to this gig now :)

Ken1975 wrote: »
    @ bluemoon2010 , dont know if you've seen this or not (but it looks like track 8 is the one your after...sorry i cant help more):

Tony De Vit Regression 98 Part 1

1.???
    2Global Control - Crazy (KGB Energize Mix)
    3.Bounce - Get Off The Floor
    4.Untidy Dubs - Funky Groove
    5.Armand Van Helden - Witch Doctor (Greenfields Megablast)
    6.Junior Camp - Clap Your Hands (F1 Mix)
    7.Dyewitness - What Would You Like To Hear Again (Ian M's Trade Mix)
    8.???
    9.Mark Nrg - Brain Is The Weapon (Floorshow Mix)
    10.Wild Child - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)

Tony De Vit Regression 98 Part 2

1.Wildchild - Bad Boy (Tall Paul Mix)
    2.Tall Paul - Rock Da House (Experts Mix)
    3.sounds like a remix of Cadenza - Rock Your Enemies
    4.Brain Bashers - Feel The Rush
    5.???
    6.V-Tracks - Subway 26 (Tony De Vit Trade Mix)
    7.???
    8.Tony De Vit - Get Loose (Trade Mix)
    9.DMB - If We Lose Our Lovin
    10.???

Wonder is No 8 on part 1 a remix of Brain Bashers – Do It Now

• Advertisement

nah doubt it mate, have checked all the remixes of it on discogs and that. i let u know if i found out

How did ya get to listen to all the remixes

How did ya get to listen to all the remixes

mates collection he has them all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Still missing a few off this one. Was hoping someone might have a tracklist done up for this already.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uzkc839oib9id4z

1. Interceptor 17 - Interceptor 17
    2. Mr Roy - Unites States
    3. Version II - Skychilds Toccata (6am At Trade)
    4. Dharma Bums - Dharma Means Truth
    6. Rizzo – Keep Ya Head On
    7. M/D/M/A - Karma Chant
    8. Kool World Productions - In-Vader
    10. Quietman - Tranquil (Art Of Trance Remix)
    12.Miro - Orient Express
    13.The KGB - Burnin Like Fire
    15. Rozzo - Into Your Heart
    16. Funk Patrol - I Cant Wait
    18. THK - France
    19. The Shaker - Just Lick it
    20. Mesquite - Hyper Spectors

germulhall wrote: »
    Still missing a few off this one. Was hoping someone might have a tracklist done up for this already.

http://www.mediafire.com/?uzkc839oib9id4z

1. Interceptor 17 - Interceptor 17
    2. Mr Roy - Unites States
    3. Version II - Skychilds Toccata (6am At Trade)
    4. Dharma Bums - Dharma Means Truth
    5. M/D/M/A - The Creator
    6. Rizzo – Keep Ya Head On
    7. M/D/M/A - Karma Chant
    8. Kool World Productions - In-Vader
    10. Quietman - Tranquil (Art Of Trance Remix)
    11.The Real Deuce - Who Killed Acid
    12.Miro - Orient Express
    13.The KGB - Burnin Like Fire
    15. Rozzo - Into Your Heart
    16. Funk Patrol - I Cant Wait
    17. Cocktail Twins-Remember,Remember,Remember
    18. THK - France
    19. The Shaker - Just Lick it
    20. Mesquite - Hyper Spectors

Filled 3 in there for ya Ger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

Filled 3 in there for ya Ger.

Cheers Ace!! Top man as always!!

http://soundcloud.com/djmixes/sets/universe-big-love-13-08-1993/

1. Frankie Knuckles @ Universe, Big Love 13.08.1993 50.03
    2. David Morales @ Universe, Big Love - 13.08.1993 1.00.52
    3. Paul Oakenfold @ Universe, Big Love - 13.08.1993 1.01.24
    4. LTJ Bukem @ Universe, Big Love -13.08.1993 1.05.02
    5. Carl Cox @ Universe, Big Love - 14.08.1993 37.13
    6. Mickey Finn @ Universe, Big Love - 13.08.1993 55.21
    7. Nick Warren @ Universe, Big Love - 13.08.1993 1.00.42
    8. Ratty @ Universe, Big Love 13.08.1993 42.40
    9. DJ Kid @ Universe, Big Love 14.08.1993 59.23
    10. The Producer @ Universe, Big Love - 14.08.1993 59.39
    11. Grooverider @ Universe, Big Love - 14.08.1993 52.12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

es-cee wrote: »
    ubiquity - bolivian angel (top tune indeed)

But that would have been an OLYMPIC classic sean!, sureley to cheesy for your liking:pac:

But that would have been an OLYMPIC classic sean!, sureley to cheesy for your liking:pac:

Strange that Bolivian Angel was Hugh back in the day?

Never did it for me. Isn't it strange the way you hate some tunes and others think there Massive? I think we all have a few of them.

Here's another one i set down to when played :D

:)

• Advertisement

Strange that Bolivian Angel was Hugh back in the day?

Never did it for me. Isn't it strange the way you hate some tunes and others think there Massive? I think we all have a few of them.

Here's another one i set down to when played :D

:)

Yep wouldnt have went mad for it now but its allright, was real olympic piano in it, lifted the place when it breaks, tune my mate detested was,

I didnt mind it all that much though.

Not a bad tune.

Here is one you either love or hate :)
    I'm kinda sitting on the fence on this one, mainly because it reminds me of an old mate that's no longer with us.

Not a bad tune.

I'm kinda sitting on the fence on this one, mainly because it reminds me of an old mate that's no longer with us.

I like that one though I never heard it out - only on tapes back then

Not a bad tune.

Ah no paddy, aint no sittin on the fence on that, absolute class that was, really brought the night winding down when it was played mostly about 1.30 and after if i remember right (i may not be remebering right now 19 years later:()

there not all cheese man, but its about 60:40 in favour of the cheese patrol ;)
    this would be one of the better ones, but those time frequency tunes and another
    few i wont mention for fear of upsetting people are "tesco cheese slices" as you put
    it before :D

Not a bad tune.

i'm wouldn't be on the fence about this one either, hate it. even snapped the copy i had at a party in my mates about 8 years ago coz it got played 3 times. not my cuppa at all but all my mates love it, ragga vocals do my head in in any type of music when they're constantly goin throughout a tune, especially ragga jungle, absolutely hate ragga jungle.
    not for me this track but every1 to their own i suppose.

anyone know why clubbers back in the day are seen with vicks or tiger balm in their hands, ive seen numerous of oldskool videos showing pictures of ecstacy etc but strangely vicks and tiger balm is what im most curious about haha:D

anyone know why clubbers back in the day are seen with vicks or tiger balm in their hands, ive seen numerous of oldskool videos showing pictures of ecstacy etc but strangely vicks and tiger balm is what im most curious about haha:D

gives you a bit of a rush when you take a deep breath of either ;)

:eek:

To induce rushes. Ah happy days :p

Olibus oil was better IMO. Not something you want spilling on your scrots mind :eek:

• Advertisement

To induce rushes. Ah happy days :p

still like the olbas oil myself when out on the town, do just rub it around my nose and happy days is right haha :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement