Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'm going all misty eyed :o:D

That'l be the vicks in your eyes jonny!:D:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

how did they use it to get the high was it rub it on the nose or carry a tub of vicks and sniff it simultanouesly haha:D

how did they use it to get the high was it rub it on the nose or carry a tub of vicks and sniff it simultanouesly haha:D

On the inside of a dust mask,

altern8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

germulhall wrote: »
    Yeah great to get these all together again, Jonny. I was missing most of them myself. Had loads of Universe tapes back then only to be given out to mates and never to be seen again as usual. That lad "DJ Mixes" has a great Soundcloud account. Heres just a few more of his uploads.

Leftfield – Live @ the Electric Picnic Festival - 04.09.2010

http://soundcloud.com/djmixes/leftfield-live-the-electric-picnic-festival-04-09-2010?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fdjmixes%2Fleftfield-live-the-electric-picnic-festival-04-09-2010

Dj X Ray, Glen Molloy, Love Decade & Carl Cox @ Harmony 9, Kellys Portrush, Sat 4th Sept 1993

http://soundcloud.com/djmixes/dj-x-ray-glen-malloy-love-decade-carl-cox-harmony-9-kellys-portrush-sat-4th-sept

Glen Molloy 9 - Peace Of Mind

http://soundcloud.com/djmixes/glen-molloy-9-peace-of-mind

Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?1tmefmx2zyx

Glen Molloy - E= No Hype'2

http://soundcloud.com/djmixes/glen-molloy-e-no-hype2

Love Glen Molloy Ger.Have a decent few of his sets i d/l from NI.Wonder is DJ Mixes a Northern Lad.

Anyways i bit the bullet today and purchased the all important ticket .All i need now is the olbus oil and the narcs.:pac:

So how many have purchased there's.I know e's mentioned he bought his so thats 2.

On the inside of a dust mask,

altern8.jpg

i see, or you could jus buy the inhaler and take puffs from that happy days:D

• Advertisement

i see, or you could jus buy the inhaler and take puffs from that happy days:D

Ye could, but that wouldnt be oldskool!!!!:D:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

aceberg wrote: »
    Love Glen Molloy Ger.Have a decent few of his sets i d/l from NI.Wonder is DJ Mixes a Northern Lad.

Anyways i bit the bullet today and purchased the all important ticket .All i need now is the olbus oil and the narcs.:pac:

So how many have purchased there's.I know e's mentioned he bought his so thats 2.

No ticket and No narcs.....yet.......:o

Ye could, but that wouldnt be oldskool!!!!:D:)

i suppose, just reading an article and it says they have banned this now haha...surely vicks cant be harmful to your health :eek:

i suppose, just reading an article and it says they have banned this now haha...surely vicks cant be harmful to your health :eek:

Banned Vicks? Bollocks, don't believe that.

SteoL wrote: »
    Banned Vicks? Bollocks, don't believe that.

no they only banned it from raves

• Advertisement

no they only banned it from raves

Funny, i thought they had banned raves?

Certainly hard to come by these days, and im sure if you did find one it would be awash with banned substances;):D

No ticket and No narcs.....yet.......:o

How come Steo cash flow issues is it....

Yup, will get ticket when I get paid next week. Problems sourcing the narcs as well........ gone are the days of deals on wheels when everything and anything got delivered to me by pushbike. Actually have to work to find anything now.

Well its certainley an issue around here, i think the promoters overlooked one small thing for all the original ASYLUM goers, they are all now mid thirties which means, Mortgages, Cars (taxed & insured of course;)), Chislers (which means school, sports, b'days etc etc), elec bills, gas bills, phone bills, which leaves €22.50 plus gargle money not easy to part with.

I will probably be dissapointed alright but they can fúck right off for €22.50.

Well its certainley an issue around here, i think the promoters overlooked one small thing for all the original ASYLUM goers, they are all now mid thirties which means, Mortgages, Cars (taxed & insured of course;)), Chislers (which means school, sports, b'days etc etc), elec bills, gas bills, phone bills, which leaves €22.50 plus gargle money not easy to part with.

I will probably be dissapointed alright but they can fúck right off for €22.50.[/b[

so you're not going???

Thought despite the complaining ye had all decided to go.

so you're not going???

Thought despite the complaining ye had all decided to go.

At the moment, No.

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    I have spent 20 euro on 4 pints of beer in a pub or a feckin t-shirt so I'll gladly spend it for this night.

I havnt had the luxury to spend €20 on pints in a loooooong while, as for €20 for a T-shirt:eek:

Think the drugs definetley softened your perceptions seany, ive never paid anything like that for a t-shirt, think it stems partly from me being a stingy cúnt & partly from reading Marx's das kapital, the value of the cotton is not increased to a degree which gives a value of €20, by turning it into a t-shirt:D

Jaysus in the good days I thought nothing about paying up to and including €130 for a nice designer t shirt. Not now though, no way.

Only 3 weeks left in work for me. Both looking forward to finishing and sh!t scared about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

That would have to be mandatory at an Altern8 gig, after all one of their most sucessful tunes was about when the vicks & olbas oil evapor8ted;)

http://www.discogs.com/Altern-8-EVapor8-Armageddon/master/6992

Ye!, well your air max arent as expensive as mine:D....come on whats the real excuse for leaving early? (lightweights from Jober that cant rave till the end of the night so need an excuse like, "Dont like that one")

*legs it before he gets a hiding from a gang of jober lads outside the OLYMPIC*

Just for you sean, this one always blew SIDES away guaranteed,

i love that tune man, more of an air raid siren than a police one :D its just ragga jungle that tries too hard to be like reggae, does my feckin head in.

€21.70 ;):D

• Advertisement

i'm lookin forward to the gig anyway, got my ticket on tuesday and will sort out some unmentionables before hand too, luckily i still live in an age of door step delivery ;) don't usually drink much at these gigs once the aforementioned unmentionables are consumed :D:D:D did that just make sense??? :P

es-cee wrote: »
    i'm lookin forward to the gig anyway, got my ticket on tuesday and will sort out some unmentionables before hand too, luckily i still live in an age of door step delivery ;) don't usually drink much at these gigs once the aforementioned unmentionables are consumed :D:D:D did that just make sense??? :P

It did, but will any of it make sense on the night:eek:

It did, but will any of it make sense on the night:eek:

hmmm, i think not lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Definitely wont be going myself it's a rip off no matter how they try and dress it up, anyway the youngfella needs new clothes,etc,etc,etc so priorities.

Yup, will get ticket when I get paid next week. Problems sourcing the narcs as well........ gone are the days of deals on wheels when everything and anything got delivered to me by pushbike. Actually have to work to find anything now.

I know the feeling.My bro had these blue pills a few weeks back.I did a half ealry on in the day.Was a nice relaxed buzz of them.Did the other half in the eveining time.I was gone with the indians.Fist time in years i did a yoke.Hoping to get some more for the gig.

I know where your coming from man with the whole mortage bill suituation.Have it all meself.188e does'nt stretch that far either..:(

But tbh,imo 22.50e is not so bad.When ya look at what some of the top artists charge for there gigs and they mime half the tracks.It's been a long time since i've heard alot of the tracks that will be played while out dancing being pumped out on massive speakers,so i don't really mind.
    €21.70 ;):D

Exactly what i paid this morning.

Hey keep me in mind when your outsourcing,just incase i can't ;)

I know the feeling.My bro had these blue pills a few weeks back.I did a half ealry on in the day.Was a nice relaxed buzz of them.Did the other half in the eveining time.I was gone with the indians.Fist time in years i did a yoke.Hoping to get some more for the gig.

I know where your coming from man with the whole mortage bill suituation.Have it all meself.188e does'nt stretch that far either..:(

But tbh,imo 22.50e is not so bad.When ya look at what some of the top artists charge for there gigs and they mime half the tracks.It's been a long time since i've heard alot of the tracks that will be played while out dancing being pumped out on massive speakers,so i don't really mind.

Exactly what i paid this morning.

Hey keep me in mind when your outsourcing,just incase i can't ;)

will indeed ace, just let me know on the a coupla days before hand if your deffo lookin and i'll let ya know whats up man ;)

will indeed ace, just let me know on the a coupla days before hand if your deffo lookin and i'll let ya know whats up man ;)

Good man will do...:D

Pink Volkswagens supposed to be the thing to go for tho might be able to get some yellow camels.

Pink Volkswagens supposed to be the thing to go for tho might be able to get some yellow camels.

those camels were great, had some of them last year at the temple reunion in radio city and at tango in the twisted pepper, great whack off em :pac:

haven't done anythin in ages myself so might see if theres some of those vw's around.

• Advertisement

those camels were great, had some of them last year at the temple reunion in radio city and at tango in the twisted pepper, great whack off em :pac:

haven't done anythin in ages myself so might see if theres some of those vw's around.

Yeah I had 3 camels at Heiko Laux back in December and they were the best pills I've done since the 90's. Hopefully will get either those or the VW's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement