Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

posted this before, but its a crackin track from 2010.

been caning the liquid funk lately, brilliant music, full of energy and not too heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

I remember the whole place smelled of it,when it got in your eye's it was a bitch:D did you have an altern 8 mask also Sean? and a boiler suit :)

No just a whistle and a soother:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

still cant get a name for this on tune id..anyone know it...theres two tunes in the same file second one kicks in around 1.10 :D

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/37853094/file.html

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

aceberg wrote: »
    lads anybody remember the name of this track.There's a lad on discogs looking for an id.I'm sure i know it but just can't put my finger onit at the minuate.

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/22746789/file.html
    mesquite hyper spectors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

still cant get a name for this on tune id..anyone know it...theres two tunes in the same file second one kicks in around 1.10 :D

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/37853094/file.html

1st is totem vibes on voodoo mate id like the id for the second meself

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

DUB33 wrote: »
    Try this link im only getting use 2 soundcloud Oliver leib is my first U/L on it
    Oliver Leib live cream reunion 11 old skool set of his own tracks & remix's
    http://soundcloud.com/marcnolan1/oliver-leib-cream-11reunion

link not workin marc mate

locked 1 wrote: »
    1st is totem vibes on voodoo mate id like the id for the second meself

cheers mate, sure is a good tune alrite

stompin mix of neurofunk, ed rush & optical. MC needs a slap but i've heard a hell of alot worse on irish mixes tbh :D

Just uploaded this decent quality edited as much as it can handle, Top tune enjoy :D

http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/23831914/file.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

What type of morning is that Paddy

the morning after the nite before :D

did u get your ticket yet or are u lucky enough to be on the geust list.

Was in my Acid humor this morning Ace! The work load i have on is mad on a monday morning, decided to put the head phones on and blare the music instead :)

Heading in alright, i shale be there at around 10.30 or 11 mark.Early i know but need to be there. :)

Robbed this of pat hyland Wall on FB :pac:

Remember this ? - Humanoid like you never seen before ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

lads anybody remember the name of this track.There's a lad on discogs looking for an id.I'm sure i know it but just can't put my finger onit at the minuate.

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/22746789/file.html

Sounds like another remix of DJ Chico - El Mambo Della Rambla

Certainly the same vocal sample anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

mesquite hyper spectors

**** me your right man.How could i not remember that 1.It's the (Spiced Up Mix).Have the other mix (Beginning of Time Mix) on mp3 and have both on vinyl thoooooooooooo.And i id another track as it last week...bloody hell.i'm losing me marbles.

Cheers by the way.
    Was in my Acid humor this morning Ace! The work load i have on is mad on a monday morning, decided to put the head phone blare the music instead :)

Heading in alright, i shale be there at around 10.30 or 11 mark.Early i know but need to be there. :)

Robbed this of pat hyland Wall on FB :pac:

Remember this ? - Humanoid like you never seen before ! :pac:

Well if you need an assistant i'd be more than willing to help.
    Great track by the way.
    EarlERizer wrote: »
    Sounds like another remix of DJ Chico - El Mambo Della Rambla

Certainly the same vocal sample anyway!

Cheers for trying man.I'm sure it's the spiced up mix tho.It's on y/t but does'nt give what mix it is.I'll double check d vinyl 2morrow.;

lads this 1 aswell i can't remember :(.It's on A Mick walsh mix.Hands in motion or 1 of them mixes.

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/99999070/file.html

Who here's on tuneid.com by the way.

lads this 1 aswell i can't remember :(.It's on A Mick walsh mix.Hands in motion or 1 of them mixes.

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/99999070/file.html

Who here's on tuneid.com by the way.

don't know that tune ace but i'm on tuneid.com mate :)

tune id sucks big time, someone should set up an asylum/ormonde/olympic id site exclusive only to tunes from that era..no B.S...just genuine proper tuneage :P

tune id sucks big time, someone should set up an asylum/ormonde/olympic id site exclusive only to tunes from that era..no B.S...just genuine proper tuneage :P

"proper tunage"????

ya do realise "that era" included hardcore, jungle, trance, house, techno, progressive, acid etc etc etc, don't ya???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

cool tunes those, used to love em when i 1st heard orbits ormond mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Alright Ger (and anyone else who wants them) , as requested, M/D/M/A - The Creator & Karma Chant,these are wavs and are fairly large so might take a few min to down :o sorry m8.

Anyway, glad to be of help, N-Joi !!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wi5kxtudcafht6y
    Karma Chant

http://www.mediafire.com/?199xl9a7b2wj5pt
    The Creator

In other news ........... :D:D:D I am now in possesion of my ticket for the gig on 25th thanks to my baby sis,opened my bday card and there it was! so happy days, just that slight hurdle of funds for the nights 'refreshments' to get over and it's all systems go.

I've already asked this one :rolleyes: but,sure fook it, I'll ask again ;) ......

Whats the craic on a pre-gig meet up with the lads from here for a coupla whistle lubricants and the 'put a face (and name) to the name' ?

Es,Stomp,Key,Ace,Steo,Dub,Holy,Al,Bilko etc etc

• Advertisement

Whats the craic on a pre-gig meet up with the lads from here for a coupla whistle lubricants and the 'put a face (and name) to the name' ?

yeah man i'm game, ya already know my face and name tho :confused::D

I've already asked this one :rolleyes: but,sure fook it, I'll ask again ;) ......

Time wise i am all over the place on the night.I won't know how im fixed till the Friday before. What time will most of you be in town at? and what bar? I would suggest Scallions on Townsend street, Just across the road from where 'barnstormers' use to be:)
    Ned Scallions has smoking area for the tokers amongst us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Strike me off G.

Alright Ger (and anyone else who wants them) , as requested, M/D/M/A - The Creator & Karma Chant,these are wavs and are fairly large so might take a few min to down :o sorry m8.

Karma Chant

The Creator

In other news ........... :D:D:D I am now in possesion of my ticket for the gig on 25th thanks to my baby sis,opened my bday card and there it was! so happy days, just that slight hurdle of funds for the nights 'refreshments' to get over and it's all systems go.

Was just thinking about the vinyl for this track M/D/M/A - The Creator & Karma Chant just this morning.I know where i can get it for free..:D.Just need to root tru a large bundle of vinyls.:D

Happy days on the ticket front.How many are ye now.I'm up for meeting before hand for a few beers and put a few faces to the names.:D

Time wise i am all over the place on the night.I won't know how im fixed till the Friday before. What time will most of you be in town at? and what bar? I would suggest Scallions on Townsend street, Just across the road from where 'barnstormers' use to be:)
    Ned Scallions has smoking area for the tokers amongst us.

Sounds like a plan Paddy.Not too far from the vaults either really.Just accross the water.:)

es-cee wrote: »
    don't know that tune ace but i'm on tuneid.com mate :)

Sorry was forgetting bout this.Did ya have any trouble registering.I've tried numerous times without success.Tried a couple of years ago aswell.Everytime i try some of the fields remain blank i.e. the password fields.So it's obviously the password,but i've tried several and no luck.I've even sent several e-mails to admin and i don't get a reply...:confused:

Strike me off G.

:eek: Are you away Key?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Slates33

I remember the Beneavin well,i went to school there.The disco was actually run by the No Name Club.I was a member of the No Name Club :D.We became members the first year it started up.I think i was called a host and the ladies were hostess:p.As far as i can remember it was 91 when it started up.Its where i meet the love of my life :o.Your man Paul Collins (DJ off FM or something)i think his name was did the opening nite.There was about 500 people at the opening nite.I remember bring some of my on vinly along to see if they would get a spin,and they did :D.Cubic 22 - Night in Motion,Channel X - Groove to move,DJ Professer - Rock me steady.It was good craic.

It was run in conjunction with the gaurds. the idea behind it was for young people to be able to go out and enjoy themselves without the aid of alcohol or drugs :eek:Obviously that did'nt happen :D

Anyways i remember 1 nite meself and me m8 at the time Lamby,we drank a litre bottle of Pernod between us ''straight''Well i remember getting to the front door and a chap that was in my class was inside and he shout over Asa.I remember throwing the hand in the air to give him a wave and alright Jim.Next thing i remember is been at home trying to climb out the sitting room window to get back up to the disco and my women :o.Apperently what happened was i put the hand in the air to salute Jim but i just fell forward straight on my face.So when the organisers realised the state i was in they put me into a car and drove me home. and the person that drove me home was none other than Sargent Eugine Gallagher from the Finglas Garda station.He was 1 of the gaurds involved in the running of the club.If anybody here watches crimeline they will know Eugine as he does appear on that programme :D

Ah the memories

By the way slates where ya from yourself.I know u told me but i cannot remember.

Haha a face full of concrete. I was there the first night meself and remember it being a full house didnt go to it again just went up when it was over to meet a few lads and check out the ladies. I remember garda gallagher well he was a nice chap:rolleyes:. Im from ballygall meself originaly but live in glasnevin downs now its not far away from ballygall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

:eek: Are you away Key?

Na, just not paying the fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Karma Chant

The Creator

Lads - if im in Dublin that weekend i think i am ill buzz into town for an hour or two if theres a meetup but i refuse to pay over the odds into this night not a chance am i getting ripped off but would be cool to put some names to faces.:)

• Advertisement

Na, just not paying the fee.

I understand where your coming from, but i won't be missing this opportunity to catch up with a lot of old mates. Life has gotten in way to attend such events over the years so won't be passing this one.
    In my honest opinion i would say you should bite the bullet and get a ticket :D or...we could all protest outside :D
    It's a one off...:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement