Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

es-cee wrote: »
    its not the biggest sh1t hole in dublin for nowt ;)

Your really doing your damdest to persuade me sean:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

with the amount of peeps headin into this ya can be sure with a little snooping around in the vaults you'll come across some1 selin em. its not the biggest sh1t hole in dublin for nowt ;)

Know what you're saying man but always hated getting stuff in places for some reason. Probably just worried I wouldn't get anything (tho always did when I had to wait).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Goosebumps thinking of the other biggest kip key eh???? :D:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i'd say it'll be one of those things that if ya don't go and ya hear how great it was from every1 on here, even tho ya might pretend ya don't care, deep down inside ya'd be sick ya missed it. i know thats how i would feel anyway lol :rolleyes: just get a ticket man, if it was only 15 yoyos there would have been no problem and for the sake of 7 yoyos extra (which wouldn't even buy a pack of smokes these days) to miss out on what is shaping up to be a great night with loads of the boards faithful on board would be a tad bit silly imo. granted i don't have a mortgage and kids to worry about but like the lads said, this could be only a one off, never to be repeated again event.

i command you, go to ticket master and buy a ticket straight after work today, tell the missus you'll be a half hour late for dinner tonight :D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

can anyone stick up the link for dj pressure 9 side A cheers

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NijZZHOJiM&feature=related

pretty sure this is the tune people were looking for, very rare to find. very interesting to see whether anyone on this has it on .wav/mp3 of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Cheesy vocal but you wanna see the crowd reaction to this in Helter Skelter in 94;):)

I used to love Jimmy J and Cru L T, those Ravey stabs were :eek:;)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Cheesy vocal but you wanna see the crowd reaction to this in Helter Skelter in 94;):)

I used to love Jimmy J and Cru L T, those Ravey stabs were :eek:;)

the happy vibe is always good in a rave, i absolutely love darkness but it can be a very moody vibe in whatever club your in, were as the happy stuff every1's just lovin it. these tunes altho good and full of energy, woulda been the beginning of the end of hardcore for me anyway, can't be dealin with high pitched chip monk vocals, drive me mad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NijZZHOJiM&feature=related

pretty sure this is the tune people were looking for, very rare to find. very interesting to see whether anyone on this has it on .wav/mp3 of course :)

Never heard the flip side to Jump so nice 1 yeah.

Yeah actually like this type of sound meself Jonny.Makes ya wanna get up and dance type of vibe.God i'd have love to make 1 of the big raves in England.

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »
    Never heard the flip side to Jump

G has it on vinyl, maybe he could do us a wav rip when he gets the chance ;);):D

Lads - im listening to Carl Cox - Global Episode 429 (03 June 2011) guest Slam i downloaded it last week and it's brilliant, Slam playing vintage old skool including loads of their own stuff,.ill upload it in a day or two if anyone wants it.;)

Never heard the flip side to Jump so nice 1 yeah.

Yeah actually like this type of sound meself Jonny.Makes ya wanna get up and dance type of vibe.God i'd have love to make 1 of the big raves in England.

do it man people in Ireland as ive said countless times seriously do not know what they are missing when it comes to proper Raves, in the UK it is much better than here.:)

check this track out, only released in 2009 but has '91 hardcore written all over it, only been brought to my attention just now on another site, bit of a kool tune imo ;)

G has it on vinyl, maybe he could do us a wav rip when he gets the chance ;);):D

Yeah that would be nice....lol
    Lads - im listening to Carl Cox - Global Episode 429 (03 June 2011) guest Slam i downloaded it last week and it's brilliant, Slam playing vintage old skool including loads of their own stuff,.ill upload it in a day or two if anyone wants it.;)

Nice 1 look forward to that.
    do it man people in Ireland as ive said countless times seriously do not know what they are missing when it comes to proper Raves, in the UK it is much better than here.:)

Doubt i'll get a chance now at this stage.But sure you never know whats round d corner...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

germulhall wrote: »

Tis indeed Ger.

But i actually like this 1 more.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Tis indeed Ger.

But i actually like this 1 more.

For some reason ive always preferred Untouchable, Ace. Savage EP all the same mate. ;)

• Advertisement

a wav rip would be very nice indeed:D

do be talkin to this lad a fair bit over on oos, i upped a mix pack of his a few months back with some killer trance and techno mixes a few of ya's may have grabbed.
    anyway, he played the asylum a few times back in '93 and he told me and loved it.
    coupla tracks here he made that are pretty god damn stompin, and the way trance should still sound imo.

this ones from 2003

not too sure of the year of this one, sounds like it could be from around 97ish???

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭turks

:D:D forgot all about that christ on a bike lethal tune,il have to blow the dust off that one when i get home in a couple of weeks.....
    yup yup yup, that trance be well 'AAAAARD.

SteoL wrote: »
    Goosebumps thinking of the other biggest kip key eh???? :D:p;)

You read the intention in the post perfectly Steo, couldnt be held in a more befitting place really.
    i'd say it'll be one of those things that if ya don't go and ya hear how great it was from every1 on here, even tho ya might pretend ya don't care, deep down inside ya'd be sick ya missed it. i know thats how i would feel anyway lol :rolleyes: just get a ticket man, if it was only 15 yoyos there would have been no problem and for the sake of 7 yoyos extra (which wouldn't even buy a pack of smokes these days) to miss out on what is shaping up to be a great night with loads of the boards faithful on board would be a tad bit silly imo. granted i don't have a mortgage and kids to worry about but like the lads said, this could be only a one off, never to be repeated again event.

i command you, go to ticket master and buy a ticket straight after work today, tell the missus you'll be a half hour late for dinner tonight :D:D:D

Im on a knife edge about it now, could go either way, time will only tell.

On another note someone just reminded me of an oldskool dive going back years ago, anyone ever go to the blue banana in clondalkin, if there was ever a place that was as violent as the ASYLUM that would come close.

You read the intention in the post perfectly Steo, couldnt be held in a more befitting place really.

Im on a knife edge about it now, could go either way, time will only tell.

On another note someone just reminded me of an oldskool dive going back years ago, anyone ever go to the blue banana in clondalkin, if there was ever a place that was as violent as the ASYLUM that would come close.

Blue Bannana = full of knackers and scum i went there once never again random ***** - "where you from bud" me - "cabra mate" what ye doin over here are you selling yokes on our patch" me - you wha, i haven't a clue what your talking about" i went there with someone i used to know from the area even they said it was a poxy place,could never even be considered to be a proper rave club in my opinion.

Blue Bannana = full of knackers and scum i went there once never again "where you from bud" me - "cabra mate" what ye doin over here are you selling yokes on our patch" me - you wha, i haven't a clue what your talking about" i went there with someone i used to know from the area even they said it was a poxy place,could never even be considered to be a proper rave club in my opinion.

I never offered it up as a Rave, i said 'oldskool dive' & 'as violent as the ASYLUM', seriously treacherous place evvery night it was open.

• Advertisement

time will only tell.

time is something you could have precious little of if the lad in ticketmaster in the jervis were i bought my ticket is to be believed. he reckoned it would sell out before the night anyway the way the tickets were selling (again, if he is to be believed of course).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement