Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Well i certainly wont be persuaded by some ticketmaster seller, im thinking about it.

999 pages, another few psots & its into 1000;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I never offered it up as a Rave, i said 'oldskool dive' & 'as violent as the ASYLUM', seriously treacherous place evvery night it was open.
    mad though in the i dunno 10 or so times i went to the asylum i never seen one fight and i never even heard of a fight the only time was when that shooting after that i wouldn't go near the place.;)

I unfortunatley seen some very severe stuff alright, jesus if you made a film about it it would deffo be 18's+.

Seen one guy getting stuck right in front of the cool pop bar where it was lit brighter than the main room by two mental looking cúnts.

Seen another guy fall into the jax and smeared blood all over the wall off his hands, dont know where he was cut at all.

Some very violent scraps aswell & when they broke out you were expecting the worst.

All that mind you never put me off my night or from going.

I unfortunatley seen some very severe stuff alright, jesus if you made a film about it it would deffo be 18's+.

Seen one guy getting stuck right in front of the cool pop bar where it was lit brighter than the main room by two mental looking cúnts.

Seen another guy fall into the jax and smeared blood all over the wall off his hands, dont know where he was cut at all.

Some very violent scraps aswell & when they broke out you were expecting the worst.

All that mind you never put me off my night or from going.

jaysus man something like that would put me off the place for life:eek: i never seen anything like that at all in Sides or The Olympic or Ormond, as i said ive only been in The Asylum around 10 times or so maybe less the worst i seen were gear heads skagging out i just ignored it and spliffed up.;)

• Advertisement

Nearly a thousand pages

keep going :D:D:D

come on 1,000:D

jaysus :confused::D:D:D

Looking to grab that 1000th page post jonny ye?:D

• Advertisement

I think its 20 posts per page so this would be 16.

EDIT: Wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

PROUD MOMENT FOR EVERYONE CONNECTED TO THE ASYLUM/OLDSKOOL BOARD..WE HAVE REACHED 1000 PAGES AFTER 6 AND A HALF YEARS..LETS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)

jonnny68 wrote: »
    ONE THOUSAND PAGES ;)

I would have gone for this me self as it was played in the ASYLUM also,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Would this be the biggest thread on Boards? Is there a limit to how many posts a thread can have? I know some other sites do so there does be such and such a thread part 2, 3, 4 etc.

This tune is what it's all about :cool::cool:

SteoL wrote: »
    Would this be the biggest thread on Boards? Is there a limit to how many posts a thread can have? I know some other sites do so there does be such and such a thread part 2, 3, 4 etc.

No, im not sure if this is the longest thread on the baords, but it is certainly one of the shíttest in the world,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055738672&page=4579

jonnny68 wrote: »
    This tune is what it's all about :cool::cool:

Fantastic track alright. Jonnny you should check out this mix if you haven't already.

http://www.discogs.com/Josh-Wink-Josh-Winks-Acid-Classics/release/1075944

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

I would have gone for this me self as it was played in the ASYLUM also,

thats a mental tune, one of my fav 'hardcore techno' tracks ;)

No, im not sure if this is the longest thread on the baords, but it is certainly one of the shíttest in the world,

Wow that's some thread alright. It has less views than this one though :cool:

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    thats a mental tune, one of my fav 'hardcore techno' tracks ;)

Yep, dont know how the ASYLUM was still standing after it was played, the noise was unbeleivable in the ASYLUM when this was banged out, when it broke & the birds voice came back in & then that dark bass line, my fúckin god!!!!! It really fired up the ecstasy & fuelled the hallucinogens in a completley different way.:mad::cool:;)

Wow that's some thread alright. It has less views than this one though :cool:

yep, thats because its 4 and half thousand pages of absolute shíte that no one is interested in except the real internet nerds that post there.

On the subject of Moby........love the small break at 1.06 in this one.

Yep, dont know how the ASYLUM was still standing after it was played, the noise was unbeleivable in the ASYLUM when this was banged out, when it broke & the birds voice came back in & then that dark bass line, my fúckin god!!!!! It really fired up the ecstasy & fuelled the hallucinogens in a completley different way.:mad::cool:;)

it was probably (altho not entirely) to blame for the structural damage i heard the asylum had when it was inspected after it was shut down. apparently it wasn't structurally safe from 3 1/2 years of pounding bass, and also probably the fact of squashing 1000 peeps in twice a week into a place not much bigger than a georgian house lol.
    which begs the question, were the floors actually concrete separating the different levels???? :D:D:D

i'm just after flickin thru a few pages there reading random posts, including the 1st, page and its just one big random load of nonsense lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Remembered when this first came out, You where sure to here it twice in one night it was so Hugh. but of course it was played to death and this horrible vocal version came out in later years and put me right of it. But you still can't beat the Original Mix:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

just curious i never actually knew his full name..does anyone know:D...and does he have an official site or blog etc

just curious i never actually knew his full name..does anyone know:D...and does he have an official site or blog etc

Rob (the blob as he was known back then :D ). Dunno his surname.

he's not even on the net as far as i can tell, tried lookin on myspace, facebook, bebo etc etc, but he wasn't anywere to be found, but then again he might be and just goes by his real name which is robbie somethin or other, never got his surname.

• Advertisement

Rob (the blob as he was known back then :D ). Dunno his surname.

:D:D:D he was always a big boy alright, but i think those "nicknames" for wants of a better phrase, were mainly got to do with his ego. not very well liked in dj circles so i've been told, because of his ego gettin a bit big for his boots. he was huge tho country wide between 92-95 there was no bigger name on the underground club scene.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement