Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

eddie halliwell when he was playin good tunage a few years ago, decent remix of loops & things on it too, wouldn't mind gettin the whole vid tbh looks a bangin night. looks like he's out of his mind on unmentionables as well :D

aceberg wrote: »
    Anybody got the flyer for the Reunion thats indicates the type of music to be played in each vault.

i hope theres some 155+bpm hard trance in one of em anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

es-cee wrote: »
    it was probably (altho not entirely) to blame for the structural damage i heard the asylum had when it was inspected after it was shut down. apparently it wasn't structurally safe from 3 1/2 years of pounding bass, and also probably the fact of squashing 1000 peeps in twice a week into a place not much bigger than a georgian house lol.
    which begs the question, were the floors actually concrete separating the different levels???? :D:D:D

Well i can remember bit of stuff falling from the ceiling on the second floor from the rave on the top floor, the floor on the top floor was big old mutha fúcker wooden beams, strong as you could get, the floor of the second floor (which was street level) must have been concrete as i never remembered anything falling from the ceiling on the main dancefloor & i think it was a hard ceiling.

But not surprised, the soundsystem was well over spec for the place:cool:
    i'm just after flickin thru a few pages there reading random posts, including the 1st, page and its just one big random load of nonsense lol.

Tis Shíte all right.
    :D:D:D he was always a big boy alright, but i think those "nicknames" for wants of a better phrase, were mainly got to do with his ego. not very well liked in dj circles so i've been told, because of his ego gettin a bit big for his boots. he was huge tho country wide between 92-95 there was no bigger name on the underground club scene.

There does seem to be some stigma attached to him from some quarters alright but jeeeeeesuuus!!! He fúcking rocked the ASYLUM week in week out for ages, i think time has developed that perception of him but it certainly wasnt there at the start.
    Hey Key,thought you'd be interested in this..
    I emails the lads Organizing the gig and asked a few questions.
    I asked first about turning up on the night and paying cash at the door?
    They said
    I expressed a concern about the ticket prices we all have on here - Boards.ie.
    Reply..

Fair play paddy, and fair play to the organisers, they sound decent guys, they have vindicated themselves in my eyes anyway & i am leaning further to going now, the carrot on the stick for sept wont get me though, real capitalist marketing:D
    EarlERizer wrote: »
    ...........and in other news

Which reminds me, Key asked a few months back (or was looking for clarification/back up that he wasnt dreaming lol) about a tune with the orchestral sample from '2001 Space Odyssey'

...... :o eh, Key.... I think this is what you were after after all lol ....I knew it sounded familiar but never thought much more about it....and there it is in my record box!! man my cells (or whats left of them) are shorting terribly.

Ahh thats it G, remember hearing it being played in one of the small record shops in merchants arch back when the ASYLUM was open & we were in town floating until the rave opened already buzzing on halves of white doves, mate i was with just burst into full on Raving in the little shop
    & the owner loved it.

Now as for the gig, you know you have to get the 77 bus into town G yes, tell the driver to let you off at the llast stop & let you know when your there, we'll come & meet you getting off the bus:pac::pac::D
    ...........:) So your taking a step back in time with the rest of us SD? good stuff, so far from here it seems EsCee,Holy,Stomp,Key(oh yes he is),Ace,Al,Blue, and possibly Johnny are confirmed attendee's
    :cool:

Ahh using a tactic recognised by the great vladimir lenin a long time ago,
    “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

(dont listen to peer pressure, dont listen to peer pressure):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Now as for the gig, you know you have to get the 77 bus into town G yes, tell the driver to let you off at the llast stop & let you know when your there, we'll come & meet you getting off the bus:pac::pac::D

Ahh using a tactic recognised by the great vladimir lenin a long time ago,

(dont listen to peer pressure, dont listen to peer pressure):)

Isn't the last stop on the 77 in Ringsend now key????? Don't think it goes near the quays anymore.

SteoL wrote: »
    Isn't the last stop on the 77 in Ringsend now key????? Don't think it goes near the quays anymore.

Ahh thats me bolloxed aswell so, me & G will ask the driver to tell us when we are on the quays:D

• Advertisement

Ahh thats me bolloxed aswell so, me & G will ask the driver to tell us when we are on the quays:D

HAHA get off at the back of Pearse St Garda station and you're grand. Just a walk across the bridge then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

HAHA get off at the back of Pearse St Garda station and you're grand. Just a walk across the bridge then.

Thats debatable, some crazy shít used to go on around there after the waterfront:eek::D

The thread has seemed to have grown in activity in the past year also, 10000th post was on the 7/09/2010 5 years after it began, we are now over 15000 posts not even a year later,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67873740&postcount=10000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Cannot wait, another 8 days left.

I will be listeneing out for this dark evil tune;)

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »

ahhh, that along with circle city - moments of inertia really define the ASYLUM alright,

I know the feeling.My bro had these blue pills a few weeks back.I did a half ealry on in the day.Was a nice relaxed buzz of them.Did the other half in the eveining time.I was gone with the indians.Fist time in years i did a yoke.Hoping to get some more for the gig

They were Blue Diamonds, very good. They are out now in Green. A little birdie told me:rolleyes:
    Camels fallen through and nowt else around it seems :mad:

At this stage, if I can't get yokes sorted then I couldn't really see myself heading in. I'm not one for just drinking at these events.

There ia always 'Bear Hugs' knocking about at these old skool nights. Never got let down before;)

ahhh, that along with circle city - moments of inertia really define the ASYLUM alright,

Yeah but I think this is the version which most resembles it. Like 2 peas in a pod they are;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Yeah love it.Reminds of this

Would love to hear this 1 aswell.The break is animal

They were Blue Diamonds, very good. They are out now in Green. A little birdie told me:rolleyes:

There ia always 'Bear Hugs' knocking about at these old skool nights. Never got let down before;)

Blue diamonds ya say.These 1's had no stamp on them.

Came across this today - have not heard it in ages and ONLY for the Olympic heads;):p:)

Came across this today - have not heard it in ages and ONLY for the Olympic heads;):p:)

Ah your spot on there paddy, right back even prior to my raving days that one but loved it when it came out, had it on this,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaos_Theory

They were very involved back then,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_Acid

Loved this track when it was out also,

http://www.discogs.com/Lords-Of-Acid-Take-Control-Lets-Get-High/master/12663

Ah love it Paddy;)

Sound, hopefully then there will be something decent in there. Sick of looking at this stage. Oh to be young again, deals on wheels where great days :p

inspiring little speech here from a kid who just learned how to ride a bike :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

Clever clogs!!! lol , I twigged that too but couldnt be ar$ed editting it at the time lol ....... ah after a few hundred posts on here you begin to try rely on memory before resorting to google lol .... we're trying to use the few cells we've left :o

Main thing is .....It was ID'd!!!!! ;)

i know thats understandable haha, and yes your right of course the main thing it was ID'd :D.....speaking of id's....someone mentiones on this that you have the flipside to gemini iv - jump, make me feel i think its called not to sure....is this it below, if not i heard someone sayin it was a rare bootleg mix that billy from abby discs had,,,anyway loads of people on this i think agree that this tune has been unnamed for quite sometime :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NijZZHOJiM

Anybody any good DJ mixing software they can pm to me please.

Anybody any good DJ mixing software they can pm to me please.

check filestube or isohunt (if you use torrents) for vdj 6 and make sure its cracked ;)

check filestube or isohunt (if you use torrents) for vdj 6 and make sure its cracked ;)

Don't use torrents e's cheers anyways

Don't use torrents e's cheers anyways

filestube is a direct dl site man, dunno if theres any links on it for vdj thats work tho but its worth a shot.

few mags in here might interest some of ya's here.

http://www.muzikmagazine.co.uk/

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Here's another stomper on Bellboy label

:) So your taking a step back in time with the rest of us SD? good stuff, so far from here it seems EsCee,Holy,Stomp,Key(oh yes he is),Ace,Al,Blue, and possibly Johnny are confirmed attendee's
    :cool:

Not sure to be honest, cash flow, babysitters and all that - plus I was never in the Asylum to begin with so can't really 'reunite' :pac: Might just get out somehow, long time coming.

What an intro on this, belter then too - really love to hear this out at about 2am when the night is well and truly in full swing.

Euphorhythm - Trans4mator

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Are ya heading in youself Dave.

Doubt it but as I said above might just find a way - wedding to go to the following weekend and thats kinda taking up any available cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Yeah but I think this is the version which most resembles it. Like 2 peas in a pod they are;)

And if we're talking about these tunes ........ ( Reincarnation is A FOOKIN MIGHTY TUNE btw :D raaaaaah) then a slot must be available for this ......

Works great with Re-incarnation ...... as witnessed by me, not practised by! :o

...and on a CJ B tip .... love this remix of Camargue

Love that Interactive tune too , have another release of theirs "Wake up" ... not as good but worth a listen (only its not on YT - 'cept for the sh!tty chart release :mad: which doesnt do it any favours)

They went a bit cheddary though, most of their tunes are a tad on the cheese side.

Can for the life of me think of the name of the tune but that melody in 'Koma' is very familiar ..... Sound Crowd wasn't it? their 'commercial' release on PWL if memory serves me right! Blue n yellow cover with a bloke playing a piano i think :confused:

Eh, :o Duh!!! scratch that ...Discogs has confirmed it for me lol
    Sound Crowd 'Orchestra' - Sixth Season

http://www.discogs.com/Sound-Crowd-Orchestra-Sixth-Season/release/495217

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

i know thats understandable haha, and yes your right of course the main thing it was ID'd :D.....speaking of id's....someone mentiones on this that you have the flipside to gemini iv - jump, make me feel i think its called not to sure....is this it below, if not i heard someone sayin it was a rare bootleg mix that billy from abby discs had,,,anyway loads of people on this i think agree that this tune has been unnamed for quite sometime :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NijZZHOJiM

I will confirm it in a few days for ya Blue, my copy of this vinyl is nested in a record box in the UK at present.....I'm sure you can gather from previoius posts, my memory is shiote :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement