Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

name tags? like ross did in friends? ha, nerds

friends? great show what :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

es-cee wrote: »
    a few peeps on here know the names of all kindsa tunes but it'll be a cold day in hell before they'll come across and tell ya, its like an oldskool dj code they have or some childish rubbish like that anyway.

Na sean, not oldskool dj code, just bell ends, and most likeley suffering from Narcissistic personality disorder,

Na sean, not oldskool dj code, just bell ends, and most likeley suffering from Narcissistic personality disorder,

lol, they have a medical condition is it hahaha, fcukin twats they are!!!!

es-cee wrote: »
    lol, they have a medical condition is it hahaha, fcukin twats they are!!!!

I would say most likeley the symptoms in red,

Symptoms
    A person with narcissistic personality disorder may:
    • React to criticism with rage, shame, or humiliation
    • Take advantage of other people to achieve his or her own goals
    • Have excessive feelings of self-importance
    • Exaggerate achievements and talents
    • Be preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence, or ideal love
    • Have unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment
    • Need constant attention and admiration
    • Disregard the feelings of others, and have little ability to feel empathy
    • Have obsessive self-interest
    • Pursue mainly selfish goals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

i agree..hypocrites..same people trying to get an id..searching for ages,even yrs,and then when they do get it,they keep it a secret..i think its terrible. terrible terrible terrible. ahhhh its terrible ted..if there was ever a word for it ted it would be terrible.music is there to be shared.share the love peeps

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

If they won't release the track name how do you know they have id'd it?

i was chatin 2 ken tobin other day about a certain mix i have for ids. he didnt know them,, anyway, nice bloke tho,he understands wat its like when your looking for an id, how frustrating it can be,he said he was looking for this track for 15 yrs,and only recently got the id..i asked him wat it was.and he said hes keeping it a secret, said it had sentimental value..whatever thats suppose 2 mean..its an ok track, wasnt pushed really if i didnt get the id for it.i rather hardtrance.or something a lil harder that it..here it is. http://soundcloud.com/ken1975/15-years-to-find-this-little-fecker

locked 1 wrote: »
    Lads hers Pressure REFORMATION enjoy;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?3e4428dkkzafr83
    7.20 is loop de loop-go go with the flow
    20.23 acension-somebody
    29.52 yomc-great feelings
    48.40 incisions techno gong
    16.43 http://www.discogs.com/Kamilian-Guidance/release/322869.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

i'm not sure what it is about people hiding Tunes and I'D's etc...

It goes bag years.. some DJ's use to cover up the label's so others would not see what there playing. But there's no excuse for it these days.

I I'D a tune a while ago on youtube, the chap that upload it had 'tune I.D' as the title, gave him the name and he replied he got the name already but was sworn to secrecy. What a load of bull if you ask me. Ok so someone put a bit of effort into getting a tune I'D,big swing! they think there the only ones out there looking to I'D tunes. :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

i'm not sure what it is about people hiding Tunes and I'D's etc...

It goes bag years.. some DJ's use to cover up the label's so others would not see what there playing. But there's no excuse for it these days.

I I'D a tune a while ago on youtube, the chap that upload it had 'tune I.D' as the title, gave him the name and he replied he got the name already but was sworn to secrecy. What a load of bull if you ask me. Ok so someone put a bit of effort into getting a tune I'D,big swing! they thing there the only ones out there looking to I'D tunes. :rolleyes::D

TBH Paddy i've been given id's in the past and asked not to spread it all over boards or the net.So if somebody gives me an id in confidence i do not like to break that persons trust.Personally i'd like to share the names with everyone as i do with most tracks.But sure what do ya do if somebody gives ya an id and asks not to spread it all over d net.Anyways the names eventually do come out.

End of the day there only god damm dance tracks.Not like d world is gonna end if the name of a certain track is released.Thats why i don't get too hung up on it.**** it if i get an id then i get if not so what.

The only place really the tracks would get the death would be on pirate radio stations or on the net.Doubt the whole world listens to them anyways.:D

aceberg wrote: »
    TBH Paddy i've been given id's in the past and asked not to spread it all over boards or the net.So if somebody gives me an id in confidence i do not like to break that persons trust.Personally i'd like to share the names with everyone as i do with most tracks.But sure what do ya do if somebody gives ya an id and asks not to spread it all over d net.Anyways the names eventually do come out.

End of the day there only god damm dance tracks.Not like d world is gonna end if the name of a certain track is released.Thats why i don't get too hung up on it.**** it if i get an id then i get if not so what.

The only place really the tracks would get the death would be on pirate radio stations or on the net.Doubt the whole world listens to them anyways.:D

Ahh your really posting that to keep your credibility up with your track ID'ers, what about PM's ace, eh eh;);)

true.out of respect if your asked not to share it, thats fair enough, but eventually they do get released.over time, and totally understand a djs new material, doubt id even ask for a new track.doubt ud get it if you asked, djs bread n butter so to speak.but its the old 1s that every1 wants.the fun is in the hunt tho

Ahh your really posting that to keep your credibility up with your track ID'ers, what about PM's ace, eh eh;);)

Ah sure thats the way of the world Key.So what do u do if one of the lads here gives you an id and asks ya not to spread the word.What do u do.Tell them to go **** themselves or.......

Ah sure thats the way of the world Key.So what do u do if one of the lads here gives you an id and asks ya not to spread the word.What do u do.Tell them to go **** themselves or.......

Tell them im not that interested in playing along with a narcississtic knob jockey tune hoarder:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

If your asked not to tell that's fare enough - But it's the people who don't wont it spread are the ones who have issue's:)

Tell them im not that interested in playing along with a narcississtic knob jockey tune hoarder:D

Yeah i could do that.Not really my style but.............If it's yours then fine.
    If your asked not to tell that's fare enough - But it's the people who don't wont it spread are the ones who have issue's:)

Sure there's lads out there won't even tell there best m8's the names of tracks :eek:There's still a few tracks i'd like to get an id on,and i know there's lads out there that know the names.But sure if they don't want to part with the names sure what can ya do.I'm not gonna lose sleep over it and i'm not gonna fall out with them either over a few dance tracks.Lifes too short.

.Lifes too short.

Just in case you didnt know the name of this one:D;)

long time since i heard that 1 great track

• Advertisement

Ye **** ye.How long have ya know that 1.Been aftert it for years.The word must be out now,only reason your posting it...............lmfao:D

Here lets all just get lost in Loveeeeeeeeee

last time i heard that was at an oldskool gig with altern8 in one vault and the ormond line up in the other vault, pressure dropped it and it went down a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Still no set times for Sat night :confused:

Oh man just had a little mini rush listening to that, nice one key. Not heard in years. Discogs says it's 2006 though - surely not??? :confused:

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Still no set times for Sat night :confused:

Yeah was thinking bout that.Would be nice to find out as to plan the nite out....:pac::pac::pac:

SteoL wrote: »
    Oh man just had a little mini rush listening to that, nice one key. Not heard in years. Discogs says it's 2006 though - surely not??? :confused:

1996:)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

Yeah was thinking bout that.Would be nice to find out as to plan the nite out....:pac::pac::pac:

think fat boy is last in 1 of them lads

and Warren in the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

SteoL wrote: »
    and Warren in the other.

Yeah I'd say that when their names are first in the list, as is the case from the flyer, for each vault it means they 'headline' that particular vault and finish off the night.

Fatboy:D:D

• Advertisement

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say that when their names are first in the list, as is the case from the flyer, for each vault it means they 'headline' that particular vault and finish off the night.

Fatboy:D:D

Yep that's how I see it as well. I'd be surprised though if Jay Carey was to play first (he's bottom of the list on the flyer).

Has anyone heard of this DJ Computer? I never have. He was an Asylum resident yeah????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement