Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Jonny lives in leeds chief;)

I am in a corner as we speak hanging my head in shame:D:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Jaysus disco biscuits were 25 pound and the enterance into clubs back then was proportionally as dear if not more expensive. Your forever putting up flyers for gigs in England which would cost a few hundred for a round trip.
    :DI think you guys arent allowed out

Indeed mate but those yokes would keep you buzzing all night and were amazing (life changing some may say) yeah the links i out up for the raves in England cost around the same as this asylum night but the difference is you get about 7 arenas as it goes on until 8am and beyond.;)

es-cee wrote: »
    yeah would make sense to meet around talbot street alright, even the master mariner across the street for a quick few.

jonny man for the sake of 7 quid, would ya not just bite the bullet and head in???
    7 quid :eek: id be the first in the queue if it was that price, if it's about €12 after midnight i might head in otherwise i refuse to pay over the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

jonnny68 wrote: »
    7 quid :eek: id be the first in the queue if it was that price, if it's about €12 after midnight i might head in otherwise i refuse to pay over the odds.

don't see the fuss over 7 yoyos extra tbh man, if it was 15 yoyos no1 would have a problem, wouldn't even get ya 2 pints, sure its nearly 6 yoyos some places in temple bar for a pint.

• Advertisement

don't see the fuss over 7 yoyos extra tbh man, if it was 15 yoyos no1 would have a problem, wouldn't even get ya 2 pints, sure its nearly 6 yoyos some places in temple bar for a pint.

even €15 is too expensive man, Layo and Bushwhacka, both big name International DJ's are playing the Turks Head the same night and advance tickets are a tenner or €12.50 on the night that isn't too bad for Dublin given the promoter have to pay DJ fees and flights and hotel,etc, i cant bring myself to pay over the odds for a club night and get ripped off that's just me each to their own but ive been shafted enough in the past for club nights and no more.;)

Oh yeah i avoid Temple Bar like the plague unless ive friends from other countries in Dublin (and i happen to be home too) it's really only for tourists. :0

even €15 is too expensive man, Layo and Bushwhacka, both big name International DJ's are playing the Turks Head the same night and advance tickets are a tenner or €12.50 on the night that isn't too bad for Dublin given the promoter have to pay DJ fees and flights and hotel,etc, i cant bring myself to pay over the odds for a club night and get ripped off that's just me each to their own but ive been shafted enough in the past for club nights and no more.;)

still can't see the problem, €'s aren't worth jack, if it was punts i'd understand.
    ya'll pay €22 in and then its €4 a drink then after that, so in essence you make what ya paid at the door back at the bar. go to most clubs, pay 10-15 €'s in and get robbed at the bar.

warren k just after postin these over on facebook.

SET TIMES FOR THE RETURN
    VAULT 1
    9.00 to 9.45 COMPETITION WINNER
    9.45 to 10.45 PARSLEY
    10.45 to 11.45 ED CASE
    11.45 to 12.45 DILLY
    12.45 to 01.45 MICK WALSH
    01.45 to 2.45 PRESSURE

VAULT 2
    9.00 to 10.15 HEAVY
    10.15 to 11.30 PAT HYLAND
    11.30 to 12.30 COMPUTER
    12.30 to 01.30 JAY CAREY
    01.30 to 02.45 WARREN K

VAULT 3
    9.00 to 10.00 JOHNNER M
    10.00 to 11.00 SONNY BYRNE
    11.00 to 12.00 PAUL ‘PABLO’ BUTLER
    12.00 to 01.00 DENIS HORGAN
    01.00 to 02.00 SENAN SHORTT
    02.00 to 02.45 MICK MORRISON

V.I.P
    9.30 to 10.30 JAY CAREY
    10.30 to 11.30 PRESSURE
    11.30 to 12.30 WARREN K
    12.45 to 01.30 COMPUTER & DILLY
    01.30 to 02.30 DAVE McDONNELL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

locked 1 wrote: »
    no Asa i didn mate have u amy other later fatboy mixes

Where's all the ones i gave ya....lol

Here's all the pressure mixes i have tell me what ya want and i'll u/l them :D

FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Asylum 21-5-94.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - BEACH KOMA.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Club Classics Revisited.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Feb17_1996_2fm.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 4.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Mark AsylumDub).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Senan).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 7.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incandesence.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideA).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideB).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Journeys In Dance.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - NUCLEAR SIGN-ASYLUM.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Open Your Mind.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Reformation.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt.1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 3.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side A.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side B.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (a).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (b).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ Rob - Live at the Asylum - Yellow Cover.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (TECHNICS).mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

SET TIMES FOR THE RETURN
    VAULT 1
    9.45 to 10.45 PARSLEY
    10.45 to 11.45 ED CASE
    11.45 to 12.45 DILLY
    01.45 to 2.45 PRESSURE

VAULT 2
    9.00 to 10.15 HEAVY
    11.30 to 12.30 COMPUTER
    12.30 to 01.30 JAY CAREY
    01.30 to 02.45 WARREN K

VAULT 3
    9.00 to 10.00 JOHNNER M

V.I.P
    9.30 to 10.30 JAY CAREY
    10.30 to 11.30 PRESSURE
    11.30 to 12.30 WARREN K

Could see myself in Vault 2 all night. Though hour long sets is a bit sucky but realise it the only way they can do it. Still doesn't look like I'll be going as absolutely skint. Pity it wasn't a week later after redundancy comes through :mad:

• Advertisement

still can't see the problem, €'s aren't worth jack, if it was punts i'd understand.
    ya'll pay €22 in and then its €4 a drink then after that, so in essence you make what ya paid at the door back at the bar. go to most clubs, pay 10-15 €'s in and get robbed at the bar.
    as far as i know you can get 3 bottles of Sol or Corona for a tenner in the Turks head which is good value, anyway i probably wont be going clubbing at all on saturday just a few beers unless i find out it's a lot cheaper on the door.

Cant understand why Mick Walsh wasn't given the last DJ slot and Pressure was then again Walshy was more of a Sides man (like meself:D)although if i was going id be more into Vault 2.;)

I notice they are now having another night in September, so much for this being a "one off" more €€€€€€ making :confused:

Cant understand why Mick Walsh wasn't given the last DJ slot and Pressure was then again Walshy was more of a Sides man (like meself:D)although if i was going id be more into Vault 2.;)

I notice they are now having another night in September, so much for this being a "one off" more €€€€€€ making :confused:

half price gig in september for tickets holders for this gig ;)

mick aint as good as pressure mixing wise anyway, can hear that from their tapes.

one of me fav mid 90's techstep tunes, killer bass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

SET TIMES FOR THE RETURN
    VAULT 1
    9.45 to 10.45 PARSLEY
    10.45 to 11.45 ED CASE
    11.45 to 12.45 DILLY
    01.45 to 2.45 PRESSURE

VAULT 2
    9.00 to 10.15 HEAVY
    11.30 to 12.30 COMPUTER
    12.30 to 01.30 JAY CAREY
    01.30 to 02.45 WARREN K

VAULT 3
    9.00 to 10.00 JOHNNER M

V.I.P
    9.30 to 10.30 JAY CAREY
    10.30 to 11.30 PRESSURE
    11.30 to 12.30 WARREN K

Just noticed, wheres DJ Thyme?

If you ask me it would be a necessity for Thyme to be there but Jay on from 12.30 to 1.30 is great.

Just noticed, wheres DJ Thyme?

If you ask me it would be a necessity for Thyme to be there but Jay on from 12.30 to 1.30 is great.

think he's in australia key, was on facebook a few weeks back and he posted on the asylum reunion page from oz anyway so might still be there.

think he's in australia key, was on facebook a few weeks back and he posted on the asylum reunion page from oz anyway so might still be there.

Now thats where your expertise is needed sean, should have him play live via the net to a gig in Dublin for the next one or this one if its possible.

would any1 even bother with the v.i.p. room had they the 'cash to splash' (just noticed that rhymed :D) on the tickets? some top djs without doubt, but the music policy is downtempo ambient stuff. doesn't really suite the mood of the evening does it, or am i wrong?

half price gig in september for tickets holders for this gig ;)

mick aint as good as pressure mixing wise anyway, can hear that from their tapes.

Yeah but "half price" is still gonna be a tenner or so with booking fee, i reckon just another €€€€€€ making excercise, just have one a year instead of 2 in the space of 3 months.

• Advertisement

Now thats where your expertise is needed sean, should have him play live via the net to a gig in Dublin for the next one or this one if its possible.

lol, there are big screens behind the dj boxes in the vaults, so all that would be needed is an internet connection and a ustream account really.

would any1 even bother with the v.i.p. room had they the 'cash to splash' (just noticed that rhymed :D) on the tickets? some top djs without doubt, but the music policy is downtempo ambient stuff. doesn't really suite the mood of the evening does it, or am i wrong?

Well not i, and vault 3 would be getting blanked also, dont recall these rocking the ASYLUM,

VAULT 3
    9.00 to 10.00 JOHNNER M

Yeah but "half price" is still gonna be a tenner or so with booking fee, i reckon just another €€€€€€ making excercise, just have one a year instead of 2 in the space of 3 months.

€8 as far as paddy was told by the organizers.

Gangsters/wannabe gangsters and their mots/wannabe mots/hangers on,etc full of crap charlie who think they are somebody cos "we're in de VIP bud" that's another bad thing about this night a bleedin VIP in the asylum,the original club could not be further away from anything "VIP".

Well not i, and vault 3 would be getting blanked also, dont recall these rocking the ASYLUM,

VAULT 3
    9.00 to 10.00 JOHNNER M

yeah those lads are part of the newer oldskool scene, doubt they were even old enough to frequent the place tbh let alone play.

Gangsters/wannabe gangsters and their mots/wannabe mots/hangers on,etc full of crap charlie who think they are somebody cos "we're in de VIP bud" that's another bad thing about this night a bleedin VIP in the asylum,the original club could not be further away from anything "VIP".

yeah was thinkin that myself, wouldn't be my scene anyway.

yeah those lads are part of the newer oldskool scene, doubt they were even old enough to frequent the place tbh let alone play.

Well i think thats a bit of a fúcking joke (im gonna stop maoning after this post) would it not have been better to divide up the extra time allocated to these across the ASYLUM DJ's, rather than letting lads play that wernt even old enough to go??

Well i think thats a bit of a fúcking joke (im gonna stop maoning after this post) would it not have been better to divide up the extra time allocated to these across the ASYLUM DJ's, rather than letting lads play that wernt even old enough to go??

yeah man would make sense alright, could still have the 3 vaults open but give the asylum lads a coupla hours each rather than a rushed hour long set. an hour is a very short period of time while mixing when your tryin to cram in what ya wanna play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks an hour is way too short for these legends. You'd only be getting into the fooking set and then have to hand/over or switch off for closing. Sucks big time.

• Advertisement

caning the ed rush choons i know but, i can't get enough of his stuff lately, amazing producer with a wicked label (virus recordings) ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement