Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

SteoL wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one who thinks an hour is way too short for these legends. You'd only be getting into the fooking set and then have to hand/over or switch off for closing. Sucks big time.

its a sad state of affairs the way the irish club scene has gone, bit of a joke having every club closing at the same time, think that was proven in the 1st month with the amount of stabbings and beatings in town, with drink & coke fueled people spilling out on the streets at the same time, was always gonna be a recipe for disaster. but the fact that clubs have to shut at 2.30am is a bit of a joke imo, shows the rest of the world how backward and old fashioned this country really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

es-cee wrote: »
    its a sad state of affairs the way the irish club scene has gone, bit of a joke having every club closing at the same time, think that was proven in the 1st month with the amount of stabbings and beatings in town, with drink & coke fueled people spilling out on the streets at the same time, was always gonna be a recipe for disaster. but the fact that clubs have to shut at 2.30am is a bit of a joke imo, shows the rest of the world how backward and old fashioned this country really is.

Yep it's a joke. In every other country the night is only getting started at 2.30. Ridiculous hour for shutting up shop.

Yep it's a joke. In every other country the night is only getting started at 2.30. Ridiculous hour for shutting up shop.

its even the same for festivals anall, its is quite ridiculous alright. they know how to do things properly in the uk with all night raves that go on till the following afternoon in some cases. what this country needs is warehouse parties to start back up imo, if enough of them were goin on and catching media attention as well as doing clubs out of business things would have to change. this countries music policies are rank anyway, techno, trance and house, a bit more variation wouldn't go astray, i know dubstep is big atm too but who here really gives a sh1t about that? lol.

this tune is good tho, the video is brilliant as well and emphasizes my point about warehouse paryies lol. but most of it sucks beyond belief imo anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

The main thing for me this weekend is meeting everybody again from my Olympic , Sides and Asylum days:) Many friend will be there this Saturday and i can't wait for it. They could charge 20,30,40 euro for all i care as meeting up with all the old DJ's and Patrons is the what im looking forward to most! If the DJ's play good sets well that's a bonus.

@ Ace - i managed to get the Eric Foran to go. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Oh ye, because that didnt happen when the ASYLUM was open all night:pac:
    The main thing for me this weekend is meeting everybody again from my Olympic , Sides and Asylum dayssmile.gif Many friend will be there this Saturday and i can't wait for it. They could charge 20,30,40 euro for all i care as meeting up with all the old DJ's and Patrons is the what im looking forward to most! If the DJ's play good sets well that's a bonus.

Awww stop, im welling up here:pac:

No seriously, good to meet a load of real ASYLUM devotees together again, the ones it obviously meant most to as here we are still on about it everyday!!!!!

• Advertisement

Oh ye, because that didnt happen when the ASYLUM was open all night:pac:

obviously it happened in the asylum but, that was down to very very very very very very very lax rules :pac::D

nah but in all seriousness, theres deffo gonna have to be somethin done about licencing laws over here. the government are urging people to spend money but when i comes to a night out we don't get any value for money, pubs closing at 12.30 on weekends is fine but offo's closing at 10pm and clubs closing at 2.30am is a bit much. i wouldn't expect this backward nation of ours to take a leaf out of britains book and make drinkin a 24 hour thing but, at least let clubs open til 4/5am.
    there was meant to be a review of the licencing laws sometime this year, but obviously that hasn't happened. think 4am was on the table for clubs and 12am for offo's, think pubs were to remain the same.
    all we can do is live in hope i guess lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

obviously it happened in the asylum but, that was down to very very very very very very very lax rules :pac::D

Sorry sean but you are totally wrong there, there was no rules.

*except dont cross the ballier heads by sellin yokes:eek:*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

Came across this cracker in the collection the other day

Sorry sean but you are totally wrong there, there was no rules.

*except dont cross the ballier heads by sellin yokes:eek:*

or the finglas heads as well apparently, meant to be a bit of a rivalry there as to whos patch the place was wasn't there? imagine 2 gangs fighting over whos patch a club is, the fookin cheek!!! :D

• Advertisement

Why don't ye go for pre boozeup in O'Reillys (under Tara St station)? Pints between €3 or €4 all day, every day.

Why don't ye go for pre boozeup in O'Reillys (under Tara St station)? Pints between €3 or €4 all day, every day.

i'm easy man (don't mean my name is easy as in es-cee :D) but i'm easy were ever, i can get a bus straight into there from were i live so its no biggie, i was just thinkin it might be handier nearer the venue, but sure were ever ya's wanna go i don't mind.

i'm easy man (don't mean my name is easy as in es-cee :D) but i'm easy were ever, i can get a bus straight into there from were i live so its no biggie, i was just thinkin it might be handier nearer the venue, but sure were ever ya's wanna go i don't mind.

Just thinking of funds (or lack thereof) that we call moan about these days. I might be able to get a loan off a mate to head in, would rather somewhere cheapish for pints. Depends on how much the mate can afford to give me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Really that sounds deadly, good old O Reillys used to go there after work all the time when i worked in town, good spot for pulling those office birds who used to have a bit too much to drink, Laura in HR hi darling :D:D:D:D:D:D

yeah sounds good man, every little helps as tesco say :D

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Really that sounds deadly, good old O Reillys used to go there after work all the time when i worked in town, good spot for pulling those office birds who used to have a bit too much to drink, Laura in HR hi darling :D:D:D:D:D:D

Yep though it isn't called O'Reillys anymore as far as I am aware and I believe it might be a rock bar on a Sat but who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

The main thing for me this weekend is meeting everybody again from my Olympic , Sides and Asylum days:) Many friend will be there this Saturday and i can't wait for it. They could charge 20,30,40 euro for all i care as meeting up with all the old DJ's and Patrons is the what im looking forward to most! If the DJ's play good sets well that's a bonus.

@ Ace - i managed to get the Eric Foran to go. :D

Jasus Paddy did know ya missed me that much :D

Ah thats excellent that ya managed to persuade Eric to head along.Be good to catch up wuth the pair of ye.So will u make it for a pre event beer orrr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

good call Steo.So what time are ppl heading in at.The vaults is open at 9.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

I see this Saturday's gig 'The Return' at The Vaults shall be recorded live for broadcast on 2FM.

• Advertisement

I see this Saturday's gig 'The Return' at The Vaults shall be recorded live for broadcast on 2FM.

its gettin released as a mix and dvd pack as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

aceberg wrote: »
    Where's all the ones i gave ya....lol

Here's all the pressure mixes i have tell me what ya want and i'll u/l them :D

FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Asylum 21-5-94.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - BEACH KOMA.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Club Classics Revisited.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Feb17_1996_2fm.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 4.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Mark AsylumDub).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Senan).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 7.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incandesence.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideA).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideB).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Journeys In Dance.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - NUCLEAR SIGN-ASYLUM.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Open Your Mind.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Reformation.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt.1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 3.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side A.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side B.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (a).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (b).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ Rob - Live at the Asylum - Yellow Cover.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (TECHNICS).mp3

unknown pleaseures and take control Asa mate cheers

are ya headin in yourself Al?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

aceberg wrote: »
    Where's all the ones i gave ya....lol

Here's all the pressure mixes i have tell me what ya want and i'll u/l them :D

FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Asylum 21-5-94.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - BEACH KOMA.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Club Classics Revisited.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Feb17_1996_2fm.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 4.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Mark AsylumDub).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Senan).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 7.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incandesence.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideA).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideB).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Journeys In Dance.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - NUCLEAR SIGN-ASYLUM.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Open Your Mind.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Reformation.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt.1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 3.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side A.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side B.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (a).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (b).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ Rob - Live at the Asylum - Yellow Cover.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (TECHNICS).mp3

Any chance you could upload "WeekEnder" & "ROLLIN HEIGHTS" please ace. don't think i've ever heard them ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Robbing bas*ards it's €20 on the door seen it on facebook they can definitely stick it up their arse now i thought it might have been a bit cheaper after a while but not so, enjoy yourself anyway folks ill try and nip into town for a few beers anyway.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Robbing bas*ards it's €20 on the door seen it on facebook they can definitely stick it up their arse now i thought it might have been a bit cheaper after a while but not so, enjoy yourself anyway folks ill try and nip into town for a few beers anyway.

goin to reilly's looks like jonny, be good to have a few jars with ya anyway lad ;)

its gettin released as a mix and dvd pack as well :)
    will deffo buy it when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Heres Dj Computer live @ The Asylum

http://www.mediafire.com/?nshytx5mdnlo0jl

http://www.mediafire.com/?sy01edhm73vehow

I kno its a score but fcuk it as far as im concerned its well worth it 2 hav all them djs in the 1 place & i really hope they all dig deep into there collections & pull out some proper asylum classic's :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

yeah those lads are part of the newer oldskool scene, doubt they were even old enough to frequent the place tbh let alone play.

Ah I fairness to Senan, he's been instrumental in keeping the oldskool vibe alive throughout Dublin, one of the 1st to bring back the oldskool sounds and the nights of their ilk so credit to him for that!, the others I've not heard of other than Pablo, maybe its a 'clique' lol :pac:

It'll be V2 for me mainly,Jay & Warren :cool: ..... no doubt with sorties into the others for 'whats the craic' purposes .........the VIP lol :rolleyes: eh,no thanks.

While i'm not getting the same old "Jaysus cant wait for Sat" buzz I used to get, I am quite built up in antisipation.:D

• Advertisement

are ya headin in yourself Al?

Still trying to find baby sitters, for me and the Missis to head in, :mad:
    will know on Friday. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement