Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Come to think of it, I did leave The Orb in 1994 sporting a brand new Orb t-shirt and madourovit... so yeah there could well be lots of Asylum t-shirts hitting the streets of Dublin with people chewing the face of themselves wandering through the streets!

May have been discussed here before or maybe not, memory not what it was :pac: Does anyone remember buying cider off the newspaper stand on O'Connell St back then? Probably about 3.30 in the morning and you'd stroll up to the newspaper stand and walk off with your flagon of cider... I think Linden Village or the like... we used to have our Buckfast stashed also for after but it was nice to grab a flagon too for heading back to whatever party.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

asylum tshirt?isnt that the black or white free marathon sprts tshirt ya use 2 get when ya bought your new pair of air max? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Come to think of it, I did leave The Orb in 1994 sporting a brand new Orb t-shirt and madourovit... so yeah there could well be lots of Asylum t-shirts hitting the streets of Dublin with people chewing the face of themselves wandering through the streets!

May have been discussed here before or maybe not, memory not what it was :pac: Does anyone remember buying cider off the newspaper stand on O'Connell St back then? Probably about 3.30 in the morning and you'd stroll up to the newspaper stand and walk off with your flagon of cider... I think Linden Village or the like... we used to have our Buckfast stashed also for after but it was nice to grab a flagon too for heading back to whatever party.

lol, i forgot bout that stand..did a few 3.30 pick ups and if memory is right,remember been all outa gargle and getting the first bus into town to see if any flagoooons left:D

asylum tshirt?isnt that the black or white free marathon sprts tshirt ya use 2 get when ya bought your new pair of air max? lol

When you think bout it,the choice that is avaiable in clothes/stores/internet etc...we were living in the dark ages.I remember the air max in the shops were 1 range/couple months ahead of down here.So being a reg visitor to the north,i thought i was the sh1t with shoes no one else had.When i think of the pair i had that were black with illuminous pink swoosh i cringe....i thought they were the bizz at the time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

i had the black with green swoosh.the black 501s and shirt.asylum attire ha,
    just remember some poor lad in asylum 1 night who fell asleep, woke up with no runners jacket etc,the lil bastards lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

4546140240swf.jpg

You can buy T-Shirts from Sunday 26th of june.

http://asylumdublin.com/#/asylum-store/4550569011

Anyone actually know who it is thats behind this site & Saturdays gig?

i had the black with green swoosh.the black 501s and shirt.asylum attire ha,
    just remember some poor lad in asylum 1 night who fell asleep, woke up with no runners jacket etc,the lil bastards lol

I remember hearing that alright..I remember getting limited edition ones,they were black and brown suede with the bubble going right round the back.

A mate of mine had big garage out the back and had the decks set up in there with big four seater leather sofa,lights all the sh1t...So no monies left to go out that night,we all pitched in and got some doves.Was winter,so he had the super ser heater on and u can guess what happened...ye thats right fookin donkey kong here goofed off with my feet beside the heater and the bubble on one the shoes expanded an inch in all direction...wrecked me buzz...not the lads tho,they were in tears for bout an hour...foookin bishes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Anyone actually know who it is thats behind this site & Saturdays gig?

think dilly is one of the promoters, but don't quote me on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Ah i do indeed, cant remember what brand but sure it wouldnt have mattered what it was really at that stage. he used to sit on the left hand side on the corner of o'connell st. if you were coming from the southside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

aceberg wrote: »
    Where's all the ones i gave ya....lol

Here's all the pressure mixes i have tell me what ya want and i'll u/l them :D

FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Blue - Gradiation Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incisions Part 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Asylum 21-5-94.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - BEACH KOMA.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Club Classics Revisited.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - DEEPER (Side B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Feb17_1996_2fm.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 1 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 10 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 2 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 3 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 4.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Mark AsylumDub).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 5 (Senan).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 6 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 7.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 8 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - House Pressure 9 - B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incandesence.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideA).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideB).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Journeys In Dance.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - NUCLEAR SIGN-ASYLUM.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Open Your Mind.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Reformation.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - ROLLIN HEIGHTS (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Still Life Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt.1.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Take Control pt2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 3.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side A.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side B.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Unknown Pleasures Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wanted [live_at_the_asylum] Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side A.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - WeekEnder Side B.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (a).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (b).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ Rob - Live at the Asylum - Yellow Cover.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (TECHNICS).mp3

any chance of uploadin (Promo) Live in the Mix Club FM & Still Life wen u get a chance nice 1 mate.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

slim wrote: »
    senan shortt asylum renuion warm up show on tech radio dublin
    live now till 12
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/www-techradio-org

****e...i was out after missin it...was it any good?? anyone have a recording done r sumtin on it wouldnt mind havin a listen to it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

****e...i was out after missin it...was it any good?? anyone have a recording done r sumtin on it wouldnt mind havin a listen to it :p

Are you going tomorrow mooner?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

SteoL wrote: »
    Are you going tomorrow mooner?

no steve stuck for cash:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

no steve stuck for cash:mad:

Pity man. Know the feeling. I had to get a loan off a mate for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    I remember hearing that alright..I remember getting limited edition ones,they were black and brown suede with the bubble going right round the back.

A mate of mine had big garage out the back and had the decks set up in there with big four seater leather sofa,lights all the sh1t...So no monies left to go out that night,we all pitched in and got some doves.Was winter,so he had the super ser heater on and u can guess what happened...ye thats right fookin donkey kong here goofed off with my feet beside the heater and the bubble on one the shoes expanded an inch in all direction...wrecked me buzz...not the lads tho,they were in tears for bout an hour...foookin bishes:D

Are you referring to Nike Air Triax, which was out between 94-95? If so that’s the ones which were them colours alright and they had a bubble going right round the back which was purple inside. Had 2 pairs of them and the last pair got nicked. Used to take them off before coming in the back door and some swine must of be creeping back gardens and helped him/herself to them.

PS Great story:D.
    Have a few mad stories from after parties and house sessions, might have a new one come Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Are you referring to Nike Air Triax, which was out between 94-95? If so that’s the ones which were them colours alright and they had a bubble going right round the back which was purple inside. Had 2 pairs of them and the last pair got nicked. Used to take them off before coming in the back door and some swine must of be creeping back gardens and helped him/herself to them.

PS Great story:D.
    Have a few mad stories from after parties and house sessions, might have a new one come Sunday

I was talking to someone who was saying that a friend of hers was going in on Saturday night, ‘Skitz’. Someone on here was saying they were at his shed parties after the Olympic many moons ago???? Knew him meself from BITD. Looks like all the skeletons are coming outta the closet for this one lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Some good press :)

296kho4.jpg

• Advertisement

Some good press :)

296kho4.jpg

i'm really lookin forward this tomorrow, have we decided on a boozer and time for deffo yet for the pre gig meet up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

• Registered Users Posts: 32 slim

catch me tonite folks on www.techradio.org giving ye a sample of whats to come @ tomorrow nites asylum reunion in the vaults.tune in from 9 for some serious asylum tunage.catch ye then

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

slim wrote: »
    catch me tonite folks on www.techradio.org giving ye a sample of whats to come @ tomorrow nites asylum reunion in the vaults.tune in from 9 for some serious asylum tunage.catch ye then

Will do Mate.

craig_b wrote: »
    any chance of uploadin (Promo) Live in the Mix Club FM & Still Life wen u get a chance nice 1 mate.....

PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    Link: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/64921971/file.html
    PRESSURE - Still Life Side A.mp3
    Link: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/19681631/file.html
    PRESSURE - Still Life Side B.mp3
    Link: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/83907560/file.html

just listening to this again, and hope it gets played tomorrow (wink wink, nod nod dj's ;):p)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

aceberg wrote: »
    PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    Link: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/64921971/file.html
    PRESSURE - Still Life Side A.mp3
    Link: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/19681631/file.html
    PRESSURE - Still Life Side B.mp3
    Link: http://www12.zippyshare.com/v/83907560/file.html

nice 1 ace, dat promo mix is rare enuf been tryin 2 get me hands on it 4 awhile now since i lost it on cd last year!! :confused::pac:

• Advertisement

craig_b wrote: »
    nice 1 ace, dat promo mix is rare enuf been tryin 2 get me hands on it 4 awhile now since i lost it on cd last year!! :confused::pac:

Yeah did'nt know that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement