Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    I was talking to someone who was saying that a friend of hers was going in on Saturday night, ‘Skitz’. Someone on here was saying they were at his shed parties after the Olympic many moons ago???? Knew him meself from BITD. Looks like all the skeletons are coming outta the closet for this one lads!

Ah ffs,SKITZER from Palmerstown lol...was at his shed few times myself..Skitzer with his funky colourfull pyjama trousers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

es-cee wrote: »

Love this track meself e's

Rise and shine folks it's a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

• Advertisement

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Lads enjoy yourself tonight i was out last night for a few pints but im dying here of a hangover im officially not able for it anymore thesedays i can barely move off the couch so am not gonna be going anywhere, be sure and take some photos and videos and let us know how it goes and defo arrange to meet up again maybe at the shaft reunion in sept.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Tonight the children of the last generation re-take the night!!

Have a belter of a night all & be safe!!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Lads enjoy yourself tonight i was out last night for a few pints but im dying here of a hangover im officially not able for it anymore thesedays i can barely move off the couch so am not gonna be going anywhere, be sure and take some photos and videos and let us know how it goes and defo arrange to meet up again maybe at the shaft reunion in sept.;)

I kno the feeling Jon lol yea il b at the shaft reunion in sep. & the asylum reunion 2 on sep.3rd lol

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Whatever about the cost of the night, line up and set times etc, I do have to laugh at the concept of Asylum t-shirts and posters - how far removed from an underground rave from the early 90s can you get!

We could create a whole range of Dublin t-shirts from clubs and raves from that period, brand it up as 'Rave to the grave'...

I kno & there selling a dvd wit 4 mix's from the nite & theres 2 more planned as well ffs & the 4 remix's r going 2 b sold,warren's doing a remix of positive education,dilly's doing cirle city,pressure's doing ph1 but i think that wasnt out untill 95 & i dont kno who's doing the 4th i heared it was ed case but i also heared warren was remixing narcotic influence

Hardcore you know the score :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

would you say they are at the"whats your name"where ya from stage yet? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

they r at the what yokes did u get stage lol

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I'd say they've just got past that and moved on to 'any Es?' Surely we'll have some live updates from the dancefloor via iPhones etc :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

I'd say they've just got past that and moved on to 'any Es?' Surely we'll have some live updates from the dancefloor via iPhones etc :pac:

hopefully they will at sone stage:D...and of course ask pressure rob whatever his names is to tell us the names of these tunes we are goin mad here to get the names for :D

• Advertisement

well how did it go folks first impressions from what ive been reading on facebook is that it was a great night but some people are saying there was a few bogeys out to cause a bit of bother but overall it was packed and it went very well indeed.

I'm glad to hear it went well, if they lower the price and stop with this "clubbing brand" nonsense i may even go to the next one.

Jaysus how times have changed, im up bright and early Sunday morning and no gargle last night and im fine i can only imagine that anyone who went last night is f*cked :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

jonnny68 wrote: »
    well how did it go folks first impressions from what ive been reading on facebook is that it was a great night but some people are saying there was a few bogeys out to cause a bit of bother but overall it was packed and it went very well indeed.

I'm glad to hear it went well, if they lower the price and stop with this "clubbing brand" nonsense i may even go to the next one.

Jaysus how times have changed, im up bright and early Sunday morning and no gargle last night and im fine i can only imagine that anyone who went last night is f*cked :D

HERE is a quote from someone who attended last night...

''what a ****ing farce.. people, if you're planning to see the legends that were on show tonight, DO NOT go here. the extra few bob was spent on VIP tickets, claims of no q's etc, worst farce of a night out I have ever seen in my 17 yrs of dublin clubbing. AVOID!!! ''

HERE is a quote from someone who attended last night...

''what a ****ing farce.. people, if you're planning to see the legends that were on show tonight, DO NOT go here. the extra few bob was spent on VIP tickets, claims of no q's etc, worst farce of a night out I have ever seen in my 17 yrs of dublin clubbing. AVOID!!! ''

oh dear:confused: sounds truly awful then again im sure some people enjoyed thenmselves, actually since i posted earlier a few people have come on facebook and are saying it didn't live up to it's hype and was a money making excercise (i knew that anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Money-making exercise or not, that was some night. Absolutely packed, great atmosphere and the music was superb for the most part. Stand out DJs for me were Computer, Dilly, Jay Carey & Pressure.

People are going to have little gripes but nothing can overshadow how good a night that was for most people.

DEVOTION wrote: »
    Money-making exercise or not, that was some night. Absolutely packed, great atmosphere and the music was superb for the most part. Stand out DJs for me were Computer, Dilly & Pressure.

People are going to have little gripes but nothing can overshadow how good a night that was for most people.

glad to hear it, from what im hearing anyway more people had a good time as opposed to those who didn't:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Had a ****ing ball.Danced my ass off all nite.Floating about chatting to people buzzing.Meet a good few people from the various sites i.e. Boards,NI and Tech radio and Discogs.Paddy Dunne aka Stomprockin have'nt seen since 1988 :D so was truley amazing meeting Paddy again and to be out there burning up the dance floors with him was magic.Never thought Paddy would turn out to love the scene so much.He just looked so happy.Also meet e's steol Paul pablo Butler Marcus74 from discogs,dub33 Winnie Dillion Ken Brady Keith Behan Garcee also meet John Cummins have'nt seen him in years i could'nt beleive it when he kinnda knew who i was :D saw Noel Cox Mick Kenny Liam Pepper. all sound ****ing blokes.

Can't even remember 2 many of the tracks that were played but here's 1 or 2 i can remember.Warren banged out this Hypnotist, The – The House Is Mine went down a ****ing storm.Somebody else banged out Bizarre Inc - Playing with knives might have been Warren aswell.Reincarnation was banged out.

Did'nt encounter any bogeys meself.The sound was ****e in v3 i think it was too bassy.The ****ers did'nt open till near 10.30 had 9.30 on the tickets.But once in there had a great nite.And don't feel too bad at all considering i did'nt get much sleep after all that p**e m**a :D only home about 8.30

Nice one mate glad you enjoyed yourself did yiz all meet up for a few gargles beforehand?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theasylumdublin

what a mental night !!! so good to meet everyone ! Ace Stomp Ecee etc all top notch !!! I had a Ball Seanyboy in top form too as always !!! enjoyed havin a spin ! tnx to Denis Horgan , Mick Morro and Senan for helping out with the mysterious feedback noise !!! lol , great bunch of lads ! It was an honor to have been part of the lineup ! Dublins old skool scene just got a serious kick up the hole !!!!! No complaints form me !!Fair play Dilly and the crew for putting it together !!! And tnx Warren K for taking the time to come down and wish me the best !!! great stuff !!! oh and Jay Carey the gent he is !!! wicked !!! loved it !!!

nice one lads !!

Pablo !

aceberg wrote: »
    Had a ****ing ball.Danced my ass off all nite.Floating about chatting to people buzzing.Meet a good few people from the various sites i.e. Boards,NI and Tech radio and Discogs.Paddy Dunne aka Stomprockin have'nt seen since 1988 :D so was truley amazing meeting Paddy again and to be out there burning up the dance floors with him was magic.Never thought Paddy would turn out to love the scene so much.He just looked so happy.Also meet e's steol Paul pablo Butler Marcus74 from discogs,dub33 Winnie Dillion Ken Brady Keith Behan Garcee also meet John Cummins have'nt seen him in years i could'nt beleive it when he kinnda knew who i was :D saw Noel Cox Mick Kenny Liam Pepper. all sound ****ing blokes.

Can't even remember 2 many of the tracks that were played but here's 1 or 2 i can remember.Warren banged out this Hypnotist, The – The House Is Mine went down a ****ing storm.Somebody else banged out Bizarre Inc - Playing with knives might have been Warren aswell.Reincarnation was banged out.

Did'nt encounter any bogeys meself.The sound was ****e in v3 i think it was too bassy.The ****ers did'nt open till near 10.30 had 9.30 on the tickets.But once in there had a great nite.And don't feel too bad at all considering i did'nt get much sleep after all that p**e m**a :D only home about 8.30

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement