Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Nice one mate glad you enjoyed yourself did yiz all meet up for a few gargles beforehand?:)

Just meself Stoel and Sean aka e's. a bit later.

This is how it went.

Jumped the 40a about 7.15 rang stoel just to let him know as he was jumping onto the bus i was on.Got to harts corner Steol boarded.Shook hands and greeted as i'd never meet steo in me life.Got off d bus and headed down to Reillys.No one else there,Sean then rang steo to say he would'nt make Reillys that he'd see us in the vaults.Sound

We decided to head over to the vaults for 9 as we were getting a bit impatient (if ya know what i mean ;) ) We wer'nt 100% sure what time the doors would open as it had 9:30 on the tickets but i copy and pasted the set times that were posted on here and they were set for 9.Altho we imagined the tickets would be more reliable.

Anyways got to the door no one there but it was open and we were told by a bar man 10 o clock :eek: Back accross the road to Graingers for more pints.Stoe double checked at 9:30 but again was told 10:00.Sean had joined up with us at this stage with 2 m8s of his.Few other folk heading into the gig were also there having pints so we were chatting away to them.

10:05 **** lets go.Headed over and there was a crowd starting to gather and the excitement starting to build.New set times were starting to float around via text.And the sound of hard beats coming from down the steps.I'd say all in all it was about 10:30 by the time we got in tru the searches etc.And then heaven.....:D

what a mental night !!! so good to meet everyone ! Ace Stomp Ecee etc all top notch !!! I had a Ball Seanyboy in top form too as always !!! enjoyed havin a spin ! tnx to Denis Horgan , Mick Morro and Senan for helping out with the mysterious feedback noise !!! lol , great bunch of lads ! It was an honor to have been part of the lineup ! Dublins old skool scene just got a serious kick up the hole !!!!! No complaints form me !!Fair play Dilly and the crew for putting it together !!! And tnx Warren K for taking the time to come down and wish me the best !!! great stuff !!! oh and Jay Carey the gent he is !!! wicked !!! loved it !!!

nice one lads !!

Pablo !

Yeah Paul was great to meet up with the lads and put a few faces to the names.Can't get over how friendly everybody was.Did'nt actually get to meet up with Seanboy.We did ask about to see if anyone knew if he was there or not turns out he was.Did'nt get to meet Senen or Jay or Caf either as i've never meet them before..Don't think Joe Mangan or Mark Daly were there either as we did ask about for them too but they had'nt been seen.Hopefully get to meet them lads at another event.:D :D

Hopefully get to meet the

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

WHAT A NIGHT !! :D Don't know where to start! Nice one Ace ,e's,and paul and all the lads from here! absolutely a superb night!

Every ones set was top notch ! MW was amazing and warren blow the roof off:) And as ace said everyone was so friendy ! great buzz in the club all night. No plastic coked up gangsters - just a great crowd. Great meeting JCarey again and Pat hyland and all the old crew!

Loved the VIP room! was kicking!

Don't think Caf made it last night.

WHAT A NIGHT !! :D Don't know where to start! Nice one Ace ,e's,and paul and all the lads from here! absolutely a superb night!

Every ones set was top notch ! MW was amazing and warren blow the roof off:) And as ace said everyone was so friendy ! great buzz in the club all night. No plastic coked up gangsters - just a great crowd. Great meeting JCarey again and Pat hyland and all the old crew!

Loved the VIP room! was kicking!

Don't think Caf made it last night.

Nice 1 Paddy great to see u again after all these years.Did ya catch a taxi handy in the end or.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

aceberg wrote: »
    Yeah Paul was great to meet up with the lads and put a few faces to the names.Can't get over how friendly everybody was.Did'nt actually get to meet up with Seanboy.We did ask about to see if anyone knew if he was there or not turns out he was.Did'nt get to meet Senen or Jay or Caf either as i've never meet them before..Don't think Joe Mangan or Mark Daly were there either as we did ask about for them too but they had'nt been seen.Hopefully get to meet them lads at another event.:D :D

Hopefully get to meet the

im sure we will meet again Asa f@%kin wrecked after nightshift couldn sleep all day runnion around gettin things 4 other people by the time it came to get me arse ready i was B@ll@xed didn even drink last night strange 4 me :confused:snappin i missed a good night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thought it was a great night, took about half an hour for the que to move though getting in!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

i thought you got a ticket and were going mate?;)

I had a ticket (still have):( Unfortunately the revenue office have failed (for the 3rd week) to sort out my tax, still paying emergency tax and got walloped on Friday to the tune of €178 , between that and bills that need paying I was fooked for cash.

I watched the clock ticking away and didnt accept that I wouldnt be there until it past the 10.30pm mark and i'm still at home.....Gutted is a fookin understatment.

I only hope that with the success it seems to have been,that those who went (and those who didnt) will be wanting to go to the 2nd night in Sept ?? ......atleast then my ticket will come to some use with the half price adm.

While I wasnt there in body I can assure you I was there in spirit and giving it sox with the best of them (no consolation though).

:(

Anybody get a chance to listen to 2fm or even record it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

EarlERizer wrote: »
    I had a ticket (still have):( Unfortunately the revenue office have failed (for the 3rd week) to sort out my tax, still paying emergency tax and got walloped on Friday to the tune of €178 , between that and bills that need paying I was fooked for cash.

I watched the clock ticking away and didnt accept that I wouldnt be there until it past the 10.30pm mark and i'm still at home.....Gutted is a fookin understatment.

I only hope that with the success it seems to have been,that those who went (and those who didnt) will be wanting to go to the 2nd night in Sept ?? ......atleast then my ticket will come to some use with the half price adm.

While I wasnt there in body I can assure you I was there in spirit and giving it sox with the best of them (no consolation though).

ah jaysus sorry to hear that man you should have sold your ticket on anyway,no consolation you'll be getting your tax back anyway (or actually have a job) im up for the gig in Sept assuming the price is lower than this one just gone, im defo goin the Shaft reunion regardless that will be a savage night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I tuned into 2fm online around 10.45 last night and it was electro house or other such nonsense so im asssuming this wasn't the asylum night (unless the broadcast didn't start until later) i switched off and watched the last 45 minutes of Jaws on TV3:D one of the classic films.

Never even thought of it,though giving my state of disappointment as the day wore on I dare say I coulda tuned in,it woulda only compounded the distress :(

I'm delighted it was such a success of a night and those from here that attended had the night they deserved,but part of me was hoping it would be a letdown then I wouldnt have felt so down missing out lol a terrible terrible mindset :o

BUT....It was a success and no doubt the numbers from here will make a point of been there for the next one......and i'll mug me gran if I have too!! I'm not missing it for anything!

So,getting back to Ace's question........Anyone out there got a recording? from radio or from their iphone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i had a good fcukin time last night, great to meet up with the lads off here, paddy, steol, ace, pablo and any1 i forgot to mention sorry, i'm just awake after a hard day on the piss :D love ya's all! great night in great company.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

As far as im aware Ace,it was recorded for broadcast at a later date...What that date is i ain't got clue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

F*ckin great night last night. It was great meeting all the old faces again and some new peeps. Everyone dead on. Good vibes all round. Look forward to the next one.

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    As far as im aware Ace,it was recorded for broadcast at a later date...What that date is i ain't got clue!

Yeah i just realised as i was reading tru the last few post that somebody did mention to me that it will be broadcast at a later date.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Sh1t thats poxy, I'd say you were absolutely gutted alright.

Must try get to the next one or at least some night out in the near future... glad I didn't do last night though as up in the morning at 4am for a flight, my head would have been feckin melted if I had been out last night! Sounds like a good night was had which is great to hear... hope we get to hear the sets!

es-cee wrote: »
    i had a good fcukin time last night, great to meet up with the lads off here, paddy, steol, ace, pablo and any1 i forgot to mention sorry, i'm just awake after a hard day on the piss :D love ya's all! great night in great company.

Nice 1 man, glad you had a good one! ........ still sick as a fookin parrot here.....consoling meself with looking forward to the one in Sept :o

ah jaysus sorry to hear that man you should have sold your ticket on anyway,no consolation you'll be getting your tax back anyway (or actually have a job) im up for the gig in Sept assuming the price is lower than this one just gone, im defo goin the Shaft reunion regardless that will be a savage night.

I couldn't johnny,that would've been admitting defeat, i was living in hope of an 11th hour miracle,just wasnt to be,but like i said atleast it'll be my 1/2 price adm for the next one.
    Sh1t thats poxy, I'd say you were absolutely gutted alright.

Must try get to the next one or at least some night out in the near future... glad I didn't do last night though as up in the morning at 4am for a flight, my head would have been feckin melted if I had been out last night! Sounds like a good night was had which is great to hear... hope we get to hear the sets!

Scub gutted doesn't even come close, I was tormented!!! telling meself "get a grip man your 38 and moping around like a kid who cant have another sweet" ..... I spoke to virtually noone yesterday,too pissed off they werent in a position to lend me funds lol .... I was in a proper sulk all night.

I'll not be missing the Sept 3rd one for anything!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I couldn't johnny,that would've been admitting defeat, i was living in hope of an 11th hour miracle,just wasnt to be,but like i said atleast it'll be my 1/2 price adm for the next one.

Scub gutted doesn't even come close, I was tormented!!! telling meself "get a grip man your 38 and moping around like a kid who cant have another sweet" ..... I spoke to virtually noone yesterday,too pissed off they werent in a position to lend me funds lol .... I was in a proper sulk all night.

I'll not be missing the Sept 3rd one for anything!

Yeah I know what that's like alright, nothing worse when looking forward to something and getting it pulled from under you at the last minute. Well at least you can say you've a few 1000 more braincells now than you would have had you gone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Nice one, seems the lads from here had a good time anyway, sounds strange but i am glad i stuck to my guns & didnt pay €22, mind you it was tough, i either have great will power or am a stuborn bastard!!!!

I was in liberty hall all day sat till about 7:00pm, when i left i was really tempted to reconsider but i said no way, i went over to o'reilly about 7 to see if i could see Sean or G as i know their mugs & at least have a pint but no one i recognised so split out of town.

So from the lads who went i want to try & guage what went into this,

1. Lighting out of 10
    2. Soundsystem out of 10
    3. Tunes out of 10
    4. Crowd out of 10
    5. Imagery out of 10

Nice 1 Paddy great to see u again after all these years.Did ya catch a taxi handy in the end or.......................

Got a taxi with Noel cox, John Cummins and ? can't remember who else :o
    Went back to a gaff in finglas (kicking), left there around 6:30 and got a taxi home.

Springer doesn't really broadcast the gigs for a few mounts..

I'll ring him later and see what i can get:D

Nice one, seems the lads from here had a good time anyway, sounds strange but i am glad i stuck to my guns & didnt pay €22, mind you it was tough, i either have great will power or am a stuborn bastard!!!!

I was in liberty hall all day sat till about 7:00pm, when i left i was really tempted to reconsider but i said no way, i went over to o'reilly about 7 to see if i could see Sean or G as i know their mugs & at least have a pint but no one i recognised so split out of town.

1. Lighting out of 10
    2. Soundsystem out of 10
    3. Tunes out of 10
    4. Crowd out of 10

Key, it was a Epic Night! Pity you could not make, hopefully we will get a chance to meet at the next one before life passes us by.

Warren played his positive education remix (unreleased) Magic track! can't wait to get a copy. did anyone here Micko Morrison remix of everything starts with an e? He gave me a copy of it back at some gaff in finglas on CD, it's still in my jacket. He has it on white label and the mix is unknown.

Here is what i would say Key - the sound was dodgy in a few rooms and some of the DJ's where not to happy with it but the main room was great.
    1. Lighting out of 10 - 9
    2. Soundsystem out of 10 - 8
    3. Tunes out of 10 - 10
    4. Crowd out of 10 - 100

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Key, it was a Epic Night! Pity you could not make, hopefully we will get a chance to meet at the next one before life passes us by.

Warren played his positive education remix (unreleased) Magic track! can't wait to get a copy. did anyone here Micko Morrison remix of everything starts with an e? He gave me a copy of it back at some gaff in finglas on CD, it's still in my jacket. He has it on white label and the mix is unknown.

Here is what i would say Key - the sound was dodgy in a few rooms and some of the DJ's where not to happy with it but the main room was great.
    3. Tunes out of 10 - 10
    4. Crowd out of 10 - 100

Cheers, was there no images printed of old pics etc of the ASYLUM?

Cheers, was there no images printed of old pics etc of the ASYLUM?

I did not see any, but there could of been some?

1. Lighting out of 10
    2. Soundsystem out of 10
    3. Tunes out of 10
    4. Crowd out of 10
    5. Imagery out of 10

Yeah Key forgot to mention last nite in my posts.Steol did ask me on the way in on d bus if you had decided to go as we were still unsure.So we were kinnda on the look out as Paddy asked us when he meet him in d vaults.

1. Lighting out of 10/10
    2. Soundsystem out of 10/7
    3. Tunes out of 10/10
    4. Crowd out of 10/10
    5. Imagery out of 10/0 don't remember any tbh.
    Got a taxi with Noel cox, John Cummins and ? can't remember who else :o
    Went back to a gaff in finglas (kicking), left there around 6:30 and got a taxi home.

Ah rite sound good craic i'd say.

3. Tunes out of 10 - 10
    4. Crowd out of 10 - 100

Actually do remember Micko Morrison remix of everything starts with an e? Was trying to remember some more tracks that were played and that sprung to mind.Did'nt know at the time tho that it was a Micko Morrison remix,and vaugley remember Warrens remix.

Micko has it on white label. i will upload mix and send it on Ace.

I was talking to springer earlier, He has 6 hour's recorded from 2 rooms.

The MC made a bollox of some it with all the nonsense shouting. He is unsure whether to broadcast it or just put all on a torrent? he has yet to go through it properly. He said Pat Hyland's set was top stuff with some great tunes played.
    I missed that one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i remember an mc there alright, not good :mad:

in a hulahoop here now, don't feel well at all lol.

• Advertisement

Micko has it on white label. i will upload mix and send it on Ace.

I was talking to springer earlier, He has 6 hour's recorded from 2 rooms.

The MC made a bollox of some it with all the nonsense shouting. He is unsure whether to broadcast it or just put all on a torrent? he has yet to go through it properly. He said Pat Hyland's set was top stuff with some great tunes played.
    I missed that one:)

A sound Paddy that be great.And will look forward to hearing the sets.Not even sure which djs were on in each vault i was in.I just remember Pablo think he was the 1 that banged out reincarnation,remember Warren and some of the tracks he banged out that i mentioned in previous post.I remember meself yourself John Cummins went into catch Mick Morrison meet Noel Cox in there.After that i could'nt tell ya.Not sure weather or not it was the fact i could'nt work out who the djs was i looked up at the dj box or if i was even paying attention.Was just too busy booping :D Don't think i even checked my phone as i had the updated set times on me phone.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement