Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

es-cee wrote: »
    i remember an mc there alright, not good :mad:

in a hulahoop here now, don't feel well at all lol.

Not too bad meself.Bit tired up early this morning.Done some sweating yesterday some hum of me :o.Still feeling it a bit today also.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Few beers will sort that out:D

Come on sean, dont be a lightweight, need you verdict on the 1 to 10's i posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Few beers will sort that out:D

Come on sean, dont be a lightweight, need you verdict on the 1 to 10's i posted.

lightweight :D i only got home around 6pm yesterday.

i'd give the whole night 9/10.

music, atmosphere, lighting all 10/10
    sound was a bit sh1t in a couple of the vaults, give that 8/10

but all in all it was a great night, was just floating about the place meetin different peeps, didnt really take stock of what dj was playin were, just noticed mick walsh on the decks as he played narcotic influence and i immediately turned to see what dj was on as i fcukin love that tune.

looking forward to september, should be a crackin night too.

lightweight :D i only got home around 6pm yesterday.

Par for the course if yer not even ventured into yer 30's yet, have another few beers & it'll soften the edge;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Nice meeting in there buddy! great night, But this 3am closing time is pants - way to early.

Starting to come around myself now. Was in a jock yesterday, had to pick up me car in town yesterday - brought my daughter with me and had a little run on Sandymount beach to clear the head :pac:

EDIT : Bang on a few Olympic tunes and you'll be brand new ;)

• Advertisement

Nice meeting in there buddy! great night, But this 3am closing time is pants - way to early.

Starting to come around myself now. Was in a jock yesterday, had to pick up me car in town yesterday - brought my daughter with me and had a little run on Sandymount beach to clear the head :pac:

EDIT : Bang on a few Olympic tunes and you'll be brand new ;)

was great meetin up with ya too paddy, i'm still dyin here, managed to get myself out of bed about an hour ago and eat some dinner so hopin i'll be alright in a while fingers crossed.

not a bad idea with the olympic tunes man, need somethin uplifting after all the boom, boom, boom in there, and jungle later on in the night back in my mates will sort out the head ;)

aceberg wrote: »
    Not too bad meself.Bit tired up early this morning.Done some sweating yesterday some hum of me :o.Still feeling it a bit today also.:)

i feel worse now compared to yesterday, we hit the players lounge at 12.30 yesterday for a few pints of guinness out in the beer garden, was great criac buzzin off all the dubs fans before the match. great round up to a smashin weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

Cheers, was there no images printed of old pics etc of the ASYLUM?

I seen some of the pictures from the Asylum that are floating around on a screen out at the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

did any play this at the gig?
    http://soundcloud.com/sgtbilko77/tune-id

i feel worse now compared to yesterday, we hit the players lounge at 12.30 yesterday for a few pints of guinness out in the beer garden, was great criac buzzin off all the dubs fans before the match. great round up to a smashin weekend.

Yeah steo text me say he'd only left the players lounge i thought that was 5.30 tho.He must be in some state have'nt seen him post here yet :pac::pac::pac:
    I seen some of the pictures from the Asylum that are floating around on a screen out at the bar.

U wer in the vaults man

did any play this at the gig?
    http://soundcloud.com/sgtbilko77/tune-id

Don't recall.Still have trouble recalling more than 5/6 tracks tbh :eek:

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »
    Actually do remember Micko Morrison remix of everything starts with an e? Was trying to remember some more tracks that were played and that sprung to mind.Did'nt know at the time tho that it was a Micko Morrison remix,and vaugley remember Warrens remix.

Sorry Ace it was not a M Morrison mix,it's just a white Label he picked up.

Sorry Ace it was not a M Morrison mix,it's just a white Label he picked up.

Ah rite no bother Paddy,send it on anyways when ya get a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Looks fcu*in deadly seen this on facebook :)

jonnny68 wrote: »

Savage nite can't stop thinking bout it.More bit's n pieces coming back to me.Other people that i meet tru the nite.Was just thinking aswell.Sat down once tru the whole nite for all off 2/3 minuates and only went to the jacks once and that was for a dip :pac::pac::pac:

**** how am i gonna get to the next 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

Good man steo...1 left for id on that mix

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    is that on the mix too? besides gravity? think theres acouple more on what i have 2 be id"ed.

http://soundcloud.com/steve2012/djdilly-1994-sidea-1
    http://soundcloud.com/steve2012/djdilly-1994-sideb-1
    thats wat i have

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    ahh so it is, ha didnt realize that was on it too, just got record today.and gravity is already on yt, so i uped this 1, lol nice1 :), ill add that 1
    yea that 1 on side 30 mins is seems to be very illusive alright

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

is that on the mix too? besides gravity? think theres acouple more on what i have 2 be id"ed.

http://soundcloud.com/steve2012/djdilly-1994-sidea-1
    http://soundcloud.com/steve2012/djdilly-1994-sideb-1
    thats wat i have

Ye your right,1 left on each side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Sound aunt great but for what it was ........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Just wondering, on the night was there any mention or reference to

The man who started it all ..........

Eamon O'Sullivan
    1957 - 2002
    23523_304681957957_639352957_3376287_4688116_n.jpg

I think it would have been a nice touch to have had his picture displayed in a prominent spot,for those in the know to raise a glass.

Wheter we knew him or not he has brought us all together and the legacy continues today strong as ever almost 20 years on.

Wonder if he were alive today what he'd have made of it all (the reunion) and the place it holds in all our hearts/minds n souls?

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Just wondering, on the night was there any mention or reference to

The man who started it all ..........

Eamon O'Sullivan
    1957 - 2002
    23523_304681957957_639352957_3376287_4688116_n.jpg

I think it would have been a nice touch to have had his picture displayed in a prominent spot,for those in the know to raise a glass.

Wheter we knew him or not he has brought us all together and the legacy continues today strong as ever almost 20 years on.

Wonder if he were alive today what he'd have made of it all (the reunion) and the place it holds in all our hearts/minds n souls?

i was too out of it floating around to notice but, it would have been a fitting touch alright.

time to get some much needed and uninterrupted sleep, as opposed to the couple hours here and there i've gotten over the last 2 days.

Ah Jon - Pat played a blinder ! Lots of peeps commenting on his set!

Each DJ played in the VIP room also while waiting there turn to play the main area. It was mostly a deep house Policy there but you would want to here Warren K set , Magic so it was :) and of course J Carey's set was Deadly early in the evening :)
    Nice one J for playing the Underground Resistance - Jupiter Jazz ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

I had an absolute blinder of a night in the Vaults. Was talking to Pablo and he said Aceberg and Eccsee were around but alas couldnt find any of boards boys in there, anyway what a night. Met people from the Olympic who I havent seen in 17 years:eek:
    Unfortunatley I'll miss the next one as I'll be on holidays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Alright peeps, am alive ha ha. Whopper night, one of the best in 15 years. Got home after The Players Lounge about 5ish I'd say with a 6 pack of Prazsky. Stuck on the tunes, drank 3 cans and fell asleep on the sofa. Had to get up yesterday and go to some poxy career decision course which I coulda done without. Early night last night and into work today - feel worse today than I did yesterday. :eek:

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    I had an absolute blinder of a night in the Vaults. Was talking to Pablo and he said Aceberg and Eccsee were around but alas couldnt find any of boards boys in there, anyway what a night. Met people from the Olympic who I havent seen in 17 years:eek:
    Unfortunatley I'll miss the next one as I'll be on holidays

SteoL wrote: »
    Alright peeps, am alive ha ha. Whopper night, one of the best in 15 years. Got home after The Players Lounge about 5ish I'd say with a 6 pack of Prazsky. Stuck on the tunes, drank 3 cans and fell asleep on the sofa. Had to get up yesterday and go to some poxy career decision course which I coulda done without. Early night last night and into work today - feel worse today than I did yesterday. :eek:

It's a pity we all did not meet up, Myself ,Pablo Ace and e's got together for a while. Super night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

It's a pity we all did not meet up, Myself ,Pablo Ace and e's got together for a while. Super night!

Yeah man was f****n raging I missed yourself, Cummo and Coxy. I was in a world of my own, up the front in vault 2 all night.

• Advertisement

What would you rate these out of 10 Steo?

Lighting
    Tunes
    Crowd
    Images
    Soundsystem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement