Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

DEVOTION wrote: »
    Money-making exercise or not, that was some night. Absolutely packed, great atmosphere and the music was superb for the most part. Stand out DJs for me were Computer, Dilly, Jay Carey & Pressure.

People are going to have little gripes but nothing can overshadow how good a night that was for most people.

Which vault did Computer play in? I was in V2 all night and I'm fairly certain that the only people who played there were Pat, Jay and Warren.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

goin out to any d'n'b and darkness heads that may frequent this thread, new night startin up on oos radio tomorrow evening with myself on the line-up if ya's wanna check it out, always great banter in the chatroom.

SLOTS112.jpg

What would you rate these out of 10 Steo?

Lighting
    Tunes
    Crowd
    Images
    Soundsystem

Well speaking about V2 only I would have to say Lightning, Tunes and Crowd would have to get a big fat 10. Images - were none that I could see in V2 so 0 and the Soundsystem was only a 7 (although from wandering through the others briefly I would say it was a better soundsystem in 2 than the rest).

Oh and the Strobes were deadly - reminded me of Sides. Thought they were now banned or something?

SteoL wrote: »
    Alright peeps, am alive ha ha. Whopper night, one of the best in 15 years. Got home after The Players Lounge about 5ish I'd say with a 6 pack of Prazsky. Stuck on the tunes, drank 3 cans and fell asleep on the sofa. Had to get up yesterday and go to some poxy career decision course which I coulda done without. Early night last night and into work today - feel worse today than I did yesterday. :eek:

i was left there on me own in the players for a while talkin to absolute strangers man lol, steo done a burner home on me after sayin he was goin to get more cash that time, had a couple more pints talkin absolute and utter shoite to people i did't know, but it was good craic all the same haha.

es-cee wrote: »
    i was left there on me own in the players for a while talkin to absolute strangers man lol, steo done a burner home on me after sayin he was goin to get more cash that time, had a couple more pints talkin absolute and utter shoite to people i did't know, but it was good craic all the same haha.

Your mate Steo is a sound bloke man. I don't think I'd have been able to sit up all night (sober) listening to pilled up waffle. I do like that Bar though, would definitely head there again.

Yeah it was deadly craic alright. I look forward to doing it all again in Sep :D

• Advertisement

Your mate Steo is a sound bloke man. I don't think I'd have been able to sit up all night (sober) listening to pilled up waffle. I do like that Bar though, would definitely head there again.

Yeah it was deadly craic alright. I look forward to doing it all again in Sep :D

nah man, no way would i sit up listenenin to it either man lol, do be talkin marbles in those states :D

yeah man the players is a deadly spot but can be dodgey at times, bit of a republican influence in it, ya wouldn't act the ballox in it anyway or ya'd be delt with.

yeah next one should be good, lookin forward to it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

OK from four accounts heres where what we got, (being an absolut geek here)

164993.JPG

Needs better soundsystem & defo images from the ASYLUM to make it enhanced experience, 3 months away to rectify.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

http://soundcloud.com/joe-mangan/adc :D;):):cool: HAPPY TUESDAY

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

http://www.mediafire.com/?4k43in524dlusq7

Hr long mix of tuneage i havn't used before...enjoy!

164993.JPG

Needs better soundsystem & defo images from the ASYLUM to make it enhanced experience, 3 months away to rectify.

function 1 sound system seems to be the standard these days, they have it in tripod and twisted pepper. was at a dnb & oldskool jungle night in twisted pepper last november and could literally feel my insides rumbling to the bass in the tunes, the sound is amazing. also been told the tripod had to have this special stuff sprayed all over the inside to keep the sound in its that good lol. deffo the way forward, but can't see the scabs that run the vaults forkin out for that tbh.
    couldn't be that dear to get some life size vinyl stickers printed up for the next gig tho could it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

couldn't be that dear to get some life size vinyl stickers printed up for the next gig tho could it?

It could, but i'll see what i can do;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

any ideas on this one,, not to sure how oldskool it is possibly late nineties:D

http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/53130887/file.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Nice 1 man.Don't suppose ya have the others of the e.p..Have The Warrent
    Alright peeps, am alive ha ha. Whopper night, one of the best in 15 years. Got home after The Players Lounge about 5ish I'd say with a 6 pack of Prazsky. Stuck on the tunes, drank 3 cans and fell asleep on the sofa. Had to get up yesterday and go to some poxy career decision course which I coulda done without. Early night last night and into work today - feel worse today than I did yesterday. :eek:

Ha ha the dead has awoken.Yeah kinnda felt a bit worse today meself even after a decent sleep.
    Yeah man was f****n raging I missed yourself, Cummo and Coxy. I was in a world of my own, up the front in vault 2 all night.

Top of giving it socks.Excellent stuff :D

Which vault did Computer play in? I was in V2 all night and I'm fairly certain that the only people who played there were Pat, Jay and Warren.

The more i think about it steo the more i reckon i must have heard most of the DJ's play as i don't think i spent more than 30 mins in any 1 vault.Was just floating from 1 to the other.20 mins here 30 mins there and so on.

164993.JPG

Yeah u can even notice the sound in some of the video clips it's not great.

Not too sure

will be talkin to dereck from tonik radio in a bit, sounds like the type of stuff he'd be into, will let ya know.

will be talkin to dereck from tonik radio in a bit, sounds like the type of stuff he'd be into, will let ya know.

here actually man.

done a search on youtube for this track, just typed in 'late 90's trance - here i am' and a few diff tracks came up and this was among them, result for bluemoon :).

then i noticed the name 'ratty' and thought to myself, surely one of my fav oldskool darkness djs can't be responsible for bringin this out :confused:.

anyway, turns out its really 'scooter' http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ratty under a different name.

think every1 jumped on the trance bandwagon in the late 90's and absolutely rinsed and re-rinsed what was a great genre of music to begin with, and turned it into the stuff every1 hates these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I've noticed a trend in Dublin the last good while, the dance music scene in general seems to be somewhat stale whereas Old Skool appears to be thriving, you have had 2 major Old Skool nights this year, in January -Pierce Rooney, Frank De Wulf and CJ Bolland and that was an amazing night and last Sat in the Vaults the asylum night which by all accounts was another amazing night, is the scene in general that stale thesedays that more and more people, even those who might not have been around in the 90's are going to these type of nights because they know they'll be guaranteed an amazing atmosphere/friendly people and of course kicking tunes?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

done a search on youtube for this track, just typed in 'late 90's trance - here i am' and a few diff tracks came up and this was among them, result for bluemoon :).

then i noticed the name 'ratty' and thought to myself, surely one of my fav oldskool darkness djs can't be responsible for bringin this out :confused:.

anyway, turns out its really 'scooter' http://www.discogs.com/artist/Ratty under a different name.

think every1 jumped on the trance bandwagon in the late 90's and absolutely rinsed and re-rinsed what was a great genre of music to begin with, and turned it into the stuff every1 hates these days.

cheers es-cee,,,im in shock that that muppet has anything to do with this tune::eek:

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I've noticed a trend in Dublin the last good while, the dance music scene in general seems to be somewhat stale whereas Old Skool appears to be thriving, you have had 2 major Old Skool nights this year, in January -Pierce Rooney, Frank De Wulf and CJ Bolland and that was an amazing night and last Sat in the Vaults the asylum night which by all accounts was another amazing night, is the scene in general that stale thesedays that more and more people, even those who might not have been around in the 90's are going to these type of nights because they know they'll be guaranteed an amazing atmosphere/friendly people and of course kicking tunes?;)

yup! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Nice One.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Haven't heard that in a while , nice find.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Nice one J for playing the Underground Resistance - Jupiter Jazz ! :)

So you got to hear it after all!! Nice One. Top tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Saturday night was a great buzz but the Vaults has to be the ****tiest venue for sound quality anywhere in the world. Vault 1 is always poxy, it's like there is some sort of vacum in front of the PA swallowing the sound and after the sound went tits up during Mick Walsh's set it was impossible to even stay in the room for Pressures set as you either couldn't hear it or the feedback would split your head in two. Must say though I thought the atmosphere was great with the crowd being really up for it! Hope they get a different venue for the next one :)

stephen_n wrote: »
    Saturday night was a great buzz but the Vaults has to be the ****tiest venue for sound quality anywhere in the world. Vault 1 is always poxy, it's like there is some sort of vacum in front of the PA swallowing the sound and after the sound went tits up during Mick Walsh's set it was impossible to even stay in the room for Pressures set as you either couldn't hear it or the feedback would split your head in two. Must say though I thought the atmosphere was great with the crowd being really up for it! Hope they get a different venue for the next one :)

Rite Stephen i'm a little bit confused can ya clear things up for me a bit please.I was introduced to to a Nolan on Saturday nite which i think was Marc Nolan,but i could be wrong it may have been u.But the guy i was introduced to had no hair and i'm sure if ssen photo's off him before and he is Dubb33 aka Marc.But never knew so surname so.................Who's who :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sgtbilko01

aceberg wrote: »
    Rite Stephen i'm a little bit confused can ya clear things up for me a bit please.I was introduced to to a Nolan on Saturday nite which i think was Marc Nolan,but i could be wrong it may have been u.But the guy i was introduced to had no hair and i'm sure if ssen photo's off him before and he is Dubb33 aka Marc.But never knew so surname so.................Who's who :confused:

Dub33 is Marc Nolan and he is well scalped so >95 % its him:D

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

It actually took me half an hour to get in, VIP ticket didnt get u in any faster, got in at about 10 past 11 and straight to Pablo where he was doing the business, n ice one Pablo! He said he was just talkin to Aceberg and Es-cee, I went looking but could not find youse:mad:use
    I suppose if I had spent more time in the VIP room I might have met some boards people, Anyway was wafflin away with Computer whilst in the Warren K set which was animal, sound bloke. I have never seen the Vaults that packed the sweat was literally dripping from the ceilings in Vaults 1 & 2.
    Anyway pity I didnt meet up with Stopmrockin, Aceberg, Es-cee and Co.
    was pretty much out there going around the place and managed to meet a few that I havent seen since the Olympic in 94. Will actaually be out of the country for the next one in September but I've no doubt we shall all meet up at an Oldskool night eventually...........

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

U wer in the vaults man

Yea bought tickets on saturday about 5 o'clock, wasn't mad on going TBH. I was in the vaults 2 or 3 times and theres more atmosphere in deep space. EXCEPT for saturday night, man what a night. Never went to the asylum more of a sides man myself. A mate hounded me for days to go and he never showed. just myself and herself, only remember seeing Mick Walsh playing and Pressure coming on after him, went into the other room then (not a fan of DJ Rob:eek:). Still ballooned, actually worse today. fookin hate tuesday's:D. over indulged thanks to my mate not showin up:mad::mad::mad: and I'm paying dearly. Too old for this poop :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

aceberg wrote: »
    yeah that's Marc me aul raving mate for a few years:) haven't seen him online in a few days so probably still recovering :pac:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Advertisement

sgtbilko01 wrote: »
    Dub33 is Marc Nolan and he is well scalped so >95 % its him:D
    jonnny68 wrote: »
    yeah that's Marc me aul raving mate for a few years:) haven't seen him online in a few days so probably still recovering :pac:;)

Rite lads sounds.I was getting meself mixed up as i asked 1 of the lads over on Tech radio there last week for a DJ Computer mix.I was sure it was Stephen N i asked.So he said he would post it over here.So when it was posted it was posted by Dub33 who i know as Marc.Then i was confused altogether thinking Stephen N and Dubb33 can't be the same person as i was always sure they were 2 different people.So it must have been MarcNolan1 who i asked to post the mix.
    SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    It actually took me half an hour to get in, VIP ticket didnt get u in any faster, got in at about 10 past 11 and straight to Pablo where he was doing the business, n ice one Pablo! He said he was just talkin to Aceberg and Es-cee, I went looking but could not find youse:mad:use
    I suppose if I had spent more time in the VIP room I might have met some boards people, Anyway was wafflin away with Computer whilst in the Warren K set which was animal, sound bloke. I have never seen the Vaults that packed the sweat was literally dripping from the ceilings in Vaults 1 & 2.
    Anyway pity I didnt meet up with Stopmrockin, Aceberg, Es-cee and Co.
    was pretty much out there going around the place and managed to meet a few that I havent seen since the Olympic in 94. Will actaually be out of the country for the next one in September but I've no doubt we shall all meet up at an Oldskool night eventually...........

Ah thats a pitty Seanboy.Was on the look out tru out the nite for any familiar faces.Most of the lads i would have only seen pictures of on facebook,so thats all i had to go on.But did manage to recognise Winnie who was with Ken Brady.Also managed to recognise Keith Behan and Pablo as i was to one to approach each of them.I'm just thinking now tho that i may have seen a photo of you on facebook.Is your surname Molloy.If not the only picture of you i had to go on is your Asylum membership.God knows how much you changed since then...lol
    U wer in the vaults man

Yea bought tickets on saturday about 5 o'clock, wasn't mad on going TBH. I was in the vaults 2 or 3 times and theres more atmosphere in deep space. EXCEPT for saturday night, man what a night. Never went to the asylum more of a sides man myself. A mate hounded me for days to go and he never showed. just myself and herself, only remember seeing Mick Walsh playing and Pressure coming on after him, went into the other room then (not a fan of DJ Rob:eek:). Still ballooned, actually worse today. fookin hate tuesday's:D. over indulged thanks to my mate not showin up:mad::mad::mad: and I'm paying dearly. Too old for this poop :pac::pac::pac::pac:

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement