Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Nice one, seems the lads from here had a good time anyway, sounds strange but i am glad i stuck to my guns & didnt pay €22, mind you it was tough, i either have great will power or am a stuborn bastard!!!!

I was in liberty hall all day sat till about 7:00pm, when i left i was really tempted to reconsider but i said no way, i went over to o'reilly about 7 to see if i could see Sean or G as i know their mugs & at least have a pint but no one i recognised so split out of town.

So from the lads who went i want to try & guage what went into this,

1. Lighting out of 10
    2. Soundsystem out of 10
    3. Tunes out of 10
    4. Crowd out of 10
    5. Imagery out of 10

heres mine pal
    1. Lighting out of 10/10
    2. Soundsystem out of 10/8
    3. Tunes out of 10-depends on wat u mean by tunes ie.Asylum only not really by certain dj's
    4. Crowd out of 10/10
    5. Imagery out of 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

SteoL wrote: »
    Who's playing at the Shaft reunion DUB? Don't remember seeing any details on it.

Im not sure yet but i think it will b casper,alf,paddy sheridan & a few others,the shaft/kitchen reuion in 2006 is still 1 of the best old skool nites iv had out :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Yeah my name is Molloy alright, oh and that Asylum i.d. is way outta date. The head is shaved shall we say at this stage:D I do be onto Paddy on Facebook now and then so I knew his mug but couldn’t spot him. Should have PM a phone number before hand, intended to but sure the week leading up to it was all over the place with me with work and home. And Pablo said you just were talking minutes before I arrived, sure I had a cracker of a nite with the Mrs who is good friends with Pablo too.
    Me and Mrs were talking in there to a mister 'Daisy' who we know from yesteryear, remember him Key:D
    Hoping that the night comes back to me more as I was cough, cough fairly inebriated. Do you think the lads might either push the week forward and bring it back only by a week so i can make the next one as I'll be away:pac:

Remember seeing a photo of you on Facbook so.Hopefully i'll be able to spot ya next time.:D
    DEVOTION wrote: »
    Loved hearing this (Mismoplastico) when it was dropped. Had to leave that vault at one stage over the strobe though!

Did'nt get a chance to meet yourself either Devo.Not 100% sure what you look like either.I think i may have seen a photo of you over on NI from 1 of the nights out.Would i be right in saying you have Blond hair.:rolleyes:
    DUB33 wrote: »
    Ace it was me haha

Yeah have figured that 1 out now Marc.I'm sure i spotted you boping away in some of the video clips there aswell :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

aceberg wrote: »

Did'nt get a chance to meet yourself either Devo.Not 100% sure what you look like either.I think i may have seen a photo of you over on NI from 1 of the nights out.Would i be right in saying you have Blond hair.:rolleyes:

Tall, blond and handsome. Couldn't miss me. :D Nah the hair would be brown but was blonde a long time ago Ace. I won't be at the next Asylum gig as I'm going on holidays that day.

Only person I met off here was Marc.

@Marc, I left before Pressure played that track. It's from '96. Amazing track but as you say, probably not Asylum (When exactly did the Asylum close for the last time?). Was surprised to hear Born Slippy being played earlier in the night too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

DUB33 wrote: »
    Jon i went 2 it 1 nite wit Lar & his cousin's & sister mad place the lazer's were great but at the end the bouncer's cudnt let anybody out as they were getting lashed out of it by a load of blokes an big rocks were been thrown at the door never again & i thought tiffanys was bad out here in coolock lol

Ah good aul Lar have you ever seen him in recent years Marc?

I think the last time i seen him was about 8/9 years ago in Dorset St i think he said he was just into toking on the hash and that's it, it would be deadly for everyone to catch up again for the Shaft reunion and the next asylum reunion.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

DEVOTION wrote: »
    Tall, blond and handsome. Couldn't miss me. :DNah the hair would be brown but was blonde a long time ago Ace. I won't be at the next Asylum gig as I'm going on holidays that day.

Only person I met off here was Marc.

@Marc, I left before Pressure played that track. It's from '96. Amazing track but as you say, probably not Asylum (When exactly did the Asylum close for the last time?). Was surprised to hear Born Slippy being played earlier in the night too.

Lol

Do ya reckon any phot's of the Blonde bombshell were posted on NI.:p

Doubt i'll be at the next 1 meself,but who knows what could be done by September.Anyways i have me spoke in for December so i'll work on that 1 so who knows might see ya there.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

JCarey70 wrote: »
    Ah yeah I remember you. Think I have some footage of you and your mate boppin at the front - check the vids below and let us know if thats you. And thanks for the compliment. I'm telling ya it will be even better the next time once I can get the mixing just right. I thought Warren played a stormer though. Loved his set. And DJ Computer's set too. First time meeting him, sound bloke. I was doing the smoke machine and the strobe the whole time Warren was on. Couldn't believe he dropped 'Mind War' by CJ Boland. Brilliant!!! He also dropped 'The House is Mine' by the Hypnotist and 'Adrenalin' by N-Joi, both sounded savage and they were both well received by all the ravers. Proper!!!

Here's me vids of the night. Again, a bit blurry (My Camera has problems focusing sometimes, like meself :) ) But feck its something anyway...

DJ Computer

DJ Computer

Warren K

Warren K

Warren K

Fookin deadly post Jay :D fair play! Top man :cool:

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    Just reminder to any1 who wants to drop in for some Darkness & D'n'B, Full Moon Wednesday is startin @ 5pm this evening over on http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html always great banter in chat, but heres the media player link if your too shy but still wanna listen :Dhttp://api.viglink.com/api/click?format=go&key=190cd6dc27c66f8edf4cd0d943583f3b&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fonlyoldskool.com%2Findex.php&v=1&libid=1309360272610&out=http%3A%2F%2F84.234.18.82%3A7994%2Flisten.pls&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fonlyoldskool.com%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ff%3D518%26t%3D30398&title=The%20No.1%20Oldskool%20Music%20Forum&txt=Click%20here%20to%20Listen%20to%20OnlyOldskool%20Radio%20through%20MediaPlayers

SLOTS112.jpg

its shapin up to be one killer night of tunage!!!!!!!

cheers, es ;)

Es m8 :o i read it wrong, i was sure you were on at 11, just signed in (first time in ages) and missed ya by minutes!! ....did they record it?

On a completely seperate note lads:D just watching that Veronica Guerin film (for about the 5th time) all very tragic indeed but i remember that time well, i was a serious smoker then, i used to go through nearly 3/4 ounces of hash a week then :eek: not to mention the yokes,speed and to a lesser extent the charlie (wasn't much of it around in 96) you couldn't get hash in Dublin for love nor money for about 2 months after that shooting as all the big dealers went into hiding and no one was moving anything is what the word on the street was, we used to be climbing the walls after going out raving, back to the gaff and no smoke, bizzarely enough there was no shortage at all of yokes and speed and acid just hash, i remember someone;) offering 50 yokes for a ounce of hash but no takers so it was increased to a hundred yokes people were becoming that desperate, i went 6 weeks without a joint and i was up the bleedin walls until finally some smoke appeared at top dollar and managed to get some.

Bit of a random post this but brings me back to 96 im sure a few of yiz remember that time,jaysus my consumption of persian rugs then was big (in years to come was to get bigger:eek:;))

jonnny68 wrote: »
    On a completely seperate note lads:D just watching that Veronica Guerin film (for about the 5th time) all very tragic indeed but i remember that time well, i was a serious smoker then, i used to go through nearly 3/4 ounces of hash a week then :eek: not to mention the yokes,speed and to a lesser extent the charlie (wasn't much of it around in 96) you couldn't get hash in Dublin for love nor money for about 2 months after that shooting as all the big dealers went into hiding and no one was moving anything is what the word on the street was, we used to be climbing the walls after going out raving, back to the gaff and no smoke, bizzarely enough there was no shortage at all of yokes and speed and acid just hash, i remember someone;) offering 50 yokes for a ounce of hash but no takers so it was increased to a hundred yokes people were becoming that desperate, i went 6 weeks without a joint and i was up the bleedin walls until finally some smoke appeared at top dollar and managed to get some.

Bit of a random post this but brings me back to 96 im sure a few of yiz remember that time,jaysus my consumption of persian rugs then was big (in years to come was to get bigger:eek:;))

Just watched it meself, good film, she was one headstrong stubborn selfish woman imho, As I said at the time and still to this day "if your going to go round poking beehives then pretty soon ya get stung badly" ...... and yeah, the 'hash drought' in the following months was a joke! what was out there was going for mad money,scabby deals for top dollar! ......by 96 my routine had become Fri/Sat all out buzzing,Sunday trying to fight the fatigue with a wrap n a few beers,usually end up back in one house or another till late,fooked Mon morning,wrap in a cuppa to get the week started and then try ride the wave till Friday lol .... jaysus how are some of us here today?? :eek:

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Just watched it meself, good film, she was one headstrong stubborn selfish woman imho, As I said at the time and still to this day "if your going to go round poking beehives then pretty soon ya get stung badly" ...... and yeah, the 'hash drought' in the following months was a joke! what was out there was going for mad money,scabby deals for top dollar! ......by 96 my routine had become Fri/Sat all out buzzing,Sunday trying to fight the fatigue with a wrap n a few beers,usually end up back in one house or another till late,fooked Mon morning,wrap in a cuppa to get the week started and then try ride the wave till Friday lol .... jaysus how are some of us here today?? :eek:
    haha madness alright i used to work in some sh*t job in the airport for a catering company from 11 to 7 and the boss used to give me filthy looks me coming in to work still half mad out of it:D poxy job but there was loads of ravers there and all we used to talk about was what nights we were at the weekend and what nights we were going to the following weekend,Thursdays used to be either -Temple Of Sound,Waterfront or sometimes the System, Fridays were take your pick Sides, The Ormond,Temple,etc,etc, same as Saturdays and Sundays :D oh i almost forgot the Kitchen for Techno Tuesdays :Di left that cr*p job after a year and just couldn't be bothered gettin anything else so just concentrated on "my own nightime businesss";);) yeah man how in the name of jaysus are we still here today,when i think of the sheer madness week in,week out,year in, year out:eek:

Es m8 :o i read it wrong, i was sure you were on at 11, just signed in (first time in ages) and missed ya by minutes!! ....did they record it?

no worries man, barrym or sor recorded it so i'll up it when i get a copy myself ;) was a fcukin mental night of tunage pal, every dj rocked, and the banter was brilliant!!!!! great crew of peeps over there, was a brilliant night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

jonnny68 wrote: »

I do indeed remember that time Johnny. In Finglas this really disgusting homegrown green started to do the rounds. It was vile stuff but we all kept buying it.

I remember when it came back properly for the first time after the drought. There were crowds of peeps outside a blokes gaf in Finglas, and I mean crowds of well over 50 people queueing, and they were just cutting huge lumps off the bar and passing them out as Quarters. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

Ah jesus lads, i remember when there was hash droughts alright, would then search all around the bedroomm floor for the the 'nuff for a joint' 's that werent looked for when you had a good bit, most ofetn found enough bits & pieces to make up about a good 5 deal, then would have to make it last a while & not be greedy:D (Scabby 5 skinners):(

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

Lol

Do ya reckon any phot's of the Blonde bombshell were posted on NI.:p

Doubt i'll be at the next 1 meself,but who knows what could be done by September.Anyways i have me spoke in for December so i'll work on that 1 so who knows might see ya there.:P

Nah, haven't been blonde since I was a kid! There might well have been pictures of me from various gigs up there though. We'll make sure to say hello at the next gig we both end up at though.

SteoL wrote: »
    I do indeed remember that time Johnny. In Finglas this really disgusting homegrown green started to do the rounds. It was vile stuff but we all kept buying it.

I remember when it came back properly for the first time after the drought. There were crowds of peeps outside a blokes gaf in Finglas, and I mean crowds of well over 50 people queueing, and they were just cutting huge lumps off the bar and passing them out as Quarters. :D

haha i can only imagine alright, i think we paid something like 250 Irish punts for an ounce after a while but we were desperate :( used to usually get a 9 bar for about 6/700 at the time fookin madness the lengths we used to go to :D

i'm a massive fan of his old stuff myself, he's me fav dnb producer, but oldskool has been takin a back seat more and more lately to new dark dnb neurofunk tunes like the one i posted. haven't put on an oldskool mix since after the gig last weekend, and tbh, the only time i listen to it these days is on oos at the weekend, bit of a hypocrite posting on an oldskool thread when i haven't been listenin to any apart from last week during and after that gig :o:rolleyes::D

• Advertisement

kick started my set off last night with this evil monster :rolleyes: just listenin to it now again makes me wanna break stuff!!!!!!!:p:pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Anyone have this they can ul???

Anyone know it? I love the B side (A Side is pretty fine as well) - I hear no Jazz, I hear only Frogs.

Still have it on Vinyl but another version.

http://www.discogs.com/Dark-Sessions-Vol-1/release/123258

Jaysus I commented on the A side 11 months ago :eek: Listen to the break at 2.25. Absolute belter when it kicks back in

Here it is

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Remember seeing a photo of you on Facbook so.Hopefully i'll be able to spot ya next time.:D

Next time Sep 3rd I'll be on hols with family. So maybe Mr. Dilly can push it back a week, for me of course:D:D

PS: I'm serious

i'm a massive fan of his old stuff myself, he's me fav dnb producer, but oldskool has been takin a back seat more and more lately to new dark dnb neurofunk tunes like the one i posted. haven't put on an oldskool mix since after the gig last weekend, and tbh, the only time i listen to it these days is on oos at the weekend, bit of a hypocrite posting on an oldskool thread when i haven't been listenin to any apart from last week during and after that gig :o:rolleyes::D

Paaah!!! "gerrrouofit yah pup" bloody younglings and their neuvo neuro nonsense, piffle!! back in my day it was all wax and needles n hands n samples and loud loud very loud drums n stuff, meeeh!! all this poppycock new sounding blasted increased bpm madness cleaner sounding than a washing powder advert in summer! Damn you, damn you younglings and your energetic 500bpm bone shattering noise, damn you I say!! bloody yobbos! paaaaaah

DJ-Grandpa-Avatar.gif

Ahhhhhhhhh 1992 now there was a year for dancing, hmmm, don't get much better than the 90's, I do like to enjoy Sunday tea n scones whilst listening to my old 33's & 45's *sigh*

*re-lits his pipe n gazes out the window mumbles* "neurofink pfft bloody young scallys"
    :pac::pac::pac:

Paaah!!! "gerrrouofit yah pup" bloody younglings and their neuvo neuro nonsense, piffle!! back in my day it was all wax and needles n hands n samples and loud loud very loud drums n stuff, meeeh!! all this poppycock new sounding blasted increased bpm madness cleaner sounding than a washing powder advert in summer! Damn you, damn you younglings and your energetic 500bpm bone shattering noise, damn you I say!! bloody yobbos! paaaaaah

DJ-Grandpa-Avatar.gif

Ahhhhhhhhh 1992 now there was a year for dancing, hmmm, don't get much better than the 90's, I do like to enjoy Sunday tea n scones whilst listening to my old 33's & 45's *sigh*

*re-lits his pipe n gazes out the window mumbles* "neurofink pfft bloody young scallys"
    :pac::pac::pac:

To%20funny.gifTo%20funny.gifTo%20funny.gif pmsl @ G, were do ya come up with these posts at all To%20funny.gif
    bitta neurofunk goodness is what ya need, i can hook ya with some mixes if ya want to deviate from '92 for just an hour or so???? :D:D:D

heres a cool tune from my mix last night ;)

heres another as well, great track!!!!

To%20funny.gifTo%20funny.gifTo%20funny.gif pmsl @ G, were do ya come up with these posts at all To%20funny.gif
    bitta neurofunk goodness is what ya need, i can hook ya with some mixes if ya want to deviate from '92 for just an hour or so???? :D:D:D

heres a cool tune from my mix last night ;)

Here's a cool tune from 1992 :D:cool:;)

*note* actually that Black Hawk tune is good! :confused::eek: ..... "oooooohhhh how very dare you"

heres another as well, great track!!!!

*return serve*

:D

heres another cool tune from '92 tooooooooo :D

and heres one from '07 ;)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement