Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

JCarey70 wrote: »
    More High Contrast too. Mayhem @ 3:20 :eek:

High Contrast - Metamorphosis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En79jQf_vdM

killer tune jay, high contrast are the sh1t mate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    firstly, tyson had 5 good years man, 86-90, ali had 2 good decades and would have gone on to become the best ever if the american government hadnt robbed him of his best years.

secondly, and tyson said this himself. he used to rely heavily on the fact that his opponents were terrified of him before they even got into the ring. frank bruno had him in their fight when bruno was champ but he laid off when he had tyson hurt as if to say sorry for hittin ya, and tyson came back and beat him.

and thirdly if ya think ali was only put on the map because of the foreman fight ya need to brush up on your boxin history man.

Fourth & finally - there's a thread in the sports forum that covers boxing ;) ......let's get back to the tunage!! :D:P:D:P:D

oldest loookin 24 year old i ever seen, absolute fcukin disgraceful performance. every1 might have their favs man but in a list of the all time greats in the heavyweights tyson didnt even make the top 10.

buster bleedin douglas, woulda been destroyed by ali!!! pmsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

lol. your right, i just loved tyson,very exciting to watch.guess he was an idle to me yrs ago,just been looking for a clip of tyson knocking out ali from fightnight 4 on ps3 or xbox, couldnt find 1 lol

in the haye fight did either of them get knocked down? was it close or did vlad make a show of haye?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

You can't compare Ali with Tyson because if it wasn't for Ali there probably wouldn't have been a Tyson. Ali inspired many black kids to become boxers and to achieve greatness. Ali was the greatest but not just for boxing but as a human being who genuinely cared for his fellow man and paid dearly for it. He was the quintessential icon of sport not just boxing. Tyson was a great fighter and a tough tough kid from the street but he was no Ali. Not even close.

lol. your right, i just loved tyson,very exciting to watch.guess he was an idle to me yrs ago,just been looking for a clip of tyson knocking out ali from fightnight 4 on ps3 or xbox, couldnt find 1 lol

we all have our favs man, i loved tyson when i was younger, but lookin at it objectively now as an adult, he wasnt as good as every1 makes him out to be.
    heres a vid of sonny liston, he was the mike tyson of his day and he was a better boxer than tyson, and ali murdered himwhen he was 22 in 1962, and from then untill he was stripped (wrongly i might add) of his title and licence he faught every1 put in front of him, and even when he came back after exile he done the business.

in the haye fight did either of them get knocked down? was it close or did vlad make a show of haye?

klitschnko was in control all the way thru, haye had a good 3rd round but that was it, klitschko was too big for him.

:rolleyes: and still it continues lol .... well ,if ya cant beat 'em

imo

Haye = tosser wannabe actor
    Heavyweight Division = seriously lacking
    Greatest Heavyweight of all time = Ali
    Fav Heavyweight = Tyson (pure animal got fooked over by Don King)
    Fav boxer of alltime = Nigel Benn
    Greatest fight = Nigel Benn v Gerard McCleland (tragic ending)
    Best Division = Super Middleweight
    Best Era = late 80's early 90's (yeah the music too :D)
    The sport = 90% honourable contenders 10% corrupt +100% corrupt promoters,refs & organisers

.....where was all the outcry last week? when one of our own was fooked over again by those in power, Matthew Macklin was winner by a country mile and was fooked over for the home boy 'Strum'

Fook Haye,Fook Kiltsko,Fook it,it's done .......

Music Meastro Please :D

they both very entertainning,ali with his mouth and skill to back it up,tyson with his aggressivness,read a book on him yrs ago, muggin grown men at 15, lol, fukin thug,

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :rolleyes: and still it continues lol .... well ,if ya cant beat 'em

imo

Haye = tosser wannabe actor
    Heavyweight Division = seriously lacking
    Greatest Heavyweight of all time = Ali
    Fav Heavyweight = Tyson (pure animal got fooked over by Don King)
    Fav boxer of alltime = Nigel Benn
    Greatest fight = Nigel Benn v Gerard McCleland (tragic ending)
    Best Division = Super Middleweight
    Best Era = late 80's early 90's (yeah the music too :D)
    The sport = 90% honourable contenders 10% corrupt +100% corrupt promoters,refs & organisers

i agree with everythin there except the best era, best and toughest era, but also very corrupt era was the 50's and 60s.
    round 13 and these 2 are stillkillin each other lol

sugar ray robinson best ever!!!

Ah,but could any of them do this?

:D It's a knockout!

Ah,but could any of them do this?

:D It's a knockout!

bit of a disasterpiece that :D i like him, has loads of helpful vids on yt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

stonewall classic, the ravey stabs in this are :eek::eek:;)

jonnny68 wrote: »

one of me fav hardcore tunes from '92 ;)

any1 got a cocaine problem???? :D:D:D

jonnny68 wrote: »

Fookin love that tune! .....

They gave us some crackers!!

the classic....

and the well known ...

this ones a bit marmite...

Never liked this one though ....

here's one from 89 .... not good! lol (dodgy MC)

and finally... (very De La Soul type vocal vibe on this - woulda sounded good back in the summer of 89 lol )

"Make some noise for the House Crew tonight!"

this is my tune of the day ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Just listenin to the i pod today on shuffle and this came on. The first ever acid house tune.

Absolute beast of a tune. Hard to believe it was made 25 years ago. Must've sounded like something from another planet when it first came out. Great little clip of Spanky and Pierre talkin about it below.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Just listenin to the i pod today on shuffle and this came on. The first ever acid house tune.

Absolute beast of a tune. Hard to believe it was made 25 years ago. Must've sounded like something from another planet when it first came out. Great little clip of Spanky and Pierre talkin about it below.

Cool tune & vid Billy,Were they the first to use the TB303? and is that what defines 'Acid' as a genre? I've no idea meself but I think guys like Alexander Robotnick would have something to say about that, he was producing 'acid' sounding tunes from as early as 1982.

Here's probably his most recognized release from 83...

and he's still at it today

then there's Kraftwerk going back to the early 70's ..... pretty bold claim by those DJ's that they were the mother & father who brought 'Acid' into the world.

......but,like I said, I've no idea regarding what defines a certain genre :confused:, I leave that to the genre junkies lol but i do know its got something to do with 303's 808's and 909's :o

Cool tune & vid Billy,Were they the first to use the TB303? and is that what defines 'Acid' as a genre? I've no idea meself but I think guys like Alexander Robotnick would have something to say about that, he was producing 'acid' sounding tunes from as early as 1982.

then there's Kraftwerk going back to the early 70's ..... pretty bold claim by those DJ's that they were the mother & father who brought 'Acid' into the world.

......but,like I said, I've no idea regarding what defines a certain genre :confused:, I leave that to the genre junkies lol but i do know its got something to do with 303's 808's and 909's :o

its the 303 synth that makes the acid sound, like in the tune here, the acid sound gradually creeps in from 1.02 minutes until itys full volume then starts goin crazy :D great stuff!!!

Does anyone know the name of the acid house track that had a voice saying the following in it over and over. I think its a male voice but could be mistaken...

'Can you fantasize...
    Can you fantasize...
    Feel the Ecstacy...
    Between you and me..
    Can you fantasize...

etc...'

Circa 87/88/89, very similar sounding to Acid Trax above (monster track btw) ??? :confused:

doesn't ring a bell jay

Does anyone know the name of the acid house track that had a voice saying the following in it over and over. I think its a male voice but could be mistaken...

'Can you fantasize...
    Can you fantasize...
    Feel the Ecstacy...
    Between you and me..
    Can you fantasize...
    etc...'

Circa 87/88/89, very similar sounding to Acid Trax above (monster track btw) ??? :confused:

Wouldn't be this would it? House tune (Dub version) that fits the timescale 87/88 ........but not acid :o

While I wouldn't consider meself a 'fan' of the acid sound (i like it, it just wouldnt be a fav sound for me) I do like this mix I found on YT earlier,i've enjoyed listening to this.

And as a music lover I gotta give it it's 'respect' for it's place in the history time line of 'Rave' evolution........ Acid a musical phenomenom :cool:

Wouldn't be this would it? House tune (Dub version) that fits the timescale 87/88 ........but not acid :o

Nah I looked up that earlier and thought the same until I listened to it :rolleyes: Mick Walsh has it. Will ask him on FB and see if he remembers it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

As far as I know the 303 came out around 1980 originally as a bass producing machine to accompany the electric guitar so whilst Phuture wouldn't have been the first to use it they were probably the first to program it to a house beat and get that trademark "squelchy" sound out of it, either way it's an amazing sound that comes out of that little silver box.
    Another acid classic from Pierre below

• Advertisement

Nah I looked up that earlier and thought the same until I listened to it :rolleyes: Mick Walsh has it. Will ask him on FB and see if he remembers it. :pac:

I had a feeling it wouldn't be that but sometimes ya can be surprised lol ....... is Mick forthcoming with ID's? not one of the 'Monks of the Wheelsofsteel' who have taken an unwritten and unspoken vow of non-disclosure :D or are they a more exclusive order?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement