Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

i love the aul acid house, not my fav music these days but it was the music that got me into the dance scene as a baba. always have flash backs of buzzin round me cousins gaff as a kid just messin about when i hear voodoo ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Billy Mays wrote: »
    As far as I know the 303 came out around 1980 originally as a bass producing machine to accompany the electric guitar so whilst Phuture wouldn't have been the first to use it they were probably the first to program it to a house beat and get that trademark "squelchy" sound out of it, either way it's an amazing sound that comes out of that little silver box.
    Another acid classic from Pierre below

Cheers Billy , lol i suppose if you were to subscribe to my way of thinking then we'd have this gobshiote credited for a place in the musics history pages :D:D:D:eek:

which is a tad unfair as on of my alltime fav songs (genre alert - it's not jungle or dnb lol ) is this ....

which has a stylophone sound running through it :o

But just for laughs ........check this out (Hip Hopsters are urged not to press play lol) this fooking cracked me up!

Gwan Leeds rude bwoys!!! Bad A$$ :D:D:D

es-cee wrote: »
    i love the aul acid house, not my fav music these days but it was the music that got me into the dance scene as a baba. always have flash backs of buzzin round me cousins gaff as a kid just messin about when i hear voodoo ray.

I think I danced my way into dance music lol I was breakin during the mid to late 80's and had come up on a diet of oldskool hip hop and breakin tunes , this new fresh sound of the late 80's just felt like the next stage of my music loving affair this one been the stand out one for me (I could bust a breakin move to this lol)

After this the lino got discarded and the "swathing flies in front of you" with both hands became the new craze lol and then of course the big fish little fish cardboard box or as i refered to it big box little box stack the shelf :o

Jaysus the things we did when we were young lol :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Cheers Billy , lol i suppose if you were to subscribe to my way of thinking then we'd have this gobshiote credited for a place in the musics history pages :D:D:D:eek:

Funny you should mention him. One of the first 12" I bought

Absolutely cringeworthy when you listen to it now.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Funny you should mention him. One of the first 12" I bought

Absolutely cringeworthy when you listen to it now.

lol think we've all been down that road m8 :D

I'd had 7" vinyls bought for me when i was younger, Adam n the Ants,Madness,Specials etc but the first 12" I went and bought meself was

followed by ...

and

Back then it was just me dad's Wharfdale turntable/cassette/radio system :o so it ment playing the vinyls n recording onto tape for use when we were spinning round on our backs on a peice of lino or cardboard lol .........we were cool as!! :rolleyes: lmao!

continued on in that vain buying random records that I thought sounded good, eg: the Bomb da Bass tune, until I stumbled upon & purchased this...

......and then it all went mental :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Check this out ....... What a fooking toerag BBC Reporter Ben Brown is!!

BBC News the UK Governments propaganda network stoops to the lowest level here. :mad:

The futures bright........the futures wearing flourescent jackets & weilding a baton!! Welcome to the United Police States of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

whats that track..there must be music cmon cmon, there must be music cmom cmon. female vocal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

I had a feeling it wouldn't be that but sometimes ya can be surprised lol ....... is Mick forthcoming with ID's? not one of the 'Monks of the Wheelsofsteel' who have taken an unwritten and unspoken vow of non-disclosure :D or are they a more exclusive order?

Ah Mick is grand for coming across with the names - if he can remember them :D - I'll post it up if he comes back to me. Great acid house, just like this one...Classic...

Garden of Eden - Serpent in the garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTT1qrqLig

whats that track..there must be music cmon cmon, there must be music cmom cmon. female vocal

A classic case of the blind leading the blind here but ....anything else to go on? :o

• Advertisement

Check this out ....... What a fooking toerag BBC Reporter Ben Brown is!!

BBC News the UK Governments propaganda network stoops to the lowest level here. :mad:

The futures bright........the futures wearing flourescent jackets & weilding a baton!! Welcome to the United Police States of Europe.

FFS!!! After all his probing for a reason to say that the police were right to do what they did and not finding anything there wasn't one word of condemnation from him for their actions. But had he found anything against the poor disable guy he would have lambasted him with it. Talk about wanting to ring someone's neck. Hope the BBC receive thousands of letters of complaint over that spoon. :mad:

JCarey70 wrote: »
    FFS!!! After all his probing for a reason to say that the police were right to do what they did and not finding anything there wasn't one word of condemnation from him for their actions. But had he found anything against the poor disable guy he would have lambasted him with it. Talk about wanting to ring someone's neck. Hope the BBC receive thousands of letters of complaint over that spoon. :mad:

My sentiments as I heard this "There's suggestion You were wheeling your chair towards the police!
    Did you throw anything?
    Did you shout anything provacative or throw anything to induce the police to do that to you?"

Fookin right wing scumbag, BBC is the UK's Fox channel.

Here's a spot the difference puzzle for ya!
    vPAloZo4Ee2-tMzhX2yJXg13855images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9b7mMDqMRZvj25nFP_MHonVFJLov27Vymb0g_oQAZNt2P_xHY2A

Here's a spot the difference puzzle for ya!
    vPAloZo4Ee2-tMzhX2yJXg13855images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9b7mMDqMRZvj25nFP_MHonVFJLov27Vymb0g_oQAZNt2P_xHY2A

Hhhhhmmm..... Fukc you've got me there Earl... Can't see any difference except that the one on the right looks more functional and has a better hair do than the one on the left but apart from that, no difference whatsoever...

Feck, remember this??? (needs pitch)

Family Foundation - Express Yourself (Original Don Mix)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXwGQtmt8b4

Absolute classic Jay :cool::cool::cool:

brilliant track,remember havin that on 1 of them hit the decks tapes yrs ago,

Ah Mick is grand for coming across with the names - if he can remember them :D - I'll post it up if he comes back to me. Great acid house, just like this one...Classic...

Garden of Eden - Serpent in the garden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHTT1qrqLig

Here's that track I was talking about earlier. Thanks Mick W :D

Adrenalin M.O.D - Ecstasy - wherever you may be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-xfpXQs40I&feature=related

Wired...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I'm pretty sure i have this at home J:confused:
    I will check it out later..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

I'm pretty sure i have this at home J:confused:
    I will check it out later..

If its any help, I know the label is white and it has Chinese type writing on it in black (silver actually).

EDIT: Found it. Get in Mick Walsh :)

The Holy Ghost - Up an atom/Yukis Gospel (wasn't far off with the name)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhwl1m8MSLY

Here's the label:

R-99425-1077017621.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

jonnny68 wrote: »
    13 years today since the legendary Tony De Vit died, amazing DJ and producer.

Didnt know that Jonny

Here is a mix from him

http://www.mediafire.com/?p89ajevveo1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

ger just posted this on my wall over on facebook, had totally forgotten about it tbh so big upz man ;)
    killer track!!!

any1 know that track, very similar to minimal man and this track at 2 mins
    real warpy techno sound 2 it

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Ah good aul Lar have you ever seen him in recent years Marc?

I think the last time i seen him was about 8/9 years ago in Dorset St i think he said he was just into toking on the hash and that's it, it would be deadly for everyone to catch up again for the Shaft reunion and the next asylum reunion.;)

yea it wud b about the last time i seen him 9 yrs ago i met him on a bus he was going 2 work he was doing tilling at the time & yea that wud b special if we cud get as many as the old crowd togeather,you shud try an get the girls from bray & any 1 else we use 2 hav the buzz wit as im reall looking forward 2 the shaft reunion ass the 1 i went 2 in 2006 was 1 of the best old skool nites iv had in yrs & was much better than the asylum reunion 2 weeks ago i was just glad i didnt hav any expectations for hearing some real asylum classics apart fom warren was his usuaall brilliant an computer was good so was pat hyland playing a real old 1990-93 house set wit a bit of slam positive educatio thrown in

Ace i hav reload,showdown nite,industrial standard and a few other pressure mix's that havnt been U/l as well as a Warren K from the asylum that hasnt been U/l & a few others i just hav 2 get the tape deck back off winnie/slim he has a brilliant dilly mix from the asylum that hasnt been U/L yet he has 2 rip it so il try an get the deck back & rip all the mix's i hav that havnt been U/L yet as iv a few others as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭locked 1

DUB33 wrote: »
    yea it wud b about the last time i seen him 9 yrs ago i met him on a bus he was going 2 work he was doing tilling at the time & yea that wud b special if we cud get as many as the old crowd togeather,you shud try an get the girls from bray & any 1 else we use 2 hav the buzz wit as im reall looking forward 2 the shaft reunion ass the 1 i went 2 in 2006 was 1 of the best old skool nites iv had in yrs & was much better than the asylum reunion 2 weeks ago i was just glad i didnt hav any expectations for hearing some real asylum classics apart fom warren was his usuaall brilliant an computer was good so was pat hyland playing a real old 1990-93 house set wit a bit of slam positive educatio thrown in

Ace i hav reload,showdown nite,industrial standard and a few other pressure mix's that havnt been U/l as well as a Warren K from the asylum that hasnt been U/l & a few others i just hav 2 get the tape deck back off winnie/slim he has a brilliant dilly mix from the asylum that hasnt been U/L yet he has 2 rip it so il try an get the deck back & rip all the mix's i hav that havnt been U/L yet as iv a few others as well :D

hurry up mark :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

DUB33 wrote: »
    Yeah defo man im still in touch with Lisa and the girls haven't seen them for a few months though, Michelle is expecting a babby:D so doubt she would be out but Lisa, Aoife and Tara,etc would defo be out ill be sure to get onto them for either/or both the Shaft and Asylum reunion part 2.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement