Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Jaysus lads another blast from the past
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCHOTT-GREEN-CWU-R-FLIGHT-JACKET-LARGE-A1-CON-/170654250448?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item27bbc935d0

what i wouldn't give to have my aul Schott flight jacket back (accompanied by Fila Trailblazers) from 1994 to 1998 in Dublin these jackets were platinum as im sure many of you remember, it got to the stage they were so popular that cun*s were buying cheap imitations and going around robbing the Schott badge from peoples jackets (they could be easily pulled off) so i got mine sewn on:D you used to see loads of lads going around with Schott jackets minus the badge and you'd see other cun*s with cheap jackets with the Schott badge sewn on:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

sex pistols were good, well some good tunes, but the blokes a mouthpeice and an idiot.who gives a fook

Deadly :D im after finding a new one, whenever i have some spare cash ill be buying this, best item of clothing ever, a Ravers classic no doubt:cool:

http://www.stuartslondon.com/coats-jackets-c23/jackets-c25/schott-schott-nyc-bomber-cwu-r-navy-jacket-p577

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

jonnny68 wrote: »
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCHOTT-GREEN-CWU-R-FLIGHT-JACKET-LARGE-A1-CON-/170654250448?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&hash=item27bbc935d0

what i wouldn't give to have my aul Schott flight jacket back (accompanied by Fila Trailblazers) from 1994 to 1998 in Dublin these jackets were platinum as im sure many of you remember, it got to the stage they were so popular that cun*s were buying cheap imitations and going around robbing the Schott badge from peoples jackets (they could be easily pulled off) so i got mine sewn on:D you used to see loads of lads going around with Schott jackets minus the badge and you'd see other cun*s with cheap jackets with the Schott badge sewn on:rolleyes::D

sellin 2nd hand jackets on ebay, now i've seen it all pmsl!!!!

es-cee wrote: »
    sellin 2nd hand jackets on ebay, now i've seen it all pmsl!!!!

would only want it new myself but given how popular these jackets were (you can already see people making offers on that jacket) there's no doubt this jacket will sell,superb jacket it was.

• Advertisement

would only want it new myself but given how popular these jackets were (you can already see people making offers on that jacket) there's no doubt this jacket will sell,superb jacket it was.

ah great jacket no doubt, but i wouldn't be into buyin and wearin 2nd hand clothes lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Yeah defo man im still in touch with Lisa and the girls haven't seen them for a few months though, Michelle is expecting a babby:D so doubt she would be out but Lisa, Aoife and Tara,etc would defo be out ill be sure to get onto them for either/or both the Shaft and Asylum reunion part 2.:)

yea Jon it wud b great 2 hav a reunion of us it wud b great 2 get lisa & Co & if we cud get in contact wit lar it wud b amazing try an org. it for the shaft reunion as i recking it wud b better than the asylum 1 judging it by the last 1 & the safte reunion's r alway's brilliant as u kno wat ur going 2 b hereing unlike the asylum were a lot of the djs werre playing tracks from after the asylum from 95/96 & in 1 case 99/2000 i wont mention any name's :eek: LoL

Anyway some great Progressive classics been belted oit by keith behan on Techradio letal tunes been played 89-94 atm tune in

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/www-techradio-org :cool:

Sound Marc ill look into it man...

and here we have another absolute favourite of mine, very popular from 1990 to 1993 on the Rave scene, gonna buy these too when i have the spare cash,i used to have a pair just like this. :)

Fila Trailblazers

fila-trailblazer.jpg

I'm on a roll here :D
    John Richmond Destroy another popular clubbers label in the 1990's

7dFm.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Savage :D I never had a black/green one, I got a fawn/mustard one in 'Envy' (i'm sure it was Envy or the one a coupla doors down) on Mary street ......coz I seen it on someone on TV and wanted it for weeks....was coming up to chrimbo and went into town to buy chrimbo clothes....jacket looked the dogs with black baggy jeans and a pair of SPX (red) 'hi tops' :o

Never had my jacket touched but had several pairs of levi's and tops taken off the washing line lol thieving little scumbag b'stards!!! :mad: used to walk around saying "i'll know my jeans if i see them on someone" lol

....speaking of clothes and with oldskool in mind, can anyone remember the name of the clothes shop (short lived) that was on the corner (2 stories) as you turned to go into the ilac centre (turning right walking up from O'Connell street) woulda been the first turn right where they used to sell all the dodgy tshirts on the stalls,it was all 'rave' clobber and they used to have a DJ playing tunes....was a deadly shop just to have a browse and listen to tunage lol 'window shop raving' :D

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Savage :D I never had a black/green one, I got a fawn/mustard one in 'Envy' (i'm sure it was Envy or the one a coupla doors down) on Mary street ......coz I seen it on someone on TV and wanted it for weeks....was coming up to chrimbo and went into town to buy chrimbo clothes....jacket looked the dogs with black baggy jeans and a pair of SPX (red) 'hi tops' :o

Never had my jacket touched but had several pairs of levi's and tops taken off the washing line lol thieving little scumbag b'stards!!! :mad: used to walk around saying "i'll know my jeans if i see them on someone" lol

....speaking of clothes and with oldskool in mind, can anyone remember the name of the clothes shop (short lived) that was on the corner (2 stories) as you turned to go into the ilac centre (turning right walking up from O'Connell street) woulda been the first turn right where they used to sell all the dodgy tshirts on the stalls,it was all 'rave' clobber and they used to have a DJ playing tunes....was a deadly shop just to have a browse and listen to tunage lol 'window shop raving' :D

AFAIK the name of that shop (it was on Moore st) was called Storm, you walked in and went upstairs of a Saturday and instanly you got the nod;) from fellow ravers,many had backpacks which was the thing back then (change of clothes cos you'd sweat like a cu*t:D) some were out from the previous night others were just heading out that night.

It was a deadly shop,used to have flyers for Sides, The Ormond and loads of others,sometimes i used to buy baggy stripey tops, dossee possee loads of smaller raver labels that were popular back then, sometimes id walk in on me own and just recognise people from Sides and all the talk was about last night or last week and the night ahead and how "deadly it was going to be" (as usual:D) dunno what DJ's were ever on but we used to be standing around listening to the tunes and people would mention what yokes they had took and how good they were (if they were new) and my ears would always prick up at this type of talk :D

AFAIK the name of that shop (it was on Moore st) was called Storm, you walked in and went upstairs of a Saturday and instanly you got the nod;) from fellow ravers,many had backpacks which was the thing back then (change of clothes cos you'd sweat like a cu*t:D) some were out from the previous night others were just heading out that night.

It was a deadly shop,used to have flyers for Sides, The Ormond and loads of others,sometimes i used to buy baggy stripey tops, dossee possee loads of smaller raver labels that were popular back then, sometimes id walk in on me own and just recognise people from Sides and all the talk was about last night or last week and the night ahead and how "deadly it was going to be" (as usual:D) dunno what DJ's were ever on but we used to be standing around listening to the tunes and people would mention what yokes they had took and how good they were (if they were new) and my ears would always prick up at this type of talk :D

Sounds like the spot J :D good man......jaysus we probably said hello in passing or at the least gave eachother the nod lol

I bought a few 'Logic' tops there....long sleeve tops with like futuristic skull motifs ala metalheadz and the word 'Logic' on the sleeves...:cool:

1. virtualmismo - cosmonautica
    2. the delorme - spanish fly
    3. incisions - techno gong
    4. i know well but memories failing me :(
    5. the peppermint lounge - the lemon project (grapefruit mix)
    6. quench - dreams
    7. luxor - perpetuum mobile
    8. same tune
    9. submerge - the land of creation
    10. infrequent oscillation - burnig phibes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Sounds like the spot J :D good man......jaysus we probably said hello in passing or at the least gave eachother the nod lol

I bought a few 'Logic' tops there....long sleeve tops with like futuristic skull motifs ala metalheadz and the word 'Logic' on the sleeves...:cool:

Remember that shop alright. Was it not called Banana Republic at one stage?? Used to be great for the flyers as Johnny said. Got the "Heaven on Earth" in the Point flyer in there. Come to think of it there were a couple of clothes shops around town where like minded folk used to hang out. The Gap in the GPO arcade was always busy and Raidar clothing in Stephen's Green Centre used to sell some good clobber. They also sold mix tapes in there which was rare back then. Picked up a couple of deadly Billy Scurry tapes in there, this would've been a while before Abbey Discs started selling the Mick Walsh, Pressure etc mix tapes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

what mix is that off? sounds like a pressure tape, tracklists for most of them..ya didnt know quench dreams?

cheers yes took them off pressure tape no luck tryin to track a trklist down so went true the trouble of individually uploadin them ah well...fek must of posted the wrong link than of course i know quench:D..never mind sound for postin d rest up.....tryin to download joe mangans show the oder nite from ustream how can ye download the .flv or mp3 from the recordeed videos on ustream any ideas :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

cheers yes took them off pressure tape no luck tryin to track a trklist down so went true the trouble of individually uploadin them ah well...fek must of posted the wrong link than of course i know quench:D..never mind sound for postin d rest up.....tryin to download joe mangans show the oder nite from ustream how can ye download the .flv or mp3 from the recordeed videos on ustream any ideas :p
    which tape tho? dont think u can dl it,real player will copy it, but u only get the adds, uve 2 sign up and pay premium account to knock adds off so u can dl

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Remember that shop alright. Was it not called Banana Republic at one stage?? Used to be great for the flyers as Johnny said. Got the "Heaven on Earth" in the Point flyer in there. Come to think of it there were a couple of clothes shops around town where like minded folk used to hang out. The Gap in the GPO arcade was always busy and Raidar clothing in Stephen's Green Centre used to sell some good clobber. They also sold mix tapes in there which was rare back then. Picked up a couple of deadly Billy Scurry tapes in there, this would've been a while before Abbey Discs started selling the Mick Walsh, Pressure etc mix tapes.

Yeah the Gap was where I picked up my Schott jacket, think though it was the branch on the street at the end of Grafton St, can't remember the name now but the jackets etc were on the top floor. I was so feckin chuffed when I got that, it really was the ultimate jacket at the time. I had the black one - although not long before that I used to have a dark green bomber jacket which I bought in Army Bargains, that and my old Cox Creepers - huge big feckin black and red suede crepes!!! - definitely pre-raver days though, you certainly wouldn't drag a pair of those clubbing with you.

Funny to read mention also of clothes being stolen from clothes lines, used to be shttin my good Levis would be nicked off the line, thankfully never happened - completely forgot that buzz of people clothes being robbed!

• Advertisement

My choice of dancing shoes were Puma all the way, feckin loved my pair of Navy Pumas which I had I'd say around 1994 or so... great for boppin away and feet not getting too hot :pac:

Puma.jpg

Then of course the Schott... I wonder what ever became of mine :(

Schott.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

6. quench - dreams
    8. same tune

4. is "Escrima - Train Of Thought"

http://www.discogs.com/Escrima-Train-Of-Thought/master/142213

6. quench - dreams
    8. same tune

Well played Es :cool: some man for one man!....and a top one at that!

tdv123 wrote: »

Well done TDV.......it was a toss up between yourself and Ace to 'name that tune' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 double_six

Hi there

Dont know if u still need ID the slow down spped up track, but its "New York Express" by Hardhead - on Strictly Rhythm records 1994
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NntWjylvLgM

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 double_six

oops sorry - last post must seem off topic, but really for scubadevils - you mentioned that track in a post couple years ago?
    just came across your post while searching web for that same track - just wanted to share the knowledge - great board BTW

Sean

double_six wrote: »
    Hi there

Dont know if u still need ID the slow down spped up track, but its "New York Express" by Hardhead - on Strictly Rhythm records 1994
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NntWjylvLgM

Sean

I may have asked about that track in this thread before, only 2 days ago I randomly discovered it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73125188&postcount=2417

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

sex pistols were good, well some good tunes, but the blokes a mouthpeice and an idiot.who gives a fook

Say what you like about the man, but an idiot??? :confused: He has a point about the architecture though, fcking dreadful :) And what he said about how people have changed since times gone by. We seem to be completely controlled by commerce and money these days. Anyway he could be wrong or he could be right...

Public Image Limited - Rise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzNjmIWbns4

:)

i like him, deffo not an idiot! seen him up on stage takin questions and answers about political and world matters and he was talkin rings around the "highly educated" people supposed to be grillin him, left most of em in a ha'penny place.

• Advertisement

:eek: ........... i swear sometimes you go against the grain just to buzz off people? ;)

I tell ya, I wouldn't mind been called an idiot (and I bet he doesn't either) having achieved a life like this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lydon

I don't think I've ever, ever ever ever read or heard anything with regard to him been 'exposed' as a liar or been misleading or the like, he's asked a question he gives a 100% honest opinion and answer and makes no apologies for it.He stands by all he has ever said,written,sang & done and there's not many in the world who can do that. The world could do with more like him as a matter of fact!

for a good read , grab this!
    175094.jpg

The man is anything but an idiot.

“It's a repressive society where you can't be horrible, I'm not horrible, they made me horrible, I'm just honest.”

for more brilliant quotes from the man ....
    http://thinkexist.com/quotes/johnny_rotten/

"You should never, ever be understood completely. That's like the kiss of death, isn't it? It's a full stop. I don't ever think you should put full stops on thoughts. They change."
    — John Lydon

;) "gwaan ouuta dat ya good thing" :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement