Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theoldalfer

jonnny68 wrote: »
    AFAIK the name of that shop (it was on Moore st) was called Storm, you walked in and went upstairs of a Saturday and instanly you got the nod;) from fellow ravers,many had backpacks which was the thing back then (change of clothes cos you'd sweat like a cu*t:D) some were out from the previous night others were just heading out that night.

It was a deadly shop,used to have flyers for Sides, The Ormond and loads of others,sometimes i used to buy baggy stripey tops, dossee possee loads of smaller raver labels that were popular back then, sometimes id walk in on me own and just recognise people from Sides and all the talk was about last night or last week and the night ahead and how "deadly it was going to be" (as usual:D) dunno what DJ's were ever on but we used to be standing around listening to the tunes and people would mention what yokes they had took and how good they were (if they were new) and my ears would always prick up at this type of talk :D

I think it was called Strip London at one stage

Yeah the Gap was where I picked up my Schott jacket, think though it was the branch on the street at the end of Grafton St, can't remember the name now but the jackets etc were on the top floor. I was so feckin chuffed when I got that, it really was the ultimate jacket at the time. I had the black one - although not long before that I used to have a dark green bomber jacket which I bought in Army Bargains, that and my old Cox Creepers - huge big feckin black and red suede crepes!!! - definitely pre-raver days though, you certainly wouldn't drag a pair of those clubbing with you.

Funny to read mention also of clothes being stolen from clothes lines, used to be shttin my good Levis would be nicked off the line, thankfully never happened - completely forgot that buzz of people clothes being robbed!
    Mcculla's was the name of that shop

My choice of dancing shoes were Puma all the way, feckin loved my pair of Navy Pumas which I had I'd say around 1994 or so... great for boppin away and feet not getting too hot :pac:

Puma.jpg

Then of course the Schott... I wonder what ever became of mine :(
    I used to get ripped for wearing these and adidas gazelles all the mates would have air max and air super duper max with 10 air bubbles:D. " what are ya wearing 70's runners for hippy" :rolleyes:.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Mcculla's was the name of that shop
    I used to get ripped for wearing these and adidas gazelles all the mates would have air max and air super duper max with 10 air bubbles:D. " what are ya wearing 70's runners for hippy" :rolleyes:.

Ah yeah Mcullas, long gone now! Don't know why I was thinking the Gap.

Ha - yeah hippy runners, I remember that too from the Air Max heads!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

Here use go Escrima - Train Of Thought good quality mp3 and at the right speed ;)

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/88076141/file.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

Here use go Escrima - Train Of Thought good quality mp3 and at the right speed ;)

http://www23.zippyshare.com/v/88076141/file.html

theres a better quality copy on 4shared mate, tis is only 6.6MB which is only about 128kbps (not good), the one on 4shared is 13MB 256kbps.

es-cee wrote: »
    theres a better quality copy on 4shared mate, tis is only 6.6MB which is only about 128kbps (not good), the one on 4shared is 13MB 256kbps.

ye but its slower though mate, and the quality of it was originally 320 i jus scaled it down so it wud upload much quicker :p

ye but its slower though mate, and the quality of it was originally 320 i jus scaled it down so it wud upload much quicker :p

once ya scale down the quality its lost forever mate, that one you upped is no use for playin out in a club situation. club system would pick up on it in an act.

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »
    once ya scale down the quality its lost forever mate, that one you upped is no use for playin out in a club situation. club system would pick up on it in an act.

ye but i doubt any one on here who downloads the tunes or goin to be usin them in a club in fairness more so for personal use ye know mate :P

ye but i doubt any one on here who downloads the tunes or goin to be usin them in a club in fairness more so for personal use ye know mate :P

good few djs on this forum mate.

• Advertisement

just listenin back over some of these ubik tunes again, still sound killer after 20 years.

anyone have the rest of the pressure sets like deeper side b and house pressures ??

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Happy Birthday Ace (Today) I hope ya Hav a Good Day Pal ! :D

I;m after finding out the name of a tune iv been looking for since 93/94 well i found out the name a while ago & i cudn't beleive who it was by as iv never bothered 2 chq it as i thought it was a track i didnt lik so it was a surprise but a great 1 as its in my top 10 & 1 of the best Progressive House track's ever IMO anyway here it is

happy birthday ace, big 36 is it???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

DUB33 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday Ace (Today) I hope ya Hav a Good Day Pal ! :D

I;m after finding out the name of a tune iv been looking for since 93/94 well i found out the name a while ago & i cudn't beleive who it was by as iv never bothered 2 chq it as i thought it was a track i didnt lik so it was a surprise but a great 1 as its in my top 10 & 1 of the best Progressive House track's ever IMO anyway here it is

Ah cheers Mark thks nice 1 buddy.

and

Lovely peice of piano in that track super.

Here's a track i was after for years aswell got it id'd a few weeks back.Very surprised to find out it was only Mega 'Lo Mania as i had the sample up here and NI and Ministry a few times.As it's on this http://www.discogs.com/Mega-Lo-Mania-Emotion-The-Mixes/release/176794 surly somebody on 1 of these sites had it.There's nothing special about the track just kinnda catchy.But it's another 1 of those tracks i recorded from sunset or the like so i was always after an id on it

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

aceberg wrote: »
    Ah cheers Mark thks nice 1 buddy.

and

Lovely peice of piano in that track super.

Here's a track i was after for years aswell got it id'd a few weeks back.Very surprised to find out it was only Mega 'Lo Mania as i had the sample up here and NI and Ministry a few times.As it's on this http://www.discogs.com/Mega-Lo-Mania-Emotion-The-Mixes/release/176794 surly somebody on 1 of these sites had it.There's nothing special about the track just kinnda catchy.But it's another 1 of those tracks i recorded from sunset or the like so i was always after an id on it

No Probs Ace sure u kno wat happens sometime's people don't listen 2 the flip's or remix's,my m8 Keith has done so many time's i rember being down wit him & he was playing a track off that PVD Comp. the 1 wit all his remix's on it & i said 2 him put on Dance2Trance's-Freefall & he didn't kno it was on the comp. & iv done that a few times & once r twise over in winnie's(Slim) & said when wud b playing a tune "The fllip is letal" & he wudnt off listened 2 it,me i listen 2 every track on a record as sometime's the flip's do b better than the main song on a release :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭JCarey70

See yiz in there if yiz are going. Hopefully the place will be rocked... :eek:

254540_193567684027504_100001228220431_546358_7295788_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement