Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

JCarey70 wrote: »
    See yiz in there if yiz are going. Hopefully the place will be rocked... :eek:

254540_193567684027504_100001228220431_546358_7295788_n.jpg

Jaysus Jay, cutting it fine? :D what time you due on? ....hope it goes well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

what was wrong with oos lasty night G? had no probs myself man.

es-cee wrote: »
    what was wrong with oos lasty night G? had no probs myself man.

I dunno man, I just kept getting that "mediafire server error" message ........ and then I dozed off :o ....woke up in the early hours with laptop still on my lap lol

Im half asleep here again lol, fookin oldage! .... took my son out to Liffey Valley cinema to see transformers 3D .....bleedin deadly! :D

I remember when this was must see TV lol fookin loved them.

the new one in 3D is the bizz, ok so it's no epic oscar laden film full of meaning and depth.....just a typical boys film,action,guns,explosions,cars,trucks & robots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

strange that.

used to love the transformer cartoons years ago.

:D

es-cee wrote: »
    strange that.

used to love the transformer cartoons years ago.

Ah man it was doing me head in, the first time I made a concious effort to log in and I couldn't lol typical!

I'm a cartoon junkie even to this day Es lol the big kid in me, still love road runner & the old Tom & Jerry ones :o ....but Transformers was the dogs! "Autobots,transform & roll out" lol there was also He-Man,Thundercats,Tarzan,G-Force ......ah,Saturday mornings just aint the same :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:D peeps missing a treet....Es Cee mixing up a House storm

http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html

savage!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

anyone know that indie appolonia remix that they played at the asylum,

Not sure meself, but remember there was the one by Indie & another by BMEx which was Trance rather than the original House version by Indie

Indie - Appolonia

B.M.Ex - Appolonia

edit:
    One of these? lol

Indie
    http://www.discogs.com/Indie-Apollonia/master/181342

B.M.Ex
    http://www.discogs.com/BM-EX-Appolonia/release/256625

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Not sure meself, but remember there was the one by Indie & another by BMEx which was Trance rather than the original House version by Indie

Indie - Appolonia

B.M.Ex - Appolonia

edit:
    One of these? lol

Indie

B.M.Ex

nah its none of them, it seemed to be a bit of jungle in it aswell could be mistaken its defo on one of dem pressure tapes il see can i root it out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Indie - Appolonia

B.M.Ex - Appolonia

edit:
    One of these? lol

Indie

B.M.Ex

I know the track your on about.I have an mp3 of it,but i have it labeled as
    Indie - Apollonia '93 mix on ECM.There's a mix on y/t that has ecm on the label but it's not the same 1 i have so i'm still unsure as to which mix it is.

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »
    I know the track your on about.I have an mp3 of it,but i have it labeled as
    Indie - Apollonia '93 mix on ECM.There's a mix on y/t that has ecm on the label but it's not the same 1 i have so i'm still unsure as to which mix it is.

so what your sayin is that its a rare white label mix of it is it, are you kindly goin to zippyshare it so for us lads here :p

DUB33 wrote: »
    No Probs Ace sure u kno wat happens sometime's people don't listen 2 the flip's or remix's,my m8 Keith has done so many time's i rember being down wit him & he was playing a track off that PVD Comp. the 1 wit all his remix's on it & i said 2 him put on Dance2Trance's-Freefall & he didn't kno it was on the comp. & iv done that a few times & once r twise over in winnie's(Slim) & said when wud b playing a tune "The fllip is letal" & he wudnt off listened 2 it,me i listen 2 every track on a record as sometime's the flip's do b better than the main song on a release :cool:

Yeah i've heard of people doing that alrite.Buying a vinyl for a particular track and not even considering checking the rest of the tracks on the vinyl.I have to be honest i can't understand people who have a strong interest in the field doing that.There's so many vinyls that have more than 1 good track on it,surly people with the experience would know to check them all.:D

Here or maybe they already knew and did'nt want to say anything to you,and were raging when you told them :P

so what your sayin is that its a rare white label mix of it is it, are you kindly goin to zippyshare it so for us lads here :p

no i'm not saying that at all.I'm saying i'm not sure.I could be but it might not be.I have'nt a scooby doo

Check you pm

no i'm not saying that at all.I'm saying i'm not sure.I could be but it might not be.I have'nt a scooby doo

Check you pm

got it;)..i cant find it on discogs anyway im mite well be a white label after all

Check you pm
    got it;)..i cant find it on discogs anyway im mite well be a white label after all

The only other one I can find relating to the track & the 93' is this one
    http://www.discogs.com/Indie-Apollonia/release/567585

Hey Ace ;) wouldn't mind a listen to that tune meself! .... ya got it on soundcloud by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

always liked this 1, good italian oldskool house 92

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

anyone know that indie appolonia remix that they played at the asylum,

I remember a few years ago looking for that mix, if it's the same one where on about?. It was a lot better that the ones on YT or any download site. I was temped to buy a few vinyls in the hope it was on it :pac:.

@ Ace - upload the mix buddy :D

maybe it was a mix remastered by the dj that played it in the asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

*and breath*

You edited this to run a spell check G, just so i get the full humor of the post i am assuming that should have spelt,

Breathe?
    so, what about any of the rest of yiz? what was your music journey tru life so far?

Where to begin,

Listening to brothers music on vinyl,

> Sex pistols
    > Stiff Little Fingers
    > Kinks
    > The Who
    > Joy Division
    > Madness
    > The Police
    > The Jam
    > Style Council
    > The Cult
    > Motorhead

Mid to late 80's

> Beastie boys
    > Public enemy
    > NWA
    > Ice T
    > SNAP
    > De la soul
    > Technotronic

Crossing into the 90's all became a bit of a mish mash,

> Primal scream
    > Happy mondays
    > Stone roses
    > Suade
    > Bob Marley
    > Peter tosh
    > Bob Dylan
    > Rolling stones
    > Bodycount (Ice T)
    > Rage against the machine
    > cypress hill
    > Ice Cube
    > Wu Tang clan
    > Busta Rhymes
    > And of course Rave Rave Rave

I was one of the air max heads reffered to above & unfortunatley we were anti Cure & Smiths heads at the time, found it all to fúckin Mopey & Depressing but oh how time changes your musical ear & minds eye.

• Advertisement

You edited this to run a spell check G, just so i get the full humor of the post i am assuming that should have spelt,

Breathe?

Where to begin,

> Sex pistols
    > Stiff Little Fingers
    > Kinks
    > The Who
    > Joy Division
    > Madness
    > The Police
    > The Jam
    > The Cult
    > Motorhead

Mid to late 80's

> Beastie boys
    > Public enemy
    > NWA
    > Ice T
    > SNAP
    > De la soul
    > Technotronic

> Primal scream
    > Happy mondays
    > Stone roses
    > Suade
    > Bob Marley
    > Peter tosh
    > Bob Dylan
    > Rolling stones
    > Bodycount (Ice T)
    > cypress hill
    > Ice Cube
    > Wu Tang clan
    > Busta Rhymes

I was one of the air max heads reffered to above & unfortunatley we were anti Cure & Smiths heads at the time, found it all to fúckin Mopey & Depressing but oh how time changes your musical ear & minds eye.

Except for the first part, i would of had a similar musical journey as your self.

oh.. and as your a bit of a grammar nazi i thought it would be appropriate to correct you above :pac: unfortunately

oh.. and as your a bit of a grammar nazi i thought it would be appropriate to correct you above :pac: unfortunately

Would 'tit head' be two words or all one word?:o

Would 'tit head' be two words or all one word?:o

Just buzzing :)

Just buzzing :)

Ah i know paddy, i was refferring to myself,

Tit head or tithead??:D

JCarey70 wrote: »
    See yiz in there if yiz are going. Hopefully the place will be rocked... :eek:

254540_193567684027504_100001228220431_546358_7295788_n.jpg

How did it go J?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Here or maybe they already knew and did'nt want to say anything to you,and were raging when you told them :P

Yea that's it :P

Keith behan Live now on techradio playing a late 90's show 2nite think the waterfront,olympic(97) ormond,pressure type stuff plus a few quality trancer's from time unlimited as they were still releaseing quality Trance/hard Trance till bout 99,so tune in folkes if nothing else 2 b doing :D

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/www-techradio-org

Enjoy your evening Folke's :cool:

Breathe?

Where to begin,

> Sex pistols
    > Stiff Little Fingers
    > Kinks
    > The Who
    > Joy Division
    > Madness
    > The Police
    > The Jam
    > Style Council
    > The Cult
    > Motorhead

Mid to late 80's

> Beastie boys
    > Public enemy
    > NWA
    > Ice T
    > SNAP
    > De la soul
    > Technotronic

> Primal scream
    > Happy mondays
    > Stone roses
    > Suade
    > Bob Marley
    > Peter tosh
    > Bob Dylan
    > Rolling stones
    > Bodycount (Ice T)
    > cypress hill
    > Ice Cube
    > Wu Tang clan
    > Busta Rhymes

Well said & i like most of the bands mentioned as before i became a raver i had a shaved head wit longish dread's going from the back of my head down past my shoulder's i was a rocker but got more into punk & hardcore & the gig's use 2 b brilliant & there was a good few punk band's around like "The paranoid vision's" who were a massive dublin punk band who played in the uk & last yr 1 of the guy's from the band was doing some work at my mum's house, it's a small world :)

Indie - Appolonia

B.M.Ex - Appolonia

edit:
    One of these? lol

Indie

B.M.Ex

The BMEx was another remix i think it was sasha i kno he did the mix that most people like,i know it came out as a double pack as well there's loads of mix's of it & then there was the mix with the countdown 10,9,8,7............Appolonia etc,etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement