Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Crackin post SD .... I love his other work as "Krispi Krouton",t'is a savage (and pricey to come by) EP

Beef & Tomato

Chicken & Sweetcorn (subject to further confirmation ??)

Diet Ham & Mushroom

Cream of Asparagus (subject to further confirmation ?? - see above,I was always of the mind this one was Chicken & Sweetcorn but the 2 YT uploads have me :confused:)

was actually listening to the EP over the weekend but as its a plain white label i didnt take note of what tune was on what side (using the runout etchings) :rolleyes:

The Vol 2 was another nice release!

Can you feel the sunshine

Generation

Work your body

Haah

:D Quality!!
    es-cee wrote: »

Both Krispy Krouton EP's are the dogs boll*x :D

:confused: Can anyone confirm the correct tunes for Chicken & Sweetcorn / Cream of Asparagus , there seems to be conflicting info on YT regarding the release....I'll have a look at them next weekend and suss out which side is which from the etchings.

:cool:

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Both Krispy Krouton EP's are the dogs boll*x :D

:confused: Can anyone confirm the correct tunes for Chicken & Sweetcorn / Cream of Asparagus , there seems to be conflicting info on YT regarding the release....I'll have a look at them next weekend and suss out which side is which from the etchings.

:cool:

check the vids on discogs http://www.discogs.com/Krispy-Krouton-Krispy-Krouton-EP/release/117855

• Advertisement

They're just the ones off YT same as these ones.

some killer tunage of the '92 hardcore variety goin down atm on http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html freebass in the mix ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

some killer tunage of the '92 hardcore variety goin down atm on http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html freebass in the mix ;)

Some killer tunes been played by Freebass.

Some killer tunes been played by Freebass.

yeah man, hes a good dj, always wicked selection of tunes on oos at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

not on the line up for tomorrow but, its gonna be another beltin night of the darkest tunes and sickest beats guaranteed ;) gotta love that little pic of SOR on the bottom left lmao :D

fullmoon-4.jpg

Look's Good might tune in if i can :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

Don't forget 2 Tune in 2 Techradio tonite from 8-12 for some serius Asylum Classic's Wit Fri. nite resident Winnie D & thur.'s show's Keith'Redliner'behan both r digging deep into there extensive vinly collection's 2 play a 4 hour back2back asylum Classic's & last show in the 'sweatbox' So tune in for some SERIUS ASYLUM CLASSIC'S!!!!!!!!!

http://www.techradio.og/

Going to be good folke's So i hope ya's tune in :cool:

DUB33 wrote: »
    Look's Good might tune in if i can :)

some killer oldskool goin down now marc http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

your inside the biggest Rave on earth :D

jonnny68 wrote: »
    your inside the biggest Rave on earth :D

yup, reserved for those peeps that are rave savy, and no1 else!!!!

goin out to any mornin ravers out there, some sick fcukin beats goin down on http://onlyoldskool.com/radio.html atm :D

Asylum are very proud to announce as part of the 'Past, Present, Future' series, the appearance of one of the All Time Great DJ / Producers and a true legend of Classic House Music, Jeremy Healy.

I don't wanna out a dampner on things lads but mother of jaysus Jeremy Healy :eek: talk about cheese even back in the day the brand of house he played was even too cheesy for my liking, he was a raging coke addict too but we wont hold that against him :D he was big back in the day but to market him as
    one of the All Time Great DJ / Producers
    is mind boggling to say the least, i was expecting someone like Jon The Dentist or some Techno/Hard Trance DJ not a cheesy House DJ from the mid 90's,this is coming from someone who's first love is House too.

Mind boggling choice but each to their own!!:pac:

:D:D:D

They say little amuses the mental ........ I'm mental!!

And if you thought that was off the chomp , check this! lol it's an actual fookin song!! :eek:

...........anyway, back to the land of the sane :D ...... hope your all having a great weekend!

p.s. I've made the top one my ringtone lol just want to see peoples faces when it goes off!

DUB33 suggested Oiliver Lieb too and he would be a top choice, vintage hard trance in it's purest form, music that was actually played in the asylum, i don't recall much cheesy house played in the asylum, there may have been the odd tune but in the few times i went there (i mostly went to Sides/Ormond) it was mostly hard trance and techno.

• Advertisement

I don't wanna out a dampner on things lads but mother of jaysus Jeremy Healy :eek: talk about cheese even back in the day the brand of house he played was even too cheesy for my liking, he was a raging coke addict too but we wont hold that against him :D he was big back in the day but to market him as is mind boggling to say the least, i was expecting someone like Jon The Dentist or some Techno/Hard Trance DJ not a cheesy House DJ from the mid 90's,this is coming from someone who's first love is House too.

Mind boggling choice but each to their own!!:pac:

........... sample

I take it we'll also have a few of the Asylum DJ's doing sets? Jay,Heavey,Warren or the like?

Warern K not on the list :rolleyes::confused:

Liam Dollard has been added though and overall he is probably my fav Irish DJ, here's the line up....Jeremy Healy...jaysus im still trying to get my head around that one:eek:

5yrk8y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

i dont think there is a best dublin dj, they all pretty good depending what style you like,like.. if you heard a mix by carl cox, but u wernt told it was carl cox and say dj pressure,esp if they mixed the same tunes, would ya know who was who? the A list djs who play ibiza and internationally,arent they famous coz..1 its who ya know, and 2 ya gotta please the majority/crowd pleasing stuff

Liam Dollard has been added though and overall he is probably my fav Irish DJ, here's the line up....Jeremy Healy...jaysus im still trying to get my head around that one:eek:

5yrk8y.jpg

:( ah ffs ......looks like it'll be Dollard,Ed Case and Pablo for me!........this one doesn't have the appeal of the last night,was hoping it was going to be another legends laden affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

5yrk8y.jpg

:eek:No Jay Carey, No Pat Hyland, No Warren K \ and Mick Walsh is away ?
    hmmm think i'll give this one a miss lads? . Jeremy Healy ffs. vote with your feet on this one people!:)

5yrk8y.jpg

jeremy healy can fcukin do one as far as i'm concerned, looks like the "asylum brand" is turning into nothin more than just another oldskool night. jeremy bleedin healy.
    i dont think there is a best dublin dj, they all pretty good depending what style you like,like.. if you heard a mix by carl cox, but u wernt told it was carl cox and say dj pressure,esp if they mixed the same tunes, would ya know who was who? the A list djs who play ibiza and internationally,arent they famous coz..1 its who ya know, and 2 ya gotta please the majority/crowd pleasing stuff

dj pressure isn't fit to lace carl cox's boots mac, are you serious?

EDIT: listen to a coxy set and compare them, he wasn't world number 1 back then because of who he knew.
    pmsl at that statement.

oh i know, theres a difference alright.but if they mixed the same records.would you be able to tell who is who? arent djs more known for their material,rather than their mixing? like if you can mix records really well,i just dont think youd be able to spot the difference in mixing ability between a famous dj and a not so famous dj if you wernt told which 1 was which,
    like..if you heard a hardtrance mix,and then you wer told it was carl cox,youd never think it was him, coz he dont do hardtrance,but if you heard hardhouse clubby stuff, youd probly say, yea..that sounds like carlcox,it more the tracks they play that allows you to identify the dj,rather than the mixing,well i think anyway.
    and i think it is who you know.im sure there are unknown djs out there who are as good as cox.that havent made it big in the dj scene.maybe carl cox played a set many yrs ago to a celebrity crowd or some1 big in the music industry that got him huge publicity.in order for any1 to make it big in any industry, something like that would have to happen,

oh i know, theres a difference alright.but if they mixed the same records.would you be able to tell who is who? arent djs more known for their material,rather than their mixing? like if you can mix records really well,i just dont think youd be able to spot the difference in mixing ability between a famous dj and a not so famous dj if you wernt told which 1 was which,

dj pressure plays one tune mixes the next in without any trick mixin what so ever, coxy uses 3 decks and mixes it up. i have loads of cox mixes and i can tell when i'm listenin to one of his sets even if theres no mc crappin on about "carl cox in the mix" sh1t. same as with eddie halliwell or any of the good big names, they would mop the floor with pressure. maybe some of the big names out there got were they are by who they know, but cox was one of the 1st dance djs ever and got were he is purely by his tallent and nothin else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

The 1 with the break at 15.10 is mr mrs smith - gotta get loose (trilogy remix).The one after is Vincent De Moor – Systematic.The rest i'd like to know meself.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement