Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

nice 1 ace, yea i think that mrs smith is on the other edcase 96 too, love the 1st 1 and 1 at 12;11. the lil vocal.then kicks bk in,them edcase tracks are so hard to id, hes a style of his own.all german labels.fukers to id

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Check out the Asylum facebook group a lot of people not very happy with Jeremy Healy being booked, i have to say i was stunned when i seen his name, he is the last DJ id have expected to be booked,i dunno why they are trying to say he is one of the worlds best DJ's/Producers when he has been practically unheard of since the 90's, Oliver Lieb would've been a top choice his recent set @ Cream reunion in Liverpool is still being talked about it was that good, he played all his own tunage and remixes.

I'm in 2 minds if ill actually go, depends on how much they charge, if it's any dearer than €15 i definitely wont bother, ive a feeling this particular night wont be the resounding success the last one was however i could be wrong but cant see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

as ace would say..X C LENT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Check out the Asylum facebook group a lot of people not very happy with Jeremy Healy being booked, i have to say i was stunned when i seen his name, he is the last DJ id have expected to be booked,i dunno why they are trying to say he is one of the worlds best DJ's/Producers when he has been practically unheard of since the 90's, Oliver Lieb would've been a top choice his recent set @ Cream reunion in Liverpool is still being talked about it was that good, he played all his own tunage and remixes.

I'm in 2 minds if ill actually go, depends on how much they charge, if it's any dearer than €15 i definitely wont bother, ive a feeling this particular night wont be the resounding success the last one was however i could be wrong but cant see it.

Fook Healy, Fook Lieb and fook all the other big name ticket hiking DJ's they could,should or would get!!! fook the lot of em.....it's supposed to be 'The Asylum' they're trading on the name & the logo ffs they could atleast keep to Asylum DJ's

Here's a big name draw for 'Asylum' lovers JAY CAREY!!
    .....here's another ......Hev-E ...... and not to mention Mick W & Warren , Pat H & the rest - ok ok all aren't going to be available from time to time or whatever but you get my point? It doesnt need a 'big name' to get the crowd in.....they need only look at the last one for the proof.

These are the names that made 'The Asylum' - these are the guys I want to see/hear again not some pony tailed ponce witha fookin suntan from playing too many outdoor sunshine sets.

http://asylumdublin.com/#/about/4550569007

If this is "The Present" what the fook wil the next one (The Future) be like I wonder?

I've yet to get over missing the last one,that there was future nights to look forward made me keep hold of my ticket,the half price with ticket line seems a bit of a hollow gesture now,almost like they needed a carrot knowing the next one wouldnt be as big as the 25th :(

Was realy looking forward to it,hope its not going to be a big letdown!

I see the 'forum' has gone from the 'official' website

p.s. .........and fook farcebook too! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

got a link jonny? too many asylum groups on fb to check lol, lazy fcuker i know :D

• Advertisement

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Fook Healy, Fook Lieb and fook all the other big name ticket hiking DJ's they could,should or would get!!! fook the lot of em.....it's supposed to be 'The Asylum' they're trading on the name & the logo ffs they could atleast keep to Asylum DJ's

.....here's another ......Hev-E ...... and not to mention Mick W & Warren , Pat H & the rest - ok ok all aren't going to be available from time to time or whatever but you get my point? It doesnt need a 'big name' to get the crowd in.....they need only look at the last one for the proof.

These are the names that made 'The Asylum' - these are the guys I want to see/hear again not some pony tailed ponce witha fookin suntan from playing too many outdoor sunshine sets.

If this is "The Present" what the fook wil the next one (The Future) be like I wonder?

I've yet to get over missing the last one,that there was future nights to look forward made me keep hold of my ticket,the half price with ticket line seems a bit of a hollow gesture now,almost like they needed a carrot knowing the next one wouldnt be as big as the 25th :(

would love it if coxy played at one of them tho, didn't he play the asylum in '93? wonder if he still has all his oldskool vinyl, must have a massive collection if he does.

es-cee wrote: »
    would love it if coxy played at one of them tho, didn't he play the asylum in '93? wonder if he still has all his oldskool vinyl, must have a massive collection if he does.

He did Es, it was the weekend of my 20th bday.......... and yeah there are exceptions to the rule :D Coxy been the exception!! lol but jaysus what would they be charging if they got him? I'd say he charges a pretty penny by the hour!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJc6w6PA0u5AfVCf92YlIunf6Vrszy11x0dYDqWXQahL_KYKKN&t=1

:cool:

• Advertisement

He did Es, it was the weekend of my 20th bday.......... and yeah there are exceptions to the rule :D Coxy been the exception!! lol but jaysus what would they be charging if they got him? I'd say he charges a pretty penny by the hour!

is that not taken from the waterford psyclone zone gig? if not does any1 have this set they can share? didn't think that gig in the asylum got recorded tbh, could be wrong tho.

yeah he charges somewere in the region of 14,000 for a 3 hour set.

is that not taken from the waterford psyclone zone gig? if not does any1 have this set they can share? didn't think that gig in the asylum got recorded tbh, could be wrong tho.

yeah he charges somewere in the region of 14,000 for a 3 hour set.

Couldn't tell ya m8, I'm just going on what the uploader says it is ....... I dont be ar$ed with the columbo detective work of dissproving what people claim sh!t to be lol (Liam Howlett set been a case in point)

14k for 3 hours and they say footballers are paid mad money lol good man Carl!! :D

Couldn't tell ya m8, I'm just going on what the uploader says it is ....... I dont be ar$ed with the columbo detective work of dissproving what people claim sh!t to be lol (Liam Howlett set been a case in point)

14k for 3 hours and they say footballers are paid mad money lol good man Carl!! :D

that knob jockey tiesto and david guetta get somewere in the region of 50,000 for a 3 hour set, plus a % of the takings at the door/gate.

killer coxy mix this

heres download link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYBNB0N5 ;)

jaysus that asylum carl cox flyer is amazing is there a bigger scan available?

I'm seeking sanctuary in my old skool hideouts for the rest of the day, im only after watching Inspector Morse the Rave episode, usually i wouldn't be into a programme like that but i remember watching this programme in 1992 and there it was on again today, i only found out that the rave scene in it was actually filmed at a real rave a friend on facebook told me i was wondering how it was so good and realistic, SOOOOOOOO after looking at that ive yet again gone into old skool mode and am again stuck in the early 90's until i fall asleep:D

Time machine and real ecstasy required please :o:o:D:D:D:D:D

I'm not uploading all the 10 minute videos of the whole episode they are all on youtube

I'm not uploading all the 10 minute videos of the whole episode they are all on youtube

lol seen it meself jonnny,I think I may have posted them YT links on here awhile back too.Good to watch though, some proper cheesy bits of pure TV land rubbish.:D

jaysus that asylum carl cox flyer is amazing is there a bigger scan available?

I'm seeking sanctuary in my old skool hideouts for the rest of the day, im only after watching Inspector Morse the Rave episode, usually i wouldn't be into a programme like that but i remember watching this programme in 1992 and there it was on again today, i only found out that the rave scene in it was actually filmed at a real rave a friend on facebook told me i was wondering how it was so good and realistic, SOOOOOOOO after looking at that ive yet again gone into old skool mode and am again stuck in the early 90's until i fall asleep:D

Time machine and real ecstasy required please :o:o:D:D:D:D:D

You might be able to grab it from hee and enlarge it/save it as a larger pic....
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dublinclubflyers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

Ah yes i remember this 1 now.Had a lend it on vinyl a few years back.I don't appear to have an mp2 tho.So yes x c lent holy.

Would have to agree with ya there Earl there supposed to be trading on the Asylum brand.So why not let the DJ's who partly made the Asylum what it was play.They could run a gig every couple of months with save half playing at 1 Gig and half at the other.At least then each DJ would get a proper 2 hr set.

Liking it E's

Liking it E's again

And again

When i first read this i thought you were saying that Car Cox did E's on the nite he played the Asylum hence the quote He did E's....lol
    that knob jockey tiesto and david guetta get somewere in the region of 50,000 for a 3 hour set, plus a % of the takings at the door/gate.

killer coxy mix this

heres download link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYBNB0N5 ;)

I'll give this a blast E's cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

did no1 ever think to record any of the raves in the mansion house?
    would be interested in hearing em if theres any doin the rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

did no1 ever think to record any of the raves in the mansion house?
    would be interested in hearing em if theres any doin the rounds.

Don't no why Es. Your man who uploaded it used dj bass mixes from the radio cos the sound was crap on the VHS or beta. very rare footage indeed !

Don't no why Es. Your man who uploaded it used dj bass mixes from the radio cos the sound was crap on the VHS or beta. very rare footage indeed !

deffo very rare alright, 1st i've come across anyway, but the promoters bitd should'v recorded the audio from the nights to sell as tapes packs.

jaysus that is really rare footage alright:eek: the aul mansion house was bleedin deadly i didn't go there loads of times but in the few times i did go there it was class, first time i went in 1990 i couldn't score a yoke for love or money i was gutted and ended up leaving:eek: mind you i used to always go to Sides in 1990 and yokes then were rarer than hens teeth so id be hammering the poppers outta it:o and asking anyone and everyone about those magical little pills (or rather capsules then) until i finally scored a half towards the end of the year i think it was:D

You might be able to grab it from hee and enlarge it/save it as a larger pic....
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dublinclubflyers

deadly link jaysus i just remembered the furnace who went to this cracking club used to be at the back of the old students union just off the quays behind the old virgin megastore, i had some great nights there during the mid 90's:)

https://picasaweb.google.com/dublinclubflyers/Furnace#5086069273727317474

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Wicked footage. Spotted this belter on the second video. One of the first 12" I ever bought and still one of me favourites.

Two crackin mixes from Leftfield on the B side aswell. Brucie bonus!!!!

https://picasaweb.google.com/dublinclubflyers/PowersHotelKildareSt#5086066829890925874

im sure i went to this as well i definitelty remember the flyer, powers hotel didn't really hold a lot of raves but it was a goood spot all the same.

• Advertisement

https://picasaweb.google.com/dublinclubflyers/Various#5086434459323067154

ah yeah one of the best weekends ever, Orbital and Carl Cox on the Friday and Goldie/Metalheadz on the Sunday i never forget it:)

this link is fantastic brings back so many memories of raves and clubs i went to:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement